**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.4.2 Prowess Path? Impossible

ReallyYeahReallyYeah Posts: 251 ★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Can you tell me some good counters to this oath?
I know that Havok and Sunspot have prowess only. Right?

Comments

• Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    CapIW has a synergy with Storm/Beast that gives any mutant a prowess
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    edited March 2020
    All passive damage effects work with full damage. This includes torch’s nova flames, omega’s spore damage, quake’s aftershock, and void’s damage from debuffs.

Other champs with prowess include Emma Frost, Gambit, sunspot and havok which you mentioned, and i know i’m forgetting some.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost, Bishop, Goldpool, Storm Pyramid X, aforementioned CapIW synergy, and Gambit. Also passive DoT works normally (Quake, Void's debuffs, and Mister Fantastic's debuffs with full F4 synergy) and I think that Torch's Nova Flames works, but I don't have him or have tried the path so I'm not sure. Also, you can power through the path with Aegon. With Aegon, it's possible, but it'll be like doing Labyrinth of Legends or Abyss fight since it's ninety percent reduced damage. The average health on that path is 260K which roughly translates into about 5 million health. This path also has some of the tankiest and biggest health pools in the game, such as Void, Thing (who has protection on specials so I don't even know who thought it'd be a good idea to put him on a special only node), and Man-Thing (who you don't gain extra damage from crits). Additionally, because of the Clapback node and triple power gain, your options are further limited as it eliminates some of the best mutants for big special damage--Domino and Namor--and restricts the playstyle for the best natural option: Sunspot since you have to really play around the power gain.
    The best options for this path seem to be Colossus, Havok, Emma Frost, and Omega Red (two of which require the CapIW synergy). If the boss wasn't so easy for this quest, I'd say it's absolutely absurd for Kabam to want you to use up a minimum of three slots to get through this path, but since any champ can beat Thor, I'm okay with it.
    My team for it will be: CapIW, Beast, Havok, Colossus, and Quake (or Omega Red if I can pull and awaken him by then).
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Emma's are passive, not sure if they will work? Nowhere near that quest so no idea if it has to be a buff or passives work too
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★

Emma's are passive, not sure if they will work? Nowhere near that quest so no idea if it has to be a buff or passives work too

Yea they work! It applies to all prowess effects. I used Emma and Quake for the entire path had absolutely no issues.
  • Mcoc_gamer_481Mcoc_gamer_481 Posts: 62
    Passive dot tends to be the best option, quake void reed with f4 omega torch with pre fight
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Emma and quake cap synergy if you can. Use Emma on electro her sp2 does concussion first so he does not reflect the sp2 damage.

He doesn't reflect sp2 damage bc it's not a physical hit regardless of concussion...
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Sunspot is not an option because kabam decided to add a cornered node to it. If it hadn’t been there it would have been a lot easier so I used cap IW with storm synergy and brought domino, OR and colossus
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It has Cornered so Sunspot isn’t practical.

I used CapIW with Prowess synergy (I used Beast) Colossus 5/66, OR 3/45 unawakened, Emma Frost.

Outside of Electro who was a truly awful fight, it wasn’t actually that bad. Until Manthing who I didn’t really have any great matchups in my roster that fit the bill.

With Colossus’ damage ramp up you can still hit some pretty respectable numbers even with the 90% damage reduction. You can still get 2-3k mediums and a 5-10k heavy mid-fight. You have to be careful not to hit into BWCV block as it starts to nullify the armour ups.

I’ve not mastered how to not get flattened by Ebony Maw’s degen but a couple of specials did the job.

Electro you can get a lot of parry damage using Colossus, a mere 200 parries will kill him (this is #1 in how to throw you phone at a wall).

As I understand it those lucky enough to have a decent OR and Quake can just ply as normal.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Will havok work?
  • DemenXCDemenXC Posts: 41

Emma Frost, Bishop, Goldpool, Storm Pyramid X, aforementioned CapIW synergy, and Gambit. Also passive DoT works normally (Quake, Void's debuffs, and Mister Fantastic's debuffs with full F4 synergy) and I think that Torch's Nova Flames works, but I don't have him or have tried the path so I'm not sure. Also, you can power through the path with Aegon. With Aegon, it's possible, but it'll be like doing Labyrinth of Legends or Abyss fight since it's ninety percent reduced damage. The average health on that path is 260K which roughly translates into about 5 million health. This path also has some of the tankiest and biggest health pools in the game, such as Void, Thing (who has protection on specials so I don't even know who thought it'd be a good idea to put him on a special only node), and Man-Thing (who you don't gain extra damage from crits). Additionally, because of the Clapback node and triple power gain, your options are further limited as it eliminates some of the best mutants for big special damage--Domino and Namor--and restricts the playstyle for the best natural option: Sunspot since you have to really play around the power gain.
    The best options for this path seem to be Colossus, Havok, Emma Frost, and Omega Red (two of which require the CapIW synergy). If the boss wasn't so easy for this quest, I'd say it's absolutely absurd for Kabam to want you to use up a minimum of three slots to get through this path, but since any champ can beat Thor, I'm okay with it.
    My team for it will be: CapIW, Beast, Havok, Colossus, and Quake (or Omega Red if I can pull and awaken him by then).

Domino work on this path, keep the defender below 1 power bar before you release sp2 so any critical bleed won't push him to sp3, you may receive bleed damage from Cornered node which Wilpower mastery can contra the health lost.
    Remember that do not use Domino on Void (Void increase clapback damage of bleed debuff), other than that she can finish all defenders herself.

As for Man Thing, you don't really need Quake, Omega to melt him, SP3 bypass special Connoisseur , here is my walk through with CAIW vs Man Thing. (For those players don't have Quake and OR)
    https://youtu.be/ml2PUSFxz08