**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 7

1235»

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Meaning people aren't meant to go from a 4* Roster to accessing 5*s and 6*s at the rate of Cavalier Crystals. Occasionally they sell them, but they're mostly kept behind the Title.

People can still get five stars at a quick rate without being cavalier. My other friend who plays this game gets anywhere between 2-4 five stars a month depending on side events and if he has time to explore uncollected eq. However, you can get more five stars from cav crystals, but that’s entirely rng based, an example being some of Seatin’s openings.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Book 2 is designed with 5*s and 6*s in mind.

Yes, 5 and 6* Rewards, and requirements/Gates. Way to make 4* even less relevant. Its not about progression (I still had 4* in my top 15 team when completing Act 6.1) its to hinder progression
    Act 6 and above is not the place to use 4*s.
    Even though people still do it with Rank 2 and Rank 3 5* which is the equivalent of a 4/40 and 5/50 😉
    Equivalent in CR does not mean they're the same thing.
    I knew that was coming, and it doesn't matter because its the same level as a 4* and can beat that content regardless.
    It DOES matter. You can get a 4* from starting a new Account. You need to put more time and effort into building a 5* and 6* Roster. It's also not the same thing because Base Stats are higher for a 5* and more for a 6*.
    Still doesnt matter, I guarantee people have done that content with R2/R3 (not fully leveled) 5*... Which base states match 4* Champions. Woahhhhh! Crazy right? Accessibility has nothing to do with this. Its about having the skill to do it but not being allowed to for whatever ridiculous reason.
    It's not about skill.
    First off, completing content does require skill, and it should be about skill.

His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
    I can agree with these points, but instead of outright banning 4* from content theyre mostly ineffective in, they shouldnt have a ban and just allow them to stay ineffective in that content.

Edit: they should be allowed to use 4* in that content, even if they arent very effective anymore. You didnt see people trying to beat Act 5 with 3* Champs very often, and even though it wasnt a super good idea, some people still completed Quests in Act 5 with 3* Champions. They didnt need to ban them from that content, people just learned its best not to bring them.

Kabam making money off of people trying to build a roster so that they can complete content.
    That makes sense in of itself but they didn't need to place a ban on it when 4* aren't super effective in that content in the first place. They only did it to hinder players whos rosters arent stacked and put a bottleneck on Synergies
    Exactly, and that’s the problem here. The progression of players was being limited by their rosters and not skill.

On the other hand @Timefishy, I think you can see why Kabam is doing this. Putting this restriction in place forces players to either build their roster or use the roster they already have and get creative with counters (an example is I know someone who solo’d the 5.4.6 Ultron with Vision Aarkus) It also prevents certain synergies from being used, some of which might be crucial.

But now that Act 6 is fully out, and with its rewards, people doing Book 2 or Act 7 or whatever it’s called should have a decent five star roster with all of the rewards. I’m not saying I like the ban, but I understand the reasons for the ban.

It also has to do with what I’ve said multiple times, the shifting meta. All these resources are becoming focused on five stars (as they have been for some time) and now six stars with the rewards for Act 6 exploration. Four stars are long gone from top tier content rewards, and Kabam is trying to do that with what champs you play as.

I see the points of both you and @GroundedWisdom, and I agree and disagree with you both.
  • TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60

Since I started this thread...can I close it...this conversation is so dumb I stopped reading like a day ago.

It's not a dumb conversation. If you don't like it, there is an option to mute the thread, I believe. There is no reason to shut this discussion down as it is constructive
  • TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Timefishy said:

Book 2 is designed with 5*s and 6*s in mind.

Yes, 5 and 6* Rewards, and requirements/Gates. Way to make 4* even less relevant. Its not about progression (I still had 4* in my top 15 team when completing Act 6.1) its to hinder progression
    Act 6 and above is not the place to use 4*s.
    Even though people still do it with Rank 2 and Rank 3 5* which is the equivalent of a 4/40 and 5/50 😉
    Equivalent in CR does not mean they're the same thing.
    I knew that was coming, and it doesn't matter because its the same level as a 4* and can beat that content regardless.
    It DOES matter. You can get a 4* from starting a new Account. You need to put more time and effort into building a 5* and 6* Roster. It's also not the same thing because Base Stats are higher for a 5* and more for a 6*.
    Still doesnt matter, I guarantee people have done that content with R2/R3 (not fully leveled) 5*... Which base states match 4* Champions. Woahhhhh! Crazy right? Accessibility has nothing to do with this. Its about having the skill to do it but not being allowed to for whatever ridiculous reason.
    It's not about skill.
    First off, completing content does require skill, and it should be about skill.

His progression is being limited by his roster, not his skill, and that’s a problem.

four stars not being allowed in higher tier content makes sense. The meta has shifted, and will continue to shift, and the content should shift with that meta.
    I can agree with these points, but instead of outright banning 4* from content theyre mostly ineffective in, they shouldnt have a ban and just allow them to stay ineffective in that content.

Edit: they should be allowed to use 4* in that content, even if they arent very effective anymore. You didnt see people trying to beat Act 5 with 3* Champs very often, and even though it wasnt a super good idea, some people still completed Quests in Act 5 with 3* Champions. They didnt need to ban them from that content, people just learned its best not to bring them.

Kabam making money off of people trying to build a roster so that they can complete content.
    That makes sense in of itself but they didn't need to place a ban on it when 4* aren't super effective in that content in the first place. They only did it to hinder players whos rosters arent stacked and put a bottleneck on Synergies
    Exactly, and that’s the problem here. The progression of players was being limited by their rosters and not skill.

On the other hand @Timefishy, I think you can see why Kabam is doing this. Putting this restriction in place forces players to either build their roster or use the roster they already have and get creative with counters (an example is I know someone who solo’d the 5.4.6 Ultron with Vision Aarkus) It also prevents certain synergies from being used, some of which might be crucial.
    I can understand that, and I did use Korg for that Ultron, hes actually a great option. Very fun fight.

While I can start to understand their reasoning for the ban, it just never felt right because none of the preceding content had a ban like this, Act 5 didnt ban 3*, etc. 4* arent super effective in Act 6 to begin with, so the chance that someone would consider using them for anything other than Synergy is pretty slim. But I understand from a business perspective that theyd rather close the door on that alltogether. But I do see your point, I just dont necessarily think its necessary for them to put a Gate there where hardly anyone would attempt it in the first place. Its more about the Synergies. Starting to see what @GroundedWisdom is saying but I cant completely agree with it
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    There is no thing as "protecting the player" by adding 4* gates. I beat the GM but let me tell you:
    I want my 3* Deadpool in act 6 for the Nick F synergy. There is no logic behind that gate aside from "buy more crystals" and "spend more units".

I understand it from a company perspective but it feels very bad for everyone that hasnt a super deep champion pool.

And if ppl have the skill to become cavalier with 4* they have earned it more than everybody else in my opinion. As long as champions are random (lets be honest they will forever be) hard gates will feel very very bad.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    edited April 2020

Though I can confirm, we are not lifting the 5 and 6-Star Requirements. This content is built with it in mind. We are not getting into that discussion again, so if you'd like insights into the intent there, I suggest you look back at the Act 6 Chapter 1 threads.

My main issue is that these cavalier crystals you have been rewarding us for completing these contents reward us with 3* and 4* that we cant even use in act 6. What's the deal with that?
    That's to balance those crystals out and has nothing to do with act 6 and it's design.
    We understand that its to balance those crystal. The problem is giving those crystal as rewards for act 6. You dont say 3* and 4* champs are ban from act 6 and then rewards people completing act 6 with a crystal that gives 3-4* like 80% of the time. its completely dumb.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

So for some of the guys crying about requirements and gates. It’s really not a big deal. Seriously if you’ve cleared act 6, you should have an expansive roster to not worry about the gates. I’m not a big spender and I have a good amount of champs I need. For the champs I don’t have (my 6 star roster isn’t good) I still manage.

For those who care about wasp/ghost learn how to use her without wasp and you’ll be fine. I have a rank 2 wasp I use but not for the synergy; because she’s a freaking BEAST. I have taken my ghost into war without wasp and been fine. Watch videos. There are dudes who don’t even use wasp at all.

Let’s all stop complaining before the BETA not even the real content has launched. I don’t work for kabam but everyone whines so much; they’ve done a much better job the last 2-3 months, give them credit. For them to be already in the midst of book 2 is insane.

I know how to play ghost without wasp but the effort and skill level that you need to use is vastly different if you can just drop an unblockable L2 anytime. I already completed all of 6.4 and I now have a r3 6 star Aegon so I'm pretty sure I don't need you to explain to me that Ghost is still useable without Wasp. I still got the job done but bringing in my 4 star wasp would make a huge difference and unlock Ghost's full strength. For all you know I need Wasp synergy for a legends run.

Why don't you take the cape off and express the interests for things that will help everyone out as players. What we're doing is giving constructive criticism and how the game can be more fun.
This discussion has been closed.