**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Thanks @Kabam Miike for your input about Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 1 (Act 7), the issue at hand is even thou its beta the concept was the same and once i went in and saw the attack i was able to clear most path but it was a headache and reminded me of act 6 which was in total horrible i can bet you my last dollar if you do a poll on how act 6 as a whole i can assure you about 80% of player base wouldn't be pleased and that's the issue, act 7 seems to pick right up with heavy attack boost crazy block damage and crazy node and champion specific also no fun at all, we play the game because its fun and interactive act 6 was by far the worst and even thou act 7 is beta it shows no improvement or nothing to assure us that you guys learn anything from act 6 which is disappointing, again story mode are suppose to be fun for everyone not just endgame players, make abys, variant, and LOL for end game players not a game story mode, I've completed everything in game so far 100%, only act 6.2 i didn't complete and have no plan on doing so. Act 6.4 the collector fight was fun and interactive, making game modes with crazy boost and unavoidable damage just don't make sense and is no fun for anyone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

ESF said:

This issue is so important — nobody wants more betas, no more eight-month waits

Give Cyclops and OG Storm and OG Captain America and OG Iron Man a Leadership passive exactly like CapIW, and boom, done

Make a Magneto buff Priority No. 1. Then a StarkTech characters buff Priority No. 2.

All stop. Implement in 30 days. Period. Full stop

They just don’t understand how much people want this kind of stuff to happen QUICKLY

And players like you don't understand how much time is needed for these reworks. It takes more than 30 days. You can't just halt everything for reworks. And how are you going to get the champs without betas?
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Not every character needs a full rework.

I understand this game just fine — they release Synergies every months, two characters every month. There’s no Beta before they drop. Just internal testing.

I am an old gamer with real-world corporate management experience, and I say this with all sincerity: If buffs were valued, they would get done as quickly as I said

For example, just say that Kabam knew that 25 percent of the player base would quit by June 15 if Magento wasn’t buffed

Just say that was something they knew

What do you think would happen?

Yeah they do internal testing for new champs because they're NEW. The public hasn't had those champs yet, so they have no expectations. But with reworks, the champion has been used and some issues have been highlighted. That's why there's both internal testing and betas, because 1) they want to make sure that the champ works, and 2) they want to see if the player base enjoys the new rework.

What you don't understand is that if there is no beta, Kabam could just drop another Joe Fixit on you in the rework because the players aren't testing it.

And buffs ARE valued. That's why they're still doing reworks.

Also, they can't just whip a rework out of nowhere, and "as quickly as [you] said" because they take time, just like anything, they take time. In your "real-world corporate management experience", how long does a project take to 1) be thought up as an idea 2) to be fully realized 3) to have components start to work 4) to begin assembling 5) to present a prototype 6) to troubleshoot 7) to advertise or test run 8) to troubleshoot again 9) to determine presentation 10) to roll out the final product?
    The concept of creative problem-solving is a bedrock of corporate management.

This isn’t a crisis, yet. It’s Day 1 of a YouTube post that caused a lot of people to vent.

But if a percentage of those people venting stop playing and/or spending over the next month and never return? Two months?

People get fired for failure to recognize fixable problems and not fixing them.

In my world, a quick Magneto buff would make the player base happy. You announce it tomorrow and you prioritize it and get it done in 30 days.

You don’t risk losing a single spender over basic dissatisfaction.

In your world, you let the fire burn until it destroys everything until it gets to your desk.

It’s a kit for a mobile game, man. I would literally fire someone who told me the only solution is to take eight more months to fix a Day 1 character, but maybe your workplace is different
    If it were as simple as adding a few Abilities and pumping them out in the next Update, you think it would take as long as it does?
    I can be that simple to go into the code and change a 5% fury to a 10% fury. Or a static number of 231 to 462. Lots of these champs don't need big buffs, just tiny tweaks to their current numbers to be useful.
    There's more than just the addition of Abilities and bumping up a few numbers. The game is a complex integrated and interdependent system, and changes have to be calculated overall and coincide with a number of other goals and systems that are affected. These effects need to be considered and factored in as well. Am I saying the process is perfect? No. Obviously there are times this misses the mark. However, it's necessary. Everything you change affects many other things. Not only in the present, but for future content as well.
    You don't have to add abilities to make the champions useful. Just increase some of the numbers like attack rating and numbers on abilities. That is not complex at all. I say this with full confidence as I have a hobby of coding. Additionally that is the reason for Betas which they now have. They can easily set up 2 champs a month put that champ on every node in act 1-6 and test out the interactions with different nodes.

Changing an attack rating from 100 to 200 won't break the game when the champion has pillow hands. Changing a fury from 5% to 10% isn't going to break the game when you have pillow hands as everyone can throw on a boost and see that pillow hands are still pillows. Small micro changes to the attributes is very easy and won't break the game for characters like groot who is utterly useless in any content.
    Just adding numbers willy-nilly is disastrous later on, and creates much more work for an already-stretched team.
  • _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Posts: 132
    I have seen my fair share of Alliance members walking away from the game and not coming back. I can honestly say 99% of these active players leaving is due to pulling less than desirable champions. Sometimes it takes a very unlucky streak to cause this, but the end result is frustration from high levels of content grinding just to be let down by a terrible champion pull. Additionally, I have *never* seen a more excited player base, than when old champions get revamped. Never. Not even close to new releases. Players love having their current roster of unplayable champions made more relevant.

I am sure introducing 2 new Champs (sometimes 3) into the game each month is very good for revenues. Early release crystals in the Unit Store and Early access bundles in the crystal vault no doubt bring in revenues. However, this must be weighed against player attrition. Customer loyalty, customer spending, and even new customers are all focuses of a good business strategy. Customer retention is another very important strategy to focus on.

If 99% of people walk away from the game due to pulling less than desirable champions, then shrink the pool of less than desirable champions. There was a time, a year ago, when 2 champions a month were being reworked. Some champions do not even need overhauls to be made relevant, just minor tweaks. No one is asking for every champion to be made Beyond God or even God tier. Just that there are about 59 champions that are below "low Demi-god" tier. That is 59 chances for a customer/player to quit each crystal roll. This can be improved very easily by reworking them to the God to Low Demi-God range. Not a game breaker.

Imagine the excitement players will feel when the hear the game they walked away from, due to underperforming champions, is making a focus to rework 2 champions a month.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom with all due respect, you’re not even elders bane yet. I agree that reworks take time and effort, but your stance on act 6 isn’t based in truth or fact, and you are simply providing two words of disagreement with people who are writing entire paragraphs on why act 6 content is unfair

You can keep trying to call me out, but I'm going to participate regardless of game progress. My thoughts are based on an understanding of the progression of content, the game overall, and an understanding of the processes and goals. I'm also not emotionally invested, so my thoughts are detached and not serving an end goal. Storymode becomes increasingly restrictive via Nodes and counters. The introduction of Act 6 brought a new level of restriction. Rarity. The purpose of this is really multifaceted. First, it adds another layer of challenge. As much as people argue that it's not challenging, it's still harder for people who don't have what they need. The second aspect is separating people based on game progress via their Roster. This is valuable because of things like Reward balance, future content, and leads into the third aspect. Longevity. It extends the goal of completion over time for people who still need to work on what they don't have. That's completely logical for permanent content. Whether people think it's too much or not is not my debate. What I'm stating is the overall goals and the purposes of having things like Gates in place. The entire argument stems from the restriction. I highly doubt as many people would argue against those two infamous Fights if they could use restricted Champs. It would just be another challenging Fight.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Hahaha, Kabam, we've been telling you for YEARS what is wrong with this game and you don't listen. So stop saying "we are listening to our feedback"! If you actually listened to our feedback then all these changes would be made already.
    1. 4* would be allowed in Act 6 and 7.
    2. All gates in Act 6 would be removed.
    3. Champion and Mr Sinister fights in 6.2 would be tuned down or remove some nodes.
    4. Attack values in Act 6 and 7 would be toned down by 1000%.
    5. Prestige wars would stop.
    6. Any node that does damage to you without getting hit would be removed (no retreat, close encounters, etc).
    7. Any node that you can't do damage unless you meet a certain requirement (can't stop, do you bleed, etc.)
    8. Fix backdrafting.
    9. Fix AI throwing specials when we are hitting their blocks.

These are changes we've been telling you for YEARS! These are the reasons people quit. If you did all these suggestions we've been telling you about for years, I GUARANTEE you would have more people playing this game. You have not done ONE of these suggestions.

You're way over exaggerating here. They do listen to feedback and have made lots of changes. Just because feedback is given, doesn't mean its actionable. For example from your post-
    Attack values toned down by 1000%- is this sarcastic or actual feedback you expect to happen? Its not realistic at all nor is it good feedback.

4* wont make it in act 6 at all if they were allowed. 5*'s are getting destroyed 4* wont make a difference. This horse has been beaten to death and we've already proved we dont need them to beat act 6.

AI throwing specials has already been proven ot works for both sides thus not broken.

As far as nodes go, im fine with a challenging fight but you are making crazy requests here. Some of these types of nodes need to be in the game. There has to be a challenge or we will never see high en rewards we want to see. You are basically asking them to strip away anything that makes a fight hard. No one wants to do realm of legends type of fights all day everyday.

Again, your idea of "listening to feedback" is that they implement everything you suggest. Thats never going to happen nor would it be good for the game.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Hahaha, Kabam, we've been telling you for YEARS what is wrong with this game and you don't listen. So stop saying "we are listening to our feedback"! If you actually listened to our feedback then all these changes would be made already.
    1. 4* would be allowed in Act 6 and 7.
    3. Champion and Mr Sinister fights in 6.2 would be tuned down or remove some nodes.
    4. Attack values in Act 6 and 7 would be toned down by 1000%.
    6. Any node that does damage to you without getting hit would be removed (no retreat, close encounters, etc).
    7. Any node that you can't do damage unless you meet a certain requirement (can't stop, do you bleed, etc.)
    8. Fix backdrafting.

These are changes we've been telling you for YEARS! These are the reasons people quit. If you did all these suggestions we've been telling you about for years, I GUARANTEE you would have more people playing this game. You have not done ONE of these suggestions.

Let me fix your list real quick
    1. 4* would be allowed in Act 6 and 7. Why? It wouldn't really matter outside of synergies
    I agree with the Champion, but not Mr. Sinister, since there's plenty of counters.
    4. Attack values in Act 6 and 7 would be toned down by 1000%. Now you're just overexaggerating
    6. Any node that does damage to you without getting hit would be removed (no retreat, close encounters, etc). I personally like Bane, Brute Force, and Close Encounters
    7. Any node that you can't do damage unless you meet a certain requirement (can't stop, do you bleed, etc.) Do you bleed ain't that bad. It's can't stop won't stop that's the problem
    8. Fix backdrafting.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    N
    Akumaccb said:

What takes the cake is kabam spent 8-10 months developing Incursions alone. I’m no developer, but 8-10 months can easily go into half the development cycle needed for a new Ubisoft Assassins’ Creed game that comes out yearly or every 2 years.

They could really have been way more productive in using that time to make changes that were more beneficial to the community. And tbh, incursions are boring the hell out of me now, I’ve already stopped doing it cos it seems like dungeons wrapped up in a new skin. Flashy at first but time consuming all the same. It feels like having an in-game second job whenever I did incursions.

I’m not F2P but I expect my money to have a better chance of paying off instead of just pure RNG. A “pity” system would be nice to reward those who have already gone in deep with a guaranteed shot at getting what they want based on what they’ve spent after a certain point, instead of continually feeding more cash into Kabam’s mouth and still having no end goal in sight. Yes of course you feel lucky when pulling a desirable featured after less than 10 pulls, but you feel like **** after having spent hundreds of dollars Each time and being handed a flaming pile of **** after all that.

Numerous Gatcha games out there right now reward your gamble with a pity system (you can use Tokens earned from multiple failed pulls to exchange for a guaranteed featured) or a higher chance at a featured as the last pull for every stack of 10 crystals that you purchase at the same time in a pack. At least this way there’s more of a semblance that certain aspects are under your control, instead of eternally fishing in the dark.

And to add on another point on the time it took to develop incursions... 8-10 months to push out a game mode where you were using existing assets instead of developing new assets or a new game engine? I find the lead time hard to believe in all honesty.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    I like the videos he does but seriously YouTube is paying him mega money and now they will pay him mega amounts more for everyone wanting to see it. I am glad he said something but regardlesss of beginner, uncollected, cavalier , endgame or whatever title someone wants to call themselves, he hit on some great points.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

I'm not one to usually get into debates but I figure I'll put where I stand in all this... Kabam you have gotten to a place where all the content you release is just cash grabs... Act 6 ...new act 7 will repeat the process. How do you expect F2p to continue playing your game if you put up all these walls. Sorry Kabam , you keep going this way and you are destined to sink in failure

Cash grab? it's always been like that.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★

I’ve been playing 2 years and am getting burned out personally. It’s not the the game is bad. It’s too Grindy for me. And my definition of challenging nodes is different from what the content creators believe is challenging I guess.

I don’t know the demographics but If I base it on generalities there’s a core audience. And then there’s casual players. And new players. The latter 2 usually outnumber the core. The core stays no matter what. The other 2 can fluctuate greatly.

I say this as the game seems to have skewed to the core. AW, Act 6 and 7. Etc.

The problem with that is pigeonholing. I don’t mind challenging content. But I have to say. If you have to grind for several hours or every fight is 100-200 hits I would posit the vast majority of people don’t have that kind of time to devote (pandemic circumstances not withstanding )

I'm in the same boat with you
    Sure I like something difficult that will keep me focused but I'm mainly here for the story behind mcoc and a decent amount of players are here for that too
    And honestly main story content should never be mind wrecking and annoying with the need for certain champs to avoid said headaches.
    If you want to create high tier challenges then do so with event quests
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Well thank you for fixing my post lol. Very glad to hear feedback on what others think. Those are just my experiences and frustrations in the game in my playing carreer.
    Yes I was exaggerating about the attack values. I don't know what the actual numbers would be but I would guess attack values of act 5 + 100% would be acceptable. 30k attack is just stupid, you have to be with me on that.
    I personally don't find it fun to take damage when I don't get hit. Just a personal preference.
    Yes 4* for synergies and to clear lanes. I don't have a 5 or 6* wasp or Void. So yes I'd love to bring my 4* wasp to act 6. There was an incinerate lane somewhere in act 6. And when it first came out, literally the only good option was Void. So yes I would have used my 4* Void there over my 5* Mephisto lol.
    I may be wrong on this but watching Seatin's video of the Modok chapter in act 7, it looked like 8 out of the 9 lanes did damage to you if you didn't follow certain rules or bring very specific champs. Now how is that fun? That sabertooth looked horrible to fight. That mercy node is garbage. And for years we've been asking them to get rid of Aspect of War. Now we are begging them to just give us a 50 second timer lol. They won't even do that.

The root of all this evil is money. Kabam wants to make the most money, they honestly don't care if their game is fun anymore. That's the main problem we are all trying to get at, we just want the game to be more fun. All the things I listed in my original post are not fun to me. And all of them have been huge threads on these forums so I'm not the only one thinking those aren't fun. Just work on making your game more fun Kabam, that's all we are asking for.
  • Virtual_PhantomVirtual_Phantom Posts: 12
    Honestly my two sense may not be heard, but it wouldn't make sense for me not to at least try. I started playing in early 2016. I had some extra money and before I knew it, it was gone all to this game. Granted, I could have been smarter. I decided after 2 month's to quit. So come to present day a few months ago, I stumbled upon one of Seatin's videos, and if it weren't for him, I would've never started playing again nor would have I kept playing these past couple months. His walkthroughs have been absolutely essential to my progression in story mode. Well it's come to a point that the game's terrible RNG has royally F***** me into the ground. I have spent some of my extra money for progression, but I refuse to spend it on Crystals in which don't even gaurantee the champs I need in act 6. I have only 2 usuable 5* champs in act 6 out of the whopping 17 that I've opened and 1 of them requires synergy just to be decent. That is ****... Act 3 and 4 imo were really fun to play and act 4, yet long and challenging for me, didn't require good RNG on champions to complete. Even some of Act 5 was this way. The ONLY reason I spent money on units during that time was for energy to complete and THAT's how it should be. IF it were that way, I'd spend so much more money on crystals because I wouldn't have to worry about such dissappointing pulls. Making the game unplayable for people with bad RNG is a fast ticket to people quitting. This is just one issue and it relates to more mid-game players which is where I am myself. Upon starting to play again, I now start hearing about these problems even happening to end game players, it makes me not even want to put more effort or money into the game. I don't want to be required to put money constantly into potions/revives to progress. It's not fair. If you put in the footwork to obtain and upgrade champions, you should be rewarded by being able to at the very least progress though story mode content. Even though Seatin hasn't quit, it doesn't mean he won't, along with many others who get burnt by the low rewards, bad RNG, and almost required potion spending in later content. If you are only looking for someone to play arena, and the monthly story content which is completely free to complete, that is how it will become for most players, especially mid-game. I will not spend anymore money on progression or crystal until something is addressed to make the game cheaper and more achievable. I'll go back to putting more time into Clash Royale who actually listens and rewards their players.