**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GhriffinGhriffin Posts: 45
    Title says it all and basically exemplifies the reason I just can't be bothered to play the game anymore.

Put in 5 hours or more for a monthly one shot, get 1/5th a 6* star champ and after a couple months pull something completely irrelevant that hasn't been updated since the start of the game.

No thanks. If and when the direction of the game changes.......... We can achieve progress in a reasonable amount of time while slogging through repetitive and boring content, I may give it a try other go, till then, said my piece to my alliance and I'm out.

Kabam, take a look at your current model and data. Are you losing or gaining more players?

May be time to revamp some things, including making it easier to get the champs people want to play and less likely they spend a month or 2 months grinding for something completely irrelevant.

Just a suggestion
  • ŁeftyŁefty Posts: 0
    After seeing all the act 7 stuff and everything I went through to 100% act 6 I’m seriously about done. I’ve loved this game for so long. So many years. And I don’t like the seatin very much but man he’s right. This game is dying.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    IMO the games success is a part of the problem. MCOC is the best fighting game on mobile rn there’s not even a close second. Lack of competition gives Kabam no motivation to make the game more player friendly because what other fighting game are you gonna play? RPG games like SDS: Grand Cross are becoming the rage and $1 gets you $1000 that’s where kabam’s focus is at
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    To slove the roster problem, i think they need to introduce a new shop and price system to buy champ that you want so that people could have champ to counter specific node in act, eq,.. like the one in Transformer game also make by kabam, This way even RNG don't let your roster improve, you still a guaranteer way to get champ you want.
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    They will make some small changes and then they will bring back the bs , nothing will change this game is diying 17 members of my alliance a quitting tomorrow after war , platinum level for years, all tired and burned out to get one great 6 star in a year, encounter nodes and wrong war matchmaking, thank iu veri maci #nothingisgonnachange
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    slacker said:

To slove the roster problem, i think they need to introduce a new shop and price system to buy champ that you want so that people could have champ to counter specific node in act, eq,.. like the one in Transformer game also make by kabam, This way even RNG don't let your roster improve, you still a guaranteer way to get champ you want.

Or they can add champs to the milestones in arenas which would be much easier. Btw where is the t2A arena or t5b arena?
  • Peteyaces_72Peteyaces_72 Posts: 29
    I’ve given a lot of thought to the state of the game. I was certainly turned off by a lot of Act 6. Champion boss was not fun and several nodes were limiting so much of roster use.

Going into act 7 beta I was excited for some changes and was left disappointed. More crazy nodes which are so annoying and ridiculous that it’s more of a chore than something to enjoy.

I want to be clear, I think challenging content is important but with challenging content, it also needs to be fun and shouldn’t require me to wait until I find a specific option amongst 170 characters. I had a lot of fun doing Act 5. It was challenging but I could use a lot of my roster.

I gave thought to what I find fun in this game and what I find fun in other games. For me, big numbers can be fun or unique buffs. I think that is what was so appealing about the Grandmaster fight. You can do it with almost any champ, there are phases where you can dish out some insane damage number and that makes you feel powerful. Now, not every fight can be like the grandmaster but you can take elements of it and include it into nodes. Or you can look at incursions... I love the random buffs and putting them up against tough nodes. It’s still hard but it’s exciting.

Maybe they can look at their nodes they have developed and include an empowerment buff with them. Like Mercy you need to dex and transfer before you can do normal damage otherwise you only do 10% damage. A more fun node would be you do 10% damage but if you dex and transfer, you do 150% for x number of seconds and you can refresh this damage increase every time you intercept the opponent but if you get hit, you lose the buff and need to start over. It rewards skill, makes you take chances and you might have fun with big numbers.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    a

slacker said:

Or they can add champs to the milestones in arenas which would be much easier. Btw where is the t2A arena or t5b arena?
    That’s the other thing, we need more arenas and the current ones need to be reworked to give out more rank rewards. 1,000 five star shards and 100 six star shards are no longer as valuable as they used to be. Also, the t4cc arena doesn’t even give out any t4cc crystals in the milestones! At this point in the game, we should either be getting two to three t4cc for that arena or a t4cc selector
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the best content Kabam have put in this game to date has been Variant 4

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

Except it was so easy that almost everyone with a decent roster can explore it.
    That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    edited May 2020

Hey Everybody, I know this thread is continuing to grow, and there's lots of feedback here. You've kicked off some big discussions, and we've got lots to think about. I don't have anything more to add, and we probably won't have much to say for a few days, but I didn't want to end the day without letting you all know that you've been heard and that we're talking about your concerns.

To think that it takes seatin leaving his alliance and voicing his dislike for the game's direction for us to get a more in-depth discussion with kabam.
    It didn't take Seatin. As with many things he posts on YouTube, the followers picket here. Which is no disrespect to him. He's only one Player. People tend to cram here in droves after a controversial video comes up. In fact, I can usually tell when one's been posted because the Forum lights up with the same topics.
    Savage said:

xNig said:

Bulmkt said:

the best content Kabam have put in this game to date has been Variant 4

the requirement to use champs from all Star rating levels was excellent and they need more it.

Except it was so easy that almost everyone with a decent roster can explore it.
    That's the whole point, and it's the number one reason people aren't happy with the Gates. It makes the content not for everyone. Everyone and their dog got through Uncollected. It's not even a challenge now. All people need to do is look up some YouTube and they can do it within a matter of months of starting the game.
    It's also worth pointing out that Seatin makes content that caters to a certain demographic learning how to get through content, and that's most likely a motivating factor for the stance against Gates. However, it's not meant for the average Roster. (I don't even want to get into 2*s in Book 2.)
    Well here's the thing you seem to fail to understand. I am a highly skilled player and leveled up and brought my top options such as a r2 6* warlock, torch, 5* Claire, Omega etc. and I still struggled with beating the content. All that is telling me is that these paths are only beatable with the 3 best champs in the game, max boosts, and a ton of revives.
    I'm talking about the Gates restricting 4*s.
    Savage said:

Spending is not the only way to acquire Champs and Rank them. The most primary source of them is playing the game. Experience.

Spending is the only way to avoid the rut than many of us get into of months and months and months without a champ we want to do anything with. Spending is the only way to avoid potentially going years without the one counter that works for a particular fight. 6*s entered the contest in January of 2018. It took me over 2 years to get one that I wanted to rank. Spending is the only cure for that.
    One that you want, perhaps. Could also just be the result of good luck. We're also forgetting that new Champs are added each month, and other counters could be in the works down the road. Years depends on the availability of 6* Shards and that can be increased. Then as much as I don't want to trigger anyone, I have to point out that it's reasonable to have some content that can't be done right away, and the fact that people can start Accounts and go all the way to Uncollected in a matter of months indicates it's a bit too easy TBH.
    Well it's a shame this year is filled with a lot of mediocre champions not capable of these insanely difficult contents.
    It's May.
  • Rupp20304Rupp20304 Posts: 37

Kabam
    Please stop making nodes only 3 champs can effectively counter. Stop making us choose between saving resources or making us spend resources and money to play our favorite champs. Not all champs need a rework, it’s the nodes that could be made different. Make map 7 more fun and versatile by making a plethora of champs viable options for us to play with. Don’t make us wait around for months trying to pull that one champ that will help us progress, let us play with who we want to play with
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★

Seatin doesn’t speak for me op

and @SpideyFunko

if you didn't jump down his throat, you could point out where he said Seatin speaks for you?
    Yeah sure, no problem:

Now, could you point out to me where I jumped his throat?