**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champion boss 6.2.6

Comments

• Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

16wegnerk said:

The Thing is the best answer to him. He's a right pain for sure!!! BUT what I did was ala Quake. I took Thing all the way to the left against a corner ... let him SP1 me and dexed each hit for the 5 and then boom SP3. finally got him.

and i say Thing because of his dash mechanic .. if you count his SP1 chops you can dash in on the 4th chop and dex right at the end. although i didn't use the dash .. i practiced it a lot before fighting Champion and it worked. i just last minute figured out the corner dex on him was even easier.

Thing has been be dupped to do it. i didn't know that and wasted a bunch of revives trying to do it with an undupped Thing. Please mention that because it can't be assumed people know. Same thing with Morning Star, she needs her dup if you plan on doing the last 10% with the no retreat node.
    Actually Morningstar doesn’t need to be duped. You simply need to ramp her up beforehand
    Yes she does, the reason she can do the no retreat node is due to her insane regen. Please read her dupped abilities before you respond next time.
    Dude this is incorrect
    Her regen takes 15 seconds to regen which only regenerates 16.5% at max sig bar recover mastery
    No where near enough to bypass no retreat damage
    Her 5th souls gives her the “insane” regen
    20% per hit to regen 50% of damage done
    Sig is not needed but greatly helps
    Plus every time he triggers his unstoppable he regens a ton of health based on the amount he has taken during the fight which is a passive regen not an actual buff so MS can not counter this
    Sig does help counter the block damage due to reducing potency of fury
    Learn to read bud and not call others out by being a hypocrite
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Okaythen said:

16wegnerk said:

The Thing is the best answer to him. He's a right pain for sure!!! BUT what I did was ala Quake. I took Thing all the way to the left against a corner ... let him SP1 me and dexed each hit for the 5 and then boom SP3. finally got him.

and i say Thing because of his dash mechanic .. if you count his SP1 chops you can dash in on the 4th chop and dex right at the end. although i didn't use the dash .. i practiced it a lot before fighting Champion and it worked. i just last minute figured out the corner dex on him was even easier.

Thing has been be dupped to do it. i didn't know that and wasted a bunch of revives trying to do it with an undupped Thing. Please mention that because it can't be assumed people know. Same thing with Morning Star, she needs her dup if you plan on doing the last 10% with the no retreat node.
    Actually Morningstar doesn’t need to be duped. You simply need to ramp her up beforehand
    Yes she does, the reason she can do the no retreat node is due to her insane regen. Please read her dupped abilities before you respond next time.
    Dude this is incorrect
    Her regen takes 15 seconds to regen which only regenerates 16.5% at max sig bar recover mastery
    No where near enough to bypass no retreat damage
    Her 5th souls gives her the “insane” regen
    20% per hit to regen 50% of damage done
    Sig is not needed but greatly helps
    Plus every time he triggers his unstoppable he regens a ton of health based on the amount he has taken during the fight which is a passive regen not an actual buff so MS can not counter this
    Sig does help counter the block damage due to reducing potency of fury
    Learn to read bud and not call others out by being a hypocrite
    I was wrong. My apologies, wasn't able to beat the Champion with undupped Morning star so I assumed it had to be because her sig ability wasn't there but apparently its a 20% chance so you can easily begin a fight and not do any regen if you don't last long.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Use Sym Supreme. Easiest champ I've tested so far to get a solo with (also the only Champ I was able to get a solo with).
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    The best advice I can give is to wait to get into the next beta and paractice for free until you get it down and then do it on you account. It will save you a ton of units.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    Can capiw do the final 10% with a single revive? 20 or 40%? Or do you need to heal fully to survive enough block damage?
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    A decently high Sig thing can cheese the last 10% and then the first 90% you just need a nullify champ or someone to deal with the unstoppable. I mean it's not an easy fight, infact it's f*ing tough but with the right champs and some determination it's doable.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Hendross said:

Can capiw do the final 10% with a single revive? 20 or 40%? Or do you need to heal fully to survive enough block damage?

Did mine with just a 40% only had 2% hp remaining which was scary
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

16wegnerk said:

She doesn’t need a dupe to be good but it’s highly recommend to have it when facing the champion. And atleast at a decent sig level too.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

She doesn’t need a dupe to be good but it’s highly recommend to have it when facing the champion. And atleast at a decent sig level too.
    I knew it came into play heavy. People wanted to act like I'm crazy but since its not impossible I'll just admit that I was wrong.
  • Options

One thing I'll never understand about gaming communities.... There is a quirk of Morningstar that makes her ideal for the champion. But a poster came to the forum to specifically highlight it and get it removed.

In a game and specifically a fight, where the developers make it very, very hard, a poster actually wants to make it harder for a swathe of the community from here on out.

And they succeeded.

What makes someone want to punish their fellow players!?

Yeah I saw that. It was really weird that people were justifying it too talking about a bug is a bug. I already beat all of act 6 and would never engage is such behavior.
  • Options
    AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    I ranked up Morningstar just for that 10% but now they're taking away the regen.. I understand she was not supposed to heal but it still kinda sucks. I'm stuck at 6.2.2. Mr. Sinister because I have no way of getting past the Caustic Temper node. I was hoping to have a solution for those 10% but I'll be roadblocked yet again once I'm past Mr. Sinister lol.
    I'll probably wait until I have Cap IW and try him once I get to The Champion.
  • Options
    Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    Ms will still be a viable counter to him the last ten percent will just be more difficult (Less forgiving) on par with cap though I think. The issue is she’s no longer going to be the mvp for no-retreat.
  • Options
    TylerTyler Posts: 37
    The thing is the best counter in game for beating the last 10% of the boss the champion in act 6.2.6 easy life if u know how to play the thing and have a r4 or r5 sig 200. Watch you tube on thing against the champion boss in act 6.2.6. Hope that helps a lot good luck he really is the best champion against that boss. Trust me i had that issue bad.
  • Options
    othmankothmank Posts: 14
    Dr Doom 5 star rank5 smashed it for me, first time, made it very easy!
  • Options
    _matto__matto_ Posts: 58
    Well I ended up using about 2K units (along with loads of revives I already had) on the champion boss (still undefeated) and used my r3-4 gem on BWCV (originally saving for doom) when i got to the 10% health phase I hadn’t used many revives tops 3, so then I use BWCV and realise she’s not regenerating, which is tragic as it was only patched weeks ago, so I try IMIW but no luck and a lot of units were wasted to say the least :) honestly I just wanna get past this guy once and not return for a LONG TIME 😂 I even used an AG on BWCV to try to use the death immunity mechanic but had no luck with that either, just wish I was 3 weeks earlier to this 🤦 I’m just gonna have to duel the champion everyday till I can consistently evade his specials, it’s annoying though cause you can only do this 5 times before you have to use units to duel. :)
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    _matto_ said:

Well I ended up using about 2K units (along with loads of revives I already had) on the champion boss (still undefeated) and used my r3-4 gem on BWCV (originally saving for doom) when i got to the 10% health phase I hadn’t used many revives tops 3, so then I use BWCV and realise she’s not regenerating, which is tragic as it was only patched weeks ago, so I try IMIW but no luck and a lot of units were wasted to say the least :) honestly I just wanna get past this guy once and not return for a LONG TIME 😂 I even used an AG on BWCV to try to use the death immunity mechanic but had no luck with that either, just wish I was 3 weeks earlier to this 🤦 I’m just gonna have to duel the champion everyday till I can consistently evade his specials, it’s annoying though cause you can only do this 5 times before you have to use units to duel. :)

Do you not earn the duel credits?
  • Options
    _matto__matto_ Posts: 58
    edited April 2020

I had about 7 duel credits but they’re long gone now 😂

_matto_ said:

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Kt1 just made a video on this. It's shady by kabam, especially them shutting down discussion on it.

Love the game.

Hate the company.
  • Options
    _matto_ said:

I had about 7 duel credits but they’re long gone now 😂

_matto_ said:

They're available daily, 5 each day I think
  • Options
    Wait, what's this going on with Morningstar and the last 10% of the boss? I don't have her so I'm not sure what the bug is
  • Options

Wait, what's this going on with Morningstar and the last 10% of the boss? I don't have her so I'm not sure what the bug is

She life steals a % of damage done. She was incorrectly regening when champion was under 10%. That is clearly a bug based on her description. They fuzzed 3it and people are mad because they can't take advantage of the bug anymore
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    It's a "bug" that has been there since the champion was launched and that loads of top players have already used Morningstar for.

Ms does damage for each buff nullified and can heal from the nullify damage when at 5 souls. Coupled with her 50% perfect block, made her great for this fight.

They are removing her ability to heal from nullify in the final 10%. Which has always been there, which loads of people have benefitted from and which people ranked up Ms for.

So loads of other people got to benefit, but you won't.
  • Options

It's a "bug" that has been there since the champion was launched and that loads of top players have already used Morningstar for.

Ms does damage for each buff nullified and can heal from the nullify damage when at 5 souls. Coupled with her 50% perfect block, made her great for this fight.

They are removing her ability to heal from nullify in the final 10%. Which has always been there, which loads of people have benefitted from and which people ranked up Ms for.

So loads of other people got to benefit, but you won't.

Makes me glad I already 100% explored 6.2.6 with Sym Supreme
  • Options

She life steals a % of damage done. She was incorrectly regening when champion was under 10%. That is clearly a bug based on her description. They fuzzed 3it and people are mad because they can't take advantage of the bug anymore
    That sucks. That just makes the fight just that much harder and means that everyone who already used Morningstar for it had a way easier time than those who haven't yet. Totally understandable why people are mad.

Folks just have to go back to learn how to actually fight him.