**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost is being effected by Critical Resistance +90% in Act 6.4.3

CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
In 6.4.3 Portal to D, the whole path has Critical Resistance +90%. Corvus' crits activate each time as they are guaranteed, but Ghost's crits do not. Both are guaranteed, so obviously there is a bug here. Crit Resist hasn't caused issues with guaranteed crits anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    It’s working as intended.

Ghost’s guaranteed crits is affected by Crit resistance but Corvus’ is not as he has true damage.
  • Options
    Similar to how guaranteed crits work with glancing?

Guaranteed crit most likely just means crit chance is 100% which will undergo reduction from crit resistance and glancing effects.

CG’s guaranteed crits do not undergo crit resistance reduction due to the true damage buff he has.
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

There is a bug post about somewhere but they didnt comment in months on it.

What SHOULD be happening is: ghost and corvus (with charges ofc) should always crit. Crit resist should not factor when the ability says: guarantees next hit is critical. So it should not matter.

The only thing "stronger" than that is glacing = never crit

Doesn’t make sense.

It’s the same argument as when crits were changed to never crit when glancing. Guaranteed crits are bypassed by crit resistance, with which glancing provides 100% reduction for. So.... lol
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    This still makes no sense to me, if it’s guaranteed it should be guaranteed unless something says never such as glancing
  • Options
    Kabam, can we get clarification on this?
  • Options
    JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    I wonder if this will ever be fixed, or even acknowledged. I also believe guaranteed crits should not be affected by some % in reduction. It defeats the whole purpose of a champ having “guaranteed” crits.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    what is a guaranteed crit but a 100% chance to crit?
  • Options
    Ackbar67 said:

what is a guaranteed crit but a 100% chance to crit?

Could also be 1,000,000%
  • Options
    Seraphion said:

xNig said:

Seraphion said:

What SHOULD be happening is: ghost and corvus (with charges ofc) should always crit. Crit resist should not factor when the ability says: guarantees next hit is critical. So it should not matter.

Doesn’t make sense.

It’s the same argument as when crits were changed to never crit when glancing. Guaranteed crits are bypassed by crit resistance, with which glancing provides 100% reduction for. So.... lol
    This is 100% wrong. Glace doesnt have -100% chance to crit. It has you "cant crit".
    So in that topic you had:
    You cant crit vs your always crit.
    There was a decision made by kabam = never is stronger than always and that is fine.

Crit resist is NOT the same as never crit.
    Nowhere in the game is the info that guaranteed crits are 100% critchance.
    That is "just" your opinion on it.
    And a very antiplayerbase one as well.

Looks like you dont understand it or you are just trolling (If I look at your agree/disagree ratio I bet its the last one)
    More like you don’t understand it.

A guaranteed crit is a 100% chance to crit. Reword it in any other way, it’s still a 100% chance to crit, which is why you are complaining no? Cause your 100% chance to crit did not crit.

Crit resistance reduces the 100% chance to crit and is only bypassed by buffs that bypass resistances.

So yes, it’s working as intended that Ghost’s guaranteed crit doesn’t crit as often against champs with high crit resistance. Try fighting EF with Ghost and you’ll see that you will not crit 100% of the time. It’s been like this since Ghost was introduced.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Seraphion said:

xNig said:

Seraphion said:

Doesn’t make sense.

This is 100% wrong. Glace doesnt have -100% chance to crit. It has you "cant crit".
    So in that topic you had:
    You cant crit vs your always crit.
    There was a decision made by kabam = never is stronger than always and that is fine.

Crit resist is NOT the same as never crit.
    Nowhere in the game is the info that guaranteed crits are 100% critchance.
    That is "just" your opinion on it.
    And a very antiplayerbase one as well.

Looks like you dont understand it or you are just trolling (If I look at your agree/disagree ratio I bet its the last one)

More like you don’t understand it.

A guaranteed crit is a 100% chance to crit. Reword it in any other way, it’s still a 100% chance to crit, which is why you are complaining no? Cause your 100% chance to crit did not crit.

Crit resistance reduces the 100% chance to crit and is only bypassed by buffs that bypass resistances.

So yes, it’s working as intended that Ghost’s guaranteed crit doesn’t crit as often against champs with high crit resistance. Try fighting EF with Ghost and you’ll see that you will not crit 100% of the time. It’s been like this since Ghost was introduced.
    this is false in my opinion, 100% crit and guaranteed crit are two different things: the first has a chance that can be altered, the second doesn't. this was the reason behind the discussion that established that glancing overrides guaranteed crits, because "guaranteed" was different from "100%". if not, why wording them differently? ^_^ and if ghost misses a crit against emma it should be a bug, just like this ^_^

but there's another way to actually see who's right: are you a ghost user, by any chance? if yes, does she miss a crit against doom, korg or killmonger (all three has some crit resistance) sometimes? i'm asking because i'm not a ghost player, i haven't learned how to use her, so it's hard to verify by myself ^^"
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★

Corvus' True Damage ignores Resistances. It'd actually never occurred to me until now actually (I think we just never really thought through the implications of Critical Resistance being a Resistance cause Crit Resist came in long after True Damage), but yeah Critical Resistance is ignored by True Damage.

So why Killmonger True Strike (that ignores Resistances and Evasions & Autoblock) is affected by Critical Resistance? isn't it better than true damage?
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    xNig said:

Seraphion said:

Doesn’t make sense.

The fact is:
    Guaranteed Critical is not a chance. It's a Warranty. It's not like " you have 100% chance to deal critical hit" or even "200%" it's "You DEAL critical hit". It bypasses fatigue, it bypasses Critical Resistance(since Critical Resistance lowers the chance to receive a critical Hit, but as I told before, it's not a matter of chance.)
    For example, Gamora is a champion that has 100% critical hit chance with her special attacks. That's different from Guaranteed Critical, right?
    And it's absolutely not the same argument as the crits against glancing mechanics. There is the famous "cannot beats always" debate. Last year, Kabam Miike was commenting the Particle Protector in Variant 2 affirming it. It was logically true:
    Guaranteed Critical is like "the hit is always critical."
    Glancing is like "the hit is never critical"
    Ok, in this conflict the "never" wins.

But about the Critical resitance, i repeat, the fact is different:
    Guaranteed Critical: "The hit is always critical"
    Critical Resistance: "the has -90% to be critical"
    The "always" wins, isn't it?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Thing is it’s not true damage that allows CG to crit against the node.

Video-SW strips CG of his true damage buff and he never fails a crit. https://youtu.be/qSeGvyCWjlQ

All these wasted words battling CG and his true damage when that isn’t even the reason. It’s something about how Ghost’s “guaranteed” crits work.
  • Options
    Yes, I would still like to hear from Kabam on this.............
  • Options

Yes, I would still like to hear from Kabam on this.............

Yeah would be nice to hear from Kabam as the explanations from others simply don’t hold water. AFAIK Ghost is the only Guaranteed Crit champ subject Crit Resist; Wasp, and CG (regardless of true damage, which is damage modifiers like energy and phys resist not Crit resist) are not subject to a reduced chance to Crit, Man-Thing and Doom likely are not as well. So it’s a Ghost specific thing where the precision passive she gets is just +x% Crit rate and thus is subject to Crit resist.

This is confusing for players as other Guaranteed Crit champs do not function the same way. I’ve been told the Crit Resist can affect Guaranteed Crits (which is verifiably false unless your only measurement is with Ghost). I’ve been told True Damage ignores Crit Resist, also verifiably false.

So Kabam rather than leaving players struggling in the dark, shine a light on it. Even it’s just to say “sorry but the way Ghost functions her Guaranteed Crits are actually based on chance unlike other champions with the same ability.”
  • Options
    Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    I would love to hear from Kabam about this. As an avid ghost player, this interaction with critical resistance has always bugged me and I can’t understand why we can’t get a simple comment from Kabam about it.
  • Options
    Hey just bumping this to see if anyone OFFICIAL will confirm if it is a bug or not.......
  • Options
    Anyone tested this lately? I ask because I’m noticing ghost has not failed to crit emma in her diamond form lately.
  • Options
    Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    edited July 2020

Anyone tested this lately? I ask because I’m noticing ghost has not failed to crit emma in her diamond form lately.

I just tested in 6.3.4 and most of ghost’s hits that should be critical are still not being critical

Edited to correct quest number
  • Options
    Canucks37Canucks37 Posts: 85
    The corvus explanation makes sense until you try wasp, she still gets guaranteed hits so I dont understand why ghost doesnt as well, they are guaranteed after all
  • Options
    Canucks37 said:

The corvus explanation makes sense until you try wasp, she still gets guaranteed hits so I dont understand why ghost doesnt as well, they are guaranteed after all

Yeah, noticed this as well recently. I’m 95% sure Ghost is bugged on this node. And with no Kabam feedback it’s pretty frustrating.