Options

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    This is disappointing to find out we have at least another season to deal with this node. It always take you longer to find issues that the community have or even predict much in advanced.
    I guess we are going to tank also the next season
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★

To be the Geico guy, I think people are upset because they wanted it taken out completely, for the most part. Some had suggested limiting it to one Stack. On the other side, they've said it's still meant to provide a challenge, and they were open to changing it again if need be, so I think it's fair to wait and see how things go next Season. You can always come back and register more feedback, but I tend to agree with what I stated earlier. It's meant to provide a certain degree of challenge by limiting what you can use.

To make it clear what the tons of players are telling, there is NO challenge. It's just rubbish. The change made is minuscule and just gives you a chance to stop the power gain at the chance of taking nice block damage. It doesn't address the fact that the power gain itself is ridiculous, or that we all know that AI does act very defensive, especially so with this node.
    Going to repeat what we've all said, but we're not the testers. That's not our job. To keep running through broken nodes to find more faults for the developers. And please stop replying on the thread about challenges. You haven't faced the node, aren't facing the node and spending items, so at this point, your opinion doesn't matter when we're the people suffering. Just stop.
    If it wasn't providing some sort of challenge, it wouldn't be the most used DT. It does provide a challenge because your options are narrower. As for testers, the game is developed and improved based on game play. We've been testers since we picked the game up. I can and will participate in any discussion I choose, but thanks for the feedback nonetheless.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

To be the Geico guy, I think people are upset because they wanted it taken out completely, for the most part. Some had suggested limiting it to one Stack. On the other side, they've said it's still meant to provide a challenge, and they were open to changing it again if need be, so I think it's fair to wait and see how things go next Season. You can always come back and register more feedback, but I tend to agree with what I stated earlier. It's meant to provide a certain degree of challenge by limiting what you can use.

To make it clear what the tons of players are telling, there is NO challenge. It's just rubbish. The change made is minuscule and just gives you a chance to stop the power gain at the chance of taking nice block damage. It doesn't address the fact that the power gain itself is ridiculous, or that we all know that AI does act very defensive, especially so with this node.
    Going to repeat what we've all said, but we're not the testers. That's not our job. To keep running through broken nodes to find more faults for the developers. And please stop replying on the thread about challenges. You haven't faced the node, aren't facing the node and spending items, so at this point, your opinion doesn't matter when we're the people suffering. Just stop.
    If it wasn't providing some sort of challenge, it wouldn't be the most used DT. It does provide a challenge because your options are narrower. As for testers, the game is developed and improved based on game play. We've been testers since we picked the game up. I can and will participate in any discussion I choose, but thanks for the feedback nonetheless.
    When only one DT is used, then what's the point of having others? Just remove them all.
    The game is improved based on gameplay. If we're the testers, then our opinions should be taken more than the way it is currently. But the nodes are supposed to be tested before putting it out. Seeing the widespread response, I doubt it was.
  • Options

When only one DT is used, then what's the point of having others? Just remove them all.
    The game is improved based on gameplay. If we're the testers, then our opinions should be taken more than the way it is currently. But the nodes are supposed to be tested before putting it out. Seeing the widespread response, I doubt it was.
    What I mean is we're all testers because it's a combination of data and feedback. No data, nothing to go on. However, there's also their own goals to consider as well. It's a give and take. They take feedback into account, look at the data, consider what outcome they're going for, and adjust accordingly. That's not the same as us calling the shots. It's evident they want to keep it as a Defense Tactic. They've been open-minded enough to make some adjustments and said they were open to making more after more data and feedback is collected. Sorry, but that's fair.
  • Options
    How about you stick to the point I made instead of resorting to some Meta synopsis of me and my behavior like we're on an episode of Dr. Phil?
  • Options
    It's not Rocket Science. In fact, it's common when it comes to things like this. The response indicates that they're not aiming for a total nerf of it, they are willing to adjust it. It's supposed to be tough. Is it still too tough? I can't say. Won't argue it. I think their response is fair regardless of whether they're right or the feedback is right. There's a difference between compromise and an ultimatum.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I like the idea of reducing potency if used more than once per week, and I also really like the idea of each BG required to use separate tactics. That would encourage more diversity and keep wars fresh. No more facing flow every war every bg.

Make it max 3 stacks first war of week used, then each subsequent war drop a stack and have a 5-10% drop in power gain. Same could happen with the other tactics; use the same one more than once a week and have them become 20-25% less effective.

At the same time maybe buff some of the lesser used ones to make them more attractive as well. I would even accept letting all 3 groups use the same tactic if each subsequent use made them weaker. That would force teams to find a good rotation between 3-4 different tactics, maybe even give bonus points for each unique tactic used per week.

Give an extra 10k+ points per different tactic used per war to reward those who mix it up.
  • Options
    Markjv81 said:

You think wrong.
    Heard it the first time.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Mninobody said:

@Kabam Miike can we ask who you (meaning the decision maker) spoke to in restructuring this node and what feedback you used to come to this decision? Wondering if you all understood the overwhelming response to this node made many either stop or want to stop AW? I believe Kabam’s intent is to make things fun and challenging and want to make sure you all are truly understanding the taste this is leaving.
    Can we get clarity into your decision and why?

The decisions were made on a number of factors, including the feedback in this thread and other areas of the Community. We agreed that it's too hard to work around, and more punishing in higher tiers (the stack limit was 5 and 4 in the highest tiers).

This is still meant to be a challenge and change up what Champions you choose to bring into War, as Defense Tactics have always meant to do. Alliance War is competitive and is not meant to be easy.
    Are you sure we play the same game?
    In this universe it only stacked up to 3.

So that wont help. While well timed blocks will help why not add them on top of it. Some champs like CCM and Doom have other abilities to stun champs. So that is a big nerf to them in war.

Im really dissapointed in your decision making and overall knowlegde of the game.

Man I even posted a screenshot at the TOP of the post to make sure everyone understands what Im talking about.

I didnt thought the YOU need that info.
    Just wow.
  • Options
    Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    Why take away the function of stunning champs to remove the power gain? So any champ that stuns with a special now is pretty useless especially CMM as her stun is pretty long, feel bad for people who have r3’d her, it should be well timed blocks AND stuns. Still wouldn’t be entirely fair with the disgusting power gain but would be something.
  • Options
    samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    It should be both like both well timed block nd stun