**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Matchmaking unfair [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Here’s a little update. The reason why he’s complaining is obvious @Worknprogress

I been one shotting your weak defense no prob. Please talk tough to someone else lol
    I’d love to see you one-shot my mojo mini
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Here’s a little update. The reason why he’s complaining is obvious @Worknprogress

I been one shotting your weak defense no prob. Please talk tough to someone else lol
    Didn’t run torch I’ll leave that to poey
    I don’t mind whippin on a beefy ally that shouldn’t be this low rated in war. We lose who cares we’ll clear ya
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Wait @Das_gi you and @Ahitlaw are going against each other
    This will be fun to watch
  • NW2NW2 Posts: 8

@Kabam Miike you can’t explain how this is okay. We put a lot of time and resources into trying to do well in AW and this is how Kabam treats us. Your response that some matchups are harder than others and you have to work your way to the top is insulting to the effort we put in. The way Kabam treats customers is ridiculous and the only recourse is to what, quit the game? I don’t want to quit I just want Kabam to treat its players “aka customers” fairly.

FRITO_Man said:

It’s fun to do lol. They should be higher ranked tho, but lopsided for us.
  • sterbill20sterbill20 Posts: 2
    Hello everyone! i want to ask if there was a problem with war matchups ! m alliance raiting is 16mill and the opponent is 26 mill this is unfair , they are very strong and there is no way t win them ! i think is unfair match making !
    i just want t discuss if we are the only one who have the same problem at this war !
    thanks
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 327 ★★★
    Das_gi said:

@Amms90 you’re a 7.7 mil alliance with a 2.3k aw rating. You should never be that high if you still use R3 5*’s in attack phase. It ain’t your fault, it was the matchmaking systems fault but you’re gonna have a harsch rest of the season. My condolences

We got that war rating by winning fair wars... It's not that we won wars against opponents that were a fourth of our size. They were sometimes a little bigger sometimes a little smaller, with similar war rating. We don't exactly attack with r3 but our defense is mostly made of those, yeah. Some 4* as well, cause we have smaller profiles of progressing players among us. But we play fairly. 3 war groups! That means each and every of my players can do his/her job and clear a path in war. This is if we play fair wars. If we get paired with such high level opponents we can do nothing but give up... And look if we end the season in gold 3 instead of the gold 2 we were aiming at, that's still okay for us. I surely hope we don't fall even lower, cause we haven't fought our way here just to get wrecked in all the next wars until the system decides we are in our rightful place. Be it silver or bronze, whatever they decide. We are people, not numbers. We played well and won. If we hadn't, we would have lost. I'll tell you more: with the same matchmaking system as before, we even lost a couple wars off season. Wars we intended to win. So my point is still the same. Why punish us for playing fairly and winning our way to the gold tier? Rather, if climbing the ladder is too easy then fix that. Pointless to give us a bunch of wars we simply can't hope to win to forcefully drag us down. That's not what fairness means.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Yeah lol, well I’m off to bed, will destroy his defense tomorrow
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Mojo mini is easy with quake

Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Mojo mini is easy with quake
    Yeah I got some other minis to deal with. You got it lol
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    The root of this problem is “shell” alliances. After high ranked teams finish the season then all 30 members jump to another newly created alliance & beat the heck out of much lower ranked teams. Thus almost guaranteeing they’ll never lose
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Where was all this concern of match making from these lower prestige alliances for last year? Git gud or collect your Gold Rewards.
  • NW2NW2 Posts: 8

Alliance Wars are not solely based on any one factor, but you will be matched with Alliances near your War Rating. This is a performance-based rating that changes with your Alliance's wins and losses. Alliance Rating can be manipulated, so is not a good matchmaking comparison.

We are continuing to work to improve our matchmaking parameters with every Season and even in between. Some Wars will be more difficult than others, but if you want to climb to the top, you're going to have to earn your spot!

This response is an insult to how hard our alliance works to score well.

There is absolutely no scenario where the alliance we are currently facing should ever be matched up against us. If it were available in AW they could clear our map with auto pilot and we couldn’t clear their map if we had 15 full health team revives to use.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Myradral said:

Just happened to our Alliance as well - except we paired against someone MUCH worse than us.... feel bad for them.

Something is wrong.

Nothing wrong. The wrong thing is when strong alliances only matches to strong and weak matches to weak. That system is stupid and let weak alliances get to top spot.

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Is AW the topic of the day? Please say no. If so, what's the topic tomorrow? I need to know this.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★

This the worst mismatch I’ve seen. Feel bad for the guys. Not that we are a competitive war clan by any means but this seems to be the worst mismatch out of the whole post
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Amms90 said:

Das_gi said:

@Amms90 you’re a 7.7 mil alliance with a 2.3k aw rating. You should never be that high if you still use R3 5*’s in attack phase. It ain’t your fault, it was the matchmaking systems fault but you’re gonna have a harsch rest of the season. My condolences

We got that war rating by winning fair wars... It's not that we won wars against opponents that were a fourth of our size. They were sometimes a little bigger sometimes a little smaller, with similar war rating. We don't exactly attack with r3 but our defense is mostly made of those, yeah. Some 4* as well, cause we have smaller profiles of progressing players among us. But we play fairly. 3 war groups! That means each and every of my players can do his/her job and clear a path in war. This is if we play fair wars. If we get paired with such high level opponents we can do nothing but give up... And look if we end the season in gold 3 instead of the gold 2 we were aiming at, that's still okay for us. I surely hope we don't fall even lower, cause we haven't fought our way here just to get wrecked in all the next wars until the system decides we are in our rightful place. Be it silver or bronze, whatever they decide. We are people, not numbers. We played well and won. If we hadn't, we would have lost. I'll tell you more: with the same matchmaking system as before, we even lost a couple wars off season. Wars we intended to win. So my point is still the same. Why punish us for playing fairly and winning our way to the gold tier? Rather, if climbing the ladder is too easy then fix that. Pointless to give us a bunch of wars we simply can't hope to win to forcefully drag us down. That's not what fairness means.
    You just stop. It's ridiculous. If you are good enough as you said you should be able to beat alliance with same war rating.

It's clearly that you are not good enough. I'm happy to see you get what you deserve.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    War rating is important, if you have high rating you should be able to compete with alliances in same rating. If you can’t, you slowly drop to the level/bracket with alliances your size, skill and rosters.

It’s same in sports if you think about it. You can be a noob but will still need to beat guys like Nadal and Djokovic if you want to advance in the tournament, you don’t get to play easier opponents and cruise to same rewards as top players.

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Do the first Tiers and if the other alliance is too powerful for you just make sure to go kill the boss doing only one side of Tiers 2.

This way you will not loose too many points and resources with this war.
  • FrenchyPantsFrenchyPants Posts: 26
    Today we are facing an alliance that has no business being in our class. For them it may seem unfair. For us it has seemed unfair that they were ranked higher than us and got better rewards than us, despite the fact that we could wipe the flow with them (I meant to do that). We work hard on war... we plan, we boost, we rank for defense.... they do the same but at a much much lower level. I don’t think they suck, they are good but not in our class. Getting prestige out of matchmaking was important. Great job kabam! I would have preferred the change between seasons, but between season a few seasons ago. Fix the problem when you know there is a problem though. What they did is easier than going back and adjusting past season standings that make no sense.
  • Is AW the topic of the day? Please say no. If so, what's the topic tomorrow? I need to know this.

Good be worse topics of the day
  • SlotSlot Posts: 4
    Same here. This is not fair. We all confronting opponents who are double in alliance rating.
    Is this matchmaking a fair???
    We opponent
    A.rating 178000000 35400000
    Avg player 550000 800k+
    Prestige 7100 10100

Is this a fair matchmaking??????
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    My ally got matched up with one that is 4.5 million, while we are 22.5 million. Same war rating though. They’re using four stars and we’re using 5 and 6 stars. Seems unfair.
  • LeovaMLeovaM Posts: 37

Alliance Wars are not solely based on any one factor, but you will be matched with Alliances near your War Rating. This is a performance-based rating that changes with your Alliance's wins and losses. Alliance Rating can be manipulated, so is not a good matchmaking comparison.

We are continuing to work to improve our matchmaking parameters with every Season and even in between. Some Wars will be more difficult than others, but if you want to climb to the top, you're going to have to earn your spot!

I hope you will continue to do that, and some not Master-worthy alliances who do take advantage of some weaknesses in matchmaking system will not appear in that bracket anymore)) I'm pretty sure everyone knows which alliance I talk about.
This discussion has been closed.