**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would a "Quarantine Crystal" be out of the question?

MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
edited April 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
In light of all that's going on around the world, the good folks over at Kabam could do something cool for the community by offering up a Quarantine crystal package of some sort? Maybe something with decent rank up materials – sig stones, Alpha Cats, T5B or the % of T5C? I could see a decently tiered price point with various items including these resources! The proceeds could go towards some emergency relief fund or similar effort. Or, if they are really feeling generous, they could recognize that a lot of people have been impacted by the decrease in labor, resulting in the loss of income, etc., and show how much they appreciate the community by providing a free crystal, rank up gem, Alpha Catalyst, etc? And NOT the crystals with trashy drop rates either! Something cool that would really help us along within the current meta of the game. Like, no one wants to pull a 5-star Kamala Khan, Iron Patriot, Iron Man (original) etc. Maybe a 2019 -20 crystal? Just a thought, as I sit here and find myself opening the game a lot more since we have to stay inside and out of work so can't really spend as freely as before.

Would a "Quarantine Crystal" be out of the question? 27 votes

Would you like to see a 5-star Quarantine crystal deal?
14% 4 votes
Would you like to see a 6-star Quarantine crystal deal?
7% 2 votes
Do you think we should receive a Quarantine gift?
77% 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020

Can you please stop glorifying a real crisis with already tens of thousands of dead people for the sake of your personal gain? Thank you.

Since you seem like the "shoot first"type.. I'll put this here...

"The proceeds could go towards some emergency relief fund or similar effort. "

You're Welcome
  • Options
    edited April 2020

MSpawn said:

Can you please stop glorifying a real crisis with already tens of thousands of dead people for the sake of your personal gain? Thank you.

You spend way more time rambling about what you'd like to get than on how this would help anyone actually affected by this.

This obviously is about your own personal gain. Saying it isn't is intellectually dishonest.

You want to help? Then donate.

But you don't want that. You want stuff.
    You sir, don't know if I have donated previously or not. Don't turn my suggestion into something negative because of your own perception. I continue to invest in this platform. It's a little more than just "wanting stuff" so please, don't turn this into that. And spend way more time? I merely made one post! This is the forum for that. Ignore if you don't agree!
  • Options
    That’s fine. You’re free to ignore the post.
  • Options

MSpawn said:

That’s fine. You’re free to ignore the post.

And you were free to not create it, but oh my would you look at the clock?
    It’s fine. Not as bothered by it as you. I understand the job of “trolls”
  • Options

MSpawn said:

You're Welcome
    Let's celebrate how millions are out of jobs by asking them to buy virtual goods. 👍 Where was your compassion when Australia was on fire? Or California on fire? Remember the vegas shooter killing 50 plus? Were you asking for stuff during these times of crisis?

Disasters happen on the regular. We don't need a virtual package to make a impact. Want to help? Buy real supplies and sew some masks, buy a 3D printer and help people make parts. Do something real and stop asking for something in return.
    All of you please, pump your breaks. This isn’t a political post. Clearly you’re making this into something it needs not be. Everyone is forced into the confines of their homes. My suggestion was merely to help augment entertainment while offering up suggestions on how proceeds could be applied in a meaningful way. Or for those that continue to use the platform as a source of entertainment, but really can’t afford to Indulge in spending right now, this could benefit. You guys that are making this out to be some kind of selfish gain are really off track. Now I’m not into having to explain myself to people that want to tell me what my intentions are or immediately go on attack. So I’m gonna stop the back and forth with you negative people right now. Forgive me if o don’t respond anymore and by all means, comment as negatively as you like to your hearts desire. But my post wasn’t intended to be what you are saying and I’ll stick to that. So you fellas have a mice day and stay healthy! Fight on!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    When you say "and show how much they appreciate the community by providing a free crystal, rank up gem, Alpha Catalyst, etc? And NOT the crystals with trashy drop rates either!" That's being selfish.

You want to make a impact, do something yourself. There's kids out there making tools for medical staff and sewing masks out of the goodness of their hearts and you want digital content due to the pandemic. Truly you can't actually think your idea is a good idea.
  • Options
    Sir, you are making a suggestion like you know what I do, have done or who I am. My suggestion was in response to the game. Real life is something different.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Doesn't matter. You're still wrong.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks
  • Options
    The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    Wow, who pissed in your cheerios? I'm with the OP in that you can just take a pass on his post. I read it, disagreed with it but that's where I leave it. Keyboard warriors are the worst.
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I can understand the incentive behind the post, being that we're locked in our homes for a while, but this doesn't seem like the right way to do it. Having a "quarantine crystal" just sounds like an excuse to make money on Kabam's part, not to mention disrespectful and insensitive to current issues.
    While OP does make a good point, it's not a very good way to go about it. Something like the energy calendar was simple, but smart, and helped those to have a small escape from times like these.
    However, it just seems wrong to ask for such a thing. Better to just help others desperately in need by donating to a charity than buying a bundle with the donations as an afterthought.
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    lol, since you open the game a lot more, wouldnt you be in less need of free stuff, given that you have more time to improve? also, you've prolly been told this a lot by now, but you are also being disrespectful by saying this.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Seriously people, you're taking the tone set by the initial commented response and running with it. I fully understand and am aware of what’s going on. Furthermore, the mention of quarantine is hardly something to be considered disrespectful or insensitive. It’s more or less a precautionary measure to help prevent the escalation of what’s going on in the outside world. Right or wrong? Voluntary or involuntary, please distinguish between what my suggestion originally was versus what a few negative responders have turned it into. Never mentioned what specifically was going on by name so kinda unfair to make that correlation as negative as you guys have. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect that. I just ask you all do the same. Also, there’s still the matter of this company operating as a business. Whether they sell regularly scheduled goods in general or thematically, they’ll still operate. As gamers here, don’t use this platform to personally attack people. Agree or disagree and just pass on! Everyone won’t think the same. I get that. But still won’t change what the goal of what the original post was. I’ve played this game for 5+ years. This is not a grab post. It’s a genuine suggestion. I’m starting to understand now why Kabam responds as such. Simply amazing.
  • Options
    You guys keep itemizing the post and can’t see the forest for the trees here. I’m sure doing a one-off would break the game right? Again, don’t use this as a chance to attack someone’s ideas. Maybe hop on over to the real internet and see where the real insensitivity happens. Smh
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Good morning all, I slept on the original post and you know, you all were right. Maybe I should’ve suggested a Product (RED) crystal with applicable, relevant contents instead. Oh wait, that may be just as bad. How dare they partner with companies to do something similar. Have a good day all! ;)
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    MSpawn said:

Good morning all, I slept on the original post and you know, you all were right. Maybe I should’ve suggested a Product (RED) crystal with applicable, relevant contents instead. Oh wait, that may be just as bad. How dare they partner with companies to do something similar. Have a good day all! ;)

Kabam will never do a quarantine crystal because, you might not see this, but attempting to benefit off pandemics is tacky, selfish, and would cause a huge backlash in the media, kinda like what happened to you.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    This isn't an issue such as HIV/AIDS, Cancer, or any other similar longstanding cause. This is an unprecedented epidemic that has the likings of The Great Bubonic Plague. There are serious prejudices and global divisions occurring as a result of everything going on. Life is shutting down to an essential minimum. People are living in constant fear, not to mention the hands of a crocodile from obsessive washing. Okay, so that last bit I added. The point is, it's not something to be taken lightly, and it's certainly not cause to commemorate in a game. It's an entirely sensitive subject. While I appreciate your intentions were to help, it's difficult to reasonably do that given the current state of the world. It's like having a McVirus Meal.
  • Options
    This is the stupidest argument ever it would be a little insensitive to do a quarantine reward or gift or whatever but stop making a big deal about it. There is no good reason to be arguing about whether the person has compassion and argue about people taking advantage its just stupid to do this so enough a gift would not be the worst thing so great whatever
  • Options
    Plus I love that this went from whether there should be quarantine stuff to arguing about this whole thing
  • Options
    Lol I also love how this has turned out to be about pandemics and the Coronavirus. I merely said Quarantine meaning, some gamers - since now “confined” to their homes, will game more! So would it not be a good opportunity for Kabam to aid in helping out as well, and allow the community to pitch in a little by having a “deal” where the proceeds went towards aiding on some front in this crisis? Now because I didn’t elaborate on it, and focused on the specifics of what the “possible” contents of the deal could be, the initial commenter immediately chimed in and changed the entire sentiment of what the actual idea really was about. Haha, these guys don’t realize they’re all bent out of shape for absolutely no reason at all.
  • Options

MSpawn said:

Kabam will never do a quarantine crystal because, you might not see this, but attempting to benefit off pandemics is tacky, selfish, and would cause a huge backlash in the media, kinda like what happened to you.

So dense
  • Options

This isn't an issue such as HIV/AIDS, Cancer, or any other similar longstanding cause. This is an unprecedented epidemic that has the likings of The Great Bubonic Plague. There are serious prejudices and global divisions occurring as a result of everything going on. Life is shutting down to an essential minimum. People are living in constant fear, not to mention the hands of a crocodile from obsessive washing. Okay, so that last bit I added. The point is, it's not something to be taken lightly, and it's certainly not cause to commemorate in a game. It's an entirely sensitive subject. While I appreciate your intentions were to help, it's difficult to reasonably do that given the current state of the world. It's like having a McVirus Meal.

Ahhh but you see, this isn't about what we "feel" is a more important situation than the other. Or is it? They're all still affecting people, longstanding or not. That's not my point though. My point is to show how companies "offer" themed products allowing people to "buy" them in order to help out a cause on whatever front they choose. Are the people who needed or just wanted said items selfish or inconsiderate? What about the company selling them? Countless efforts to help immediate victims of natural disasters happen all the time. The ideas to do those things started somewhere! Just saying. And McVirus meal? Lol. C'mon man... Apples & Oranges
This discussion has been closed.