**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Degen in AW 15.0

JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
So you guys said your taking away thorns which was great an should of earned you brownie points with the community but then you go an add flare which is 100% unavoidable damage, to me that just seems so counter intuitive an has absolutely 0 counters to it, at least with thorns we had champs like bw, crossbones, elektra an other defensive ability reduction champs to deal with that node. So how many other awful nodes that make you take unavoidable damage are going to be in AW, are we going to see bane as well ???. Potions are not cheap in AW\AQ but then that's the points isn't it, you seem to be doing everything to completely remove skill based play an add more things to increase spending, the removal of defenders kills is going to get more allys to spend more with the penalty of giving the other team points for dying has been removed. Then we have 5 mini bosses an despite the diversity points (which you said are only a small amount) we are still going to see all the mystics nightmares with the odd splash of Spidey an icemen on them. Unavoidable damage is not fun an nobody wants it @Kabam Miike

How about we just cut to the chase an remove AW but instead just have an auction where each member of both teams bid for the shards, you guys are happy cos you get our money an were happy cos we don't have to deal with bs blatant money grabbing.

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Tbf flare wasn't that difficult in act 5
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Tbf flare wasn't that difficult in act 5

Not the most difficult but it's 100% unavoidable damage, in AW we only get 3 champs an revives an pots cost a considerable amount more, it's going to be great fun fighting a r4 5* Juggs with 5\5 MD on flare, yes you can do more damage but your still going to take a lot yourself even if you play perfect.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I thought flare gave you life steal on attacks as a way to deal with the degen, or was that a different node?

If so then I see this more as a way to heal up your champs rather than unavoidable damage.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I don't like unavoidable damage but this node at least has the attack boost. Last map had a no boost degen node (but the degen was probably weaker. Not sure)
    Grufty wrote: »
    I thought flare gave you life steal on attacks as a way to deal with the degen, or was that a different node?

If so then I see this more as a way to heal up your champs rather than unavoidable damage.

No flare is you +300% attack while having constant degen on you.
    The node your thinking about is called life transfer
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    So for guys who still have not started act 5(not me), what does it mean? In other words for the 70~80% of players ?
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    How about we just cut to the chase an remove AW but instead just have an auction where each member of both teams bid for the shards, you guys are happy cos you get our money an were happy cos we don't have to deal with bs blatant money grabbing.

Awesome Idea :p

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    0pTimus wrote: »
    So for guys who still have not started act 5(not me), what does it mean? In other words for the 70~80% of players ?

fight or die, with class advantage and parry + intercept, you can end fight in less than 30 hits with flare, Rouge can also heal a good chunk with her sp1. If you can't do it, prepare for lots and lots of revive

Be prepared to take unavoidable damage. Just think of having iceman with his cold snap on that node then taking more unavoidable damage from flare, I can the horror show already
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Use rogue for flare, her sp1 heals thousands with that attack boost. But yeah, it still is a **** move by kabam, can't say im surprised though.
    edited September 2017
    No everyone has Champions like Rogue/AA/GP/Hyperion etc, hell i am playing from last one year and i still dont have Ultron, DD (Either) , WS etc

All i see is $$$$$ & ka-ching written all over it.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    You won't see the mods commenting on stuff like this.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Raa wrote: »
    You won't see the mods commenting on stuff like this.

They only comment when there is a complement thread lol
  • EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    I love the fact we get flare. I thought that was a very interesting node in 5.1 and was not difficult to deal with at all. I hope to see the introduction of bane, to make it even more interesting. bane for me separates how well you can strategize and think in close situations. and atleast for me it was not difficult to deal with at all
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Integrate rogue into your war team, I haven't looked at the whole war map yet but if there is a path with lots of flare rogue will be godly since her health steal scales with attack. She's also good for all or nothing nodes especially now there's that boost that makes you start with one bar of power. Rogue was always a decent versatile attacker but with flare she's going to be seeing a lot more use. Even for thorns you had to bring certain champions in flare is no different other than being easier to deal with.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I expect that is just the tip of the iceberg. Expect bane, wouldn't be surprised if you see it on a sub boss.

You will run into mordo, cwbp, juggs, uc, on flare nodes. Anyone that causes matches to run longer.

Iceman and dormanu on extended debuff

Yondu on enhanced bleed

It's going to be a pleasure
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Did any of you actually thought kabam was changing the map to be more fun and interactive???
    I mean they literally said "let's just say "fun and interactive"" in actual quote signs. The only thing missing was the MUHAHAHAHAHA at the end!
    I know they said that about chapter 3 but if you think anything they do is for US than you might need to pinch yourselves really really hard to wake yourselves up now!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

flare is not that bad. All you have to do is bait since you get lifesteal
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Where did Kabam announce anything about the new AW map. Can someone please post a link?
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Where did Kabam announce anything about the new AW map. Can someone please post a link?

A video was released on their YouTube channel, sorry I don't have a link.
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

flare is not that bad. All you have to do is bait since you get lifesteal

This is what I thought, but someone above said I was referring to a different node and flare just gives you 300% attack and not the life steal.
    MikeHock wrote: »

https://youtu.be/eroAvZtoHok
    They said that there would be less links but the entire map looks like it's linked. It's confusing and looks like we can expect of power gain, unblockable sp, and tons of degen. It is what it is though we all have to play the map. Either you choose to do it or you don't. It does feel like this could be the end of war for me personally but time will tell
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    Did any of you actually thought kabam was changing the map to be more fun and interactive???
    I mean they literally said "let's just say "fun and interactive"" in actual quote signs. The only thing missing was the MUHAHAHAHAHA at the end!
    I know they said that about chapter 3 but if you think anything they do is for US than you might need to pinch yourselves really really hard to wake yourselves up now!

Truth is, they did their stats and weren't making enough money because people just went as far as they could and then quit without using items. They felt that this wasn't making enough hence the changes like no cost for deaths would encourage a user to use an item to move further up.

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Lol the old DS would have killed it in flare node total overkill