**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Are posts still going through? I've been trying to post a Champion rework for about the past week.
    For my next trick, I'd like to take a swing at Kang the Conquerer! He's the first true Boss in the game's official storyline quests, and he was pretty easy to defeat back when the game came out. We're five years beyond that point, and Kang is now a playable Champion. While it's cool to have a Champion just to say that you've got them, he is not a Champion you get for the prestige (he's currently 114/161). His ability set is very narrow, and everything that he does comes from his Special Attacks. Even his Signature Ability isn't particularly impressive.

So, I present to you a retooled Kang. (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

BASE STATISTICS:
    Hit Points: 15,660
    Attack: 1148
    Crit Rate: 598
    Crit Damage: 703
    Armor: 273
    Block Proficiency: 3556
    Energy Resistance: 0
    Physical Resistance: 0
    Crit Resistance: 0

Signature Ability - 40th Century Upgrades:
    Kang draws upon the mighty technology of his base of operations in the 40th century to fuel his conquests!
    • Kang's Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor is grants an additional 3227.12 Armor Rating.
    • Well-Timed Blocks have a 100% chance to inflict a Slow Debuff on the opponent for 6.0 seconds, reducing the Ability Accuracy of their Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. Opponents with a natural Class Advantage cannot be Slowed. [Max Stacks: 1]

Developer's Note: Kang's armor is supposed to be able to stop a nuclear blast at point blank range. If it can stop that, it can also stop the unstoppable! Agains

ABILITIES:
    • Anger Issues (Passive): Taunt debuffs are 20% more effective against Kang.

Developer's Note: Kang has a quick temper and is easily pushed into a fight. That makes Taunting him more effective, which also increases the duration. This is going to make it harder for him to keep his Power Meter at full strength if you're fighting against him (which will be good for you), but it's also going to diminish the power of your Attacks if you're using him offensively, so watch out!

• Force Field (Passive): Kang's armor has a built in force-field that can withstand even a nuclear strike at point blank range. Kang's force field drops once he takes 100% of his base Health as damage from any sources. While the force-field is active, whenever Kang would take damage from Basic Attacks, the Force Field takes up to 50% of the damage instead. Whenever Kang takes Shock damage (including from Static Shock), the damage is reversed, recharging his Force Field instead by an amount equal to 90% the damage dealt.

Developer's Note: Kang's force field can shield him from 50% of the damage he receives, effectively doubling his lifespan. Against opponents that rely upon Shock damage, like Doctor Doom or Electro, they actually recharge his force field instead of dealing damage to it, or to Kang himself!

• Heavy Attacks: Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, dealing 296.5 direct energy damage over 4.0 seconds.

Developer's Note: Kang's ability to travel through time is central to his power, and that had to be fairly reflected in his power set! This gives him some control over the flow of battle. Watch out for unleashing two back-to-back Specials against him! You might hit him with the first one and then he manages to evade the second, reversing the damage you just dealt to him!

• Hubris - Pre-Fight Ability: Kang stars the Quest with 0 Persistent Charges. Each time Kang defeats an opponent, he gains 1 Persistent Charge. If Kang has at least 1 Persistent Charge(s), he can consume them all to activate this ability before the Fight.

When activated, for the entire fight, all of Kang's Medium hits deal an additional 229.6 Energy Damage for each Persistent Charge consumed.

Developer's Note: The more battles Kang wins, the more powerful he can become! Store up these charges and unleash them upon a tough opponent!

• Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor (Passive): Kang's battle armor is produced from a rare synthetic alloy from the 40th Century and responds to his subconscious thoughts. His armor grants Kang up to 3227.12 Armor Rating based upon stored Power.

Developer's Note: This is half of the value of Kang's old Signature Ability added into the base kit. Virtually all of Kang's "powers" come from his battle armor, so it felt appropriate to grant him at least half of that in the base kit.

• Temporal Divergence (Passive): Whenever Kang successfully evades a Special Attack, activates his time travel abilities and jumps back to a point before took battle damage. This automatically heals him of all damage he took in the last 3.0 seconds.

Developer's Note: Kang's ability to travel through time is central to his power, and that had to be fairly reflected in his power set! This gives him some control over the flow of battle. Watch out for unleashing two back-to-back Specials against him! You might hit him with the first one and then he manages to evade the second, reversing the damage you just dealt to him!

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Concussive Bolt – A concussive blast from the fingertips of Kang's gauntlets leave opponents in a daze.
    • 100% chance to Stun for 2.4 seconds.
    Special 2 - E.M.P. Cannon – Kang's Time-Ship blasts his opponent back to the future from a remote location using an electromagnetic pulse cannon.
    • 100% chance to drain up to 100% of the target's max Power.
    Special 3 - Drone Assault – Kang deploys a swarm of robotic drones from the future to seek and destroy his target.
    • 100% chance to inflict Heal Block, preventing the target from recovering Health for 12.0 seconds.

SYNERGIES:
    • Alternate Enemies: with Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Vision (Age of Ultron), or Captain America (Infinity War): Kang: Kang' Stun debuffs last an additional 2 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Captain America (Infinity War): Gain 10% Attack Rating while fighting Villain Champions. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Armored Overlords: with Doctor Doom: Kang and Doctor Doom: Gain an additional +1000 Block Proficiency. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Thor, Iron Man, Vision, or Captain America (Classic): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Enemies: with Thor, Iron Man, or Captain America (Classic): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Friends: with Black Bolt: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Teammates: with She-Hulk: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Nemesis: with Black Bolt, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, or Mister Fantastic: All Champions gain +6% Attack.
    • Rivals: with Doctor Doom or Ultron (Classic): All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Time Travelers: with Bishop: Bishop: Bishop can stay at full Power for an additional 2 seconds. Kang: Incinerate Debuffs deal 50% less damage to Kang while Kang's Force Field is still active. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Trophy Case: with Thanos, Goldpool, and Wolverine (Weapon X): Goldpool, Thanos, Kang: Start the fight with Fury Buff, granting 50% of your Base Attack for 15 seconds. Wolverine (Weapon X): Start the fight with 5 Rage charges. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS (minus Champions that Kabam has already revised):
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    10. Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    14. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    15. Captain America (Original)
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt
    18. Thor (Jane Foster)

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback. I tried to incorporate a wider array of Kang's canonical powers without overwhelming the build. He's got fewer abilities to activate than Champions like Warlock, believe it or not.

This process isn't possible without additional eyes and thoughts from the community. Please feel free to review and suggest improvements! I am specifically inviting feedback from contributors like @Magrailothos, @Bajan_Samurai, @DrZola, @Whododo872, and @HeroBoltsy, though I welcome feedback from all.

Thanks, and best wishes!
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    The man himself is back! Let's take a look at this...
    Bodhizen said:

Kang draws upon the mighty technology of his base of operations in the 40th century to fuel his conquests!

• Kang's Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor is grants an additional 3227.12 Armor Rating.
    • Well-Timed Blocks have a 100% chance to inflict a Slow Debuff on the opponent for 6.0 seconds, reducing the Ability Accuracy of their Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. Opponents with a natural Class Advantage cannot be Slowed. [Max Stacks: 1]

Developer's Note: Kang's armor is supposed to be able to stop a nuclear blast at point blank range. If it can stop that, it can also stop the unstoppable! Agains

First of all, I assume something got cut off there at the end... unfortunate, but I see the point you're making clearly enough that it shouldn't hurt. Second of all, I see that 1/2 of the current sig is in the base kit and the other 1/2 is here in the revised sig: I like that you're carrying over the abilities, in a little broken up manner so as to better incoroporate fresher ideas, but... is the Armor Rating in the form of an Armor Up Buff, as (I think) it is right now, or is it just passive? I ask since I don't see any mention of an Armor Up, which might be useful from time to time...
    Aside from that, though, I like the incorporation of Slow into Kang's abilities. I honestly don't know much about Kang, but that definitely seems logical to me.
    Bodhizen said:

ABILITIES:

Developer's Note: Kang has a quick temper and is easily pushed into a fight. That makes Taunting him more effective, which also increases the duration. This is going to make it harder for him to keep his Power Meter at full strength if you're fighting against him (which will be good for you), but it's also going to diminish the power of your Attacks if you're using him offensively, so watch out!

This is a nice way to represent a character's rashness and recklessness, ability-wise. I like it, but 20% seems a little small, for the amount of Taunting characters we have right now. I can only think of Stark Spider-Man and Emma Frost as having Taunt, although I could be wrong. Please correct me if so.
    Bodhizen said:

Force Field (Passive): Kang's armor has a built in force-field that can withstand even a nuclear strike at point blank range. Kang's force field drops once he takes 100% of his base Health as damage from any sources. While the force-field is active, whenever Kang would take damage from Basic Attacks, the Force Field takes up to 50% of the damage instead. Whenever Kang takes Shock damage (including from Static Shock), the damage is reversed, recharging his Force Field instead by an amount equal to 90% the damage dealt.

Developer's Note: Kang's force field can shield him from 50% of the damage he receives, effectively doubling his lifespan. Against opponents that rely upon Shock damage, like Doctor Doom or Electro, they actually recharge his force field instead of dealing damage to it, or to Kang himself!

I assume this works similarly to Invisible Woman's Force Field mechanic? I like the incorporation of using Shock damage to recharge the Force Field, that's a nice touch.
    Bodhizen said:

Heavy Attacks: Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, dealing 296.5 direct energy damage over 4.0 seconds.

Hubris - Pre-Fight Ability: Kang stars the Quest with 0 Persistent Charges. Each time Kang defeats an opponent, he gains 1 Persistent Charge. If Kang has at least 1 Persistent Charge(s), he can consume them all to activate this ability before the Fight.

When activated, for the entire fight, all of Kang's Medium hits deal an additional 229.6 Energy Damage for each Persistent Charge consumed.

Developer's Note: The more battles Kang wins, the more powerful he can become! Store up these charges and unleash them upon a tough opponent!

Landing a Heavy is a nice, controllable way to get Shock into the kit, while also allowing you to avoid inflicting it on Kang-Kang or similar matchups. And the Pre-Fight ability is probably going to be Kang's main source of damage, I think... If I have this right, each Persistent Charge is going to give Kang burst damage on his Mediums equivalent to about 77% of his Shock debuffs. That doesn't seem like a lot at first, but if you can build it up, it's going to add up quick. For instance, if there are 10 enemies in a quest before the boss, and you use Kang for every fight before the boss, you'll have 10 Persistent Charges, and therefore you'll be doing 10x229=2290 (which is roughly equivalent to 15% of Kang's max HP) Energy Damage per Medium. Any enemy of a comparable health pool will be down in a few Parries, and it should greatly expedite enemies with higher health pools. That seems perhaps a little unbalanced if there are too many enemies on a path (perhaps a cap at, say, 10 Persistent Charges would be nice?) but given that it's only one fight per quest, it shouldn't be that bad.
    Bodhizen said:

Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor (Passive): Kang's battle armor is produced from a rare synthetic alloy from the 40th Century and responds to his subconscious thoughts. His armor grants Kang up to 3227.12 Armor Rating based upon stored Power.

Developer's Note: This is half of the value of Kang's old Signature Ability added into the base kit. Virtually all of Kang's "powers" come from his battle armor, so it felt appropriate to grant him at least half of that in the base kit.

Temporal Divergence (Passive): Whenever Kang successfully evades a Special Attack, activates his time travel abilities and jumps back to a point before took battle damage. This automatically heals him of all damage he took in the last 3.0 seconds.

I see here the "Passive" denotation for Kang's Armor... no Armor Up Buff confirmed, then?
    Temporal Divergence is a fascinating ability. On the one hand, I love the idea of "rewinding" damage like with Magik's Limbo in a more controllable manner, but... is it just me, or is there no Evade in Kang's kit? Perhaps something like "Whenever Kang successfully uses the Dexterity Mastery against a hit of a Special Attack..." would be clearer, since I don't see Evade in Kang's abilities. The idea is great, though - perhaps you could block the first few hits of, say, Doctor Strange's SP2, and then evade the final hit, which would trigger Temporal Divergence and heal back all of the block damage you took? That would be very, very nice for sustainability. Great ability, just a little clarification would be nice.
    Bodhizen said:

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Concussive Bolt – A concussive blast from the fingertips of Kang's gauntlets leave opponents in a daze.

Special 2 - E.M.P. Cannon – Kang's Time-Ship blasts his opponent back to the future from a remote location using an electromagnetic pulse cannon.
    Special 3 - Drone Assault – Kang deploys a swarm of robotic drones from the future to seek and destroy his target.
    • 100% chance to inflict Heal Block, preventing the target from recovering Health for 12.0 seconds.
    These seem the same as Kang's current Specials, although they're alright as-is because of the overhaul to the rest of the kit. Perhaps the Special One could trigger Temporal Divergence, given that it's still a pretty basic Special Attack? Just a thought.
    Bodhizen said:

SYNERGIES:

• Alternate Enemies: with Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Vision (Age of Ultron), or Captain America (Infinity War): Kang: Kang' Stun debuffs last an additional 2 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Captain America (Infinity War): Gain 10% Attack Rating while fighting Villain Champions. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Armored Overlords: with Doctor Doom: Kang and Doctor Doom: Gain an additional +1000 Block Proficiency. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Thor, Iron Man, Vision, or Captain America (Classic): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Enemies: with Thor, Iron Man, or Captain America (Classic): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Nemesis: with Black Bolt, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, or Mister Fantastic: All Champions gain +6% Attack.
    • Rivals: with Doctor Doom or Ultron (Classic): All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Time Travelers: with Bishop: Bishop: Bishop can stay at full Power for an additional 2 seconds. Kang: Incinerate Debuffs deal 50% less damage to Kang while Kang's Force Field is still active. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Trophy Case: with Thanos, Goldpool, and Wolverine (Weapon X): Goldpool, Thanos, Kang: Start the fight with Fury Buff, granting 50% of your Base Attack for 15 seconds. Wolverine (Weapon X): Start the fight with 5 Rage charges. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    Generally nice synergies, some broadly useful (Claire Voyant+Kang+Dead Nick Fury = +40% Attack against Villains?! Nice.), and some a little more niche (liking the love for Bishop over there). Nothing strictly necessary, but all certainly nice to have. Good synergies overall, I think.

As for this rework of Kang as a whole, I certainly like it. It's a little on the simpler side, in my opinion, to some of our recent champions, but there is a certain beauty in that simplicity. I like the idea of massive burst damage, but once a quest... something that just occurred to me, though, is that it might be more work than it's worth if Kang doesn't hit hard enough in the fights building up to a boss. Maybe a mechanic where you could choose how many PC's to spend in addition to a PC cap would be nice, but I'm not overly familiar with whether these damage numbers are considered "good" or "bad" in the first place, so maybe it's fine. Temporal Divergence is great, and the recharge of the Force Field and Taunt Vulnerabilities are simple but well thought out representations of the character and his technologies. Very nicely done, as always, @Bodhizen ! Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    Really fun rework, @Bodhizen.

Largely I'm with @HeroBoltsy on his feedback. I'm less worried about the prefight ability being over-powerful, if you consider how Aegon, Cull Obsidian or Morningstar can ramp to before reaching the boss. It could cap at six charges, if necessary.

I like the Taunt vulnerability - perhaps it should punish the opponent though; like when you Taunt Annihilus?

Rewind is a very powerful ability - I like it, but given how skilled many players are at dodging attacks, maybe there should be a cooldown period? Or they'll never take any damage from specials! Or alternately, Kang would be an ideal candidate for a phase mechanic like Ghost; but would probably have to sacrifice something like his force field for it, to avoid being imbalanced.

What did you think of the new Storm, @Bodhizen? I see some concepts of yours reflected in her power set and different 'modes'.
    So here's the dumb thing about these forums... I responded to HeroBoltsy yesterday, and I'm betting that this one is going to post before my response to HeroBoltsy does.

Really fun rework, @Bodhizen.

Largely I'm with @HeroBoltsy on his feedback. I'm less worried about the prefight ability being over-powerful, if you consider how Aegon, Cull Obsidian or Morningstar can ramp to before reaching the boss. It could cap at six charges, if necessary.

I like the Taunt vulnerability - perhaps it should punish the opponent though; like when you Taunt Annihilus?

Rewind is a very powerful ability - I like it, but given how skilled many players are at dodging attacks, maybe there should be a cooldown period? Or they'll never take any damage from specials! Or alternately, Kang would be an ideal candidate for a phase mechanic like Ghost; but would probably have to sacrifice something like his force field for it, to avoid being imbalanced.

First off, thank you very much for the feedback! I was definitely planning to cap the Pre-Fight Ability. I'm not quite sure where you're going on the Taunt punishment, though. Can you explain further, @Magrailothos?

I'm not sure I agree with you on the Temporal Divergence ability, though, since it only works when you successfully "evade" a Special Attack. If your opponent doesn't throw any, you can't evade any, and if your opponent saves up for SP3 (which you cannot evade), then Kang would not get to use it at all.

As for the phase mechanic, do you feel that might make Kang too similar to Invisible Woman if that were added into the kit?

Once again, thanks so much for the feedback! I'm definitely going to polish Kang up!

What did you think of the new Storm, @Bodhizen? I see some concepts of yours reflected in her power set and different 'modes'.

I haven't played her yet, but I really think that she's a lot closer to what the original Storm should be in terms of her power kit. It was just nifty to see some similarities there. :)

Thanks, gents, and best wishes!
    Okay. Revision of the Kang rework has been posted. Now we just have to wait for the post to be approved. :smile:
    I present to you a polished Kang. (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

BASE STATISTICS:

• Kang's Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor is grants an additional 3227.12 Armor Rating to his Passive Armor Up Buff.

Developer's Note: Kang's armor is supposed to be able to stop a nuclear blast at point blank range. If it can stop that, it can also stop the unstoppable!

ABILITIES:

• Force Field (Passive): Kang's armor has a built in force-field that can withstand even a nuclear strike at point blank range. Kang's force field drops once he takes 100% of his base Health as damage from any sources. While the force-field is active, whenever Kang would take damage from Basic Attacks, the Force Field takes up to 50% of the damage instead. Whenever Kang takes Shock damage (including from Static Shock), the damage is reversed, recharging his Force Field instead by an amount equal to 90% the damage dealt.

• Heavy Attacks: Landing a Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, dealing 296.5 direct energy damage over 4.0 seconds.
    • Hubris - Pre-Fight Ability: Kang stars the Quest with 0 Persistent Charges. Each time Kang defeats an opponent, he gains 1 Persistent Charge, up to a maximum of 6. If Kang has at least 1 Persistent Charge(s), he can consume them all to activate this ability before the Fight.

• Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor (Passive): Kang's battle armor is produced from a rare synthetic alloy from the 40th Century and responds to his subconscious thoughts. His armor grants Kang a Passive Armor Up Buff that increases his Armor Rating by 3227.12 based upon stored Power.

Developer's Note: This is half of the value of Kang's old Signature Ability added into the base kit. Virtually all of Kang's "powers" come from his battle armor, so it felt appropriate to grant him at least half of that in the base kit. As this is a Passive Armor Up Buff, it cannot be stolen, broken or shattered.

• Temporal Divergence (Passive): Whenever Kang successfully uses the Dexterity Mastery against (or evades) the first hit of a Special Attack, he activates his time travel abilities and jumps back to a point before took battle damage. This automatically heals him of all damage he took in the last 3.0 seconds. This ability cannot be Heal Blocked or reversed.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

SYNERGIES:
    • Alternate Enemies: with Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Vision (Age of Ultron), or Captain America (Infinity War): Kang: Kang's Stun debuffs last an additional 2 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok), Iron Man (Infinity War), Captain America (Infinity War): Gain 10% Attack Rating while fighting Villain Champions. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Time Travelers: with Bishop: Bishop: Bishop can stay at full Power for an additional 2 seconds before his Power Overload triggers. Kang: Incinerate Debuffs deal 50% less damage to Kang while Kang's Force Field is still active. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt
    18. Thor (Jane Foster)

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback. This process isn't possible without additional eyes and thoughts from the community. Thank you to both @HeroBoltsy and @Magrailothos for their feedback!

Thanks, and best wishes!
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Bodhizen said:

So here's the dumb thing about these forums... I responded to HeroBoltsy yesterday, and I'm betting that this one is going to post before my response to HeroBoltsy does.

About that... :smile: I haven't seen your response, amazingly. Your bet turned out to be right after all, so take that however you will. Revised kit looks great, though, and the clarification makes it much clearer. No further comment, really - it's essentially the same, but clearer. Cap on PC's is nice and could perhaps incentivize spending them before a final boss, for instance, but the kit definitely looks great overall. Any hints as to who you're going to rework next?

Bodhizen said:

About that... :smile: I haven't seen your response, amazingly. Your bet turned out to be right after all, so take that however you will. Revised kit looks great, though, and the clarification makes it much clearer. No further comment, really - it's essentially the same, but clearer. Cap on PC's is nice and could perhaps incentivize spending them before a final boss, for instance, but the kit definitely looks great overall. Any hints as to who you're going to rework next?

I'm not really sure. I felt that Kang needed a rework pretty badly. I didn't go with all of the suggestions, and you'll see some of what I did go with when my reply to you goes up (if it goes up). I felt that anything that I might add in to Special 1 would be too powerful, and that granting the Anger Issues weakness any sort of benefit would either add in another power to the kit that I didn't really want to add in, or that it would turn this weakness into an inherent strength instead.

For example, I was originally going to leave the Neuro-Kinetic Battle Armor alone. The wording from Kang's original hadn't been changed (to designate it as a Passive buff or an Armor Up buff, and I thought that was clear enough that it wasn't a buff of any kind - it was just additional armor rating), and I was going to leave it alone so that it would not provide any benefit when fighting against Champions like Havok (since Armor Up buffs negate Plasma Detonation), but then I realized... He's a Tech Champ. Havok is a Mutant. It would definitely be appropriate to have as an Armor Up buff (that could not be stolen, broken, shattered, etc... just like Dr. Doom's Armor).

As for your original question... Is there someone (other than Howard the Duck, because I'm still trying to figure out what I'd do with him) that you'd like to see reworked? I'd really like to target the "worst" Champions (meme tier), but if there's someone you really want to see, I'm open to the challenge.

Best wishes!
    Oh ho! Another rework coming, once the post is approved!
    My next Champion rework targets a Champion who has been in the meme tier since he first debuted in the game. His damage is weak, as are his other benefits from his Gambler’s Ruin ability. He had the potential to be really cool, but he’s always been the weakest of the Hulk-type Champions, and that’s even before She-Hulk got a rework. It’s a crying shame that he’s even in the game in this form. Therefore...

I present to you a first draft rework of Joe Fixit! (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

BASE STATISTICS:
    Hit Points: 16,876
    Attack: 1171
    Crit Rate: 326
    Crit Damage: 500
    Armor: 353
    Block Proficiency: 2546

Signature Ability - Double Down:
    Mr. Fixit knows how to play the tables and swing the odds in his favor.
    • Each time he rolls on Gambler’s Ruin, he has a(n) 84.95% chance to Double Down and gain a second poker suit for 15.0 seconds.
    • Once per fight, when Joe Fixit falls below 15% of his Max Health, all four poker suits become active for 9.5 seconds.

Developer's Note: Not much has changed about Joe Fixit’s Signature Ability, except that he gets the benefits of all of the poker suits when he’s almost down for the count. This gives him one last chance to turn the tables and crush his opponent.

ABILITIES:
    Blackjack Table (Passive): Joe Fixit has two card-counters active at the start of the fight, both showing zero.
    • HIT!: This counter tracks how many hits on Joe Fixit’s Combo Meter, advancing by one for each hit on the Combo meter up to 10. At 11 hits, and each successive hit, it will advance in the following order: Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Upon the 14th hit, the counter will hold on Ace for 12.0 seconds, at which time, the counter will reset back to 2 and advance again in similar fashion.
    • HIT ME!: This counter tracks how many times Joe Fixit has been hit during the fight, advancing by one for each hit on the Combo meter up to 10. At 11 hits, and each successive hit, it will advance in the following order: Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Upon the 14th hit, the counter will hold on Ace for 12.0 seconds, at which time, the counter will reset back to 2 and advance again in similar fashion.
    • For each number showing on the HIT! Counter, Joe Fixit’s Block Penetration is increased by +50. While a Jack is showing, Joe’s next hit is Unblockable. While a Queen is showing, Joe’s next successful hit is a guaranteed Critical Hit. While a King is showing, Joe’s next hit inflicts a Heal Block debuff that lasts for 8.0 seconds. While an Ace is showing, Joe Fixit gains a Passive True Strike Buff.
    • For each number showing on the HIT ME! Counter, Joe Fixit gains +35.3 Physical Resistance. While a Jack is showing, Joe’s Auto-Blocks the next hit, which does not trigger Parry. While a Queen is showing, a successful hit on Joe inflicts a Power Lock Debuff on his opponent that lasts for 4.0 seconds. While a King is showing, a successful hit on Joe inflicts a Stagger Debuff on his opponent that lasts for 6.5 seconds. While an Ace is showing, Joe has a 100% chance to Purify any Debuff on him.
    • Blackjack!: If a 10, Jack, Queen, or King is showing on either counter, and an Ace is showing on the other, Joe Fixit may dodge back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to activate Blackjack! for 12.0 seconds. Both card counters reset to 0. While under the effect of Blackjack!, Joe Fixit’s Special Attacks are Unblockable, and all Basic Attacks have a 100% chance to glance. Glancing Hits cannot be Critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Developer's Note: Joe Fixit needed some additional features to round him out as a Champion, and the use of the card suits naturally came to a game of Blackjack. While this means that some of his abilities are in flux, as a new “hand” gets dealt every now and again, Joe Fixit can become a pretty monstrous opponent when the cards finally come up as Blackjack!

Gambler’s Ruin (Passive): At the beginning of the fight, and whenever he lands a Heavy Attack, Joe gains a random poker suit and lets loose with different aspects of the gamma irradiated gangster he is.
    • Clubs: Joe isn’t some dumb brute, and he’s smart enough to take advantage of anyone who thinks he is, granting 40.82 Critical Rating for each hit of his combo meter. Additionally, his opponent’s Block Proficiency is reduced by 10%. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit gains a Passive Combo Shield.
    • Diamonds: He may not be as big as the Hulk, but you still won’t like him when he’s angry. Joe gains +10 Attack Rating for each 1% of his max Health he has lost during the fight (including Health that has been recovered), to a maximum of +1000 Attack Rating. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit gains a Passive Fury Buff, increasing his Attack Rating by 8%.
    • Hearts: Joe triggers his accelerated healing ability, granting 118.2 health recovery every second. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit cannot be Heal Blocked.
    • Spades: Mr. Fixit is morally ambiguous at best and knows how to make his punches count. Each attack has a 15% chance to give the opponent a Concussion, reducing their Ability Accuracy by 90% for 5.0 seconds. While Blackjack! is active, opponents with a Concussion gain 10% less Power from all sources.

Developer's Note: The original Gambler’s Ruin ability was a really neat idea, but it wasn’t very strong, and it was what Joe Fixit was essentially built around. So, it’s been beefed up a bit to provide a bit more “oomph” to the ability set that Joe Fixit can call upon. This ability is further enhanced when Joe Fixit activates Blackjack!

Gamma-Irradiated Metabolism (Passive): Joe Fixit does not take damage from Poison effects. Whenever Joe Fixit has a Poison effect active on him, he gains a Passive Cruelty buff for the duration of the Poison, increasing his Critical Damage rating by 583.

Developer's Note: The way this ability has been worded still grants Joe Fixit “Poison immunity”, but instead of Poison failing to trigger, Joe can gain health by having an active Poison effect upon him if he has the Willpower Mastery, and he also gains a Cruelty buff as a retaliation to some fool’s attempt to poison him!

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Place Your Bets – First Mr. Fixit introduces you to his forehead, then he introduces you to one of his Chicago Typewriters. What a nice fellow.
    • 60% chance per hit to inflict Bleed, dealing 585.5 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds.

Developer's Note: The chance to trigger Bleed has been changed to it triggering per hit (there are 5 hits with the Tommy Gun), and the amount that each Bleed inflicts has been increased! Instead of dealing 421.26 total Bleed damage, it has been increased to a potential 2927.5. Huge difference!

Special 2 - Shorten the Odds – With a stomp of his foot and a slap of his hands, Mr. Fixit sends two boulders slamming into his opponent’s head at high speed.
    • 100% chance to Stun for 3.4 seconds.
    Special 3 - The House Always Wins – Joe Fixit lets loose a massive barrage from his twin Tommy Guns, then beats his opponent to a messy pulp with them. Never bet against the house.
    • 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3103.15 Direct Damage over 3.0 seconds.
    • If Blackjack! is active when Special 3 is triggered, the Bleed damage from this attack is doubled.

Developer's Note: The Bleed damage hasn’t changed… Except for when Blackjack! is active. Blackjack! will give you a much needed boost to this attack!

SYNERGIES:
    • Absolute Carnage: with Caranage, or Red Hulk: Joe Fixit: Opponents that are Stunned also suffer from an Armor Break Debuff that reduces Armor Rating by 12% for the duration of the Stun. Carnage: Whenever a Bleed effect on your opponent expires, it has a 5% chance to reapply itself. Red Hulk: Well-Timed Blocks consume 1 Heat Charge to emit a Heat Wave, dealing 10% of Red Hulk’s Attack Rating per second to nearby opponents for 5.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Competition: with Kingpin, or The Hood: Kingpin: +15% Rage conversion chance. The Hood: +20% Invisibility Duration. Joe Fixit: +15% Attack while the opponent has a Debuff.
    • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Crime Bosses: with The Hood: All Villain Champions gain +110 Armor Rating and Critical Rating. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Moon Knight, or Ms. Marvel: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Friends: with Wolverine: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Gamma Horde: with Sorcerer Supreme: Synergy Members: Stun Debuffs inflicted on the Opponent last 25% longer. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Nemesis: with Hulk: All Champions gain +6% Attack.
    • Rivals: with Yellowjacket: All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates: with Thor (Jane Foster), or Venom: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt
    18. Thor (Jane Foster)
    19. Kang

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback. This rebuild is an attempt to boost Joe Fixit’s value as an attacker. He was pretty weak before, but I think that with this kit, he could really see some increased action outside the Arena!

This process isn't possible without additional eyes and thoughts from the community. Please feel free to review and suggest improvements! I am specifically inviting feedback from contributors like @Magrailothos, @Bajan_Samurai, @DrZola, @Whododo872, and @HeroBoltsy, though I welcome feedback from all.

Thanks, and best wishes!
    It's hard to be completely balanced when you've made your own version, but I'll try!
    Bodhizen said:

• Each time he rolls on Gambler’s Ruin, he has a(n) 84.95% chance to Double Down and gain a second poker suit for 15.0 seconds.
    • Once per fight, when Joe Fixit falls below 15% of his Max Health, all four poker suits become active for 9.5 seconds.

Developer's Note: Not much has changed about Joe Fixit’s Signature Ability, except that he gets the benefits of all of the poker suits when he’s almost down for the count. This gives him one last chance to turn the tables and crush his opponent.

Actually this tweak is brilliant. Why didn't I think of it? Heck, they could give him this ability as a synergy! I'd set the 15% boost at fifteen seconds for Max Sig, but otherwise
    Bodhizen said:

ABILITIES:
    Blackjack Table (Passive): Joe Fixit has two card-counters active at the start of the fight, both showing zero.
    • HIT!: This counter tracks how many hits on Joe Fixit’s Combo Meter, advancing by one for each hit on the Combo meter up to 10. At 11 hits, and each successive hit, it will advance in the following order: Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Upon the 14th hit, the counter will hold on Ace for 12.0 seconds, at which time, the counter will reset back to 2 and advance again in similar fashion.
    • HIT ME!: This counter tracks how many times Joe Fixit has been hit during the fight, advancing by one for each hit on the Combo meter up to 10. At 11 hits, and each successive hit, it will advance in the following order: Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Upon the 14th hit, the counter will hold on Ace for 12.0 seconds, at which time, the counter will reset back to 2 and advance again in similar fashion.
    • For each number showing on the HIT! Counter, Joe Fixit’s Block Penetration is increased by +50. While a Jack is showing, Joe’s next hit is Unblockable. While a Queen is showing, Joe’s next successful hit is a guaranteed Critical Hit. While a King is showing, Joe’s next hit inflicts a Heal Block debuff that lasts for 8.0 seconds. While an Ace is showing, Joe Fixit gains a Passive True Strike Buff.
    • For each number showing on the HIT ME! Counter, Joe Fixit gains +35.3 Physical Resistance. While a Jack is showing, Joe’s Auto-Blocks the next hit, which does not trigger Parry. While a Queen is showing, a successful hit on Joe inflicts a Power Lock Debuff on his opponent that lasts for 4.0 seconds. While a King is showing, a successful hit on Joe inflicts a Stagger Debuff on his opponent that lasts for 6.5 seconds. While an Ace is showing, Joe has a 100% chance to Purify any Debuff on him.
    • Blackjack!: If a 10, Jack, Queen, or King is showing on either counter, and an Ace is showing on the other, Joe Fixit may dodge back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to activate Blackjack! for 12.0 seconds. Both card counters reset to 0. While under the effect of Blackjack!, Joe Fixit’s Special Attacks are Unblockable, and all Basic Attacks have a 100% chance to glance. Glancing Hits cannot be Critical, deal 50% reduced damage, and suffer -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Developer's Note: Joe Fixit needed some additional features to round him out as a Champion, and the use of the card suits naturally came to a game of Blackjack. While this means that some of his abilities are in flux, as a new “hand” gets dealt every now and again, Joe Fixit can become a pretty monstrous opponent when the cards finally come up as Blackjack!

Really fun. So he's effectively (briefly) debuff immune with an Ace on Hit Me?

Not sure if Hit Me is registering all hits (even if blocked) or only when he's actually struck? The former would be much more useful when you're playing with him; plus as a defender, you could push him past the Ace if you wanted.

I like the Blackjack ability, all round. Maybe not 100% Glancing, though. Glancing is a really powerful defense - I'd top it at maybe 66%.
    Bodhizen said:

Gambler’s Ruin (Passive): At the beginning of the fight, and whenever he lands a Heavy Attack, Joe gains a random poker suit and lets loose with different aspects of the gamma irradiated gangster he is.

• Clubs: Joe isn’t some dumb brute, and he’s smart enough to take advantage of anyone who thinks he is, granting 40.82 Critical Rating for each hit of his combo meter. Additionally, his opponent’s Block Proficiency is reduced by 10%. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit gains a Passive Combo Shield.
    • Diamonds: He may not be as big as the Hulk, but you still won’t like him when he’s angry. Joe gains +10 Attack Rating for each 1% of his max Health he has lost during the fight (including Health that has been recovered), to a maximum of +1000 Attack Rating. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit gains a Passive Fury Buff, increasing his Attack Rating by 8%.
    • Hearts: Joe triggers his accelerated healing ability, granting 118.2 health recovery every second. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit cannot be Heal Blocked.
    • Spades: Mr. Fixit is morally ambiguous at best and knows how to make his punches count. Each attack has a 15% chance to give the opponent a Concussion, reducing their Ability Accuracy by 90% for 5.0 seconds. While Blackjack! is active, opponents with a Concussion gain 10% less Power from all sources.

Developer's Note: The original Gambler’s Ruin ability was a really neat idea, but it wasn’t very strong, and it was what Joe Fixit was essentially built around. So, it’s been beefed up a bit to provide a bit more “oomph” to the ability set that Joe Fixit can call upon. This ability is further enhanced when Joe Fixit activates Blackjack!

Generally good, except for Diamonds which relies on you losing Health to achieve anything. And it doesn't even benefit you at all if you're beaten up in a previous fight.

If you want to borrow just one idea from my rework (here), I suggested that this Attack bonus built up over time rather than with Health lost. So the Attack bonus builds up from whenever Diamonds is activated - more useful if it's your main suit; a bit less so with Gamblers Ruin.

Also, that Passive 8% Fury? Make it at least 15%, plus I'd make it a buff for the occasional opponent with Caustic Temper. Youu can easily avoid triggering it if you're going to be punished for buffs.
    Bodhizen said:

Gamma-Irradiated Metabolism (Passive): Joe Fixit does not take damage from Poison effects. Whenever Joe Fixit has a Poison effect active on him, he gains a Passive Cruelty buff for the duration of the Poison, increasing his Critical Damage rating by 583.

Developer's Note: The way this ability has been worded still grants Joe Fixit “Poison immunity”, but instead of Poison failing to trigger, Joe can gain health by having an active Poison effect upon him if he has the Willpower Mastery, and he also gains a Cruelty buff as a retaliation to some fool’s attempt to poison him!

Nice tweak.
    Bodhizen said:

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    SP1 - actually Joe already has the chance to inflict 5 Bleed debuffs. It's one of the few good things about him.

SP3 - nice increase with Blackjack, without being disproportionate.
    Bodhizen said:

SYNERGIES:

• Absolute Carnage: with Caranage, or Red Hulk: Joe Fixit: Opponents that are Stunned also suffer from an Armor Break Debuff that reduces Armor Rating by 12% for the duration of the Stun. Carnage: Whenever a Bleed effect on your opponent expires, it has a 5% chance to reapply itself. Red Hulk: Well-Timed Blocks consume 1 Heat Charge to emit a Heat Wave, dealing 10% of Red Hulk’s Attack Rating per second to nearby opponents for 5.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    This is the only new synergy; pretty fun and I like it.

Really interesting take on how to work some of the Gambling/playing cards motifs into his power set. Some ideas I wish I'd thought of!

Do let me know what you think of my version (here) some time!

It's hard to be completely balanced when you've made your own version, but I'll try!

Thank you, good sir.

Actually this tweak is brilliant. Why didn't I think of it? Heck, they could give him this ability as a synergy! I'd set the 15% boost at fifteen seconds for Max Sig, but otherwise

You're absolutely right that it should have a timer on it... But maybe not for the reason that I think you considered it. The reason that I think you considered it is that I imagine that you thought it might be too powerful to leave on the entire time he's at less than 15% Health. However, with the Hearts suit, he could pop back up above 15% Health pretty quickly, and then it would turn off and he'd lose it for the remainder of the fight. You could basically tag him on a blocked hit, and it would activate and shut off really quickly. So... Thank you for the suggestion!

Really fun. So he's effectively (briefly) debuff immune with an Ace on Hit Me?

Not sure if Hit Me is registering all hits (even if blocked) or only when he's actually struck? The former would be much more useful when you're playing with him; plus as a defender, you could push him past the Ace if you wanted.

I like the Blackjack ability, all round. Maybe not 100% Glancing, though. Glancing is a really powerful defense - I'd top it at maybe 66%.

Yes, he is effectively Debuff immune with an Ace on Hit Me!, and that was intentional, but also keeping in mind that matchups against Havok and Omega Red will make this ability less attractive, which is why it was written as a Purify instead of shrugging it off like Tenacity does.

Hit Me! only registers successful hits. Blocked hits would be registered only if an ability specifically states that it registers blocked hits as hits. But, I can write it to clarify. Basically, I don't want opponents to push Joe Fixit into the Ace, because the Ace lasts for a specified amount of time, not a specified amount of hits. You only get credit for a solid strike, not a blocked one.

With regard to the Glancing, it only affects Basic Attacks and lasts for 12 seconds before you have to work back up into it. Triggering Blackjack! requires a bit of good timing on your part. You can't trigger it when two Aces are up, so you have it trigger it when one Ace is up and the other is within a 4-hit window (10, J, Q, or K). That means you either have to take a bunch of solid hits to be on an Ace in Hit Me! while you smack your opponent around (and potentially interrupt a Combo) to trigger Ace in Hit!, or vice versa. It's a bit tricky to activate, so the 100% chance was something I thought was a fair trade off. You'd have to be really skilled and have great timing to trigger Blackjack! more than once in a while.

Does that change your thoughts on the matter?

Generally good, except for Diamonds which relies on you losing Health to achieve anything. And it doesn't even benefit you at all if you're beaten up in a previous fight.

If you want to borrow just one idea from my rework (here), I suggested that this Attack bonus built up over time rather than with Health lost. So the Attack bonus builds up from whenever Diamonds is activated - more useful if it's your main suit; a bit less so with Gamblers Ruin.

Also, that Passive 8% Fury? Make it at least 15%, plus I'd make it a buff for the occasional opponent with Caustic Temper. Youu can easily avoid triggering it if you're going to be punished for buffs.

So, here's where the thought process was for Diamonds... You could easily trigger Hearts to regain Health. Diamonds is going to reward you for having taken damage in the fight. Getting beat down in an easier fight just to (potentially) start a fight with a high Diamonds rating would be a neat hack, but it would also come across as cheating/cheese. If you want a stronger Attack Rating (and bear in mind, these are stats for a 4-star Rank 5 Champion), you're going to have to work for it in that fight, not in build-up fights. There's no intention for Joe Fixit to ramp up his Attack rating to be nearly the equal of a 5-star Rank 5 Champion in successive fights (and those variable ratings means that he can be readjusted to be stronger as a 5-star!).

So... Take some damage, rely on Heavy Attacks to trigger Gambler's Ruin to trigger Hearts (if it's not already active at the start of the fight), regenerate some of that back, then rely on Heavy Attacks to get to Diamonds... (Unless you manage to have both Hearts and Diamonds up for 15 seconds with Double Down). You can ramp up your damage with a bit of luck and skill combined.

As for that Passive Fury... Joe Fixit can attain an Attack Rating of 1171 before any other modifiers. Then you get to add in potentially +1000 Attack Rating for a total of 2171 (as a 4-star, Rank 5 Champion). Granted, it would take a pretty long fight (or a pretty gutted Joe Fixit) to pull that off. Now add in an additional 8% for an Attack Rating of 2344.68. That's almost as good as a lot of 5-star 5/65 Champions. Granted, Joe Fixit cannot sustain that (nor should he), but a 15% Fury would push his Attack Rating potentially up to 2496.65, which is actually better than some 5-star 5/65 Champions. I thought I was pushing it as-is with the 8% Fury. Sure, it's only for the duration of the Blackjack!, but still...

Do you still feel the same way after looking at it like that?

Nice tweak.

Thank you! I like making this more interesting and effective than just straight-up Immunities (which are nice, in and of themselves, but kind of boring).

SP1 - actually Joe already has the chance to inflict 5 Bleed debuffs. It's one of the few good things about him.

SP3 - nice increase with Blackjack, without being disproportionate.

Yes, this is true that Special 1 could already inflict 5 Bleeds, but all 5 Bleeds only inflicted 421.56 damage in total over 4.0 seconds. This specifically specifies that each hit can trigger a Bleed that deals 585.5 damage per Bleed. That's far more damage, which Joe really needs.

Thanks for the praise on Special 3. In my mind, the pummeling is going to do way more damage before the Bleed is inflicted as well, but there's not a really good way to spell that out.

This is the only new synergy; pretty fun and I like it.

Thank you! I always check to see which characters that the Champions encounter, in canon, to form Synergies. I know I only added the one, but I was hoping that people would think it would be fun!

Really interesting take on how to work some of the Gambling/playing cards motifs into his power set. Some ideas I wish I'd thought of!

Do let me know what you think of my version (here) some time!

I'm going to do a review of it right now. :)

I look forward to discussing this rework with you further, @Magrailothos, before publishing a polished version!
    edited April 2020
    Fair enough on the glancing, @Bodhizen. I'd forgotten it didn't apply to Specials (which Ant Man does)

As for Diamonds, I still think an Attack boost that relies on you being beaten up isn't a valuable ability. It should be triggered on something else that drives his rage; whether it's combo meter, critical hits inflicted, or just plain time spent fighting (Gamora and Thor have time-related Fury benefits).

That 8% Fury of yours will be converted to a flat value; so it won't multiply the Diamonds boost as well. These things always add, not multiply. But even if it were, it's still not excessive even if my suggestion brought him up to 2500 Attack.

Joe isn't supposed to out-brawl Green Hulk, but let's look at his numbers: Green Hulk starts with 1227 Attack at 5/50, and his Sig grants up to +2400 based on lost health. That's (sustainably) a total of 3627 Attack.
    Then add in his Attack Fury (+490) and a dose of Hulk Smash (+1350); and he can reach an Attack rating of 5467 for short periods...

Or consider a more recent (admittedly glass cannon) champion, Stealth Spidey, at 5/50:
    Base attack 1294
    Passive Fury 1941 (up to 2523 if Awakened)
    Total Attack (very easy to sustain) 3235 (up to 3817 if Awakened)
    That's with a Critical Rating very easy to sustain at over 8000!

Given that (aside from brief periods if Awakened) Joe can only do either a high critical rating or a high Attack rating, I don't think you have to worry about Joe's Fury boost (8%, 15% or more) being imbalanced!
    As requested, I'm going to give your Joe Fixit a review, @Magrailothos! Thank you for reviewing mine!

Passive - Gamma Resilience: Joe is immune to poison; and reduces the duration of Weakness, Exhaustion and Fatigue debuffs by 50%.

The poison immunity is standard, but I don't care for the reduced duration of Weakness, Exhaustion, and Fatigue Debuffs. They nerf the efficacy of an already nerfed Willpower Mastery. As a recommendation, I would reduce the potency of Weakness, Exhaustion, and Fatigue Debuffs instead, allowing for Willpower to retain its full effect while still weakening the other Debuffs.

Gambler's Ruin:
    At the beginning of the fight, and whenever he lands a Heavy attack, Joe gains a Poker suit, and lets loose a different aspect of the gamma-powered gangster he is. The odds of each suit are equal, except when fighting Skill champions; when cunning Joe stacks the deck, and the chance of drawing Diamonds is reduced by half.

• Hearts: Joe digs down deep to activate his Gamma-powered regeneration; passively healing for 3038 health per minute. He still loves to inflict pain though; and adrenaline surges boost his regeneration by 50% for 3 seconds when he inflicts a critical hit.
    • Diamonds: Joe gets defensive, using careful jabs and blows to weaken his opponent. Each successful attack has a 14% chance to Weaken or Enervate his opponent, reducing their attack or their defensive power gain by 12%. On critical hits, the chance to inflict one of these debuffs increases by 50%.
    • Clubs: Joe may not be as big as the Green Hulk, but he's still got plenty of Gamma-fuelled Rage to punish his opponents. Every second that Clubs is active, his Attack rises by 8.4, to a maximum bonus of 840. Against XL opponents, Joe gains these benefits 50% faster.
    • Spades: Joe focuses his rage to icy cold, gaining +32 critical rating per hit on his combo meter. Against XL opponents, Joe gains +44 critical rating instead.
    I've switched Joe's benefits around to make Red suits essentially defensive and Black suits mostly offensive; which will tie into subsequent changes to his Special attacks. I think it's fairly well-recognised that his old Fatigue debuff was fairly useless for skilled players; whereas a partial Enervate effect should be a lot more useful. I also thought it might be interesting to give him a bit of a boost against the biggest opponents.
    While I like the idea that Joe Fixit can stack the deck (and I did think about doing something similar in my Joe Fixit rebuild, but ultimately didn't go that route), instead of reducing the chance of triggering a suit you don't think will be that helpful, I'd encourage you to make a suit really cool to use. Weakness and Enervation aren't specifically good or bad to use against Skill Champions (they're actually pretty mild Debuffs, all things considered). I get that you wanted to give him a weakness against Skill Champions, but I don't think this is the route to go unless the Debuffs you're inflicting are really powerful to begin with.

Hearts: 3038 Health per minute works out to be 50.63 Health per second (or 0.2% of his Max Health per second). That's a really weak regeneration rate, and it's only going to statistically trigger 25% of the time. Sure, it gets a boost to 75.95 Health per second for 3.0 seconds whenever you score a Critical Hit, but that's only going to give you an additional 75.96 more health (total) over what you were getting before you scored the Critical Hit. I'm not overwhelmed by this benefit. As a recommendation, I'd beef up this regeneration rate.

Diamonds: As I mentioned, a Debuff that you have a 14% chance to trigger, in order to reduce their traits by 12% (or a 21% chance to trigger them on a Critical Hit) is not something I'm excited about. If you're going to have that low of a chance to trigger Debuffs, they should be really good non-damaging Debuffs, or hearty damaging Debuffs.

Clubs: This is a really nice one here. A minute and forty into this suit and you're at 2042 Attack Rating. This is a suit that you could be happy with pretty much all the time, and you don't want to change it unless you need the regeneration to survive (though in this rebuild, I'm not sure I'd want to chance landing on Hearts anyway because the regeneration isn't that great).

Spades: A maxed out 4/50 Joe Fixit's Critical Rating is 326. Getting 10% of his Critical Rating per hit on his Combo Meter (more, if they're XL Champs) can make him a beast in long fights. Let's say, for example, that he manages to get 100 hits on his Combo Meter. That gives him a total Critical Rating of 3,526 against non-XL Champions and a total Critical Rating of 4,726 against XL Champions, at 100 hits on the Combo Meter. Scarlet Witch's Critical Rating on Special 2 is 3147.44. But, there's no cap on Joe Fixit's Critical Rating when Spades is up. I think this one is a bit overclocked and I'd set a cap on it (probably at 50 hits, if I'm being honest). It could be severely unbalancing if Joe Fixit could throw down damage on each Critical Hit like Scarlet Witch can on Special 2.

Debuffs: Any given Debuff stacks a maximum of four times. Identical debuffs gained from other sources (chaos nodes, long distance relationship nodes, Resonate mastery, etc) count towards this limit.

I'm not sure why you laid this down. Is this Debuffs on Joe Fixit, or Debuffs that Joe Fixit inflicts (or is it both)? I think some clarity is needed here.

Signature - They call me Mister Fixit
    Once Awakened, Joe Fixit gains additional benefits depending on the suit he has activated.

• Hearts - Joe's passive healing accelerates, increasing his health gain by up to 20%; which increases to a 40% increase when he is below 25% health. His healing ability also enables him to reduce the duration of all debuffs and Warlock's Virus charges by up to 40%.
    • Diamonds - Joe's no dumb brute; and uses his sharp intellect to sharpen up on his defense as well; gaining up to +22 block proficiency per hit of his combo meter. Against XL opponents, he gains +29 block proficiency per hit instead. Maximum boost at a combo of 80
    • Clubs - Getting angrier than ever, whenever either he or his opponent activates a special attack, Joe has up to a 60% chance to trigger a Fury buff, granting +400 Attack for six seconds. Does not stack.
    • Spades - Each critical hit has up to a 60% chance to gain +400 Critical Damage Rating.
    Joe's signature has changed; to enhance his existing poker suit, rather than simply gaining a second one. Each of these Awakened benefits is meant to build on his pre-existing Gambler's Ruin abilities.
    The fact that you lose access to 2 suits is a big nerf to the Champion, even though you've enhanced each suit. I can't regenerate and gain additional attack at the same time. That's going to change how Joe Fixit is played in a pretty significant way, and that's also going to change his appeal (not for the better, I'd imagine). I will admit to being disappointed that the signature Ability just gives "more of the same" when it comes to what the poker suits grant you. It doesn't sound like a very creative revision of the power set.

Going onward, I'm going to talk about the signature ability in terms of its suits:

Hearts: 20% increased regeneration means that he's healing 60.76 Health per second (or 0.36% of his Max Health). This increases to 40%, or 70.88 (0.4% of his Maximum Health) per second when he's below 25% Health. I'm not really excited about this increased benefit.

The benefit against Warlock's Techno-Organic Transmode Virus is useless, because the Charges have no duration. Reducing the ∞ duration by (up to, depending on what?) 40% is still ∞. The language needs to be corrected to target the Infection Passive, and then to say how the duration reduction is increased (i.e. based upon Stored Power, the number of Debuffs on the opponent, the number of Buffs on the opponent, etc...).

Diamonds: The increased Block Proficiency makes this valuable, but consider this... It's going to boost his Block Proficiency from 2546 to 4306 against non-XL Champions, and 4866 against XL Champions. That does make him somewhat tanky, but not even as tanky as Captain America, who in all of his versions has a Block Proficiency above 6000. Not that impressive for maintaining a Combo Meter of 80+.

Clubs: +400 Attack is nice for 6 seconds. It's useful, but boring.

Spades: The critical on the base Spades suit was pretty gonzo. This is just more of the same. I get that's the point of this signature ability revision, but if it were the bonus to Critical Rating on its own and the base Spades suit did something else, I don't think I'd have any issues with it.

Special attacks
    Special-1: This machine-gun attack can inflict up to four stacks of bleed; 60% chance to inflict each, for 420 direct damage over six seconds.
    Special-2: If Joe is utilising a red suit (Hearts or Diamonds), he has a 100% chance to inflict Stun for 2.5s. In a black suit, he has a 100% chance to inflict Armour Break (-500/5s).
    Special-3: This brutal attack inflicts Bleed (2244 Damage over six seconds). Additionally:
    If Joe is utilising a red suit, his battered opponent has a 60% chance to suffer a Power Leak Debuff (losing 40% of total Power over six seconds).
    In a black suit, Joe has a 60% chance to inflict Concussion (-70% Ability Accuracy for eight seconds).
    I've slightly reduced Joe's stacks of bleeds on SP1, and the intensity on his SP3 bleed; so he gets less benefit from Deep Wounds. This damage reduction should counterbalance the new effects I've added to his SP2 and SP3, to broaden his utility.

Special 1 is okay. 1680 Bleed damage is way better than the 400-ish damage from before.

Special 2 is worded a little wonky and could benefit from some language cleanup, but I understand its function. Stun is more useful in many situations than Armor Break, even though I like the ability to switch. The problem is, as I see it, the red suits aren't very appealing (to me), and the black suits are. I'm going to do my best to stay in a black suit, which means that I lose access to the Stun (which is more universally useful than Armor Break, unless your opponent cannot be Stunned). I would encourage you, if you're going to tie the Specials to the suits, to give each suit a unique ability that harmonizes well with what each suit does.

Special 3 adds in some nice effects, but the Bleed damage is worse (2244 versus what Joe Fixit has now, which is 3103.15), and the effects might not trigger. A 60% chance to trigger Power Leak or Concussion after saving up for Special 3, coupled with a weaker Bleed. If the abilities don't trigger, I'd be quite upset - If I did 2244 Bleed and the secondary ability didn't trigger, I'd be pissed when compared to the 3103.15 Bleed with no secondary ability that Joe Fixit did before revision. You might want to take a second look at those values.

Synergies
    Abomination/Rhino
    - Forgotten Villains (Unique Synergy, does not stack):

• Joe becomes Unstoppable on Dash attacks
    • Rhino - when Unstoppable, Critical hits have a 70% chance to inflict Armour Break (-400/5s)
    • Abomination - Critical hits have a 25% chance to inflict Poison (Intensity as if Abomination were bleeding) if the opponent has three or fewer poison stacks
    Hulk - Because I'm better than you! (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Hulk's Fury effects gain +33% Potency
    • Joe gains +120 to his Critical Rating and Critical Damage Rating
    Other synergies: unchanged
    The Rhino/Abomination Synergy is underwhelming. I can easily Dexterity away from Rhino's Unstoppable Dash Attacks (I've had a lot of practice against Rhino himself on that one). The benefit to Rhino is okay, but the benefit to Abomination is weak. Critical Hits only happen 14% of the time for him, and with a 25% chance to inflict a Poison if they have 3 or fewer Poison stacks already means that the ability doesn't work at all if they have more than 3 stacks of Poison, and at 3 or fewer, it's only going to trigger 3.5% of the time. It's slightly better than Black Widow's Evade chance... If your opponent has 3 or fewer stacks of Poison on them.

The Hulk/Joe Fixit synergy is useful. +33% Potency to Fury for Hulk is big,. The additional Critical Rating gives Joe Fixit an additional 4% Chance to land a Critical Hit, while the bump to the Critical Damage Rating brings his Critical Damage up to about 190%. It's not shabby.

I hope that you found this review helpful. I know I'm looking at a lot of this with a critical eye, and you did this rebuild 8 months ago. I'm eager to see what you can do to polish this one up.

Best wishes!

Fair enough on the glancing, @Bodhizen. I'd forgotten it didn't apply to Specials (which Ant Man does)

Very glad to see that we're seeing the same thing. :smile:

As for Diamonds, I still think an Attack boost that relies on you being beaten up isn't a valuable ability. It should be triggered on something else that drives his rage; whether it's combo meter, critical hits inflicted, or just plain time spent fighting (Gamora and Thor have time-related Fury benefits).

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you here. I think there's value in taking a beating, switching suits to regenerate from it, and then switching suits back to dish out a boatload of pain as retaliation for the beating you received. Plus, it ties into the "Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier" concept that the Hulk-type Champions share.

I'm not excited about the concept of raising Attack Rating based upon Critical Hits. Joe Fixit has a 14% chance to land a Critical Hit, so it would be of limited utility unless the Clubs suit is also active. I also don't want to base too much upon the Combo Meter. The Blackjack Table ability and the Clubs suit were already based upon the Combo Meter. As for "time on task", I don't find that to be a particularly interesting or creative solution here, even if it's something that's been incorporated into other Champion kits.

That 8% Fury of yours will be converted to a flat value; so it won't multiply the Diamonds boost as well. These things always add, not multiply. But even if it were, it's still not excessive even if my suggestion brought him up to 2500 Attack.

Joe isn't supposed to out-brawl Green Hulk, but let's look at his numbers: Green Hulk starts with 1227 Attack at 5/50, and his Sig grants up to +2400 based on lost health. That's (sustainably) a total of 3627 Attack.
    Then add in his Attack Fury (+490) and a dose of Hulk Smash (+1350); and he can reach an Attack rating of 5467 for short periods...

Or consider a more recent (admittedly glass cannon) champion, Stealth Spidey, at 5/50:
    Base attack 1294
    Passive Fury 1941 (up to 2523 if Awakened)
    Total Attack (very easy to sustain) 3235 (up to 3817 if Awakened)
    That's with a Critical Rating very easy to sustain at over 8000!

Given that (aside from brief periods if Awakened) Joe can only do either a high critical rating or a high Attack rating, I don't think you have to worry about Joe's Fury boost (8%, 15% or more) being imbalanced!

Fair enough. You've convinced me on this point. Thank you, good sir. :smile:
    Bodhizen said:

As requested, I'm going to give your Joe Fixit a review, @Magrailothos! Thank you for reviewing mine!
    I hope that you found this review helpful. I know I'm looking at a lot of this with a critical eye, and you did this rebuild 8 months ago. I'm eager to see what you can do to polish this one up.

Best wishes!

I might well change a few things up as you have some valid points; but my tendency is to 'tweak' rather than buff; aiming to make the champ useful rather than powerful. Having said that, looking at the last buff to Colossus, maybe I could be more aggressive with my designs!

Still, that's the reason why the fairly useless Fatigue is switched straight to Enervate, which is a more useful offensive ability. The chance to proc was unchanged at 14%. In a five-hit combo, that means you'll land at least one debuff about 54% of the time.

Also, do check the current abilities before suggesting mine are overpowered: you suggest that my version of Joe's Spades crit rate boost is too high? It's actually been mildly nerfed (from 38 to 32) against all but XL opponents.

Joe's regeneration is another example of this - is mine really too weak? -The current Joe regenerates 15% of his total health per minute. My version regenerates 18% (19.6% when Max Sig and a bit more when Attacking) whilst your version regenerates a fairly stonking 42% of his base health per minute. By comparison, Old Man Logan regenerates a mere 30% of his health per minute; and King Groot regenerates a mere 25% of Total Health when Awakened, at max Sig. I'd suggest yours needs toned down; although, yes, possibly mine could go up a bit, too.

As for Skill champs, the idea was to help Joe, not hinder him. If he's defending, I'd expect Joe to be attacked by Skill champs. He'll therefore take a hit to his Attack; so would benefit from a Black suit. He's also stacking the deck to avoid Diamonds because so many Skill champs shrug off debuffs now.

For the synergies, since synergies only activate on offense, it's safe to assume most of these champs will benefit from masteries and/or other synergies; or even sometimes nodes. So Abomination and Rhino will almost always have a higher crit rate than 'base' by using Precision, and by being paired with Hulk or Spider-Gwen. And Rhino won't just get Unstoppable on Dash, but also when activating the Unfazed Mastery, or on a node like Mighty Charge, Chaos, or Aspect of War.

I do plan to take another look and yes, I will take some of your other suggestions on board like resistance to Weakness and Fatigue. The Warlock virus thing didn't really make sense either. So, I'll try power my version up a bit; but I'll keep my approach to suits - I like your card-counting/Blackjack system; but actually I want playing Joe to feel different in different suits (there's no point us both taking the same approach, anyway! 😉). When he gains a second suit (rather than boosting his current suit) it makes playing him more similar all the time - I'd rather it felt like having four different champs. I'll take a look at powering it up, though.
    edited April 2020
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Black Panther (Civil War)

This is my first rework, so this could be a bit much, and values could be waaay off. I would really need to be hands-on to properly test this, but alas, that is not an option. Any feedback is greatly, greatly appreciated.
    Anyway, Black Panther (Civil War) is a dud. He does nothing on offence and the majority of players beat him with ease on defence. With this rework, I wanted to retain his defensive side and give it a slight boost, but not too much. I really wanted to focus on offence and give him a ton of utility and damage, but hopefully not too much. One other goal I had for this rework was to make him suicide friendly, even on defence, without actually having any immunities.

Base Stats (Based on Rank 5 Level 65):

HP: 36,885
    Attack: 2301
    Critical Rating: 628 (23%)
    Critical Damage Rating: 922 (200.1%)
    Armour: 472 (18%)
    Block Proficiency: 3823 (64%)
    Critical Resistance: 0

Note: Not much change here. I’ve increased his crit damage for a bit more base damage. He’s gained some armour, bringing it into line with Killmonger’s. Their armours are both vibranium, wouldn’t make sense for Black Panther not to have any. He’s also wearing a suit of armour. In case that wasn’t immediately obvious.

Kinetic Charge:

-Black Panther begins the fight with one permanent passive Kinetic Charge
    While this charge is active, Black Panther will reflect all contact stuns onto the opponent, lasting for the same duration as the stun that would’ve been applied. Cannot interrupt special attacks
    While this charge is active, Black Panther will take no damage from the recoil mastery
    Reflects 40% of the damage inflicted into his block back to the opponent
    If knocked down, this kinetic charge is removed for 10 seconds

Note: This ability is an amalgamation of Killmonger and Captain America’s Vibranium related abilities. Black Panther isn’t too tough a defender these days so I wanted to boost him slightly in that department with the permanent stun reflect, but with the ability to shut it down. Considering the suit absorbs kinetic energy, it felt fitting that he wouldn’t take recoil damage, and makes him the only other champion besides Magik that can bypass it in his base kit without synergies

Passive:

The Heart-Shaped Herb allows the Black Panther to shrug off debuffs, excluding stun, 40% faster and they are 40% less potent
    Black Panther is immune to mental manipulation, such as inverted controls.

Note: This can allow Black Panther to get a fairly substantial heal with suicides, about 7.8% per minute, as well as dealing with incoming debuffs a bit better. He isn’t going to be viable for nodes such as biohazard but should be a good option for nodes such as bleed or incinerate. His healing ability is fairly significant, but it is not close to champs like Wolverine or Old Man Logan, nor should it be.
    The exclusion of stun from this ability is purely beneficial, creating standard regular stuns on offence and making him more threatening on defence.

Basic Attacks:

Black Panther’s claw attacks (Light 1,2 and Medium 2) inflict bleed with an 80% chance, dealing 460.2 damage over 12 seconds. Maximum: 10
    If the opponent is immune to bleed, these attacks instead inflict an armour break with an 80% chance, reducing armour by 300 for 12 seconds. Maximum: 10

Note: Can you believe Black Panther currently only inflicts bleed only his SP1. Crazy, I know. These bleeds/armour breaks should increase his damage a fair bit but will play a much larger role later on. Should also give him decent synergy with the despair mastery

Panther Strike:

Intercepting the opponent with a basic attack grants Black Panther True Accuracy, allowing Black Panther to bypass evade, auto-block and miss for 8 seconds
    Performing this attack places a vulnerability debuff on the opponent increasing critical damage rating by 1864 for the duration of the attack

Note: I believe skilled gameplay should always be rewarded. This isn’t going to make him an amazing evade/auto-block counter, but it’s there if you need it. We’ll let Killmonger keep the evade/auto-block counter crown. Miss counter is always useful while the vulnerability helps this attack pack a real punch, especially with fury or armour shattered up

Heavy Attacks:

Black Panther’s heavy attacks cannot be evaded

Note: Just in case your rubbish at intercepting and have no other evade countering options

Special Attack 1:

Refreshes all active bleeds/armour breaks on the opponent and pauses their duration for 4 seconds

Note: This special can be used to ramp up your bleeds or armour breaks in preparation for your special 2

Special Attack 2:
    The first hit of this attack pauses the duration of all bleed and armour breaks on the opponent for the duration of the special attack
    If the opponent is bleeding, the final hit of this attack converts all active bleed effects into a passive internal bleed, dealing 2301 damage for each bleed converted in this way. The duration of this internal bleed is increased by 2.5 seconds per bleed converted. While this internal bleed is active, Black Panther gains a passive Fury, increasing attack by 3,451. Max stack of Fury: 1
    If the opponent is armour broken, the final hit of this attack converts all active armour breaks into a passive armour shattered, reducing armour by 400 for each armour break converted in this way. The duration of this armour shattered is increased by 2 seconds per armour break converted.
    Armour Shattered reduces the ability accuracy of robots by 100% and reduces power rate by 50%

Note: This where Black Panther’s damage, and some utility, is coming from. Notice that it doesn’t say that he can’t stack more bleeds/armour breaks. This should give Black Panther the damage he deserves, as well as recognising his technological prowess against robots.
    The Armour Shattered isn’t as powerful as Aarkus’s or Medusa’s, but it’s still damn powerful and should have more uptime than Aarkus’s. He won’t gain the fury from it either, so while there could a potential 7000 armour break reduction if you build up a further 10 armour breaks, this only gives him slightly more damage than Gwenpool with her armour break
    One other thing to note is that all of these effects and his kinetic charge are passive. This is to make sure mystics aren’t as effective against him. Black Panther has resistance to mystical attacks in the comics so I wanted to incorporate that here without overblowing it.
    The pause on the first hit stops your bleeds or armour breaks falling off during your special. Thanks Squirrel Girl for that inspiration.

Special Attack 3:

100% chance to paralyze for 3 seconds, reducing regeneration and power rate by 100%
    Places a vulnerability debuff on the opponent for 15 seconds, increasing critical damage rating by 932

Note: I don’t expect this attack to be used in a standard rotation but it could be used as a panic button if everything else fails

Signature Ability: King Of The Dead

Once per fight, when Black Panther would be knocked out in a fight, he gains a passive indestructible for (2) to (5) seconds. While this indestructible is active, Black Panther’s suit stores the damage that would be inflicted to him and reflects it onto the opponent. The damage reflected in this way cannot exceed 10,000.

Note: Move over Hela, there’s a new Aspect of Chaos King in town. Ever hate when your about to kill an opponent and you get hit and die when they’re at 1 percent? Well not anymore. Not as long as Hela’s but has the damage reflect. I did consider making this like Luke Cage’s, but this felt more fitting for the King Of The Dead. Plus, no danger of mystics getting you here

Synergies:

First off, the one with Killmonger would have to be removed. That would completely break the character, and possibly the one with Sabretooth. I’ll create a new synergy with Killmonger here but I’ll leave the rest

Leaders Of Wakanda: Black Panther (Civil War), Killmonger, Black Panther
    Black Panther (Civil War): SP1 grants 2 Counterpunch Charges
    Killmonger: +30% attack while True Strike is active
    Black Panther: If the opponent is immune to bleed, instead inflict an armour break, reducing armour by 300 for 12 seconds

My Queen: Black Panther (Civil War), Storm, Storm (Pyramid X)
    Black Panther (Civil War): Heavy attacks inflict shock, dealing 100% of attack over 5 seconds
    Storm: Special Attacks are unblockable and generate no power in the opponent
    Storm (Pyramid X): Gain passive unblockable at 3 prowess instead of 6

Illuminati: Black Panther (Civil war), Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Namor, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt
    Black Panther (Civil war): The duration of stuns Black Panther inflicts cannot be reduced
    Iron Man: Arc Overload also triggers at 50%
    Mister Fantastic: Gain a passive unstoppable for 0.5 seconds while charging a heavy attack
    Namor: Regeneration from special attacks increased to 2%
    Doctor Strange: Activating SP3 triggers all blessings for 9 seconds
    Black Bolt: Special Attacks now have a 100% chance to inflict stun and armour break

Get This Man A Shield: Black Panther (Civil War), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain America, Captain America (WWII)
    Black Panther (Civil War): +10% chance to perfect block
    Captain America (Infinity War): Well-Timed Blocks place a fatigue debuff on the opponent, reducing critical rating by 10% for 3 seconds
    Captain America: Well-Timed Blocks grant a fury buff, increasing attack by 50% for 15 seconds
    Captain America (WWII): All attacks gain +50% attack while the opponent is
    stunned

White Wolf: Black Panther (Civil War), Winter Soldier
    Black Panther (Civil War): Increase Critical resistance by 0.25% for each hit in the combo meter. Maximum: 100 hits
    Winter Soldier: Each Special attack inflicts an armour break, reducing armour 8 for each hit in the combo meter. Maximum: 100 hits

Skill Domination: Black Panther (Civil War), Hawkeye, Black Panther
    Skill Champions deal +15-25% bleed damage

Nemesis: Black Panther (Civil War), Winter Soldier, Killmonger
    All champions gain +4-6% attack

Romance: Black Panther (Civil War), Storm, Storm (Pyramid X)
    All Champions gain +3-5% power gain

And there we have it, my first rework. I wanted to bring him in at around the same power level as Blade is in our current meta, which if my values are alright, then hopefully this is. I don’t think he’s would topple Fury or Aegon to be the best skill, but Black Panther should be up there. Now obviously the movie version of this character doesn’t have all of these abilities, so maybe they would suit a new Black Panther better? I don’t know. But as I said before, any feedback on any area is welcomed with open arms. Thanks for reading ~ Rocky

Thanks @Meebleton for the peer review

• MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    @Rockypantherx
    Please watch JoJo
    Also very good rework, speaking from a completely impartial standpoint. Hopefully the Devs take a look at this. If not I will eat their firstborn.
    Ps. For legal reasons that's a joke, please don't remove my post mods

I might well change a few things up as you have some valid points; but my tendency is to 'tweak' rather than buff; aiming to make the champ useful rather than powerful. Having said that, looking at the last buff to Colossus, maybe I could be more aggressive with my designs!

I think that's a good thing. :smile:

Still, that's the reason why the fairly useless Fatigue is switched straight to Enervate, which is a more useful offensive ability. The chance to proc was unchanged at 14%. In a five-hit combo, that means you'll land at least one debuff about 54% of the time.

Fatigue is pretty useless unless you have another ability that triggers off of opponents that are Fatigued, yeah.

Also, do check the current abilities before suggesting mine are overpowered: you suggest that my version of Joe's Spades crit rate boost is too high? It's actually been mildly nerfed (from 38 to 32) against all but XL opponents.

It was not my intention to suggest that you do not check out the current abilities. Joe Fixit's Critical Rating boost is actually at 40.82 per hit on the Combo Meter when he's fully ranked up. It's one of the only good things about him at present. However, in strengthening the Champion, there are a few things that I (personally) try to keep in mind. First, is it too strong? I tend to err (most of the time, anyway) on the side of caution for a lot of things. If Joe Fixit can get a high enough combo, he'd be throwing down Critical Hits like there's no tomorrow. His current base Critical Rating of 326 means that he's landing a Critical Hit 14% of the time. By the time you get to 100 hits on the Combo Meter at +32 Critical Rating per hit, you have a 63.8% chance to land a Critical Hit. That's pretty solid, even with diminishing returns. Even at a cap of 50 hits on the Combo Meter, you'd have a 49.1% chance. So... I guess I concede the point, since the diminishing returns make the difference not so attractive.

Joe's regeneration is another example of this - is mine really too weak? -The current Joe regenerates 15% of his total health per minute. My version regenerates 18% (19.6% when Max Sig and a bit more when Attacking) whilst your version regenerates a fairly stonking 42% of his base health per minute. By comparison, Old Man Logan regenerates a mere 30% of his health per minute; and King Groot regenerates a mere 25% of Total Health when Awakened, at max Sig. I'd suggest yours needs toned down; although, yes, possibly mine could go up a bit, too.

So, my rework of Joe Fixit allows him to regenerate a lot of health per minute, sure, but remember... Old Man Logan regenerates 30% of his Maximum Health per minute 100% of the time (barring abilities that prevent him from healing). In my version, Joe Fixit will regenerate 42% of his Maximum Health per minute 25% of the time (or possibly a 50% chance over 15 seconds with Double Down). Compare that to someone like Wolverine (X-23), who could potentially regenerate 135% of her Maximum Health per minute (with a 15% chance of triggering), or Wolverine, who could potentially regenerate 120% of his Maximum Health per minute (with a 14% chance of triggering) before his Signature Ability enhances that.

Assuming that the abilities trigger equally (as a baseline average), Old Man Logan heals 120% of his Health over 4 minutes. Joe Fixit heals 42% of his Health over 4 minutes (before his Signature Ability is accounted for, because it only triggers 25% of the time). Wolverine (X-23) heals 324% of her Health over 4 minutes. Wolverine heals 230.4% of his Health over 4 minutes (before his Signature Ability is accounted for). By comparison, your rework of Joe Fixit heals 18% of his Health over 4 minutes (because it only triggers 25% of the time). Yes, my version heals a lot more Health than the original Joe Fixit, but far less than even Old Man Logan.

I do plan to take another look and yes, I will take some of your other suggestions on board like resistance to Weakness and Fatigue. The Warlock virus thing didn't really make sense either. So, I'll try power my version up a bit; but I'll keep my approach to suits - I like your card-counting/Blackjack system; but actually I want playing Joe to feel different in different suits (there's no point us both taking the same approach, anyway! 😉). When he gains a second suit (rather than boosting his current suit) it makes playing him more similar all the time - I'd rather it felt like having four different champs. I'll take a look at powering it up, though.

Thanks so much for the discussion! I think it's productive for the both of us.
    Joe Fixit

Mr Fixit. Not at the top of anyone's 'must rank up' list, for many reasons. Despite that, he's a frequent rent-a-villain for Kabam in Event quests; so it's not surprising even they've recognised he needs to go on the buff list.

Joe's damage output is extremely poor, and given that's he's still actually the Hulk, it's surprisingly dependent on bleed effects.
    His basic ability set (Suits) grants him some fairly unsubstantial abilities:
    • Hearts gives a very slow, if reliable regen. It was about half the speed of Old Man Logan's (before he got buffed), so not exactly a source of enormous recovery (15% of his health, per minute). It's okay, but would be nice if it were better
    • Diamonds gives a fairly modest Attack boost; but, like Green Hulk, it requires you to lose health to gain the benefits. This isn't a remotely useful ability for a skilled player, who can avoid getting hit.
    • Clubs gives you loads of debuffs, half of which (Fatigue) achieve very little aside from triggering the opponent's Willpower. The weakness has it's uses, I suppose; but again, neither is really helpful for a skilled player as they're strictly defensive debuffs, and only benefit offensively if you're getting hit.
    • Spades at least gives you a decent crit rate boost; although the effectiveness of this is limited by Diminishing Returns, and particularly by Joe's low Critical Damage Rating. Still there's no actual cap at present; and Joe has loads of hits on his SP1 and SP3, so this is probably his best current suit
    As well as his weak skill set, Joe's base SP3 damage is incredibly feeble. Seriously: many champions have a more damaging SP1! It does cause a fairly decent bleed (if your opponent bleeds), but only very slightly more than an equal-rank Hawkeye does on his SP1.

So Joe has weak abilities, poor damage, and isn't available as a 6*. Surely that demands a rework! Thus, here's my adjusted Joe Fixit, aiming to (a) keep him recognisably the same character; (b) make him at least a little useful to a questing team; but (c) without giving him access to glass-cannon levels of damage. Some modifications following feedback from @Bodhizen (thanks!).

Stats for a 4* 5/50

Health - 16,888
    Attack - 1202

Passive - Gamma Resilience:
    Joe is immune to poison; and reduces the potency of Weakness, Exhaustion, and Fatigue debuffs by 90%.

Gambler's Ruin:
    At the beginning of the fight, and whenever he lands a Heavy attack, Joe gains a Poker suit, and lets loose a different aspect of the gamma-powered gangster he is. The odds of each suit are equal, except when fighting Skill champions; when cunning Joe stacks the deck, reducing the chance of drawing Diamonds by half.
    • Hearts: Joe digs down deep to activate his Gamma-powered regeneration; passively healing for 3546 health per minute. He still loves to inflict pain though; and surges of adrenaline boost his regeneration by 50% for 5 seconds whenever he inflicts a critical hit.
    • Diamonds: Joe gets defensive, using careful jabs and blows to weaken his opponent. Each successful basic attack has a 17% chance (increased to 23% on a Critical hit) to inflict a Vulnerability or Enervate debuff for eight seconds.
      - When attacking a Vulnerable opponent, increase Joe's Critical Damage Rating by 280 and decrease their Block Proficiency by 12.5% per stack*.
      - When Attacking an enervated Opponent, reduce their Defensive power gain by 20% per stack* (*max stacks 4).
    • Clubs: Joe may not be as big as the Green Hulk, but he's still got plenty of Gamma-fuelled anger to punish his opponents. Every second that Clubs is active, his Attack rises by 8.4, to a maximum bonus of 840. Against XL opponents, Joe gains these benefits 30% faster.
    • Spades: Joe focuses his rage to icy cold, gaining +32 critical rating per hit on his combo meter. Against XL opponents, Joe gains +44 critical rating instead. Maximum benefit at 60 hits.
    I've switched Joe's benefits around to make Red suits essentially defensive and Black suits mostly offensive; which will tie into subsequent changes to his Special attacks. Hopefully the Enervate and Vulnerability effects will be a lot more useful than Fatigue/Weakness; but Joe knows to avoid using them against debuff-shrugging Skill champs. I also thought it might be interesting to give him a bit of a boost against the biggest opponents, as someone who can take them on at the same size

Signature - They call me Mister Fixit
    Once Awakened, Joe Fixit gains additional benefits (below) depending on the suit he has activated.
    Additionally, the first time he drops below 20% Health in a fight (or if he starts there) he has a 50% chance to activate each Inactive Suit for ten seconds, before dropping back to just one. Additional suits trigger simultaneously.
    • Hearts - Joe's passive healing accelerates, boosting his health gain by 30%; which increases to a 45% boost when he drops below 20% health. His healing ability also now reduces the potency of all bleed debuffs by 45%.
    • Diamonds - Joe's easy to underestimate as a dumb brute; but uses his sharp intellect to avoid triggering his opponent's defenses. Joe reduces his opponents defensive ability accuracy by 0.55% per hit of his combo meter. This ability is reduced by half when fighting Skill champions. Maximum benefit at a combo of 60.
    • Clubs - Getting angrier faster than ever, Joe gains the benefits of Clubs 20% faster than usual. Additionally, whenever either he or his opponent activates a special attack, Joe has a 60% chance to trigger a Fury buff, granting +400 Attack for eight seconds. This buff does not stack.
    • Spades - Each critical hit has a 60% chance to gain +600 Critical Damage Rating.
    The nature of Joe's signature has changed; as it now provides benefits to enhance his existing poker suit, rather than gaining a second one. Each of these Awakened benefits is meant to build on his pre-existing Gambler's Ruin abilities, and should make fighting with Joe feel quite different in his different suits.

Special attacks
    Special-1: This machine-gun attack can inflict up to four stacks of bleed; 60% chance to inflict each, for 450 direct damage over six seconds.
    Special-2: If Joe is utilising a black suit (Clubs or Spades), he has a 100% chance to inflict Stun for 2.5s. In a red suit, he has a 100% chance to inflict Armour Break (-500 for 8s).
    Special-3: This brutal attack inflicts Bleed (2844 Damage over six seconds). There are additional effects dependent on which suit is active:
    • Diamonds: Joe's battered opponent has an 80% chance to suffer a Power Leak Debuff (losing 40% of total Power over six seconds).
    • Hearts: Joe's adrenaline surges to new levels, increasing his base healing rate by 100% for twelve seconds. Critical hits do not increase healing during this time, but instead pause the timer for two seconds.
    • Clubs: Bleed potency increases by 40%.
    • Spades: 80% chance to inflict Concussion (-70% Ability Accuracy for twelve seconds).
    I've slightly reduced Joe's stacks of bleeds on SP1, and the intensity on his SP3 bleed; so he gets less benefit from Deep Wounds. As payoff, I'd expect a modest boost to his base SP3 damage.

Synergies
    Abomination/Rhino
    - Forgotten Villains (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Joe becomes Unstoppable on Dash attacks
    • Rhino - when Unstoppable, gain +250 Critical Rating, and Critical hits have a 70% chance to inflict Armour Break (-400/5s)
    • Abomination - Special Attacks have a 75% chance to inflict Poison (Intensity as if Abomination were bleeding) if the opponent has three or fewer poison stacks
    Hulk - Because I'm better than you! (Unique Synergy, does not stack):
    • Hulk's Fury effects gain +33% Potency
    • Joe gains +120 to his Critical Rating and Critical Damage Rating
    Other synergies: unchanged.

----------------------------
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Civil warrior:
    Abilities he has stay the same. Chance to gain armor when attacking increases to 15%. Sig increases armor duration by a flat 4 seconds. For every passive armor up plus 30% attack and special damage. Sp1 stun for 2.2 seconds. Gain 4 armor buffs. Sp2 is unblockable. Drain 60% of max power. Sp3 power drains 85% of max power. If drained all the way power lock for 10 seconds.
    I present to you a polished rework of Joe Fixit! (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

BASE STATISTICS:
    Hit Points: 16,876
    Attack: 1171
    Crit Rate: 326
    Crit Damage: 500
    Armor: 353
    Block Proficiency: 2546

• Once per fight, when Joe Fixit falls below 15% of his Max Health, all four poker suits become active for 15.0 seconds.

ABILITIES:
    • HIT ME!: This counter tracks how many times Joe Fixit has been successfully hit during the fight, advancing by one for each hit on the Combo meter up to 10. At 11 hits, and each successive hit, it will advance in the following order: Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Upon the 14th hit, the counter will hold on Ace for 12.0 seconds, at which time, the counter will reset back to 2 and advance again in similar fashion.

• Diamonds: He may not be as big as the Hulk, but you still won’t like him when he’s angry. Joe gains +10 Attack Rating every time that he (or his opponent) lands a hit, to a maximum of +1000 Attack Rating. Every time Joe Fixit's opponent activates a Special Attack, Joe Fixit becomes enraged and gains an additional +878.25 Attack Rating for 4.0 seconds. While Blackjack! is active, Joe Fixit gains a Passive Fury Buff, increasing his Attack Rating by 15%.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Special 1 - Place Your Bets – First Mr. Fixit introduces you to his forehead, then he introduces you to one of his Chicago Typewriters. What a nice fellow.
    • 60% chance per hit to inflict Bleed, dealing 585.5 Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds.

Developer's Note: The chance to trigger Bleed has been changed to it triggering per hit (there are 5 hits with the Tommy Gun), and the amount that each Bleed inflicts has been increased! Instead of dealing 421.26 total Bleed damage, it has been increased to a potential 2927.5. Huge difference!

Special 2 - Shorten the Odds – With a stomp of his foot and a slap of his hands, Mr. Fixit sends two boulders slamming into his opponent’s head at high speed.
    • 100% chance to Stun for 3.4 seconds.
    • If Joe Fixit fails to land a hit with this attack, he becomes Unstoppable for 1.2 seconds.
    Special 3 - The House Always Wins – Joe Fixit lets loose a massive barrage from his twin Tommy Guns, then beats his opponent to a messy pulp with them. Never bet against the house.
    • 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 3103.15 Direct Damage over 3.0 seconds.
    • If Blackjack! is active when Special 3 is triggered, the Bleed damage from this attack is doubled.

Developer's Note: The Bleed damage hasn’t changed… Except for when Blackjack! is active. Blackjack! will give you a much needed boost to this attack!

SYNERGIES:
    • Competition: with Kingpin, or The Hood: Kingpin: +15% Rage conversion chance. The Hood: +20% Invisibility Duration. Joe Fixit: +15% Attack while the opponent has a Debuff.
    • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Crime Bosses: with The Hood: All Villain Champions gain +110 Armor Rating and Critical Rating. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Moon Knight, or Ms. Marvel: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Friends: with Wolverine: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Gamma Horde: with Sorcerer Supreme: Synergy Members: Stun Debuffs inflicted on the Opponent last 25% longer. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Nemesis: with Hulk: All Champions gain +6% Attack.
    • Rivals: with Yellowjacket: All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates: with Thor (Jane Foster), or Venom: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt
    18. Thor (Jane Foster)
    19. Kang

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback. This rebuild is an attempt to boost Joe Fixit’s value as an attacker. He was pretty weak before, but I think that with this kit, he could really see some increased action outside the Arena! A huge shout out to @Magrailothos for the feedback in improving this Champion's kit!

Thanks, and best wishes!

This mutant is one of the worst mutants in the game, little better than the notable mutant trash-Champion, Deadpool (X-Force). Once the Alpha, he is certainly the epitome of Omega, but he’s clearly outshone by Champions such as Domino, Omega Red, Namor, and Archangel. Sabretooth and Emma Frost have been his servants at times, and yet, he doesn’t hold a candle to them in this game. Never very good to begin with, his kit is pretty narrow, which is a crying shame for the Master of Magnetism!

I present to you a first draft rework of Magneto (Marvel NOW!)! (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)

BASE STATISTICS:

Signature Ability - Master of Magnetism:
    Magneto's X-gene plays an important role in mediating tactile perception to any planet's electromagnetic field.
    • Magneto begins the fight with 3 Magnetic Charges.
    • When taking hits, Magneto has a 49.5% chance to consume 1 Magnetic Charge to Auto-Block one attack, reducing all damage to 0%. This does not count as a Well-Timed Block and therefore cannot trigger Parry. The opponent’s Offensive Ability Accuracy on Auto-Blocked attacks is reduced by 100%.
    • If Magneto has any Magnetic Charges, Magnetic Charges are automatically consumed to reduce the Aftershock Scale by 2 per Charge. The Aftershock Scale cannot be reduced below 0.

ABILITIES:
    Culmination (Passive): While defending the final node in a Quest, Alliance Quest, or Alliance War, Magneto automatically generates 1 Magnetic Charge every 15.0 seconds. While he is at or above 10 Magnetic Charges, he gains +20% Attack Rating and +20% Power Gain Rate. This Ability cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
    Geomagnetic Link (Passive): Magneto gains 1 Magnetic Charge each time he successfully lands a Heavy Attack. He also gains 3 Magnetic Charges every time he successfully lands a Special Attack.
    Magnetic Attacks (Passive): Magneto’s attacks deal Energy Damage instead of Physical Damage.
    Metal Manipulation (Passive): Enemies reliant on metal (including those that wield metal swords or staves) suffer 60% reduced Ability Accuracy throughout the entire fight.

Developer's Note: Being the Master of Magnetism, it’s silly that Magneto cannot keep up his Ability Accuracy reduction throughout the entire fight, and that there’s no clear indication on how frequently Magneto’s Magnetism ability reactivates. Furthermore, there are several Champions that use metal weapons (but are not tagged Metal Champions) like Blade, Drax, or Psylocke; this Ability will target those Champions, regardless of whether they have the Metal tag or not.
    Special Attacks: Magneto can Dash Back and hold Block for 1.2 seconds to consume one Magnetic Charge. Magnetic charges consumed in this way activate a secondary ability on the next Special Attack. Magneto cannot consume another Magnetic Charge in this fashion until he has activated a Special Attack.
    Telepathic Resistance (Passive): Magneto has trained himself extensively for fighting telepaths, and is resistant to telepathic attack. This is augmented with the aid of his helmet. Magneto is immune to Reversed Controls. Furthermore, he gains a 5% chance to Evade Telepathic Attacks, such as Emma Frost’s Special Attacks, Psylocke’s Special Attacks, and any hits from Psylocke’s Psychic Knife.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:
    Developer's Note: Special Attack animations have been changed to create a visual distinction between Magneto and Magneto (Marvel NOW!).
    Special 1 - Electromagnetic Rays – Magneto fires off three rapid pulses of electromagnetic energy at his opponent, blasting through their defenses!
    • 100% chance per successful hit to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, each one removing 1 Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 803.6 for 8.0 seconds.
    • This attack Power Drains 20% of the Opponent’s current Power, even if the attack doesn’t make contact with the Opponent. Against Robot Champions, this attack Power Burns instead, dealing damage proportionate to the amount lost.
    • When Magnetically Charged: This attack gains +574 Attack Rating and +492.1 Critical Rating.
    Special 2 - Shrapnel Cyclone – Sharp fragments are pulled from the surrounding environment and formed into a vortex around Magneto’s opponent, shredding them.
    • 95% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 2410.8 Direct Damage over 10.0 seconds.
    • 100% chance to inflict Heal Block, preventing the target from recovering Health for 10.0 seconds.
    • When Magnetically Charged: This attack is Unblockable.
    Special 3 - Iron Manipulation – Tearing metal beams from the environment, Magneto pins his opponent to the opposing wall of the Arena. He then draws all of the iron out of their body and into the palm of his hand, shooting the iron ball he just formed back at his opponent like a bullet straight to the chest!
    • 100% chance to inflict three Frailty Debuffs, each one reducing the opponent’s Block Proficiency, Physical Resistance, and Crit Resistance by 150 for 12.0 seconds.
    • When Magnetically Charged: 100% chance for each hit of this Special Attack to be a Critical Hit.

SYNERGIES:
    • Brotherhood Recruits: with Thor, or Namor: Magneto: Special Attack 1 and Special Attack 3 have a 55% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 210% of Magneto’s Base Attack as Direct Damage over 10.0 seconds. Namor: While IMPERIUS REX is active, all Special Attacks Regenerate twice as much of his missing Health. Thor: Special Attacks inflict a Shock Debuff, dealing 15% of Thor’s Base Attack as Direct Damage over 4.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Decimation: with Sabretooth: Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch, Magneto: Starts the fight with a Fury Buff against Mutant Champions, granting +15% Attack Rating. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Enemies: with Storm: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Friends: with Colossus, or Deadpool (X-Force): All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Masterminds: with Loki: All Champions gain +20% Energy Damage once a Combo of 15 or more hits is reached.
    • Mutant Agenda: with Warlock: Mutant’s landed strikes during Special Attacks gain +12% Attack Rating.
    • Mutant Dominion: with Mister Sinister: All Mutants: Gain +20% Passive Fury when fighting with Class Disadvantage. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Mutant Leadership: with Emma Frost: All Mutants: Heavy Attacks have a 10% chance to become Unblockable for 1.0 seconds. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Nemesis: with Black Bolt: All Champions gain +6% Attack.
    • Rivals: with Wolverine, or Wolverine (Weapon X): All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
    • Teammates: with Cyclops (New Xavier School), Cyclops (Blue Team) or Magik: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.

1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Falcon
    6. War Machine
    7. Superior Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. King Groot
    11. Karnak
    12. Iron Patriot
    13. Hulkbuster
    16. Storm
    17. Black Bolt
    18. Thor (Jane Foster)
    19. Kang
    20. Joe Fixit

As with all of my Champion reworks, I invite constructive feedback! Please feel free to tag me in any response that you give with constructive feedback.

This rebuild makes some pretty significant tweaks to Magneto (Marvel NOW!) to make him feel different in how he plays compared to the original Magneto. The Bleeds that used to be a part of his base kit on Special Attacks are now accomplished via Synergy. He also incorporates more of the canonical Magneto’s powers into his kit. The Magnetic Charges are a mechanic that I used for an old rework of Magneto that I did in 2018 (and I feel that I could do a better job today), but have a very different feel in their usage. In the base kit, they can be used to give Magneto an extra boost on Special Attacks, and once the new Signature Ability is activated, they can grant him some pretty significant defensive capabilities as well, including a counter to Quake (since Magneto can canonically use a planet’s magnetic field to create or calm earthquakes)! However, it also makes Magneto a bit more vulnerable to Quake as well, as she can increase the Aftershock scale to burn through Magneto's Magnetic Counters.

He also gains a mostly unused mechanic in Culmination that makes him more attractive as a boss in Alliance War, or more dangerous as an end-boss in any Quest (The Champion also has special traits if he’s an end-boss). I felt that it was important to make Magneto more of a badass if you have to fight your way to get to him. I’d thought about possibly increasing his value as a last-node defender if you had to fight through several other Mutants to get to him, but I thought that might have been overkill on this build, particularly with all the Mutant-centric Synergies he has.

If I get around to a new rework on the classic Magneto, I think I would do some other things differently, but I definitely wanted to change around the Special Attacks on this build so that he wasn’t just a reskin of the original Magneto. There are also some clarifications in this build, including his hits being Energy-based and his immunity to Reversed Controls. There’s an added bonus versus Telepaths in his kit based upon his canonical training against Telepaths like Professor X and Jean Grey. This will become more valuable as more Telepaths are added to the game (as I assume will eventually happen).

As always, I hope that you enjoy this rebuild, and that Kabam will eventually give these rebuilds a look in the hopes that they may spark some interest in revisiting other older Champions.

Lastly, this process isn't possible without additional eyes and thoughts from the community. Please feel free to review and suggest improvements! I am specifically inviting feedback from contributors like @Magrailothos, @Bajan_Samurai, @DrZola, @Whododo872, and @HeroBoltsy, though I welcome feedback from all.

Thanks, and best wishes!
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    edited April 2020

SENTRY

3rd revision

BASE STATS AND ABILITIES

Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
    HP: 15660
    Attack: 1324
    Critical Rate: 440
    Critical Damage: 703
    Energy Resistance: 500
    Physical Resistance: 223
    Critical Resistance: 0

Base Abilities: Incinerate, Dark Sting, Fury, Regeneration

Passive:
    • With the power of a million exploding suns, Sentry takes no damage from Coldsnap, Frostbite, and Incinerate effects. Also, each Incinerate grants Sentry +5% increased Attack Rating.

Passive: Combo Completion
    • When health is below 70% after completing a 40-hit Combo, Sentry regenerates 1566 Health over 3 seconds

Passive: Reality Warp
    • At the start of a fight and after every 40 Hits in a Combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to 5 max. Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.

Passive: State of Mind
    • Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.
    • Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry cannot lose his Combo. Remains until Sentry changes States. In addition, each hit has 30% chance to shrug-off a Debuff. Each Reality Warp increases the chance by 10%
    • Overpowering Light: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 1 Attack Damage is increased by 926.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. In addition, each beam hit burns 13% of the target's max Power and inflicts Direct Damage proportionate to the amount lost. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Heavy Attack Damage is increased by 926.8 per Reality Warp. In addition, he gains 100% chance to Perfect Block. Remains until Sentry changes States.
    • Absolute Strength: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 2 Attack Damage is increased by 926.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. In addition, he gains 100% chance to inflict a Vulnerability Debuff based on the number of Reality Warps. When attacking a Vulnerable opponent, increase Critical Damage Rating by 266.45 and decrease their Block Proficiency by 50%. Vulnerability Debuffs are purified when entering a new State of Mind. After Absolute Strength, Sentry restarts State of Mind, entering Unyielding Fortitude.

Heavy Attacks:
    • 70% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up per hit and applying 666.67 Armor Rating reduction for 10 seconds. This effect gains +6% Ability Accuracy for each Reality Warp.

Special Attacks:
    Special 1: Light Blast – Sentry punches his opponent before unleashing a Light-based Energy blast.
    • Each beam hit has a 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate when in a State of Mind other than Overpowering Light, each dealing 529.6 Energy Damage over 5 seconds. This effect also removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it's active.
    Special 2: Soaring Strike – Sentry leads with an uppercut then loops around for a flying double punch.
    • Gains a Fury Passive for each Reality Warp increasing Attack Rating by 331 for 20 seconds.
    Special 3: Channel the Void – Sentry transforms into the Void, creating a black hole that consumes the opponent.
    • Inflicts 1 Dark Sting, lasting for 15 seconds. An opponent with Dark Sting suffers 1059.2 damage when activating a Special Attack. After lasting its full duration, stuns the opponent for 2 seconds. Each Reality Warp increases duration by 0.2 seconds.

Signature Ability: Molecular Reformation – Reality Warps persist from fight to fight and Sentry has a chance to gain Indestructible when he loses a Combo.
    • When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 100% chance to become Indestructible for 0.5 seconds per Reality Warp.
    • Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.
  • MaesterAegonMaesterAegon Posts: 63
    Any comments and suggestions would be welcome for my buff on Sentry.