**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I'm back.

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I stopped playing MCOC a year ago (which meant I stopped going on this site) but now in this quarantine period, I'm bored and want to return. So can anyone update me on what's happened in 2020 so far in MCOC? Which new champions are good, what new modes are there, and have the rewards gotten buffed? Thanks.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Any input would be helpful!
    MrR0b0t said:

Hulkbuster and collossus are great now lol

Oh cool. I have Colossus as a 5 star and I've never ranked him up so I guess now would be a good time to. I remember I got Blade when he first came out and I was so happy. Is he still one of the best champions in the game?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

Oh cool. I have Colossus as a 5 star and I've never ranked him up so I guess now would be a good time to. I remember I got Blade when he first came out and I was so happy. Is he still one of the best champions in the game?
    He’s not as good, but he’s still good in the current meta. But yeah, Colossus is one of the best mutants in game now, kinda crazy huh?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Then man...the myth...the legend...unit man
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

blade is still great, but he is not really the best anymore

MrR0b0t said:

He’s not as good, but he’s still good in the current meta. But yeah, Colossus is one of the best mutants in game now, kinda crazy huh?
    Aw man, the prime of my MCOC "career" was packing Blade first try out of his featured 5 star hero crystal, but I guess that's just how it is. Well at least Colossus is now great, he used to be unusable lol.

• the entirety of act 6 is out
    • there is a new quest called the abyss of legends that provides top-tier resources
    • there are now R3 6 stars
    • 5/65's are super common now
    • there are obviously a lot of new champs
    • COWhale quit
    Post your roster for some advice
    Wow this is exactly what I needed, thank you so much. I am excited to delve into act 6! I will post my roster in a future thread to get some more advice.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★

I stopped playing MCOC a year ago (which meant I stopped going on this site) but now in this quarantine period, I'm bored and want to return. So can anyone update me on what's happened in 2020 so far in MCOC? Which new champions are good, what new modes are there, and have the rewards gotten buffed? Thanks.

Welcome back
    H_I_Z said:

Welcome back
    Thanks!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Abyss of legends, act 6 is done. R3 6*s.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

As far as stuff that happened: just recently we had 3 maintenances in a week. One time there was a bug where you would have to repeat a fight after you beat it whoch caused major issues. There was a whole scandal about the 2019 gifting event.

As far as stuff that has changed:
    • Dr Doom is the AQ boss now and there are doombots. As far as AW, the flow global got buffed and is pretty messed up. You missed when Siphon was making everybody mad.
    • There was also a glory store buff, an AW season reward buff, Act 1 rewards got buffed, Colossus got buffed an hulkbuster is getting buffed.

As far as champs: Cap Marvel (movie), Nick fury, Annihilus, Human torch, Ronin, Cull Obsidian, Ebony Maw, Namor, Invisible Woman, Stealth suit spiderman, Mysterio, Sunspot, Warlock, Black Widow (Claire Voyant), Vision Aarkus, Elsa Bloodstone, Man-Thing, Guillotine 2099, Dr Doom, Mr Fantastic, Squirrel Girl, Nova, Longshot, Mojo, Moleman, Terrax, Storm (Pyramid X) and Sorcerer Supreme have been released.

Miscellaneous Stuff:
    • Act 6 has all been released and Act 7 (Book 2 Act 1) is going into beta soon.
    • Champion balances may cause newer champs to be slightly buffed or nerfed.
    • You no longer have to do RTTL to access LOL. • The Abyss of legends is basically the new labyrinth but with 1.5 - 3 million healthpools.
    • The summor sigil (an mcoc subscription service for 10$ a month) has been released.
    • There are 3 more variants which have gotten easier by release.
    • Still no cavalier difficulty.
    • Dungeons are gone! Incursions have replaced them.
    • Login calendars got buffed.
    • There are new daily and weekly objectives.
    • Prestige is now shown on your profile.
    • Tier 5 class catalysts are the new top resource.
    • A lot of new champs have changed the prestige leaderboard.
    • Champs are now default sorted by hero rating.
    • 4 stars are still banned from act 6.
    • You have to wait 8 days before uou can donate to an alliance treasury.
    There's a bunch more but I'll comment later. Let us know if you need help!

Holy cow, thank you so much for your time writing this all up. This is incredibly helpful.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

As far as champs: Cap Marvel (movie), Nick fury, Annihilus, Human torch, Ronin, Cull Obsidian, Ebony Maw, Namor, Invisible Woman, Stealth suit spiderman, Mysterio, Sunspot, Warlock, Black Widow (Claire Voyant), Vision Aarkus, Elsa Bloodstone, Man-Thing, Guillotine 2099, Dr Doom, Mr Fantastic, Squirrel Girl, Nova, Longshot, Mojo, Moleman, Terrax, Storm (Pyramid X) and Sorcerer Supreme have been released.

To expand a bit, if you want to know which champs have been released in a particular calendar year, and for that matter if you want see what their stats and abilities are, the place to go is the AuntM.AI site. For example, if you go to the Champions section and select the 2020 filter you get a list of all the champs released in 2020.

If you want to see Kabam's spotlight announcements for champions, they put those all into their own forum section so you don't have to search for them: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/champion-spotlights. Those include spotlights related to champions that have been rebalanced or buffed.

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    FF4 finally joined the game last year, we finally got squirrel girl i know that is nuts(pun intended).

Sorcerer Supreme and Pyramid X are champs from Mroc the next game that is being launched this year and they will have crossovers.

Dont have to really play Mroc if you dont want, its not a requirement. Also 6.2.6 is hard and Grandmaster is the final boss of Act 6 also Entropy is locked in a prison somewhere and we havent seen the last of him.
    DNA3000 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

To expand a bit, if you want to know which champs have been released in a particular calendar year, and for that matter if you want see what their stats and abilities are, the place to go is the AuntM.AI site. For example, if you go to the Champions section and select the 2020 filter you get a list of all the champs released in 2020.

If you want to see Kabam's spotlight announcements for champions, they put those all into their own forum section so you don't have to search for them: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/champion-spotlights. Those include spotlights related to champions that have been rebalanced or buffed.

Great, thanks!