Options

Next update make AW opponent viewable

Can I request Kabam please make AW opponent viewable in the next coming updates ?

Sometimes we spent the whole 20 hours placing defenders + discussing strategy and when the war starts our opponent placing none.

Comments

• Options
    Huh ? (actually thought from Title it was gonna be about seeing opponents during attack, for those in high enough Tiers where they are all “Mystery” opponents until you fight them)...

Are you wanting to see (in real time, during the whole 1 day placement), who your opponent is putting on the defensive nodes (or I guess in higher tiers, at least that there is a mystery champ there and not just still an empty node) ??

In order to see, while you are still placing yours, that the opponent is also at least placing champs on defense ? To avoid actually bothering with rest of your defense if opponents look like they are all gonna be missing ?
  • Options
    cherascheras Posts: 112
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I want to be able to view defenders they placed and also be able to see who they are.

* today I am so disappointed to discover my AW opponent did not place even 1 defender while our team spent almost 20 hours discussing in LINE APP on placing defenders.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Yes, I want to be able to view defenders they placed and also be able to see who they are.

* today I am so disappointed to discover my AW opponent did not place even 1 defender while our team spent almost 20 hours discussing in LINE APP on placing defenders.

why complain about your opponents not placing defenders lol, you guys should be celebrating an easy victory haha.
  • Options

why complain about your opponents not placing defenders lol, you guys should be celebrating an easy victory haha.

Because I want to play, I hate seeing empty field .
  • Options

You wanna work hard, potentially use up alot of revives and pots vs using up zero revives and pots to earn the same rewards? up to you i guess.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★★

What the opponent does or doesn't do is not your concern. You did your part, now just go and take the win and prepare for the next war!
  • Options
    edited April 2020

What the opponent does or doesn't do is not your concern. You did your part, now just go and take the win and prepare for the next war!
    If AW opponent viewable in advance (empty field), I place 1 star defenders, is totally wasting my time.
  • Options

If AW opponent viewable in advance (empty field), I place 1 star defenders, is totally wasting my time.
    Not like you know when they exactly when they will place defenders. Who knows, they may purposely put all 50 defenders at once at the last minute so that people like you become complacent and put 1* defenders.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★★

You're only thinking about yourself here. There would be no point to wars if you and your opponent saw the other's placement. There would be last minute changes all the time which will cause bigger issues. This would open the floodgates to disaster. Instead of reacting so selfishly to something that actually turned into a benefit for you, you should continue to play and build so you can get into a more serious war tier where opponents actually play wars.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    think of it as an easy win.
    My alliance leader once just brought one-stars because they opponent did not place a single defender. You can view the map before you select your champs. Just bring one stars
  • Options

My alliance leader once just brought one-stars because they opponent did not place a single defender. You can view the map before you select your champs. Just bring one stars

OP isn’t saying as to what attackers to bring. Wanted to know whether they can just place useless defenders to have normal higher ones for other quests instead.

As for OP, are you a high ranking alliance (spending a lot of time worrying about defense) ?? If so, probably only way you get a “not trying” matchup is if Shell Alliance and the fill-in officer just started a war so they get their WR lowered with losses.

If you are actually lower level team yourself, then those low-tier wars have no meaningful Node Buffs on them anyways, and really doesn’t matter where you place 90% of your defenders.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,273 ★★★★★

Can I request Kabam please make AW opponent viewable in the next coming updates ?

Sometimes we spent the whole 20 hours placing defenders + discussing strategy and when the war starts our opponent placing none.

Not gonna happen. Before when opponents were visible, there were agreements and all kinds of backend stuff so people could get away with winning. You'll never see who you match much less who they place before attack starts. Not sure why it would take 20 hrs to discuss unless its your first war.
  • Options

OP isn’t saying as to what attackers to bring. Wanted to know whether they can just place useless defenders to have normal higher ones for other quests instead.

As for OP, are you a high ranking alliance (spending a lot of time worrying about defense) ?? If so, probably only way you get a “not trying” matchup is if Shell Alliance and the fill-in officer just started a war so they get their WR lowered with losses.

If you are actually lower level team yourself, then those low-tier wars have no meaningful Node Buffs on them anyways, and really doesn’t matter where you place 90% of your defenders.
    mordo on aegis heavy is very popular where I am in tier 14/13. other nodes include life-transfer, flare, power start etc...
    Really meaningful? No. Annoying sometimes? Yes
  • Options

mordo on aegis heavy is very popular where I am in tier 14/13. other nodes include life-transfer, flare, power start etc...

Lower Level that that, as in if they are facing empty defenses, then probably BELOW the Tier where Aegis node appears. All that is on those is a single Power Gain, an Optimist, and basically a bunch of +10 to +25 attacks and healths even as linked supports.
  • Options

Lower Level that that, as in if they are facing empty defenses, then probably BELOW the Tier where Aegis node appears. All that is on those is a single Power Gain, an Optimist, and basically a bunch of +10 to +25 attacks and healths even as linked supports.
    that low? and this guy is spending 20+ hours on defender strategy? There's not much you can do with power gain
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited April 2020

They will never do that again. When War came first you could see your enemy.
    At the same time kabam made ultra hard nodes for that time and you needed a ton of items to clear it. So high tier alliances started to make pacts over line that everyone only places 2* champions. And 1 big boss. The team with the best boss kill won the war. It was very nice.
    As a direct response kabam started to hide the enemy to "fix" wars.