**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War Season Grand Finals?

Master rank 1 war alliance here. Based on the adjusted war leaderboard that Kabam Miike posted yesterday, rank 2 in alliance war seasons is only 80k behind us in season points. Seeing as we are undefeated thus far, and a tier 1 war victory is worth 400k season points, that must mean rank 2 alliance is also undefeated, otherwise they would be more than 400k points behind.

Only two wars left in season, is the matchmaking algorithm planning on matching us or not? Because it would be pretty lame if the final rankings has two undefeated alliances at the top who were fortunate enough to never match each other.

Comments

• MoneyheadMoneyhead Posts: 16
    Agreed, how can you have a true winner if rank 1 and 2 never match. Or one of the two alliances face no one all season except low master to platinum 4 alliances? Will they really take first this season by never facing anyone and getting free nodes? Or have to face the best 8x in a row AW champs KenOB?
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    This is very fishy yeah. Most alliances we face in tier 2 would never ever die to any of the defenders those guys can put in defense. They should base matchups purely on war rating and ignoring alliance rating. If you wanna be at the top, you need to beat the other top alliances
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    There is no way you guys will ever get matched with them. You are more than 2000 prestige higher. Kabam's match making algorithm will search far and wide to get them a match that is closer to their 9200 prestige range.

See page 2 of this post here when I detailed the top 50 alliances of each tier and how messed up it is.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179826/flawed-match-making/p1
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    QuikPik said:

There is no way you guys will ever get matched with them. You are more than 2000 prestige higher. Kabam's match making algorithm will search far and wide to get them a match that is closer to their 9200 prestige range.

See page 2 of this post here when I detailed the top 50 alliances of each tier and how messed up it is.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179826/flawed-match-making/p1

Even if the game ignored alliance rating and prestige, isn't the alliance in question a 3363 rating alliance? Would they necessarily have matched against KenOB by now if we had pure war rating matches?

The more I think about this, the more I think even war rating matches won't satisfy people. The assumption is simply too ingrained in people that matches should occur between alliances of similar placement in the brackets, not on their actual win/loss record. Only tournament-style match systems work that way.

I'm setting aside the question of whether any particular alliance reached their rating fairly. No one can separate that issue from match system issues, which are fundamentally different. At this point I'm wondering if the kind of system everyone claims to want would actually do what they think it would. Because it wouldn't: rating based match systems are not guaranteed to match #1 against #2 in the master bracket. They would eventually match #1 against #2 in war rating, which is not the same thing.

It seems to me that the correct thing to do in the upper tiers of war seasons is to simply match alliances based on win/loss record. Winners face winners, and for all alliances with the same win/loss record you match against a randomly chosen alliance within 5% of your prestige.. This *guarantees* that #1 always faces #2 eventually, as long as #1 and #2 are within 4000 rating places of each other, and reduces the chances of having multiple rematches between alliances of identical win/loss record.

Not only can you not manipulate this system by manipulating prestige, you can't manipulate this system by manipulating war rating either.
    Well seeing there’s a few 9k prestige and around 23 mil alliance rating alliances in the top 100 spots just shows how **** kabam’s matchmaking system is. If you are in tier 1 you should face tier 1 alliances. You aren’t supposed to be in master or plat 1 bracket if you never face a great alliance. All of us high prestige alliances in master to plat 2 would wipe the floor with those alliances but we never ever face them

@FactorQ these are all in master and plat 1 bracket, I’m assuming you’ve never matched any of them since most alliances I face in tier 2 would also kick their asses
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    The system is utterly and completely broken. There is little to no semblance of fairness in it. They should either revert back to old system or completely scrap and start from scratch. This is honestly just getting ridiculous.

I am not a top player. I do have 10k prestige and play in a 30+ million alliance. We are teetering between gold 1 and gold 2 with no realistic shot at ever going up to plat 4 under the current match making system. Meanwhile I can go on global today and find myself a 20 million alliance whose prestige is far less than mine who is comfortably plat 4 pressing towards plat 3 playing in the same tier war but facing far easier opponents. It’s absurd
    @Ricardo60289 we’re not shaming them, we’re calling it unfair cause if they would play alliances like us they would lose all wars but cause they only face low prestige alliances they get a lot of free points from opponents skipping and not even facing defenders like a R3 6* dr doom or a map filled with 5/65 villains with siphon global. If you think that’s fair you’re totally wrong, dude
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    When March madness happens you do not see a Cinderella team win the entire thing with a built in protection that ensures they only play other Cinderella teams. They have to eventually, typically early on, take down a Duke or Virginia or Villanova.
  • DabNation1DabNation1 Posts: 22
    That forsure seems unfair. Good for those smaller alliances for having such a run and getting all those wins but they do not deserve to be up in the top. How is a master ally going to be placing mostly r4s on defense? It would be great to revamp the system and also build in something that prevents people from using shell alliances to cheat matchmaking. A few of those master alliances that are so small where in bronze rankings the season before. They know what there doing and taking advantage of the flaws.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Didn't match them today either, only one war left in season. Anyone from Kabam looking into this? Alliance war enlistment was supposed to solve the issue of top alliances avoiding each other during matchmaking and claiming all the top 3 spots. It looks like the matchmaking system is recreating this issue all on its own.

As DNA mentioned, matching based on win/loss record may help alleviate the issue. This season we've matched BRJP twice and ASR twice, no reason why we should have to defeat the same alliance twice in the season while rank 2 remains unmolested.
    FactorQ said:

Didn't match them today either, only one war left in season. Anyone from Kabam looking into this? Alliance war enlistment was supposed to solve the issue of top alliances avoiding each other during matchmaking and claiming all the top 3 spots. It looks like the matchmaking system is recreating this issue all on its own.

As DNA mentioned, matching based on win/loss record may help alleviate the issue. This season we've matched BRJP twice and ASR twice, no reason why we should have to defeat the same alliance twice in the season while rank 2 remains unmolested.

@FactorQ that’s because the alliance in spot #2 never faces an actual good opponent cause they only fight alliances around their prestige, which is why there are around 20 or maybe even more alliances of 18-25 mil alliance rating in the top 100 spots of season that only face eachother while they avoid hard opponents with hard defense because of the huge prestige difference
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    edited March 2020
    Prestige is more important than war rating or season rank in the matchmaking algorithm?

20M rating alliances are getting free master ranks.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    The 20 best alliances in the world (excluding the ones who lose on purpose) should make up the master bracket. If they don’t, then your system is broken.

Maybe there should be a system in place where the top 3 going into the final week have to match each other, so low prestige alliances that match nobody all season don’t steal top 1 or 2 master rewards from alliances that are significantly better. It’s bad enough they would still be getting 3rd place rewards ahead of true master alliances that would crush them.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    So looks like Season 16 is done, never got to match rank 2. Instead we matched rank 3 twice and beat them twice. Wonder if they should have been rank 2 instead....