**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Most hated opponent.

Comments

• The_one_The_one_ Posts: 6
    I really hate thing, domino, Aegon in aw is insane and stacked up hela in aw, also i can agree with most people here, annihilus is a total ***** with nick Fury but did i mention how i hate Domino when i see her im like oooh sh!t here we go again
  • VineetkansaraVineetkansara Posts: 14
    Annihilus sucks as well as doom
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    Mojo... With flow... Screw that bullcrap
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Mine has to be Annihilus. It just feels unfair sometimes with the nodes or paths he is on. He seems super annoying with siphon in war too.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Torah13 said:

Duped Korg, Domino, Annihilus, Modok, Nightcrawler, Spider-Gwen, Terrax

Spider-Gwen, all you need to do is parry and then three hit combo. Repeat until she’s down.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★

Mordo. The **** just keeps blocking and throws his sp3

Wait till he blocks on power gain phase and heavy him, he most times throws a special if he has one once he gets up.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Stingerbk said:

Wait till he blocks on power gain phase and heavy him, he most times throws a special if he has one once he gets up.
    Sometimes he waits to throw it for a bit, really screwed me over as Quake.
  • TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    Definitely Thing, Electro (that damage reflection is scary for when I’m doing long quests), Annihilus, Mojo, Hyperion, Domino, Korg, Nick Fury, Nightcrawler, Mr. Fantastic, Doctor Doom, Omega Red, IMIW, Wasp, Ant-Man (glancing just frustrates me), Yellowjacket, Warlock, Mordo, and last but not least, the most difficult champion to take down: The Collector.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Izze_King said:

MrR0b0t said:

Who is the champ when questing that sends a shiver up your spine and makes you take an easier path? Some of mine are Thing, Havok, Dark Hawk and Kilmonger. Who are some of yours? Thing I just cannot fight I get Unstoppable unblockable in a corner to death.

With Thing you have to watch his rock counter. You can land 15 hits before he goes unstoppable. You can still hit his block though so use that to keep him from cornering you.

Massacre is a really good answer for Thing. Especially on total immune node.

Don

Don’t mid the health. Got caught with 1 sp1 and my Massacre is r4.

Another good option is Hyperion. His heavy is 5 hits so do 3 and bait his specials.
    Stealth Spidey, KM and Blade are some other options.
    In my opinion Blade is the absolute best option for Thing, specifically because he bleeds on Parry. This means Blade is the best option to get out of the one mistake that can kill you with Thing if you aren't careful or luck goes against you: Thing throws a special and he has no power, but also has close to (or over) 15 rock stacks. The solution you can use with any champ is to hit into his block to give him power so he will throw that special and reset his rock stacks. But that requires he hold block and if Thing gets aggressive and pushes you to the wall it takes expert skill to get out of that pickle.

But Blade basically has a reliable way to reverse rock stacks without attacking at all: just parry him and you'll drop his stacks a bit, giving you some room to attack. If necessary you can just parry him over and over and essentially erase his rock stacks. That level of control over the fight basically neuters Thing unless he's on some crazy nodes. The fact that Parry inflicts bleed 100% of the time makes this a reliable tactic.

It could also be a longish fight since Blade loses his bleed damage against Thing so that's not always the best choice in a timed fight like Alliance War. But I've beaten Thing bosses with Blade without timing out, so its not impossible. But in any unclocked fight I think Blade gives the best control over rock stacks and makes the overall fight a lot easier.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Quake is the anti-Mordo. Quake wants to stand there and charge heavy. Mordo wants to stand there and block.

Amusingly, the AI is configured to hold block when the power gain would be active even if it is not active. So if you Quake Mordo and concussion him the power gain buff won't activate, but Mordo will still just stand there and hold block as if he was gaining power.

It is hilarious, and almost unfair.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    For me it's Darkhawk Korg and Havok. Used to be Thing as well but with practice I got used to him and now actually enjoy fighting him
    Edit: forgot I freaking hate Annihilus
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    I don't know why, but Killmongers, Korgs, and annihilus are nowhere near as much a pain to fight as freaking Green Goblin. He's not that tough, really, but I keep missing his attacks and getting caught by his specials.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I use ghost all the time and maw is so annoying.
  • Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77
    Am I the only one who hates fighting darkhawk? A lot of my characters involve heavy attacks or he throws his special 1 without saving for special 2 and I can’t basic attack cause the autoblock and shock. Weird too I don’t have problems with anyone else though including me actually liking to fight Annihilus As it involves more skill with intercepts which I’m Good at
  • Hlpr35Hlpr35 Posts: 119
    edited April 2020
    Punishers special attacks block damage must be fixed but beside him definitely korg,thing and imiw
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Kabam, that is the most hated opponent. Lol
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Also Electro I hate fighting. Not because he's hard but getting killed just from hitting him and receiving damage is stupid imo.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    The new black widow is quite annoying.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    TheSaith said:

Night crawler.. I really hate him

Just use Archangel
  • EdyBrokEdyBrok Posts: 38
    Korg, Thing, Nightcrawler, Magneto (?!)
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Annihilus, hence why I'm in the process of taking mine to R5 to place on D. ps does he need the dupe for defense purposes. Have 2 gems spare. Already have sparkles/corvus/hype duped
  • AHawkJockAHawkJock Posts: 45
    Thor Ragnarok, contrary to popular belief I am not smarter than a 1st grader and always miscount leaving him with a large amount of power.
  • BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    idky but i find fighting killmonger super easy, ts just thing and korg i hate the most not to mention nightcrawler
    Nightcrawler is not as bad as it used to be. Figured out switching him to swashbuckler mode isn't too hard. And I bring imiw and Nick furry that help shut down his evades
  • GbabyfreshGbabyfresh Posts: 142
    Modok and imiw o and Korg could b annoying
    Wasp is pretty annoying. Don't fight her often but it's 50 50 I'm gonna get beat on.
    Really hate fighting colossus lately seems like fights take forever. It's not a hard fight at all just takes forever if no armor breaks.