**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To whoever designed the rework on Hulkbuster...

InxInx Posts: 115
Inspired, absolutely inspired and genius. Such an incredible and perfect balance of offense and defense, efficiency and creativity. Thank you!

As someone who regularly likes to think of ways to rework champs for fun, I can honestly say I would of had absolutely no idea on how to start or what angle to come at him. His game mechanics are just brilliant. Some champs are no brainers when you anchor them to a theme or their character history/design, but seeing past Hulkbuster as merely a bulky and defensive behemoth into an absolutely savage and offensive juggernaut, just beautiful, absolutely beautiful. He just looks like a joy to play and it just works so so well with his character from all stand points, again what a beautiful marriage between offense, defense, character history, gameplay, feel and theme. Just a work of art, really, really, really beautiful rework.

Brilliant work by the the developers. Definitely on par with Colossus rework or even better in its own unique way. You did it again kudos 100, keep up the beautiful work.

PS Only suggestion, give that man some prestige lol

PPS Ignore the haters

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I was originally doubting a bit but by god this is extremely impressive this is on the level of colossus for me extremely impressive damage
  • InxInx Posts: 115
    mbrace said:

He’s nowhere near Colossus. A 4/55 Colossus takes down RoL WS in 100 hits in average. It takes Hulkbuster over 200 hits.

Yea I know, but I think as a rework Hulkbusters changes and mechanics make more sense, thematically. I love colossus, but he just stacks armor and hits harder and that makes sense, but Hulkbusters changes just seem more creative. So creatively I don’t think theyre that far apart in terms of thought that went into their rework. Just seems like a little more love went into Hulkbuster lol.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    If the beta carry’s over to the main server, I’ll max out my 5* ASAP.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    He's pretty dope now. Just about solo'd a 6.2.1 lifecycle path with him. Obviously couldn't get SS down with him.

The sig ability is awesome. I forgot to check how it scales up though. But, there's crazy Regen from that.

One of the biggest factors in his damage is from the heavy chaining. You can get huge attack boosts from that. Not sure if they'll nerf it. Either way he's still pretty nice without that tactic.

Looking forward to testing out my 6* come June.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

He’s nowhere near Colossus. A 4/55 Colossus takes down RoL WS in 100 hits in average. It takes Hulkbuster over 200 hits.

really? I saw a maxed 5/65 sig200 with full suicides on doing WS in 61 hits....
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    really impressive, but i would like to see his sp3 as like he fought hulk in avengers: age of ultron "GO TO SLEEP" style... remaining animations & damage output is ok...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    ẞlооd said:

The sig ability is awesome. I forgot to check how it scales up though. But, there's crazy Regen from that.

I believe at sig 200 the heal is about 45% of base health.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

mbrace said:

really? I saw a maxed 5/65 sig200 with full suicides on doing WS in 61 hits....
    He is talking about an r4 and you are looking at an r5. For reference an r5 Colossus can take him down in around 40 hits. You do need some RNG. That being said I do really like it so far. He also might make my new 6* BP a bit more viable lol.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    What's new about him?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    i wouldn't overhype him just yet, in the video by seatin he did lots of damage cause hulkbuster was able to keep spamming heavies and keep building up shocks and increase attack rating. Without being able to spam heavies his damage may not be as great as we have seen. Of course, it's definitely better than what it is currently haha.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

Colossus is still a lot better. I agree. But HB can do some work. I dont know how his playstyle will work vs hard nodes yet but we will see.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

mbrace said:

This is very attack chain dependent. I've been testing Hulkbuster with a couple of different attack strategies, and a relatively simple one that I think most players could do uses opportunistic Parry-Heavy folding in SP1 for the armor break and the stun. It is not a very aggressive strategy like some of the ones I've seen using power lock and cornering, but it is not bad: here is my 4/55 beta HB (also not my best WS fight because recording beta sessions seems to be lagging up my phone something awful) bringing down WS in 141 hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BUAUX9TjNA
    Not the most skillful take down, but it is something I think most players could reasonably do with Hulkbuster. I also found someone who did bring down WS with 4/55 Colossus in about 100 hits (106 to be precise):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OdDiw0B84
    However, that Colossus is running suicides and also has class advantage. You could argue that running suicides is part of the benefit of Colossus' design, but class advantage is a non-representative advantage. In that fight it increases attack by about 24% (2828+689). Without class advantage that 106 hit run would be closer to 132 hits. Which suggests that in a class-neutral fight Hulkbuster is dealing comparable damage to Colossus given the two playstyles shown above (because again: both champs' damage vary significantly depending on how you construct your attack chains). And I would consider that run to be something that requires knowledge of how HB works, but not really a lot of skill to execute. Optimal attack sequences seem to be doing substantially more damage.

Damage-wise at least, if you can keep shock going and especially stack it, HB is putting out very respectable damage on beta at the moment, and it is damage that I think most players would actually see, as opposed to damage that requires a very high skill level to unlock.
    That is actuly not true. The class advantage doesnt give him + 24% damage.
    His damage comes from both his abilities to gain a fury and do more damage while using heavys and SPs / max + 12.782 on R5 (which is base damage and wont be increased by suicides or class advantage)

This means class advantage gives him ~ 4,4% more damage.
  • Cr7ms7rs7Cr7ms7rs7 Posts: 52
    I think both Colossus and hb are awesome
    In their own way both work very well against various nodes and both have crazy damage but I think hb is bit more useful than Colossus in various matchups
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Comparing Hulkbuster And Colossus is like comparing apples and oranges. For one they’re in opposite classes so there’s an immediate difference in the usual theme of their abilities.
    Secondly, Colossus is primarily a plug and play damage champ with his main utility being that he’s a Havok counter and when in a full synergy team he can usually close out fights before the AI reaches an SP3. Hulkbuster on the other hand is a an out and out power control champ with a fairly tight burst damage cycle with his pseudo suicide immunities.

You would probably draw better comparisons between Cap/Colossus in terms of play style and Hulkbuster to Magik or DV in terms of how they’re played than Colossus/HB.

From what I’ve seen I’d say he’s R5 worthy. Probably wouldn’t R3 him though.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I’ve done a WS takedown with 5/65 colossus no suicides in 30 hits. Colossus is far better then HB beta and also more useable in Endgame content.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

I’ve done a WS takedown with 5/65 colossus no suicides in 30 hits. Colossus is far better then HB beta and also more useable in Endgame content.

Hits on RoL WS doesn’t make a champion good or bad. He’s literally just a punching bag, that’s all. He doesn’t even have an SP3. That’s like saying I’m a Level 10 Black Belt in MMA because I’m really good at hitting a punching bag.
    Yeah that wasn’t my point. Colossus is actually really good in act 6 (I use mine all the time) and I use him in AW to great effect. I mentioned the WS takedown because everyone’s saying they did it in 100ish hits which actually isn’t that good if you know how to play colossus.
  • Cr7ms7rs7Cr7ms7rs7 Posts: 52
    Damage wise Colossus is better but for utility hb is much better option than Colossus power drain, armor up,unblockable sps and not to mention that additional 5 sec unblockable after sp3 which can be so much useful against autoblock champs. Utility wise hb is much better option than Colossus
This discussion has been closed.