**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.

Just because that’s what you would set it doesn’t mean it’s a good value. 20K might be reasonable for a class crystal but 30K is ridiculous for a nexus.
    It's not ridiculous at all. If you want a choice, you have to pay a cost. The 6* was given for Act 6. You think it's going to be that cheap? 20k to narrow down the RNG to Class. 30k to have your choice of 3 is not unreasonable.
    You say that like it's a PHC. Lol. Put one out for 30k I guarantee people will opt for it. 3 chances at what you want is better than one.
    While I would like to see nexus crystals permanently available for shards, mostly as an alternative to the currently available types of crystals, I do not see that actually improving the roadblock problem.

Anything besides class and/or tag/role crystals would only simulate a solution.

And even besides that, 30k is completely unreasonable. I don't get why that would make sense to anyone here.

With that price tag I would be able to then choose between paying 30k to have 3 chances for 1 champ or pay 30k to have 3 chances for 3 champs. That doesn't make any sense to me, whether I'd currently need a specific champ or not. In both cases I'd always logically go for 3 basics instead of 1 nexus.

15k would be okay, 20k would be a stretch.
    I think that's grossly undervaluing the Crystal. One of the factors into cost is the RNG. Drop Rate for example. Being able to have your choice of 3 is quite a valuable commodity. It's essentially a Crystal and 2 redos. That shouldn't come that cheap.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

6*s don't HAVE to be good bc they take longer to get. You shouldn't expect crystals to give you better champs bc you got the shards from beating difficult content. 5*s were exactly the same a few years ago. These threads are still always silly

That’s a fair point. But when content is made to be 6* specific it’s not exactly the same as 5* in the past
    Feel free to list all the 6* specific content besides a small number of paths in 6.2, most of which can actually still be done with your 5*s and a few 6*s as passengers to get through the gate
  • Frostyg02ukFrostyg02uk Posts: 46

6*s don't HAVE to be good bc they take longer to get. You shouldn't expect crystals to give you better champs bc you got the shards from beating difficult content. 5*s were exactly the same a few years ago. These threads are still always silly

The difference in game content when 5* first came out and now with 6* is night and day. It’s like comparing apples to airplanes. You can’t be serious
    There is almost no game content that requires you to use 6*s at all and the incredibly small amount that does most certainly does not require the best champs in the game to finish it. So that isn't even a valid point when talking about 6*s....
    So you can 100% act 6 without using 6*?

The difference in game content when 5* first came out and now with 6* is night and day. It’s like comparing apples to airplanes. You can’t be serious
    There is almost no game content that requires you to use 6*s at all and the incredibly small amount that does most certainly does not require the best champs in the game to finish it. So that isn't even a valid point when talking about 6*s....
    You can basically do the 6* gates with almost any 6* champ. None of them are overly difficult and you still have multiple 5*s with you for all but 2 of them.
  • Frostyg02ukFrostyg02uk Posts: 46

You can basically do the 6* gates with almost any 6* champ. None of them are overly difficult and you still have multiple 5*s with you for all but 2 of them.
    Yes or no?

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    Even if kabam listen to us and they to implement all these changes which wild drastically improve players quality of life in the game, it will still take months to implement. IMO AQ and AW need a whole revamp and that on it's own will take many months to implement. This means that the state of the game can stay like this for the next few months until these changes get implemented. So...we're gonna have to deal with this and keep our heads cool for quite some time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

Actually 30k seems about what I would set it at. 20k for a Class Crystal. 15 for Featured.

Just because that’s what you would set it doesn’t mean it’s a good value. 20K might be reasonable for a class crystal but 30K is ridiculous for a nexus.
    It's not ridiculous at all. If you want a choice, you have to pay a cost. The 6* was given for Act 6. You think it's going to be that cheap? 20k to narrow down the RNG to Class. 30k to have your choice of 3 is not unreasonable.
    You say that like it's a PHC. Lol. Put one out for 30k I guarantee people will opt for it. 3 chances at what you want is better than one.
    While I would like to see nexus crystals permanently available for shards, mostly as an alternative to the currently available types of crystals, I do not see that actually improving the roadblock problem.

And even besides that, 30k is completely unreasonable. I don't get why that would make sense to anyone here.

With that price tag I would be able to then choose between paying 30k to have 3 chances for 1 champ or pay 30k to have 3 chances for 3 champs. That doesn't make any sense to me, whether I'd currently need a specific champ or not. In both cases I'd always logically go for 3 basics instead of 1 nexus.

I think that's grossly undervaluing the Crystal. One of the factors into cost is the RNG. Drop Rate for example. Being able to have your choice of 3 is quite a valuable commodity. It's essentially a Crystal and 2 redos. That shouldn't come that cheap.
    I'm not going further into this, because I already know that we'll only turn in circles.

According to your very own descriptions a nexus crystal is nothing but 3 basics, but worse.

They both draw from the same pool.

Both provide 3 chances from that pool.

One only let's you keep 1 champ the other all 3.

It does not follow to have them priced at 30k. There's no logic to that.
    Actually there is. It isn't 3 Basics. With 3 Basics, you roll an outcome and you are locked in with whatever one comes up. A Nexus is your choice of 3. It's 1 Basic with the opportunity to roll it 3 times. That shouldn't come for the price of a Featured.
    Even the 6.2.5 6* gate really only has 1 fight that really sucks without a specific counter and that's magik.
    edited May 2020

Yes or no?

What do you mean yes or no? This isn't about whether or not there are 6*s in the game or not this is a pity party with people crying about the ones they get not being good enough.

As long as there are 6*s in the game at all your can you 100% act 6 without 6*s isn't a point at all
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

I'm not going further into this, because I already know that we'll only turn in circles.

According to your very own descriptions a nexus crystal is nothing but 3 basics, but worse.

Actually there is. It isn't 3 Basics. With 3 Basics, you roll an outcome and you are locked in with whatever one comes up. A Nexus is your choice of 3. It's 1 Basic with the opportunity to roll it 3 times. That shouldn't come for the price of a Featured.
    It doesnt have to come to the price of featured. Making it 30k just doesnt make sense for me and I can bet it's not me alone, in all the games I've played when theres something basic and theres another item which can offer 3 times the value (which in mcoc case its only 3 times the value for 1) doesnt have to be 3 times but comes with a little chip at the price. Maybe soemthing between 20k and 25k for a 5 star nexus crystal. Therefore eliminating complain that its just a basic crystal that is worse for value. Making it 20 to 25k makes it seem logical and will encourage ppl to go for the nexus, but all in all this is just my opinion on how to make the nexus crystal value
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I would say 20K is a good price. From a mathematical standpoint, it's easier to get the champion you want from a nexus crystal than from 2 regular crystals. So I'd say if you're willing to lose out on an extra champ/iso/gold/sigs for a desired champion, it's a fair price. Anything lower wouldn't amount to the changes in RNG you're making. In a way, you're choosing the champion that you want, which regular crystals don't offer. By changing the extent to which RNG influences your pull, you must also pay a price too.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★

First of all I was only responding to your ridiculous assertion that 5* when first released were as desirable for content as 6* are today. The original 5* pool was utter trash with SL as the only “god tier” champ available for months. The most difficult content out was ROL which still, with enough skill, can be Completed with 3*s. Content for months/years after 5* release could still be completed with 4* champs (only chapter 1 of act 4 was released)
    As for your second argument if you’ve played the act 7 beta you’d know that 6*s are going to be required if for nothing else their higher health pools. Basic opponents have 13k attack which is almost half the health pool of a fully maxed out 5*. Mini boss and boss fights have over 30k attack which is more than the health pool of 90% of maxed out 5*s. The node combinations kabam has put in calls for specific counters so yes you will need the best champs available or the ability to spend like a whale.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Even if kabam listen to us and they to implement all these changes which wild drastically improve players quality of life in the game, it will still take months to implement. IMO AQ and AW need a whole revamp and that on it's own will take many months to implement. This means that the state of the game can stay like this for the next few months until these changes get implemented. So...we're gonna have to deal with this and keep our heads cool for quite some time

So long as they are open and transparent about the changes they are making and the timeline they have with them, I think most people will be happy with that. I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t expect instant change. What I do expect is for them to listen to our suggestions, discuss them, get a post out no later than next Wednesday that details the changes they decided to make and why, and then provide us with a timeline as soon as they have one. Regular updates is also a must have.

First of all I was only responding to your ridiculous assertion that 5* when first released were as desirable for content as 6* are today. The original 5* pool was utter trash with SL as the only “god tier” champ available for months. The most difficult content out was ROL which still, with enough skill, can be Completed with 3*s. Content for months/years after 5* release could still be completed with 4* champs (only chapter 1 of act 4 was released)
    As for your second argument if you’ve played the act 7 beta you’d know that 6*s are going to be required if for nothing else their higher health pools. Basic opponents have 13k attack which is almost half the health pool of a fully maxed out 5*. Mini boss and boss fights have over 30k attack which is more than the health pool of 90% of maxed out 5*s. The node combinations kabam has put in calls for specific counters so yes you will need the best champs available or the ability to spend like a whale.
    I've absolutely played the beta and have used lots of different 5 and 6* champs in it. It also doesn't matter as the developers have come out and flat out said they'll be making wholesale changes to the content.

So you still have basically no point claiming that you NEED better 6*s more frequently. You just want them. I'm not holding anyone wanting better champions against them but to falsely claim that they're needed currently is just that, false.
    In fact so far probably the most valuable champion for the beta isn't even available as a 6*, Quake. So there goes that point again
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    Some suggestions:
    1) Please update the game so cavalier players get grandmaster crystal (or cavalier-the name says it all) and not premium from Arenas. Gettin 2* with a max of 4* is ridiculous at that level.
    2)And with over +170 characters, make possible to buy nexus crystals with shards as well. Otherwise it’s nearly impossible to get what you want.
    3) Create a new cavalier level to the monthly quest, uncollected is easy and prizes not exciting anymore.
    Thanks!!!

However, there is another aspect to it and that’s that the nexus also can’t give out less champs than it’s cost. If it costs 20K, most people will go for two basics because you get two champs for the price of two champs versus one for the price of two.
    That makes the practical minimum price 15K, the same price as a featured.
    The optimal price is 12.5K. People pay 15K for the featured for a chance at the new champion and a smaller pool, but the nexus crystal does not have the new champs in it and has the same sized pool as the basic. That makes it have less value than the featured, but it still has more value than the basic, which is why 12.5K is the optimal price as it halfway between a basic and a featured.

I wouldn't say that most people would go for the basics if they were priced at 20K.

Let's say the ratio of good champions to the entire pool is 1/4. So imagine the pool was only 4 champs. 3 bad, 1 good.

You buy 2 regular crystals, and you have 7/16 a chance at getting the good champ at least once.

You buy a nexus, and you have 3/4 of a chance at getting the good champ.

So which one is the better deal? That's up to the player.

You could get 2 good champs out of the 2 regular crystals. Or 1 bad, 1 good. Or 2 bad, which is the more likely outcome.

Or...

You could get a nexus crystal and get the good champ 3 out of 4 times. This would be better in terms of probability since 3/4>7/16.

So, the nexus crystal is better, probability-wise, therefore, it deserves that high price point, around 20k.

I've absolutely played the beta and have used lots of different 5 and 6* champs in it. It also doesn't matter as the developers have come out and flat out said they'll be making wholesale changes to the content.

So you still have basically no point claiming that you NEED better 6*s more frequently. You just want them. I'm not holding anyone wanting better champions against them but to falsely claim that they're needed currently is just that, false.
    Yes because kabam always makes things better for the players lol. Also this is just act 1 so it’s not unreasonable to assume that content will be even more difficult in later acts. Kabam is clearly moving towards 6*s and 5* will be obsolete just like 4*s were when 5*s took over.

20k would be a lot more reasonable than 30k, but it still wouldn't entice me personally to get 1 nexus instead of 2 basics. I personally already hardly feel enticed to get 1 featured instead of 1 1/2 basics, even if the featured provides a much better chance to get a specific champ that also is in the basic pool than a nexus does.

Especially that makes me personally value nexus crystals at most on the level of featursd crystals.

I don't see how they are that glorified.

There are what? About 166 champs in the basic pool?

When we just look at "chance to pull specific champ" then we have:

10k: basic 1 in 166

15k: featured 1 in 24

20k: nexus 3 in 166

That simply doesn't follow for me, especially when we look at this in the context of solving the actual roadblock issues players have with the rng.

But what you have to consider is the pool in the current featured. Sometimes the nexus will be more enticing than the featured, ie: right now. But, if the featured pool has a few good champs, then it might seem more logical to go for the featured. But the act of actually picking a champ is what makes the nexus so good. You, the player, could thwart some of that age-old RNG and pick what you want, unlike the featureds or regular crystals.
    edited May 2020

#JusticeForJoel

100% abyss just to get shafted.
    seen way to many abyss and act 6* 100% openings and people pulling nothing to help them.

That sucks, but in the end, it's just luck, man.

Yes because kabam always makes things better for the players lol. Also this is just act 1 so it’s not unreasonable to assume that content will be even more difficult in later acts. Kabam is clearly moving towards 6*s and 5* will be obsolete just like 4*s were when 5*s took over.
    So basically what you're saying is that currently you don't NEED 6*s....

In fact so far probably the most valuable champion for the beta isn't even available as a 6*, Quake. So there goes that point again

Well it’s a good thing everyone has a quake (roll eyes) isn’t it. 140+ 5*s on my roster no quake no domino no omega no cap civil war among others. How silly do you sound saying it’s possible because of 1 champ. Kabam miike is that you?