**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Warning: 6* max sig dupe

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Hello fellow summoners. Just wanted to warn everyone - if you dupe a max sig 6*, all you get is 24 pieces of ISO and 1,163 pieces of gold. No max sig crystal and no other compensation of any kind. I happen to have only 1 max sig 6* and happened to pull a dupe recently. It was like my 10k 6* shards vanished with nothing in return. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think it’s fair compensation to get virtually nothing for duping a max sig 6*?

You’ve phrased your question oddly. I would answer the question No. I think you should get something aligned with every other max from an opening instead of virtually nothing. Especially for a 6 star. I imagine a few people clicked disagree for that reason.
  • Options
    FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

Hello fellow summoners. Just wanted to warn everyone - if you dupe a max sig 6*, all you get is 24 pieces of ISO and 1,163 pieces of gold. No max sig crystal and no other compensation of any kind. I happen to have only 1 max sig 6* and happened to pull a dupe recently. It was like my 10k 6* shards vanished with nothing in return. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think it’s fair compensation to get virtually nothing for duping a max sig 6*?

You’ve phrased your question oddly. I would answer the question No. I think you should get something aligned with every other max from an opening instead of virtually nothing. Especially for a 6 star. I imagine a few people clicked disagree for that reason.
    Very fair point, thanks for the input! It should have read “is it fair to get no compensation for duping a max sig 6*”.
  • Options
    Maybe a poll would have been a better approach. My experience with those is people don’t answer them.
  • Options

Maybe a poll would have been a better approach. My experience with those is people don’t answer them.

Probably would of been
    Thanks man, will try that next time. Seems you can’t add a poll retroactively.
  • Options
    M00SEMANM00SEMAN Posts: 40

It was the same when 5 stars came out it is what it is nothing you can do about it. The fact you have a max 6 star capiw you should be happy.

• Options

Give this man some compensation and all others who experienced this. These are your best customers. The biggest spenders in the game. They don’t deserve this sort of treatment. What kind of business are you running? Are you actively trying to make these customers quit?

PS: my highest 6* is sig 20 so this wont happen to me any time soon but it’s still disheartening to see the Game treat it’s players like this.

This sort of treatment? You mean how things have always been? They aren't being oppressed, this is how it has been and honestly of 7* ever come out, we will see it again
  • Options

Give this man some compensation and all others who experienced this. These are your best customers. The biggest spenders in the game. They don’t deserve this sort of treatment. What kind of business are you running? Are you actively trying to make these customers quit?

PS: my highest 6* is sig 20 so this wont happen to me any time soon but it’s still disheartening to see the Game treat it’s players like this.

This sort of treatment? You mean how things have always been? They aren't being oppressed, this is how it has been and honestly of 7* ever come out, we will see it again
    Does this make it right? Forget about 7*. There is zero mention of 7* shards in this thread. The question at hand is, why should you earn nothing for 6* max sig dupe? You earn more rewards for duping a max sigs 4*. Not saying what the rewards should be, but there are not just shards in those max sigs crystals, there are also AG and sig stones.
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    The fact that you have a 6* that's max sig and you're asking this question is kinda hilarious.
    If you've been around this game long enough to get that high of a sig on a 6* champ you shouldn't really be complaining. You're at end game content and you don't really need an extra 500 6* shards or an extra t1 alpha
  • Options

The fact that you have a 6* that's max sig and you're asking this question is kinda hilarious.
    If you've been around this game long enough to get that high of a sig on a 6* champ you shouldn't really be complaining. You're at end game content and you don't really need an extra 500 6* shards or an extra t1 alpha

Again, not the question. I invested time and resources to get a max sig 6*. People need to look beyond and ask what If this happened to you. For example what If you spent $100 on a 6* offer and in the end you got 24 pieces of iso and less than 1500 pieces of gold and nothing else. Would you be happy about that? By the way, based on the offers Kabam values a 6* at higher than $100 so I use this as a hypothetical. You are basically saying, because you are in “end game content” your view really shouldn’t matter and deal with whatever you get. If I duped my 6* Rhino again, then yes I agree. It’s sour grapes. But is that really how this game works? Is it right that I should get more rewards from duping a max sig 4* than a max sig 6*? That is the question. Because not a lot of people have done it yet there isn’t a lot of complaining and people can disagree with me as much as they want. It doesn’t change the fact that the rewards haven’t been thought through enough and the game has progressed faster, creating situations like this.
  • Options

You are basically saying, because you are in “end game content” your view really shouldn’t matter and deal with whatever you get.
    I did not say that actually.
    I said that if you are at the point of the game where you have a max sig 6*, then an extra 500 5* shards really doesn't mean squat.
    Yeah it sucks you might not get a few extra shards, but does it really matter if you're that far into the game? Those 500 shards are literally nothing.
    I'd say I'm about mid-high on my progression, and if I didn't get an extra 275 shards on the off chance of me pulling a max sig 5* champ, it really would not matter to me. Those shards are so easy to get the way the game has evolved.

• Options

You are basically saying, because you are in “end game content” your view really shouldn’t matter and deal with whatever you get.
    I said that if you are at the point of the game where you have a max sig 6*, then an extra 500 5* shards really doesn't mean squat.
    Yeah it sucks you might not get a few extra shards, but does it really matter if you're that far into the game? Those 500 shards are literally nothing.
    I'd say I'm about mid-high on my progression, and if I didn't get an extra 275 shards on the off chance of me pulling a max sig 5* champ, it really would not matter to me. Those shards are so easy to get the way the game has evolved.

So your position is its ok to get nothing because I’ve progressed far enough in the game? My question has been from the beginning, is it fair that someone actually earns a 6* hero crystal, spins that 6* hero crystal, and then gets nothing from the spin other than the fact they have lost 10,000 6* shards. No new champ, no additional sigs on a champ, just nothing. Put yourself in my position and imagine this happened to you. Would you be ok with it?

Others argue it happened before with 5*, etc.

Does that make it right? Should we get more rewards in this game from duping a max sig 4* vs a max sig 6*? That’s how it works at the moment.

I have still hear no arguments to convince me that this is fair and reasonable. The issue here is with Kabam, not summoners. This should have been planned for well in advance. As with everything Kabam, the more outrage they listen, and if not, they ignore. So I ask again, is this fair?
  • Options

So your position is its ok to get nothing because I’ve progressed far enough in the game?

Put yourself in my position and imagine this happened to you. Would you be ok with it?

I have still hear no arguments to convince me that this is fair and reasonable.
    You are an example of someone who's argument only has 2 points and you keep returning to those same points even when those points have been addresse. Also someone who puts words into other people's mouths as you have done twice to me now.
    1) I did not say that since you progressed you don't deserve stuff. I said that if you are that far in the game, 500 shards does not make a difference.
    2) I put myself in your shoes if you read my comment and I said that 500 shards really wouldn't mean squat cuz its such a little amount when one is that far into the game.
    3) there have been plenty of arguments in this thread, but you just keep deciding to not listen to them and just return to your only 2 points.

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

There could be something like a sig stone or awakening gem possibility like all of the other gems provide. Clearly no 7* so shards aren’t an option but there should be something. It’s like the shards just vanished. Unlike many others, I only have one max sig....

As I’m said it was the same with a 5 star back then to fair no
    Fully agree! It wasn’t fair then and it’s not fair now. They should have thought of some sort of compensation before allowing people to get to max sig dupes. At least something.... I fault Kabam for not thinking it though. I get more rewards from duping a max sig 4* which is ridiculous.
    What do you want them to give you? 7*s don't exist yet thankfully and they can't just give you more 6* shards bc that's not how duping champs has ever worked
    What about the other resources you can get from max sigs crystals? There are also awakening gems and sig stones in those crystals of the same level as the champ you spun. It’s not just shards of the next highest tier that is available in those crystals.
    That's not how this has worked ever in the game at any progression level. No clue why you'd expect that to change at this point. No one forced you to dump sig stones into one champ, you knew how this worked
    The difference is big. At max sigs you can guarantee the debuff based on the champs you bring with you. In tier 3 wars this makes a difference. You don’t leave anything to random chance (which by the way, a small % chance to not do something always seems to activate at the exact wrong time). Some champs don’t scale well with sig stones. In science, I would max sig caiw and void every day with no issue.
    I have a R3 caiw and am in T1. I'm aware how it works and if I ever dupe a max sig 6* I'm well aware what will and won't happen.
    That’s not the question I asked. The question is, is it fair? Is it reasonable to expect a more rewards from duping a max sig 4* than a max sig 6*. Let me ask you this, have you duped any max sig 6*?
    Of course it's fair and I'm well aware of what will happen if I pull another Namor. Fortunately I haven't yet as I've been opening featured for a while now
  • Options

So your position is its ok to get nothing because I’ve progressed far enough in the game?

Put yourself in my position and imagine this happened to you. Would you be ok with it?

I have still hear no arguments to convince me that this is fair and reasonable.
    You are an example of someone who's argument only has 2 points and you keep returning to those same points even when those points have been addresse. Also someone who puts words into other people's mouths as you have done twice to me now.
    1) I did not say that since you progressed you don't deserve stuff. I said that if you are that far in the game, 500 shards does not make a difference.
    2) I put myself in your shoes if you read my comment and I said that 500 shards really wouldn't mean squat cuz its such a little amount when one is that far into the game.
    3) there have been plenty of arguments in this thread, but you just keep deciding to not listen to them and just return to your only 2 points.

Fair point, and I don’t mean to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand the position and the argument. I keep coming back to the two points as I remained unconvinced of the counter arguments as to why this is fair. For me it’s the principal - why should we get better rewards duping a max sig hero that is 2 stars lower.

My point is this: we just accept these things as a community because that’s how it’s always been in the past. My hope is that a discussion on this would gain enough support to change the behavior and force Kabam to seriously look at it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    “Of course it's fair and I'm well aware of what will happen if I pull another Namor. Fortunately I haven't yet as I've been opening featured for a while now“

That’s great, I’m glad it hasn’t happened to you yet. Seems there is a very small pool of people this has impacted based on the responses in this thread,
  • Options

“Of course it's fair and I'm well aware of what will happen if I pull another Namor. Fortunately I haven't yet as I've been opening featured for a while now

That’s great, I’m glad it hasn’t happened to you yet. Seems there is a very small pool of people this has impacted based on the responses in this thread,

Do what I did and start opening featured crystals if it's gonna bother you that much if you're unfortunate enough for it to happen yet again.
  • Options

“Of course it's fair and I'm well aware of what will happen if I pull another Namor. Fortunately I haven't yet as I've been opening featured for a while now

Do what I did and start opening featured crystals if it's gonna bother you that much if you're unfortunate enough for it to happen yet again.

Thanks for the advice. I do that with 5* currently only opening featured but really want to dupe my 6* ghost and unfortunately she isn’t in the current pool.
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I learned my lesson from 5*, hence I max my 6* through sig stones to sig 180, so I don't get screwed when duping further. Kabam is penalizing those that push too far too fast. Adapt your strategy.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    I’m eager to have this kind of existential MCoC problem...eventually. However, it will most likely be with my 6* Kingpin, so maybe not.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

I learned my lesson from 5*, hence I max my 6* through sig stones to sig 180, so I don't get screwed when duping further. Kabam is penalizing those that push too far too fast. Adapt your strategy.

Well said.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. I do that with 5* currently only opening featured but really want to dupe my 6* ghost and unfortunately she isn’t in the current pool.

I'm in the same boat. Need a ghost and sunspot dupe but went ahead and but the bullet anyway. Plus I need to dupe Doom and possibly save the AG
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    You should of got 7* shards