**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please remove gold from the game

AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
I know you sell gold crystals , but other than that gold serves no purpose rather than always falling short and having to wait to rank up champs due to it being scarce

And why is the amount of gold gained in the game everywhere so paltry ? Looks like the gold amounts were designed when 1/2*s were the meta.

Eveything has evolved except the gold u can farm from the game WITHOUT DOING ARENA...

Please remove gold as a requirement for rank up or increase ingame gold from all sources to atleast 10x current value.

Gold is the least game breaking , shouldn’t be an issue

Comments

• HaveasyHaveasy Posts: 84
    1 2nd this. I do not run arenas so gold is very hard to come by for me.
  • DizzydDizzyd Posts: 6
    I’ve felt this way for a long time. In the beginning you couldn’t come close to spending gold and couldn’t understand why we got so much but as you progress in the game it becomes the one resource that you can never have enough of. Not being able to rank a champ up sucks when you have no gold cause you spend it all on treasury to be able to access AQ to gain more resources YOU CANT USE. You finish a varient and get a rank up gem but wait, no gold to actually use the gem. Maybe a free gold quest a month would be a solution? Not sure but something needs to be done
  • SealT6SealT6 Posts: 5
    100%
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wtf- so how are we ranking up champs? The only other way would be just rank up as you see fit when you have catalyst and ISO and that would be crazy. Everyone would crush level up, SA, there is a reason you place a cap on things. Gold is one of them. Next you’re gonna say “let’s remove iso and just rank up with catalysts”. There’s nothing wrong with gold, just run arena to milestone 3 that’s all you need. That takes 15 minutes a day, for 3 runs at most.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Every couple months they run a gold quest/arena. For example, this month we have the los mercs for gold event
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Incursions = great gold source.

Anyhow, this request will certainly not be granted. Gold is integral to progression.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Wait, there is a problem with gold? Since when?
  • Even if gold was to be removed, then what? What would most likely happen is that they would increase every other resource needed, make specific amounts of iso types and rarity a must, and ranking champs would become difficult for some other reason that people won't be happy with
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Okaythen said:

Wait, there is a problem with gold? Since when?

Since people decided to not work for it
    That depends, I don't work for gold but I still get a good amount of it for the champions that i need to rank up and upgrade.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    Money serves no purpose, lets remove money from earth, so that we all can have Lamborghini!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Why do I have to work for something ?

That's ... a point.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    I may not be the most competitive in this game, but in the two years I’ve played, completely ftp, not once have I had a gold problem. There is a number of different modes you can earn gold from, be it aq, aw, eq, arena and now the boosts from incursions. They throw the random quests every couple months meant to give you a boost, and at various points of the year, there’s a gold boost you can usually count on. And if you’re spending, you have even more opportunity to get gold from the sigil or any number of deals. If you’re not looking to grind it out, then I’d recommend slowing down and only rank up champs when you absolutely need to or when a level up event is on, then you get rewards, and if you level enough, you get some gold back.

To me, the incursions just brought a whole new element to increasing gold intake that wasn’t previously utilized as effectively in dungeons, so I’m definitely glad I can take advantage of that.

That’s my take. It may not be popular, and again I’m not the most competitive out there, but to me, I have yet to experience this gold problem that seems to be so widely claimed 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Why do I have to work for something ? Why can’t the game just be enjoyed without the grind for something as useless as gold ? Just bump the amount of gold to 10x from all ingame sources

Recently I sold dupe iso to farm gold , but now I have no iso to rank up champs , what stupidity is this ?

If you need it to Rank your Champs, it can't be that useless. Also, asking them to remove it because you keep running out is like throwing out the glass because you drank the water.
This discussion has been closed.