**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Specific Champs can't be controlled, but if you open enough, you'll have specific counters. Rarity, numbers of each Rarity, Rank of said Rarities, etc. Those are all measures of skill and progress.

Let's say you are presented with a chance at the lottery and a spot on a game show, let's say Jeopardy. One is based entirely on luck while the other plays on skill or knowledge. Which one would you choose? You get the same reward, but to you, the player, which one seems the most accessible, or the most doable?
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    That dude definitely doesn’t speak for me. I don’t even watch his videos. Don’t care to either.

He may be right about the direction the game is going but we’ve voiced our opinion and they don’t seem to listen. They think they fix the issues by putting a small bandaid on it but they’re missing the bigger picture.

The easiest one to point to is flow since it’s the most recent. They bandaid fixed it by allowing us to take block damage on a stun immune champ to remove the power gain. This doesn’t fix anything let’s say you are at 2% health and so is the AI Boss. You either die removing the flow or you let them get to L3 and your are dead anyways. Or on counter tactics you have a combo of 90 and they will get L3 or you block. You KO because the block damage is insane from the node. This doesn’t fix the issue it’s bandaids it.

Players quitting isn’t going to fix the issue, players not spending, alliances not running war is the way to get them to listen but that’s won’t happen, there are some 85 million players (not counting dead accounts and multiple account owners). Even if 40% of them stopped it would be huge.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Spending is not the only way to acquire Champs and Rank them. The most primary source of them is playing the game. Experience.

Arena, and even that is a matter of attacking it hard and hoping to get the rank need to get the champ you want. Outside of that it’s a tossup to the game “RNG”
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    to Kabam, I really think that beating a certain endgame content should reward a 6 star crystal with a limited pool consisting of only good champs, that would make the reward more satisfying, even though the content is difficult
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I don't know why people have still argued that years later. Your Roster has always been a measure of progress. Not just what content you've beaten.
  • Options
    AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    edited May 2020
    because of flow wars and after completing act 6 i am feeling demotivated to even play this game.everywhere is game there is unavoidable damage then what is use of skill.Open wallets and do a content.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Isnt ur level the deciding factor of progress, the higher ur level the more you have progressed, please correct me if I'm wrong
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    anyone knows where the administrator comment is? i cant find it through clicking the administrator button at the title of this post
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Here 🍿
  • Options

Sidd777 said:

It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    The fact that many have those 2*s to choose from makes it more accessible.
    But wouldn’t the fact that players have to be more skilled make it less accessible? In this case, the content would require more skill to complete than a specific counter to a specific combo of nodes
    Skill is also reflected in the quantity and quality of one's Roster.
    Big disagree with you here. Sure the quantity of your roster is a reflection of what content you are able to beat on a regular basis(being able to explore master and UC EQ will definitely give you alot more 5 and 6*s on average), BUT the quality of your roster(whether you get god tiers or trash champs) is ENTIRELY based on crystal RNG and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your skills.
    It's a byproduct of enough progress. We see this with lower Rarities. Play long enough, and there's only very few 4*s you don't have.
  • Options

I don't know why people have still argued that years later. Your Roster has always been a measure of progress. Not just what content you've beaten.

It is a measure of progress, but not of skill. I can progress through the exploration of Act 6 with a couple of Odins, but does that mean I'm skilled? No. It means that I can just use revives. Do I still get the same amount of rewards as the other person? Yes.
    Point is, you can't measure progress solely based on roster. What I can do without units, someone can do with units. Does that mean we're equally as skilled? Maybe, maybe not.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    anyone knows where the administrator comment is? i cant find it through clicking the administrator button at the title of this post

Sidd777 said:

It's not supposed to be as accessible as that. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Please, give me a reason why having challenging content, but making the player base make intelligent decisions on which 2*s to use isn't supposed to be accessible? I get that the content has to be reflective of the rewards, but if you incorporate 2*s, which many players have plenty of, you open a whole world of possibilities with nodes and counters.

For example, you could have a node that increased the attack rating of 2*s to that of a 6*, and have them face a 30,000 PI champ, but keep the health of the 2* the same, so that the player has to rely on intercepts and skill rather than just the same 5 hit parry combo. This reflects what Kabam is trying to achieve with the progressing of content, but also makes it accessible to higher-level players. In this case, it is accessible in a way that can be achieved by being skilled at the game, not just having insanely good luck.
    The fact that many have those 2*s to choose from makes it more accessible.
    But wouldn’t the fact that players have to be more skilled make it less accessible? In this case, the content would require more skill to complete than a specific counter to a specific combo of nodes
    Skill is also reflected in the quantity and quality of one's Roster.
    Big disagree with you here. Sure the quantity of your roster is a reflection of what content you are able to beat on a regular basis(being able to explore master and UC EQ will definitely give you alot more 5 and 6*s on average), BUT the quality of your roster(whether you get god tiers or trash champs) is ENTIRELY based on crystal RNG and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your skills.
    It's a byproduct of enough progress. We see this with lower Rarities. Play long enough, and there's only very few 4*s you don't have.
    Unless RNG is not in your favor and you keep getting the same champs over and over again, no amount of skill will change that fact, accept it.
  • Options

Yes, but it's smarter from a game developer's mindset to make content playable while challenging them. Yes, the content is challenging, but it's not playable. 7.1.2 Sabertooth can attest to that.
  • Options

It is a measure of progress, but not of skill. I can progress through the exploration of Act 6 with a couple of Odins, but does that mean I'm skilled? No. It means that I can just use revives. Do I still get the same amount of rewards as the other person? Yes.
    Point is, you can't measure progress solely based on roster. What I can do without units, someone can do with units. Does that mean we're equally as skilled? Maybe, maybe not.
    It's not solely on Roster because you also need skill to get there and get through it. It's another layer.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    gp87 said:

Please kabam, you don’t hear us. But please hear a person that speak for us.

• stop adding trash champs to 6* pool
    • stop making wars more difficult, more units, more potion and so meh rewards (from a plat 1 player)
    • we tired of WS , make a content like ROL for endgame players , we don’t care about 200 6* shards from arena, we don’t want to play arena all day.
    • change the ratio of champs at cavaliers , there are 3 stars there for people that have end abyss 100% and act 6 100% don’t you think the accessibility of six star should be bigger?

Please , tale care of your playerbase. Really sad to hear that from seatin, but very happy that one guy speak for all of us.

https://youtu.be/TiOAqCEE2SM

I agree with this post.

In addition to increasing 6* shard availability: talk about global nodes and options for future content.

Global nodes were made with the intention to make the defense more varied, but what wasn't accounted for is people will use the most "overpowered" global because they want to win.

THEREFORE, the outcome was AW just got much much harder and became more dependent on owning certain maxed "control tagged defenders", item use, and having the skills with a few select champs (let's be honest there is like 4-8 usable attackers, out of ~180).

What can be done?

Just throwing some ideas. Limitations to global, or having attacker node options that can counter defense nodes. For example 1)if a global is used more than once in a bg, it loses 50% effectiveness for across the board, 2)Each global can only be used once per bg, 3) attacker global nodes have the same lowered effectiveness if used consecutively in wars.

Future content: if what is "new content", is just the hp and attack of map champions are made to be higher, and releasing more complex, difficult, or even unavoidable damage nodes, will only earn Kabam money from pay to win through content players/grinders/arena botters.

Stop diluting the 6* pool with new 6* awful champs further. Instead, dilute the pool with desirable champs (this way you aren't outright giving good champs away, but giving players (old and new) an opportunity to have NOT have more odds of pulling a new unplayable champ to their collection as with the status quo. (Kabam knows which champs people don't use; look at things like champ usage, and grandmaster crystal purchases for featured champs. Let's be honest, no sane individual spent real money on grandmaster featured civil warrior crystals).

Some creative designs to consider:
    - NOT even higher attack defenders (it's already is one combo to face = death). More hp is ok for certain content, just not all future content.
    - minibosses in content with specials similar to grandmaster's sp1
    - (adding a swipe up/swipe down mechanic, press with two fingers? Or is that gonna be in MROC)
    - increase arena for only the first or first couple milestone rewards. This will level the playing field for people who barely play arena, vs. People who grind/bot for hours a day.
    - monthly leaderboard with some rewards
  • Options

Stop diluting the 6* pool with new 6* awful champs further. Instead, dilute the pool with desirable champs (this way you aren't outright giving good champs away, but giving players (old and new) an opportunity to have NOT have more odds of pulling a new unplayable champ to their collection as with the status quo. (Kabam knows which champs people don't use; look at things like champ usage, and grandmaster crystal purchases for featured champs. Let's be honest, no sane individual spent real money on grandmaster featured civil warrior crystals).

Dilute it with both. You need both for a balance, not just one or the other.