**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Doom Vs Fear of void

exeexe Posts: 56
Why doom is able to activate his aura while Fear of the void is active ?

While petrify debuff on doom aura is not activating but fear of the void which combines all the debuffs effect , doom is able to activate his aura.

Someone plz explain.

Comments

• exeexe Posts: 56
    Yes but it combines all debuffs effects.

Example : if you fight Hyperion and if you have fear of the void active , he's not able to gain power with his buffs . Same thing with regen.

But on doom it's not working. I am not sure before update it was like that.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    "The Aura of Haazareth can’t trigger while Doom is suffering from a Slow or Petrify Debuff and is paused during his Special Attacks."

Keyword: Debuff.

You need to have a petrify debuff on Doom. Fear of the void has an petrify effect applied, but is not a debuffon it's own
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Read dooms description. It says petrify debuffs. Fear of the void is passive petrify, along with a few other effects.
    Here is another example. Human torch’s incinerates reduce healing, just like petrify. Would you expect them to stop dooms aura?
    Edeuink said:

Read dooms description. It says petrify debuffs. Fear of the void is passive petrify, along with a few other effects.
    Here is another example. Human torch’s incinerates reduce healing, just like petrify. Would you expect them to stop dooms aura?

Human torch regen thing is completely different so need to debate on that.

https://youtu.be/JVWVD6qvs4c

Check this whole fight. While Fear of the void was active with no petrify debuffs on doom. He didn't activate his aura. But it's ok if kabam made changes now. I can understand that. But at start it was not the same. I am using void against doom since doom came out.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    In that video, there is a slow debuff on him, which still counts towards his ability.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

In that video, there is a slow debuff on him, which still counts towards his ability.

It funny void do not hav slow but hav evade reduced call agility
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Why would he activate his aura without using his sp1?
  • Nothing_hereNothing_here Posts: 97
    Haji_Saab said:

exe said:

Edeuink said:

Human torch regen thing is completely different so need to debate on that.

https://youtu.be/JVWVD6qvs4c

Check this whole fight. While Fear of the void was active with no petrify debuffs on doom. He didn't activate his aura. But it's ok if kabam made changes now. I can understand that. But at start it was not the same. I am using void against doom since doom came out.

When did he launch sp1? I only saw him launch sp2 which doesn't trigger the aura anyway
    Exactly what I was thinking. Aura is only activated on sp1.
    Sorry my bad. I got my answer. That was different buff on node plus my mastery setup that was prevented few times to activate aura.

It's agiity debuff bro not slow debuff.
    Admin can close the thread.

Thanks