**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 5.2.5

Can someone please explain to me why bane is only dealing 91 damage per second to the opponent but when I become infected I'm getting close to 700 HP per second, how is this fair?

Comments

• Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Bane inflicts damage according to the current(not max) HP of the person who doesn't have the debuff, and the player usually has less HP than the A.I. in act 5 quests.
  • Options
    That is so f'n cheap!! Just another way to get you to spend units on potions. Nice one Kabam!! They couldn't make it so it's 2.50% of your own health. Now I get it.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Bane helps you if you play well, it's just free damage to your opponent. Also, just read the description......
  • Options
    EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    Bane is easily avoidable if you struggle because of bane maybe you are not ready for it yet. Grow your roster a bit more and come back. act 5 is going nowhere. or you can plummet through with units.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    You have to learn timing. You can see when it's about to expire. Learn to time your attacks to where you immediately transfer it back over
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    At least Bane isn't an unavoidable degen node. With good timing like what others say, you can potentially pass Bane onto your opponent as soon as it gets transferred to you, essentially dealing no damage or 1 tick of damage to you.

Furthermore, Bane rewards you for good timing and playing skill by damaging your opponent. Let's say you have 15000 hp and bane is on the opponent, this damages them for 375 health per second, essentially leading up to 3750 damage if the entire bane expires. It may not exactly be a lot, but damage is still damage, and good play will definitely end the fight quicker and in fewer hits.

Have a look at this video by Dave, he teaches you the skills needed to counter this node. Best of luck!
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Bane is actually quite easy to deal with, you just have to play very slow and make sure the opponent doesn't have a special attack ready when the degen timer is about halfway through so you have time to bait and not have to take damage while the opponent's special attack animation in running