**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awakening Gem Hunt Dilemma

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
With the awakening gem in the rifts in the next event and the ability to choose a path, which gem should I choose? I feel that my top three choices for a gem are colossus, AA, and CAIW. Which would be the best choice for an awakening gem? Are there other people that I should try to get a gem for? I do have a tech ag and some rank up gems.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Warlock and Darkhawk aren’t bad shouts for that Tech gem. Squirrel Girl really benefits from the awakened ability.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Warlock and Darkhawk aren’t bad shouts for that Tech gem. Squirrel Girl really benefits from the awakened ability.

I didn't really want to use it on warlock, as I don't consider it to be that good (imo). Regarding darkhawk, i could dump all my tech stones and generics to get him to about sig 80, but I don't know how much I would use him. Is squirrel girl's awakened ability more valuable that any of the three I mentioned above?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

I didn't really want to use it on warlock, as I don't consider it to be that good (imo). Regarding darkhawk, i could dump all my tech stones and generics to get him to about sig 80, but I don't know how much I would use him. Is squirrel girl's awakened ability more valuable that any of the three I mentioned above?
    First: How to Play Squirrel Girl:

It’s really about getting a high combo. The awakened ability helps immensely with getting big damage. She’s kind of like Ægon, but you really need forty hits, then pop off an Sp2 and do massive burst damage.

Every medium hit that makes contact, unless it’s a parry, attaches a bleed. Every light attack adds an extra combo hit. The final hit of your sp1 adds ten hits.

Every time you knock down an opponent, tippy toe attaches to that opponent, doing various things depending on how much combo you have.

Ideally, you want to have around 7-8 bleeds on the opponent, launch an sp2 while you have a combo of 40 or higher, and boom you have massive damage.

The reason why, as stated above, when Tippy Toe is attached to the opponent, he does various things, depending on his combo. When you have a forty combo or higher, he detonates each bleed active for a certain amount of damage. On a 5/65 five star, it detonates for 1584 damage per bleed. It’s also important to note that all bleeds on the opponent are paused during the attack.

So, let’s say you have 7 bleeds on the opponent with your 5/65 Squirrel Girl. You launch an sp2, which adds nine bleeds if I’m not mistaken (one for each hit), giving you 16 bleeds. They all detonate, giving you a massive burst of damage of...

drumroll please....

25,344.8 direct damage.

You don’t even need seven bleeds, something like 5 would work as well, as you would still get 22,176 direct damage.

Given, that’s from a rank 5 level 65 five star, but still.

With that knowledge, this is what the awakened ability does: The awakened ability gives Squirrel Girl an automatic 40 combo hits at the start of each fight, and a chance for Tippy Toe, when detonating the bleeds, to refresh the bleeds instead of consuming them, giving you that same burst damage, but also keeping the bleeds on your opponent to allow for even more damage.

So yeah, I’d say it’s useful to her character, but not over CAIW.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I'd personally save the Tech Gem. Warlock doesn't need it and while DarkHawk benefits, I would personally just save it for a better champion like Ghost or Sentinel. As for the gem from rifts, I'd personally have to say go for Mutant and awaken Colossus if you can't get CAIW to max sig. Especially since you have that Mutant R4 gem. He benefits from a high sig and I'd definitely dump every Mutant sig stone you have into him, but he doesn't need max sig like CAIW does. Just whatever you do, please don't listen to the person above me and go from Squirrel Girl.

P.S, while I'm giving advice, pop that R3 Cosmic gem into Venom ASAP.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Save it and see if hulkbuster needs it when he’s buffed
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll save the tech gem.

How good is archangel in act six? I prefer playing AA, but if colossus is more useful, I'll use a gem on him instead.

Also, I was gonna take venom up, but I was waiting to take warlock to r4 first, as I'm low on t4 basic and t1 a

How good is archangel in act six? I prefer playing AA, but if colossus is more useful, I'll use a gem on him instead.

Also, I was gonna take venom up, but I was waiting to take warlock to r4 first, as I'm low on t4 basic and t1 a

AA is great in lower Act 6. Colossus does amazing in all of it. AA just suffers from a lot of chip damage and champs with immunities in later Act 6. But I'd say if you enjoy AA more, definitely go for AA. Go with who you enjoy is my motto. I understand with Venom too. T4B and T1A shortages are rough, but Warlock is an amazing champ to use it on.
    Etjama said:

AA is great in lower Act 6. Colossus does amazing in all of it. AA just suffers from a lot of chip damage and champs with immunities in later Act 6. But I'd say if you enjoy AA more, definitely go for AA. Go with who you enjoy is my motto. I understand with Venom too. T4B and T1A shortages are rough, but Warlock is an amazing champ to use it on.
    Thanks! I think I might wait for some more opinions or watch some act six guides to see who is viable where
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Archangel
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited April 2020

Does this help? 😄

This is just a "guide". Personally, i'd only awaken champs I enjoy and will use.

yur talking sideways . you dont like warlock but yur taking him up over venom . huh . . . warlock is one of the top champs .

I said I don't really think his sig is necessary. I think he's a great champ without it, which is why I'm taking him to rank 4
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

With the awakening gem in the rifts in the next event and the ability to choose a path, which gem should I choose? I feel that my top three choices for a gem are colossus, AA, and CAIW. Which would be the best choice for an awakening gem? Are there other people that I should try to get a gem for? I do have a tech ag and some rank up gems.

What if RNG pops up a tech gem throughout your run. It can happen is kabaam after all

What if RNG pops up a tech gem throughout your run. It can happen is kabaam after all
    You get to choose if you want to go for the class in a certain run.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Ohhh tough! Cosmic for marvel, mutant you. n use it on AA, another tech for warlock and hold for G2099. Got choices, science for beardo!
    edited April 2020

Ohhh tough! Cosmic for marvel, mutant you. n use it on AA, another tech for warlock and hold for G2099. Got choices, science for beardo!

Yup. Curse of having good luck lol. Which do you think I should pick?
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Considering you have multiple options, you could not choose a specific gem to get and let RNG decide and you'll get more chances at getting multiple gems in that case. (18 rifts vs 13 plus gem of your choice)

In general: Spidey, CMM, Colossus, AA, Warlock, Cap IW, Darkhawk, Magic, SG (based on comment above). Any of those are good champs to awaken, plus others like IW and Emma. Varying degrees of "necessity" but if you let RNG decide instead of forcing choice then you get more chances to get more gems.
    edited April 2020
    Tru100 said:

Considering you have multiple options, you could not choose a specific gem to get and let RNG decide and you'll get more chances at getting multiple gems in that case. (18 rifts vs 13 plus gem of your choice)

In general: Spidey, CMM, Colossus, AA, Warlock, Cap IW, Darkhawk, Magic, SG (based on comment above). Any of those are good champs to awaken, plus others like IW and Emma. Varying degrees of "necessity" but if you let RNG decide instead of forcing choice then you get more chances to get more gems.

Hm that's a good point. I might consider the odds and if I really want one of them awakened. Thanks for the insight!

Edit: the chance is 3%. I'm don't think I'm willing to take the risk
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Presuming the event allows, you can run, say, 10 rifts and see what you get. RNG might be on your side, and then if not you can get the chronometer thing.

Also most those champs are pretty good unawakened. Not like an Omega, Aegon, Nick Fury situation. So it's 3% for the AG, but I'm looking at it more like 30-40% for "the good stuff" which here = whole t2a, 1K 6* shards (borderline value), t5b chunk, or whole featured 5* or 10K 5* shards. So a gem or full 5* or closer to your next r5 or 6*.

So if you don't get the gem but get a couple t2a, a 5* featured and 6* shards would you be mad at that? And you get 5 extra chances at that variety of options over one specific gem for a champ who benefits but doesn't need it and you may very well dupe soon.

All that said, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate cause I'm in similar scenario and deciding what I'll do. In my case I have a Void and an Omega and wondering if I'll hone in on awakening one (prob Omega) or press my rng luck.
    I've used the chronometer today for a mutant gem. Does anyone have any more thoughts on who to use the gem on? I have about 50 generic sigs and 20 mutant
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I've used the chronometer today for a mutant gem. Does anyone have any more thoughts on who to use the gem on? I have about 50 generic sigs and 20 mutant

Well we can give recommendations if you don’t post you you have

Well we can give recommendations if you don’t post you you have
    My roster is above
    edited May 2020
    Colossus, all the Mutant sigs you can. Though I personally would use any generics.