**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake's ability clarification

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

@GroundedWisdom There are exactly two champs who are concussion immune: AA and Emma Frost

Incorrect, theres also mysterio!
    I just realized that. Pulled him recently, still getting to exploring him. Lol.
    Theres also another... Old man logan after his buff
    Awesome. Pulled him as well. I'm trying to remember all the times my Evade failed. It's drawing a blank ATM.
  • Options
    SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom quake can evade regardless of whether the opponent is debuff immune.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

@GroundedWisdom There are exactly two champs who are concussion immune: AA and Emma Frost

Incorrect, theres also mysterio!
    Ah, my bad! I don't have Mysterio yet, so I'm not familiar with him
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom quake can evade regardless of whether the opponent is debuff immune.

She can't Evade with True Strike. I've had Evade Failed with her. Just trying to remember the Champs I was fighting.
  • Options
    Man, I understand your point of view but I ll give you another example: a few months ago I noticed that X23 bleeding is limited of 5 stacks only... but in her description doesn’t say anything about that.. well, I asked kabam why and they answer that the x23 has the highest bleeding of the game ... (I didn’t agree with this because there are Dominos bleeding for example)... the end of the history: they didn’t change the description, they didn’t change her to take more stacks and nothing happened 👍
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’m seeing a lot of Mysterio and OML in here. Just wondering if their immunity to AAR makes them immune to the concussion debuff or not? As in, it applies but doesn’t do anything. Because if that’s the case, Quake would still be able to do them according to her description
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

She can't Evade with True Strike. I've had Evade Failed with her. Just trying to remember the Champs I was fighting.
    True strike/accuracy as well as similar machanics will counter her evade. Also slow debuffs or daar.

True strike(esque) definitive quake counters:
    - imiw
    - night thrasher
    - moleman
    - ghost
    - iceman (awakened)
    - vision aarkus

Daar (semi-)definitive quake counters:
    - black widow (awakened)
    - agent venom
    - elektra (circumstantial)
    - crossbones (circumstantial)
    - domino (circumstantial)

Now just to stir the pot a little (by the way my stance is that they should just update her description and be done with it) here's a list of counters if quake was working according to her description:
    - emma frost
    - mysterio
    - old man logan
    - agent venom
    - kingpin
    - archangel
    - longshot
    - taskmaster (circumstantial)
    - og ultron (awakened) (technically through oaar)
    - warlock (technically through oaar)

And as to nodes there's currently really only true strike or things that provide daar. But according to her description she should (semi-)definitively be counter by stuff like:
    - masochism
    - mighty charge 2(?)
    - debuff shrug off chance
    - debuff immunity
    - aar immunity

(All that is from the top of my head, so please feel free to either add to this or correct me. I also didn't include powergain champs/nodes, since I was only looking at how quake works and how she's described to work and what implications come from that.)

I'm pretty sure kabam knows exactly how she works and since she's working that way for so long I'd honestly be shocked to see them fix her one day. Again, I really think they should update her description, since this certainly causes more confusion for players than an updated 1* colossus ever could.
    Alot of research and information in this post, seeing it from all sides! thank you!
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited April 2020

A childish post. Don't try to create a problem because you don't own a champion

I think your post is childish instead, and I think that if this post generates a problem for you, you should have a really sad life. I feel sorry for you.
  • Options

Nowhere in her abilities does it say she can ONLY evade an opponent under the effects of a concussion debuff. It just says that she WILL evade against champs with a concussion debuff. She will also evade against any basic attacks while charging her heavy attack regardless of whether or not the opponent is under a concussion effect.

But the last part is not specified anywhere, right?
  • Options
    Alienated said:

@simolaz is "senior" kabam CEO

I would make more money than I actually do... XD
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Charging heavy inflicts concussion are the exact words.

Evades all basic attacks against opponents with concussion are the exact words.

It doesn’t say “charging heavy inflicts concussion debuff.” Just says it inflicts concussion, which is what happens. So she’s working as described.

So now that we know that the concussion debuff icon that appears on regular nodes is inconsistent with her description and actual gameplay, it should be removed immediately, as it puts attackers at a disadvantage since defenders get to regenerate off of it by using willpower.

It shouldn’t even be there, as her description and gameplay on debuff immune nodes attest to.
  • Options

simolaz said:

Nowhere in her abilities does it say she can ONLY evade an opponent under the effects of a concussion debuff. It just says that she WILL evade against champs with a concussion debuff. She will also evade against any basic attacks while charging her heavy attack regardless of whether or not the opponent is under a concussion effect.

But the last part is not specified anywhere, right?
    Nope it isn't. Her description states that she will evade all basic attacks as long as the opponent is suffering from a concussion.

Now, the funny thing is that she does also actually do that. When you get the timed concussion from her aftershock she does evade all basic attacks as long as that one's active, so it's apparently not as simple as her ability working in a way that she simply evades incoming basic attacks when she's charging a heavy attack.

She actually does both of those things, so that would be the nessecary addition to her description. Something along the lines of: "Additionally Quake evades all incoming basic attacks as long as she's charging a heavy attack."
    Yeah, I think that this should be the point.
    I mean, I am not claiming a nerf for Quake like some stupid child think. As everybody, I rely on my mates using Quake to overcome the Flow tactic, and the last thing I want is Quake not being Quake anymore.

I think that for the sake of clarity a text line should be added to her description.
  • Options
    Rektor said:

Charging heavy inflicts concussion are the exact words.

Evades all basic attacks against opponents with concussion are the exact words.

It doesn’t say “charging heavy inflicts concussion debuff.” Just says it inflicts concussion, which is what happens. So she’s working as described.

So now that we know that the concussion debuff icon that appears on regular nodes is inconsistent with her description and actual gameplay, it should be removed immediately, as it puts attackers at a disadvantage since defenders get to regenerate off of it by using willpower.

It shouldn’t even be there, as her description and gameplay on debuff immune nodes attest to.

But if you play against “concussion immune” characters, does she evade?
    One of the first comments says that she evades also against concussion immune champs...
  • Options

There's a lot of weird stuff going on in champion descriptions. I think kabam staff should sit down for a few evenings and sort those out.

They could even ask the community to help. I'd be glad to put together those I know of.

Most of them are just a matter of clarification (mostly regarding active and passive effects) and some are like quake who's genuinely missing a whole line of description according to how she was apparently intentionally coded to behave.

I think you got the point.
    I’m not saying she doesn’t behave as intended. I’m saying there is a line missing.

Quake is out since 2016, and seems like she always worked this way. It is obvious that she must behave this way.

What I’m saying is that the description needs a clarification. And from what I get, I think you agree with that.
  • Options

I’m seeing a lot of Mysterio and OML in here. Just wondering if their immunity to AAR makes them immune to the concussion debuff or not? As in, it applies but doesn’t do anything. Because if that’s the case, Quake would still be able to do them according to her description

I can't tell you exactly what happens, but when using quake against archangel, who is immune to aar the same way those two are, the concussion does not apply and it in fact says "immune" on his side of the screen. She does still evade him of course.

I'd expect the same to happen for OML and mysterio.
    That makes sense. I think it’s worth noting that magik’s description doesn’t state that her specials don’t give the opponent power, so who knows what’s going on with early 2015/16 descriptions

• Options

I can't tell you exactly what happens, but when using quake against archangel, who is immune to aar the same way those two are, the concussion does not apply and it in fact says "immune" on his side of the screen. She does still evade him of course.

That makes sense. I think it’s worth noting that magik’s description doesn’t state that her specials don’t give the opponent power, so who knows what’s going on with early 2015/16 descriptions

Does it not? It does in the german version of the game.

Her sig ability description needs an overhaul, though.
    Even in the italian one it is stated.
  • Options

Ignore me, I’m talking rubbish