**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should I open my 6 star crystal? Or wait for more?

I’m about to 100% Act 5 with the last fight being the Collector. Once I beat him, I’ll have 100% on Act 5 and have my first 6 star crystal ready to open! But should I open it? I’m extremely scared that I might get something like an Abomination or King Groot. If I did, I’d have to wait an eternity for me to get another 6 star at which point there will be better 6 stars in the crystal! So what should I do? Open the crystal? Or wait for better heroes to get into the basic pull?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    It's always a gamble opening a crystal. Might as well open and hope for something useful outside arena. The odds are you may not, so just be prepared.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    It doesn't make much sense to wait, imo. You are right in saying that there will be more champs in the pool if you wait, but that will go both ways. Some of the newer champs over the last few months have been duds, and who knows what other filler champs will get put in as well. No matter when you open it, it's always going to be a risk.

I have no idea what your roster looks like, but keep in mind a 1/25 six star is roughly the same power level as a 4/55 five star. If you get even a decent pull, being able to get a 4/55 level champion without having to use catalysts can help a lot.

I say go for it, but at the end of the day it's your call. If you're not feeling it, go ahead and hang onto it until you're ready!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    @TKS87 made two great points. Waiting will increase the overall pool, but wouldn't really improve your odds. Also, it'd give you a 4/55, so that could help for you, especially if your roster isn't very developed
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    First 6* crystals are always trash I just hope you pull a good champion
  • Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124
    I think I’m gonna wait it out, Dr Doom, Mr Fantastic, Squirrel Girl and LOngshot are coming to the pool. I know it’s only 4 characters but those champs are just the definition of amazing and I wanna give myself, even if it’s the slightest chance, a chance to get one of those
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Open it. Most likely any champ you pull will help you somehow. You might get Abom, you might get Ghost.

My advice is not to let bad pulls drag you down. Just move on.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Naim54321 said:

I think I’m gonna wait it out, Dr Doom, Mr Fantastic, Squirrel Girl and LOngshot are coming to the pool. I know it’s only 4 characters but those champs are just the definition of amazing and I wanna give myself, even if it’s the slightest chance, a chance to get one of those

By waiting you’re also giving yourself the chance of joe fixit, Falcon, kamala, iron patriot, as well as doubling the chance of getting magneto as the other version of him enters the pool.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    One cautionary suggestion: don’t put so much emphasis on it. In a Kabam game, that’s the surest path to disappointment. In a 6* pool that’s overfilled with below average champs, you should prepare for the worst but hope for better.

But best of luck whatever you do.

Dr. Zola