**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6.2 Sinister

BENJI830BENJI830 Posts: 374 ★★
Would be great to use these Kabam energy gifts, but no way past this Sinister A$$ Clown Pay Gate. Only been playing the game 3+ Years. Guess I’ll keep waiting... great game design.

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    6.2 Sinister, 6.2 Champion and no retreat node are the three top contestants for worst in game design. I vote for no retreat node (timer should be 0.9-1sec instead of 1.2sec so skill would make a difference instead of simply “tank the block damage”), but the other two come close too. 🤣
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Ghulk with Angela and heimdall synergy will make you it easy to beat mr. sinister
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited March 2020
    It took me 5 or 6 revives w/ cmm at 25 charges on the initial completion. Not looking forward to explore this anytime soon. Plain bs
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Hyperion. Only took me about 3 revives could've done it in 2 but had a bad fight against him
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Heimdall & Angela makes any poison immune champ a counter. Quake is actually really good if you have those two to give her the fury.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    Sinister isn't that bad, it's that Champion that's a real pain! That last 10% is just BS.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    BENJI830 said:

Let’s hear all options - 5* or greater:
    - Heimdall & Angela w/Hulk
    - Warlock & Ultron
    - Capt Marvel Movie
    - ?

I used a r1 6* cmm. I'm thinking a 5/65 or 6* 2/35 w/ 3/3 in despair would be cheaper

For the No Retreat Champion (which is hands down one of the stupidest fights in this game) take in Mister Fantastic and place a careful study passive on his sp1 so you can take the block damage with another champ (I used Doom and the block damage was only about 400 per hit).

You bloody genius.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Evangelionlovr Thanks! That use alone of Mister Fantastic was worth the 100 bucks I spent on his early access bundles. He's really underrated for his utility, IMO. Like I know he gets a lot of attention for some of his abilities, but I don't think most people understand just how crazy useful his crossfight Careful Study is, especially for bs bosses like The Champion. He's also wicked useful for the Doom bosses in AQ, just slap on his Petrify debuff and any champ can take down Doom without worrying about triggering his Aura.
    I got him in one of my featured crystals back when I had Sigil, but he's sitting at R2 cause I have a lot of other priorities, but it sounds like he doesn't need to be ranked to do the Champion Boss assist you just mentioned.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Warlock with robot uprising synergy. He gives all poison-immune champs fury against caustic temper and you can cruise through. I did it for the first time today with one revive and no boosts. Medusa, GHulk, Warlock and Vision.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    The Champion was a truly nightmare, but Sinister was not even a chalenge during my run through 6.2
    @Evangelionlovr I would take him up to r4 honestly, even if you are only using him for the Champion boss. The problem is that you need to survive long enough for the Champion to activate 3 sp1s or 2 sp1s with one of the them hitting you to place the passive. With No Retreat, an r2 just won't have enough health to survive long enough and an r3 might not either. For the other nodes, an r3 will probably be fine, but for No Retreat, I had my Mister Fantastic at r4 and boosted up with a 20% champ boost and a 20% health boost and he still only barely lasted long enough to place the Passive.
    AHH ok didn't know he needed to survive I thought you just placed the crossfight ability and called it a day.
    @Evangelionlovr he has two crossfight abilities: 1. Where he can place up to three debuffs on a defender. He can do this without being in any fights at all (though you can only use two debuffs if he hasn't fought anyone). 2. His Careful Study Passives which he has to be in the fight and cause his opponent to throw three of the same special attack in a row. This passive lasts for Five fights and after needs to be reapplied. I hope that helps clear him up, he can be a little complicated.
    Yeah I vaguely remember that. I was really stoked when I got him and used him a bit but I didn't have the resources to rank him (and I hear he needs the dupe pretty bad) so I kinda forgot about his abilities.
  • Bala_riyz01Bala_riyz01 Posts: 145
    for me that champion at 10% is a nightmare than sinister i scoled many times the developer for designing that but come on if it is easy it will be very boary to play then but even tho personally offended by the champion fight

but me too struggled and waited for long for the perfect counter but still didn't got but i used cap marvel movie for make it got her a 3days before
    @Evangelionlovr He doesn't really need the awakened ability unless you actually plan to fight with him. It just gives him a higher power rate per Careful Passive and a higher chance to evade against unblockable attacks. It's useful, but not necessary
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

Sinister isn't that bad, it's that Champion that's a real pain! That last 10% is just BS.

couldn't have said it better. i think if there's one global agreement between those who have gotten that far is this statement. they should really get rid of that last 10%. it's already hard enough. but yeah .. just poop all around.
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    6.2 Sinister is the worst piece of game design I have encountered so far - I can't comment on the Champion fight because Kabam's awful game design on this boss means I can't progress without any of the very few counter champions. So stupid that it is so specific to having certain champions/synergies, yet you can't bring in 4*s.

I have a 9.5k prestige account yet I am having to wait until I can pull a suitable counter as I don't have CMM, Heimdall, Hyperion or Warlock as a 5* or 6*.

If I could just chuck in my 4* Heimdall I'd be able to progress.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    BENJI830 said:

Let’s hear all options - 5* or greater:
    - Heimdall & Angela w/Hulk
    - Warlock & Ultron
    - Capt Marvel Movie
    - ?

Ghost with Hood.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 524 ★★★
    Can OG cap marvel do this fight? I really don’t want to rank her up, but I don’t want to wait forever to pull a good counter. I just got a 3-4 cosmic 2016 gem I could use if needed.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Can OG cap marvel do this fight? I really don’t want to rank her up, but I don’t want to wait forever to pull a good counter. I just got a 3-4 cosmic 2016 gem I could use if needed.

Only with heimdall and Angela/hela synergy and even then she’ll die from shock damage before you can do more than 15-20% damage
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 524 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Matty_Ice said:

Only with heimdall and Angela/hela synergy and even then she’ll die from shock damage before you can do more than 15-20% damage
    Why don’t her furies count?