**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The cost for T2 Alpha is absolutely ridiculous

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
So I am finally at the point where I have enough T4 to get my five star hero to rank 4 and suddenly I see this nonsense . Four T2 alphas !? How the hell am I suppose to get this? They are ridiculously expensive at the store

It would take more 6000 glory to buy one. So I thought hey maybe Arenas have them but no it’s only T1alphas.
The acts ? The monthly quests gives a measly 3600 pieces and that’s with full expiration on master level. Finishing act 4 apparently gives you 5 T2 alpha pieces but I need stronger champions to finish act 4 and I can’t get them due to lack of T2 Alphas

This is so frustrating that the game gives you this ceiling that you can’t break through with T4 catalysts at least there is a proper it albeit a slow way.! But this? This is absolutely ridiculous . And please spare me the “ back in my day we only had 4 star champs or some guy on YouTube can do anything with. 3 star champ. I get it you are a great player . I am not. But this game shouldn’t be just fornexperts who put a ton of time and money into it

There is slow process like T4 catalysts you need . I did my time with them and spends months getting but then there is the absolutely ridiculous situation with the T2 alpha catalysts

Please for gods sake tell me of a normal non insane way to get T2 alphas because I am so tired of this unpleasant way they are grinding my progress to a halt . I am really frustrated with this game already

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    And if u do decide to do act 5.2 u wil get 7.2k frag from the glory stor just a tip
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I actually have 4 T2A all from the 15 unit gifting crystals. I had 2 or 3 T2A in overflow waiting till I got the high enough level so I could fit all of them. I have not even considered R4ing a 5 star yet. I have no need for it currently and the fact that u need a r4 to explore act 4 is pretty ridiculous
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Woah I just checked my old screenshots. I had 5.1 maxed out without a rank4 5*. I didn't even had a rank4 for the collector, only a r3 of cap marvel 😄
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    4* r4 symbiote spiderman and 3* SW is what i had to work with to clear act 4 initially, they also made some paths easier in act4 not to long ago too. Way easier now
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Um, 6000 glory is not that much. Play map 5 and you get more than that in 2 AQ cycles. At least I do and that’s what we run. Prestige would factor into it but not that much

Also, if you can’t beat Act 4 without a R4, the rank of your champions isn’t the problem here
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    100% act 4 gives you 4 t2a.... Just saying.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    You’re level 50 and you’re crying about t2a? Let me guess at 52 you’ll cry cause you don’t have a team of r3 6*? This is a game of patience. Relax and progress like others have
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    lol ease up boys and girls .. i definitely understand the frustration .. i wish i had a 5* when i completed Act 4 though lol .. still some of the resources are overpriced but that's the nature of the game and how the cookie crumbles. go for exploration in most story or event content OR buckle down and pay.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

It’s part of the game design. With the cost of top tier resources being so high, it puts huge importance on your rank up decisions. If you want a game that you can play for 2-3 months and be in the end-game, this isn’t the one for you I’m afraid..

Sounds like a new account challenge for Brian Grant haha
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

JessieS said:

So I am finally at the point where I have enough T4 to get my five star hero to rank 4 and suddenly I see this nonsense . Four T2 alphas !? How the hell am I suppose to get this? They are ridiculously expensive at the store

It would take more 6000 glory to buy one. So I thought hey maybe Arenas have them but no it’s only T1alphas.
    The acts ? The monthly quests gives a measly 3600 pieces and that’s with full expiration on master level. Finishing act 4 apparently gives you 5 T2 alpha pieces but I need stronger champions to finish act 4 and I can’t get them due to lack of T2 Alphas

This is so frustrating that the game gives you this ceiling that you can’t break through with T4 catalysts at least there is a proper it albeit a slow way.! But this? This is absolutely ridiculous . And please spare me the “ back in my day we only had 4 star champs or some guy on YouTube can do anything with. 3 star champ. I get it you are a great player . I am not. But this game shouldn’t be just fornexperts who put a ton of time and money into it

There is slow process like T4 catalysts you need . I did my time with them and spends months getting but then there is the absolutely ridiculous situation with the T2 alpha catalysts

Please for gods sake tell me of a normal non insane way to get T2 alphas because I am so tired of this unpleasant way they are grinding my progress to a halt . I am really frustrated with this game already

This is a prime example of why getting 5 or 6's early is bad for new players. You think because you can get them, they are easy to rank up.

There should be a mandatory tutorial for newer players explaining rankings and resource management in more detail.

Complete the content, get the rewards. Act 4 gives you T2A. Join a AQ alliance and you'll get more T2A shards.

Lastly, stop being impatient. Ask the community questions instead of posting guns blazing. You're only going to be ridiculed and no one will help you.

Perfect! Nothing more needs to be said
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre is totally correct

Worst thing this game did was make it too easy to get 4-stars, because then you start pulling 5-star materials too quickly

I am not gonna knock the OP because now is the environment they understand but they don't understand what it was like trying to clear Act 4 with a 3-star Daredevil for Maestro and, what, 1/3 of the roster
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    You dont need 4/55's for act 4
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    OP isn't wrong about the price of t2a but there is always something that will be alimiting factor in the game economy.,

As most said in here already OP, you are probably not at the stage you should need to rank 4 a 5* if you're still having to explore act 4. It is a side effect of the ease with which players just joinging the game can get top champs in the last year, and so when they hit a wall (skill or pay) there is frustration.

Hopefully OP takes the advice in here in good humour, and realise they still have a lot of content to clear before they need to max any champ yet.

In doing that OP you'll get the skill you need to move on to the next level (become uncollected, complete act 5, join an alliance that does map 4& % etc).
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    For a moment I thought OP was right until I saw Act 4 ... :)
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    T2a is very available. I’m constantly overflowing in it and I don’t buy it in the store.

The difference is I’m working through Act VI not Act IV or V. The rank up materials act as gates that only increase in availability as you work your way up the ladder in the game. If you are in the earlier stages in the game it should be a barrier. That’s how these games work. This way you play with champs at levels somewhat near what the content was intended too(even then most have access to over leveled champs for the content these days at lower levels).

I remember when the access to t4b was super difficult to put it into perspective. Grinding out Act IV and ROL just for the ability to R4 a 4*. Then when t4cc was the barrier for everyone getting those r5 4*. Would take months to get there.

These gates will always exist and truth is right now t2a is more available then ever. But you need to be in the right stage of the game and be playing the right content(like map 6 for instance).
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Hehe you think that's expensive? That's their Price after *5 or 6 Price Reductions* since the Glory Store was introduced, focus on getting Uncollected and once you do you will get More Fragments for the same price. You'll be able to get 2 T2 Alpha each week
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    edited April 2020
    No offense but your trash if u cant complete act 4 learn parry and dex
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Created a new account in dec. currently at level 54 with act 4 100%, complete act 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3. 100% last 3 master level of eq and complete of UC eq. Between the story questing, monthly quest, mole man quest, and glory store, I have enough t2a to r4 three 5*. You just have to complete more difficult contents if you want more t2a.