**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursions: Ultron’s Domain - Now Commencing April 8th!

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    KevanproG said:

Quick question so for ramping up champs like sabertooth corvus morning star etc if they are fully ramped up and I swap them out for someone else but bring them back later do we need to ramp them up again or their charges are the same

My recollection was that during the stream it was said that things like persistent charges would persist from map to map but would not persist if you swapped the champ out and then back in.
  • Laksh1995 said:

Our existing dungeon currency can be used here right?

Yep! Artifacts are still the reward for Incursions.
    Haji_Saab said:

Is there an option to run it alone?

The main problem for dungeons was to find a time slot of 30 minutes or so at the exact same time with another person who you can trust.

This was slightly ambiguous when they discussed it on stream, but I believe that Incursions will now run on a five day cycle and during each five day cycle if you start an Incursion with someone and leave it but don't actually exit the maps that Incursion will continue to run until that five day cycle ends. So theoretically speaking you could hook up with a friend for ten minutes and start an Incursion at the start of a five day cycle, and if you are having a particularly good run but run out of time you could both leave the Incursion section of the game and come back the next day and pick up where you left off, because Incursions don't have that 15 minute Dungeon timer that would ordinarily expire them.

The only thing that would "expire" a Dungeon without the players actually quitting it is, if I understand correctly, the end of a five day cycle. So while you still need to find time windows for you and your friend to run Incursions, you could stretch a single Incursion run over multiple gaming sessions if you wanted to. Also, if you're in this situation (and I understand the mechanics correctly) you should try to start Incursions near the start of a cycle rather than the end of one to give you some extra time to extend an Incursion if you need to.
    Haji_Saab said:

Also, I should point out that those who dual box Dungeons today (I do that occasionally) should find Incursions much more friendly to a single player playing two of their own accounts in an Incursion, because the limiting factor on that in Dungeons was (assuming you didn't team wipe) the Dungeon timer. If you want to play two accounts in one Incursion you now have eight minutes per fight indefinitely with no other restriction. You can even take breaks.

This doesn't help the vast majority of players that want to solo Incursions (because this requires having two accounts reasonably leveled up), but just throwing out there.
    DNA3000 said:

Haji_Saab said:

The main problem for dungeons was to find a time slot of 30 minutes or so at the exact same time with another person who you can trust.

This was slightly ambiguous when they discussed it on stream, but I believe that Incursions will now run on a five day cycle and during each five day cycle if you start an Incursion with someone and leave it but don't actually exit the maps that Incursion will continue to run until that five day cycle ends. So theoretically speaking you could hook up with a friend for ten minutes and start an Incursion at the start of a five day cycle, and if you are having a particularly good run but run out of time you could both leave the Incursion section of the game and come back the next day and pick up where you left off, because Incursions don't have that 15 minute Dungeon timer that would ordinarily expire them.

The only thing that would "expire" a Dungeon without the players actually quitting it is, if I understand correctly, the end of a five day cycle. So while you still need to find time windows for you and your friend to run Incursions, you could stretch a single Incursion run over multiple gaming sessions if you wanted to. Also, if you're in this situation (and I understand the mechanics correctly) you should try to start Incursions near the start of a cycle rather than the end of one to give you some extra time to extend an Incursion if you need to.
    It occurs to me there's a simpler way to explain how the new Incursions work for people who have trouble scheduling time with friends to do Dungeons now. Since there's a five day cycle and no room timers at all, you can theoretically play Dungeons like AQ. You go in and fight, message your buddy and say "link down" and then they go in and fight, and then someone takes down the boss. It is slow, but it works.

In other words (and correct me if I'm wrong Kabam), and to oversimplify somewhat Incursions are two-man two-lane AQ.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Can we skip to the real meat here - the Cavalier opening you’re going to do with that unit stash?

Also, I watched the stream and it looked really good, massive improvement on what was a good concept that had kind of died a death
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I’m sure I missed it, how long are the cool down times for the champs ?

Me
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★
    How long are the champion cool down periods?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Im also curious to know if charges still carry over for champs like Corvus and Aegon?

Persistent charges still work but if you sub in another champ and sub them back they will have none
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I love the idea of swapping a champion out to suit the content. Is there any possibility of this coming into act 1 the union? Or future quests?

How long are the champion cool down periods?

From the stream it looked like approximately three day cool down for 5* and five or six day cool down for 6*. I’m guessing the intent was to only be able to use 6* champ once per cycle and 5* champs at most twice per cycle. Not sure about lower tier champs.
  • Breydon3Breydon3 Posts: 6
    Can't wait.
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Can I play with a friend who is in a different tier, and can I choose to be in a lower tier if the tier I’m in doesn’t match my skill level
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

Will there be an update for any of the items in the store?

Potions and Revives are being updated! They'll be more potent, and a little cheaper.
    Fantastic job, especially on working harder to release them sooner in light of everything going on. I am really impressed by this effort, even if this comes with a few bugs, overall you guys really knocked this out of the park.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Sorry if I missed it, but are there any 6* shards in rewards?
    Lvernon15 said:

Im also curious to know if charges still carry over for champs like Corvus and Aegon?

Persistent charges still work but if you sub in another champ and sub them back they will have none
    Actually in Seatin’s stream they said you can’t sub a champ back in at all after swapping out, which I think is different from what they said during BG and Lags stream. I think it is possible this is a bit ambiguous. When I think about this, it occurs to me that when you swap a champ out it should go into cool down, which means you can’t use them again until the cool down expires. Which normally means you can’t swap them back in. But perhaps if enough time elapses and cool down expires, you could in fact swap them back (like if you’re playing a long duration Incursion like I mentioned above ala pseudo two-man AQ).

@Kabam Miike perhaps this should be clarified.

1. If you swap a champ out does it immediately go into cool down (so you can’t immediately swap back)?
    2. If the cool down expires can you put a previously used champ back into the same Incursion?
    3. If a champ is swapped out, expires cool down, and comes back 8n, do they continue to have persistent charges they earned in that particular Incursion?
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    wow, so, you mean to tell me that there are STILL NO SOLO DUNGEONS???? aggravating. i give up.
    DNA3000 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Actually in Seatin’s stream they said you can’t sub a champ back in at all after swapping out, which I think is different from what they said during BG and Lags stream. I think it is possible this is a bit ambiguous. When I think about this, it occurs to me that when you swap a champ out it should go into cool down, which means you can’t use them again until the cool down expires. Which normally means you can’t swap them back in. But perhaps if enough time elapses and cool down expires, you could in fact swap them back (like if you’re playing a long duration Incursion like I mentioned above ala pseudo two-man AQ).

1. If you swap a champ out does it immediately go into cool down (so you can’t immediately swap back)?
    2. If the cool down expires can you put a previously used champ back into the same Incursion?
    3. If a champ is swapped out, expires cool down, and comes back 8n, do they continue to have persistent charges they earned in that particular Incursion?
    Seatin’s stream seems to have addressed this. If you swap out, you cannot swap back into the same Incursion, even if cool down expires. So basically, once you tag out, you can’t tag back in at all (you can, of course, use them in a different Incursion run if they aren’t on cool down). Which means the persistent charge question is moot; you can’t swap back in, so you obviously can’t keep persistent charges if you swap out.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    I love what I am seeing from the Incursions livestreams, video with Dave, and announcement and it has me excited about playing it. One question that I have is if the process of creating Incursions inspired the Dev team to look at differently/revamp any other areas of the game like AW, Arena, Story Content, etc.? If so, can we get some details about that?
  • AndimingaAndiminga Posts: 36
    Does the cooldown timer begin when you have selected your team and entered the first room (like in Arena)? Or only after you have finished the Incursion run (or swapped out one of your champs)?
    Meaning if you pause your run for a few hours or days, will the timer already have started.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

Friendship and Matchmaking Bonuses are still present, and remain unchanged.

Please improve the matchmaking. Removing the room timers is a great idea because at least it gives you more time to communicate, and removing the points penalty for failing a room is also great. But the biggest problem with Dungeons was the ridiculous number of trolls who would enter the room and then immediately leave the party and abandon people to do the room on their own, or wipe their entire team in the first fight and then give up, or completely ignore all attempts at communication. The few times I tried dungeons I gave up out of frustration because it seemed like everyone was just there to ruin it.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    FineDog said:

Please improve the matchmaking. Removing the room timers is a great idea because at least it gives you more time to communicate, and removing the points penalty for failing a room is also great. But the biggest problem with Dungeons was the ridiculous number of trolls who would enter the room and then immediately leave the party and abandon people to do the room on their own, or wipe their entire team in the first fight and then give up, or completely ignore all attempts at communication. The few times I tried dungeons I gave up out of frustration because it seemed like everyone was just there to ruin it.
    Miike admitted on the livestream this is meant to be played with friends. They’re aware of the matchmaking frustrations, but you could easily avoid all of that by playing with an alliance member or a friend.
  • DNA3000 said:

Lvernon15 said:

There was a mistake in our first stream. If you switch a Champion out, there is no way to switch them back into the same Session of Incursions.
    FineDog said:

The problem here is this is known far and wide in MMOs as the PUG problem, and it is known to be unsolvable in the general case. Meaning, when you make a pick up group of players, there's no way for the game to warn anyone if there's a jerk in their midst. And there's no way to allow players to flag jerks that hasn't been immediately used by jerks to flag innocent people, because that's how jerks roll.

I had one idea a while back for Dungeons that would now be harder to implement for Incursions (but not impossible). I suggested that every player be given a set of Dungeon Mulligans, where if you find yourself stuck with a jerk, you can hit the jerk ejection button and the game ends the match, your champs don't go into cooldown, but you also get no rewards for that dungeon. The idea being almost no one would pull the rip cord on this during a normal Dungeon run because it wouldn't be worth the effort to restart just to get a better run with a set of champions, but conversely most jerk runs go off the rails early enough that it would be worth it to throw the entire thing away to get your top champs back for another run.

The problem with Incursions is you get your rewards cumulatively over time, so you'd need to make sure the jerk ejection button couldn't be exploited for double dipped rewards.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    After watching this live stream of Incursions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfRtGYveAw&feature=youtu.be

While it has been enhanced a bit, the biggest issue that there was with Dungeons was finding someone to play with that is at your level, and not a idiot who doesn't follow you, or dies off in the first few fights.

So, still a hard pass, won't be playing this either. :(

I was hoping for a Incursions style where you can play SOLO, and not have to worry about the other person.

So, still disappointed in that regards.