**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Maybe make sense eggs after playing?

Seriously, when will you acknowledge the performance issues leading to our devices overheating, and than having everything screwed on gameplay (parry, evade, slow frame rate etc.) and provide us info about what is causing it, how you fixing and when? Should I just stop playing till that happens?

Attached pic shows surreal cpu temp leading to massive throttle and 2 cores shutdown​, took after few minutes idle in a fight victory screen!

Comments

• Options
    I'm unable to attack picture directly so please check it out at https://www.facebook.com/itsvrto/posts/1836807219974108:0
  • Options
    I'm already considering to install Qualcomm's Snapdragon Profiler and check what's Unity doing with my CPU but honestly, this is your job not mine! Sorry but yeah, starting to loosing my temper on this matter...
  • Options
    FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    They should consider making this a PC game - then my i7 might be able to run it. Maybe if I Overclock
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I don't know if this has anything to do about this issue... But my phone can't charge while the game is open.
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has anything to do about this issue... But my phone can't charge while the game is open.

It definitely takes a lot of energy so you may end up with battery go down while charging, this happens with my iPad 2013 and with Nexus 5X foi, unless I am using the fast charger, in such case it becomes so hot than I could cook dinner for my kids...
  • Options
    Hey @vrto I haven't seen a lot of reports of players having issues with their devices overheating while playing MCOC. This is certainly concerning though! Can you please include additional details to assist our team with this? We'd need device make/model and OS as a start. Are you experiencing this with multiple devices? If so, please include as much detail as possible! Thanks!
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    In all honesty, it seems to me that overheating issues are the fault of the device manufacturer, not MCOC. I admit I could be wrong, but I don't see how MCOC could be blamed for anyone's device overheating.
  • Options
    Tenebrous, people make no idea what's going on, I am almost sure all those dash back, parrying and so on complaints are the consequences of their devices overheating! If I cool down my phone in the fridge I notice zero of these issues till it overheats again (and start limiting CPU performance, as shown in the pic, as safety measure to cool down). If I had to do a wild guess we are being hit same way as everyone complaining on Unity forums about devices overheating, specially on Android... Also note that room temperature influences device a lot, and summer seems to have arrived early here in Portugal, so expected that people in cooler places are not experiencing in so severe way.

Anyway I have offered myself to help many times, I don't mind to setup a CPU profiler to debug what's Unity doing, but really I need you guys to communicate, and need to know what's going on regarding fixing and testing, honestly seeing a non bug (dash back) being listed as fix under test is not very promising but let's talk cause this is the only app causing me trouble, preferably before it kills my device!

Devices in pain:

Nexus 5X + Android 6.0.1 rooted + ElementalX kernel tuned to underclock device CPU and generate less heat (this was a huge effort to be able to record 1080p + internal audio for videos while playing, which worked well till v13 was released)

iPad Air 2013 in latest iOS, didn't measure heat but back is burning while playing and all sort of performance issues show up.
  • Options
    In all honesty, it seems to me that overheating issues are the fault of the device manufacturer, not MCOC. I admit I could be wrong, but I don't see how MCOC could be blamed for anyone's device overheating.

Not hard to have faulty code pushing CPU to where it can't keep up, modern mobile CPUs were not made to work at max frequencies all the time as in the old days.
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    I really know nothing about that. I can imagine that it does happen, but it just seems so sinister. Like, if they REALLY try to write code to purposely overheat your device, then that should be illegal. It's certainly unethical.

My device does get really hot too, but it doesn't seem to affect my performance. Unless I've been playing for hours (which I often do), I may need to take a break to let the device cool down, but for the most part, I never really worry about my device overheating.
  • Options
    I really know nothing about that. I can imagine that it does happen, but it just seems so sinister. Like, if they REALLY try to write code to purposely overheat your device, then that should be illegal. It's certainly unethical.

My device does get really hot too, but it doesn't seem to affect my performance. Unless I've been playing for hours (which I often do), I may need to take a break to let the device cool down, but for the most part, I never really worry about my device overheating.

Never said this was done intentionally, that doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    vrto wrote: »
    Tenebrous, people make no idea what's going on, I am almost sure all those dash back, parrying and so on complaints are the consequences of their devices overheating! If I cool down my phone in the fridge I notice zero of these issues till it overheats again (and start limiting CPU performance, as shown in the pic, as safety measure to cool down). If I had to do a wild guess we are being hit same way as everyone complaining on Unity forums about devices overheating, specially on Android... Also note that room temperature influences device a lot, and summer seems to have arrived early here in Portugal, so expected that people in cooler places are not experiencing in so severe way.

Anyway I have offered myself to help many times, I don't mind to setup a CPU profiler to debug what's Unity doing, but really I need you guys to communicate, and need to know what's going on regarding fixing and testing, honestly seeing a non bug (dash back) being listed as fix under test is not very promising but let's talk cause this is the only app causing me trouble, preferably before it kills my device!

Devices in pain:

Nexus 5X + Android 6.0.1 rooted + ElementalX kernel tuned to underclock device CPU and generate less heat (this was a huge effort to be able to record 1080p + internal audio for videos while playing, which worked well till v13 was released)

iPad Air 2013 in latest iOS, didn't measure heat but back is burning while playing and all sort of performance issues show up.

@TenebrousTenebrific ^^
  • Options
    d4ul90wxkhhg.png
    Sanity check, I reflashed factory image of Android 6.0.1, and without any app other than MCOC and cpu monitor, since I can't record anything ATM... Cores shutdown even sooner cause stock starts throttle at 50C! Would be cool.to be able to recheck v12 and see if a game update can solve it or instead my device is now damaged due to heating.
  • Options
    I miss so much my iPhone 6S+, nota single day I don't curse whoever pickpocket it!
  • Options
    Would be really helpful if you guys gave it a look cause honestly making that Act 5 video series is the only reason I came back to the game!
  • Options
    Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    My old iPhone 5s got unreal hot while I played and had to play at 30 minute intervals. My iPhone 7 doesn't get nearly as hot, but it still does after playing for a long period of time.
  • Options
    GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    edited May 2017

There's a difference between bad programming and purposely writing code to overheat phones. And while I find it really hard to believe they'd do that on purpose, I absolutely see a lot of proof for bad, or let's say false, programming so far...

Edit: my phone (iP6) runs quiet hot too and starts acting up then. I started closing all apps in the background when this happens. Also game keeps crashing after hours of playing which cost me my legendary title (among other reasons like falling asleep in between ^^)
  • Options
    BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34
    I have exactly the same problem @vrto

My device is a new shield tablet which is supposed to be built for gaming. Ever since 12.0 I can't play it for more than 30mins before it starts to overheart like crazy, almost you could cook of it.

@TenebrousTenebrific you need to make devs aware
  • Options
    ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    My iPhone 5s got super hot while playing the game too. I just got an iPhone 6s and it doesn't seem to heat up as much but it definitely still heats up while playing MCOC. It's when I'm doing other stuff on it.
  • Options
    ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    It doesn't heat up when I'm doing other stuff on it.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 111
    FWIW, every time mine has been overheating there has been an OS update that I hadn't downloaded yet
  • Options
    vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited May 2017
    They simply don't give a **** about it, 5 days after the report of an issue that has safety concerns attached (hello 70C near a sensitive battery?) and all I got was a mod reply that just questions if there is an issue, that and a - frankly insulting - warning added to my account, due to thread bumps being against forum rules, as if I should just swallow and forget it... Maybe next comes thread deletion and that's it, problem solved!
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I never had issues like this with iphone, andriod is just outrageous!
  • Options
    int13hint13h Posts: 1
    I can add something to this problem.
    In winter I had my old Android tablet - Lenovo A3500F (yes it's old but it played this game well for around 1.5 years).
    And I found that I'm making too many typing errors: wrong letters, missing spaces and so on. And not only in in-game chat, but in line, chrome and other apps while this game was minimized. Closing the game magically restore the input.
    So this is definitely CPU load problem.

Now I have slightly faster Android tablet and don't see low fps like before, but facing dodge and parry problems too.
  • Options
    LogeyBear87LogeyBear87 Posts: 41
    My android device also gets very warm, never gave it much thought tbh
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My android phone will over heat from time to time playing this game
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Since updating to the new version of the game, are you noticing the same types of heating issues, or does this issues seem to be resolved now for you?

If you're still experiencing heating issues, please include some additional information for the team. While I don't have information to update you with, I can assure you our QA team does review the information provided in these bug report threads.

Info to include:

Device make/model:
    OS Version:
    Game Version:
    Time before heat becomes a concern (affecting gameplay/temperature):
    Any other important details you think may help our team:
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    hey just another thing to be aware of that device manufactures do state that
    1. your device may become hotter than usual whilst charging in a case.
    2. please remove case before charging wirelesly
    3. using device while charging will slow charging and possibly cause overheat.

i know that this is an issue for some and not for others and i also know that this is not ideal and none of us want this to be a problem just stating the facts.

any app that is intesive on the device will use alot of the phone system resources. use of the system resources cause heating and battery drain.
    charging also causes heating. combine the heating from the two. and then add the fact that your device is now working harder to charge as the battery is now also being drained whilst being charged and walla there is your problem.
    whilst there are some things that can be done to possibly optimize the code to increase power efficiency and system resource usage this is always going to be an issue and a bigger issue the older/lower powered your device is.
  • Options
    MarvelKeekMarvelKeek Posts: 31
    Device overheating is a thing with Unity engine. In searching for why this is happening to me, I went to Unity forums. Their forums are full of game designers begging to be helped as to why their games are causing cpu overheating. And how they can code it do avoid it.

I ALSO have major overheating unless all my other apps are closed when I run the game. Even then, after 90 minutes of play it's super hot to touch

Device make/model: LG Nexus 5/LG G6
    OS Version: Android 6.0.1
    Game Version: 13.0 (need to test more on 13.1)
    Time before heat becomes a concern (affecting gameplay/temperature): 90 minutes to 2 hours (I have a problem I know)
    Any other important details you think may help our team: when the temp spikes in game movements slow down to nothing. I'm not a developer so I am afraid I'm useless to provide more info
  • Options
    MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    I've noticed mine overheating as well. I run android newest os LGv20.