**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss Green Goblin - Punitive and Poorly Designed Fight

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So doing another run of Abyss to finally get to 100% and, man, what a jerk move this fight truly is. To not only give him this "shield", but also to make him a 5.8M HP champ, jerk move folks. Far worse than Acid Wash Mysterio or some of the other poorly designed in game fights. This fight is designed to be a unit dump and that just seems mean. I expect some Abyss fights to be challenging but usually those ones are at least fun, this fight is just cruel and a blatant cash grab where there is almost no way to simply skill your way past it.

Not cool

Comments

• Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    Armor break
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    edited May 2020
    dude, use corvus, or for god's sake even OG Iron man will work, or just use someone who has huge DOT, like torch up there
  • Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66
    Second line in description is ur sloution lol
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    H_I_Z said:

dude, use corvus, or for god's sake even OG Iron man will work, or just use someone who has huge DOT, like torch up there

Clearly you're not at all familiar with the design of this fight or of Abyss in general. Corvus is a terrible choice to bring for this content and he would be neutered when his charges run out.

Add in the fact that GG has some of the hardest to evade specials and that compounds the nightmare
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Odd I’ve seen people use cull to solo that fight...nerf be real
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Nick works fine any good damage armour break champ, and I’ve seen someone use aegon, and while it wasn’t cheap it worked with the s2 if you get the big furies beforehand
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

H_I_Z said:

Clearly you're not at all familiar with the design of this fight or of Abyss in general. Corvus is a terrible choice to bring for this content and he would be neutered when his charges run out.

Add in the fact that GG has some of the hardest to evade specials and that compounds the nightmare
    Corvus actually is pretty solid in abyss because you can play him in a way where you use the hit charges as your crits and play super passive while the glance is down, it’s difficult and fairly slow but he has a surprisingly high reach within the hit cap
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    ya super simple fight with nick, definitely not one of the more challenging ones

ya super simple fight with nick, definitely not one of the more challenging ones

Define "super simple" and give your unit cost spent on tackling it
    Lvernon15 said:

DalBot said:

H_I_Z said:

Corvus actually is pretty solid in abyss because you can play him in a way where you use the hit charges as your crits and play super passive while the glance is down, it’s difficult and fairly slow but he has a surprisingly high reach within the hit cap
    That sounds absolutely miserable. You're going to waste valuable hits with wet noodles when the charges or out, either that or waste charges when the AI gets mad on the timer
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Define "super simple" and give your unit cost spent on tackling it
    oh man it's been a little while, maybe 4-5 revives?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

H_I_Z said:

Eh, you're going to die in the Abyss no matter what. If you're trying to minimize unit costs it's all about maximizing your damage per hit.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Warlock?
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Many people have used NF, including myself. Boost up, put a passive bleed on, and spam mllll. What danielmath said above, 5-6 revives.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,441 ★★★★
    Least u have nick
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    DalBot said:

H_I_Z said:

His sp1 is easy his sp2 may be harder to get used to but it not impossible lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Venom the Duck?
    CptIW with Cosmic synergy (and bring a tech to reverse his regen as well)?
    Venom? (P99 is after that GG fight)

Just saying..