**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    QuikPik said:

A huge quality of life improvement for AQ is to remove the majority of linked nodes. For example in map5 in section 1, path 4 needs to move first to delink paths 3 and 5. Then path 3 needs to move to delink path 4. Then path 4 needs to move again to delink paths 3 and 5. That forces path 3 and 4 people to be fairly active and delink one another before one of them either goes to bed or is busy for a few hours.

You should remove all these links and place links to bosses at aggregation points. Like in section 1 on map 5 put a link to boss where paths 6/7/8 meet at the top. This way as long as 1 person gets there the boss link will be down. It will give people more freedom to move on their own schedule rather than we they need to unlink someone else.

100% Agree, there’s too much progression slowing in AQ, we don’t need timers+cross path nodes+nodded mini bosses. Please remove some so we can pay on more on our own schedule.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    AQ/AW should not require constant 100% participation from each alliance member. There should be a buffer that allows for people to take vacations or even just 1 day off without screwing up the entire AQ/AW.

Would also allow different people to focus on the aspects of the game they enjoy the most.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Amadeo01 said:

QuikPik said:

A huge quality of life improvement for AQ is to remove the majority of linked nodes. For example in map5 in section 1, path 4 needs to move first to delink paths 3 and 5. Then path 3 needs to move to delink path 4. Then path 4 needs to move again to delink paths 3 and 5. That forces path 3 and 4 people to be fairly active and delink one another before one of them either goes to bed or is busy for a few hours.

You should remove all these links and place links to bosses at aggregation points. Like in section 1 on map 5 put a link to boss where paths 6/7/8 meet at the top. This way as long as 1 person gets there the boss link will be down. It will give people more freedom to move on their own schedule rather than we they need to unlink someone else.

I don't know exactly what Kabam developers had in mind, but I would think that the reason why they have all those links is to encourage that kind of team-reliance. I am more in the camp of leaving the links as is (or reducing them slightly) but reducing the AQ timers because it'll be a lot more chill to say "ok, well I'm still linked, but I will have enough energy to clear no problem" vs "if this guy doesn't wake up or get out of his work meeting in the next hour, I'm going to be wasting energy and not have enough to clear".
    I don't understand this AQ energy debate. Surely the solution is just play map 4?

We get over 100m running 2 map 4 and 1 map 3. If everyone moves, we finish them 5-6 hours before it's up. There's only 6 nodes on map 4 you kind of "have to" take down before attacking a boss.

And no donations.

If map 5/6/7 is too much of a time sink, requires logging in at daft times, loads of coordination and the donations cost too much. Don't run it.

With the change in glory store, it's easy to get well over 3300 glory every 8 days, a bunch of map 5 and 6 crystals and only have to log in 3 times to AQ. Just run map 4.

In short, I really don't see AQ as an issue unless you are in the top 500 or so, prestige chasing alliances.

Act 6, painful node combinations and the feeling that p2w is the only way to get ahead, is surely more of an issue?
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    TheJargon said:

QuikPik said:

100% Agree, there’s too much progression slowing in AQ, we don’t need timers+cross path nodes+nodded mini bosses. Please remove some so we can pay on more on our own schedule.
    I'm not even sure what purpose it serves to have nodes in the first place. When AQ started, it was on a lower map, with few nodes, and was probably okay, but its not like it adds anything positive to the experience. Most alliances I've been in chat in a general chat room and not in AQ or AW, there its just "Clear" or "Can you move".

It would probably be a nice idea to keep content for a set period of time before replacing it with something fresh and new. Most games now have seasons where content is released and once a new season start's the old content is retired.
  • DomLDomL Posts: 9

Hlpr35 said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Lovek said:

We need aq and aw 30mins timers permanently. For finish it faster and have more quieting in real life

Disagree.

What I have seen happen in many alliances is people getting all worked up and pushing others to login more frequently to get AQ and AW done earlier, which will disrupt real life more.

1 hour timers are fine given the length of AQ, as long as everyone is responsible and do their part. One login every 4-5 hours for 5 mins is not much to ask for.
    You can keep waiting 1 hour with your alliance then even after time reduce
    Yeah we do that even with 30 min timers. We get done with map 6 around 9pm my time regardless of timers. Lol
    Ok but this isn't mean you need object to this request, either time change or not nothing will change for you but some people busy and cant login every single hour
    Not objecting to it. Personally, I just find that it’s not required. I can put forth an argument that AQ energy should be 1 min per energy with 20 energy cap so people can sit down, have a 10 person mass org... and clear it in one sitting then go about with real life.

Thing is, if people can’t commit to one login per 5 hours (which is the bare essential for Map 5), then they shouldn’t be doing Map 5 in the first place. Map 4 requires around one login per 6-7 hours, Map 3 even less, once every 8-9 hours.

True, some people might have last min emergencies but it is not going to be a regular occurrence. In the worst case scenario, where someone has to go off for Map 6 Tier 3 because he has to catch a flight or something, I’m sure 1 less Map 6 crystal will not make or break the entire alliance.

All in all, it just requires clear communication to, and understanding from, every single player in the alliance that sometimes things just don’t go the ideal route and everyone should make do and understand that it is not that particular player’s intention to sabotage the entire alliance.
    And even starting of aq, we starting with 3 energy and this game isn't playing only in USA im living in Turkey and im not sure but i guess its start like 11 pm in my country so we spend 3 energy waited 2 hours and make 5 energy then most of us have to sleep after that, we wake up morning and prepare to work, road to work, already more than 10 hours wasted now you can do math imagine playing d6 or 7 and imagine you are busy on work, am i playing game for relaxing or to be more anxious?
    Hlpr35 said:

Man, all these people that care to respond to you are actual saints. They also do it in a respectful manner which seems such a hard thing to do cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting. Please do not spam this thread so the rest can have a constructive discussion and give feedback.

"cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting"

I agree with some of their points. Even if you don't agree, it doesn't give you the right to silence someone. This is a forum where we can have a discussion about our opinions on the current state of the game. By attacking another player and telling them their opinion is not valid/needed when they are just giving constructive feedback and doing it in a civil manner, you are creating a toxic and hostile environment, which is the opposite of what we want right now.

It's not necessary to play AQ, and you can rotate between maps so it's less of a burden. In the end, it's solely down to your alliance leader and whether or not they can 1) organize the alliance and strategize regarding the maps and 2) whether they can work around other players' schedules. If not, I think you should find another alliance that is better suited to your needs. AQ/AW is entirely optional. Some of the players I know don't even touch it, yet they're still doing fine.

Finally, telling someone to "shut up" is very disrespectful and has no place in this forum. We're all here to offer our opinions whether you like it or not. If you disagree with an opinion, there is a button for that. However, telling a player to "shut up" is not only childish, but it also shows Kabam that you can't have a civil conversation. If you can't have a civil conversation among your peers online, how are you supposed to have a civil conversation with your boss, or your co-workers in real life?
    With your logic if there is any problem with aq don't need to play aq, if have a problem with arena don't need play arena so if we have any problem with game we shouldn't do feedback we just quit game because don't need play this game, you are not doing conversation, you think you do but you are not, you are objecting to every opinion and request players do,this thread open to do feedback so if you have any requests your own do it, if you don't then don't object to others
    First of all, I'm not saying not to play AQ. I said that it was optional for progression. Secondly, I never said you couldn't give feedback. I'm not objecting to any opinions, I'm just sharing my opinion, just like you are. Please tell me where I have "objected" instead of just having a civil conversation. Third, I am offering a solution to your problem. You said that your personal life cannot cope sometimes with AQ/AW. I understand that. Being a student, I'm in school for the majority of my day, where I can't access my phone on a regular basis. This means sometimes I have to sacrifice a spot in the AQ. Of course, I bring this up with my alliance leader, and he understands. I'm not saying you shouldn't do AQ if you don't like it, I'm just saying that since your main reason with your dissatisfaction of AQ is the time it takes for the recharge of energy and how it clashes with your real life, to explain your situation with your alliance leader. I'm sure they will be understanding.

Lastly, this thread is for players to share insights and opinions. I can respond to an opinion if I don't agree to try to understand why they feel that way. In no way am I being disrespectful. I can disagree as I please, as can you. By disagreeing, I'm not objecting, I'm just offering another point of view.
    AQ is not optional at all for progression !????!! Of'course it is !!!! Every alliance request you do AQ or AW. The Glory you get out of it is the only way for many summoners to get basic 5 catalyst fragment more easily and same with alpha2.....my alliance only do full 4 because five is too much Time consuming... We do have the skill to do 5 or 6 but at work sorry it's not possible and everybody in our alliance have a job and a family so even with commitement most of us can't afford to do 5 moves even when the AQ start at 9pm sharp because some of them wake up at 4 or 5am to go go work and so on ....that's the'current life of thousand of people... .. How do you rank up your champs without those ressources..... How do you clear content without ruining you in potions and rea when you don't have tons of 5r5 everything is linked.....why do people leave their alliance lately ??? Because of preasure ans stress of AQ and AW and a middle summoner can barely progress alone. ''so no !!! We don''t have the choise not doing AQ or AW that's why so many summoners ask a decent way to do it even top players like BrianGrant or Seatin....or lagacy who confessed by the Time he was not a youtuber he had to hide in the toilet to play the game. Yeah right.......!!!!! But maybe they were in alliance where they dunno how to manage the Time correctly.....
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Kabam, any announcement about all of this?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    DomL said:

AQ is not optional at all for progression !????!! Of'course it is !!!! Every alliance request you do AQ or AW. The Glory you get out of it is the only way for many summoners to get basic 5 catalyst fragment more easily and same with alpha2.....my alliance only do full 4 because five is too much Time consuming... We do have the skill to do 5 or 6 but at work sorry it's not possible and everybody in our alliance have a job and a family so even with commitement most of us can't afford to do 5 moves even when the AQ start at 9pm sharp because some of them wake up at 4 or 5am to go go work and so on ....that's the'current life of thousand of people... .. How do you rank up your champs without those ressources..... How do you clear content without ruining you in potions and rea when you don't have tons of 5r5 everything is linked.....why do people leave their alliance lately ??? Because of preasure ans stress of AQ and AW and a middle summoner can barely progress alone. ''so no !!! We don''t have the choise not doing AQ or AW that's why so many summoners ask a decent way to do it even top players like BrianGrant or Seatin....or lagacy who confessed by the Time he was not a youtuber he had to hide in the toilet to play the game. Yeah right.......!!!!! But maybe they were in alliance where they dunno how to manage the Time correctly.....

I said what I said. I agree that some aspects of AQ should be changed, but increasing the amount of energy per hour is not it in my opinion. This comment does nothing but to reroute this thread. Thank you.
  • Hlpr35Hlpr35 Posts: 119

Hlpr35 said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Hlpr35 said:

xNig said:

Lovek said:

We need aq and aw 30mins timers permanently. For finish it faster and have more quieting in real life

Disagree.

What I have seen happen in many alliances is people getting all worked up and pushing others to login more frequently to get AQ and AW done earlier, which will disrupt real life more.

1 hour timers are fine given the length of AQ, as long as everyone is responsible and do their part. One login every 4-5 hours for 5 mins is not much to ask for.
    You can keep waiting 1 hour with your alliance then even after time reduce
    Yeah we do that even with 30 min timers. We get done with map 6 around 9pm my time regardless of timers. Lol
    Ok but this isn't mean you need object to this request, either time change or not nothing will change for you but some people busy and cant login every single hour
    Not objecting to it. Personally, I just find that it’s not required. I can put forth an argument that AQ energy should be 1 min per energy with 20 energy cap so people can sit down, have a 10 person mass org... and clear it in one sitting then go about with real life.

Thing is, if people can’t commit to one login per 5 hours (which is the bare essential for Map 5), then they shouldn’t be doing Map 5 in the first place. Map 4 requires around one login per 6-7 hours, Map 3 even less, once every 8-9 hours.

True, some people might have last min emergencies but it is not going to be a regular occurrence. In the worst case scenario, where someone has to go off for Map 6 Tier 3 because he has to catch a flight or something, I’m sure 1 less Map 6 crystal will not make or break the entire alliance.

All in all, it just requires clear communication to, and understanding from, every single player in the alliance that sometimes things just don’t go the ideal route and everyone should make do and understand that it is not that particular player’s intention to sabotage the entire alliance.
    And even starting of aq, we starting with 3 energy and this game isn't playing only in USA im living in Turkey and im not sure but i guess its start like 11 pm in my country so we spend 3 energy waited 2 hours and make 5 energy then most of us have to sleep after that, we wake up morning and prepare to work, road to work, already more than 10 hours wasted now you can do math imagine playing d6 or 7 and imagine you are busy on work, am i playing game for relaxing or to be more anxious?
    Hlpr35 said:

Man, all these people that care to respond to you are actual saints. They also do it in a respectful manner which seems such a hard thing to do cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting. Please do not spam this thread so the rest can have a constructive discussion and give feedback.

"cause nothing you have said in the past 40 pages are shared by or agreed on by another and yet you just keep on posting"

I agree with some of their points. Even if you don't agree, it doesn't give you the right to silence someone. This is a forum where we can have a discussion about our opinions on the current state of the game. By attacking another player and telling them their opinion is not valid/needed when they are just giving constructive feedback and doing it in a civil manner, you are creating a toxic and hostile environment, which is the opposite of what we want right now.

It's not necessary to play AQ, and you can rotate between maps so it's less of a burden. In the end, it's solely down to your alliance leader and whether or not they can 1) organize the alliance and strategize regarding the maps and 2) whether they can work around other players' schedules. If not, I think you should find another alliance that is better suited to your needs. AQ/AW is entirely optional. Some of the players I know don't even touch it, yet they're still doing fine.

Finally, telling someone to "shut up" is very disrespectful and has no place in this forum. We're all here to offer our opinions whether you like it or not. If you disagree with an opinion, there is a button for that. However, telling a player to "shut up" is not only childish, but it also shows Kabam that you can't have a civil conversation. If you can't have a civil conversation among your peers online, how are you supposed to have a civil conversation with your boss, or your co-workers in real life?
    With your logic if there is any problem with aq don't need to play aq, if have a problem with arena don't need play arena so if we have any problem with game we shouldn't do feedback we just quit game because don't need play this game, you are not doing conversation, you think you do but you are not, you are objecting to every opinion and request players do,this thread open to do feedback so if you have any requests your own do it, if you don't then don't object to others
    First of all, I'm not saying not to play AQ. I said that it was optional for progression. Secondly, I never said you couldn't give feedback. I'm not objecting to any opinions, I'm just sharing my opinion, just like you are. Please tell me where I have "objected" instead of just having a civil conversation. Third, I am offering a solution to your problem. You said that your personal life cannot cope sometimes with AQ/AW. I understand that. Being a student, I'm in school for the majority of my day, where I can't access my phone on a regular basis. This means sometimes I have to sacrifice a spot in the AQ. Of course, I bring this up with my alliance leader, and he understands. I'm not saying you shouldn't do AQ if you don't like it, I'm just saying that since your main reason with your dissatisfaction of AQ is the time it takes for the recharge of energy and how it clashes with your real life, to explain your situation with your alliance leader. I'm sure they will be understanding.

Lastly, this thread is for players to share insights and opinions. I can respond to an opinion if I don't agree to try to understand why they feel that way. In no way am I being disrespectful. I can disagree as I please, as can you. By disagreeing, I'm not objecting, I'm just offering another point of view.
    İf im busy im already telling it to my alliance,but im not only one who complain about that and this thread can change somethings and im saying if they do some changes in energy no one need to tell anything to alliance everyone can easily arrange their time, if you are busy tell your alliance means 'don't want it from kabam just tell your alliance'
  • ChrisBosioChrisBosio Posts: 50
    Review the link below if you would like to better understand why Kabam does the things they do. They are a for profit company and they will tailor the experience to generate revenue as all for profit companies do. They have limited resources to spend in house to generate a product and a fair amount of those resources must go to building the technologies that they can profit off of. Additionally, any and everything that they put into the game must align with the ultimate goal which is to make money.

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/kabam-inc?page=5

The majority of the patents that they have received are built with the idea that you have to tailor the experience to benefit spending; in some cases, tiered spending.

I have no issues with this personally as it is their right to generate revenue. I don't think that they always go about it the right way and I certainly think that there are some details we are not provided about drop rates/offers/etc. but that is the risk you take playing any game that is constructed in this way. I have recently returned to FTP after moderately spending on the game for about a year and have noticed a significant drop in quality of the champs I pull, resources I need not being pulled, and connection issues in various areas of the game. Kabam owns patents on all of these things being dictated by spending and as much as it is frustrating, it is technically their right to do as they please.

It is something worth noting and of course my experience is not large enough to draw conclusions as there are millions of accounts, FTP or not. Just my own experience and regardless of my experience, Kabam does own the technologies to manipulate in game chance based on spending. Whether it has been implemented or not is likely never to be divulged to the player base and there is no reason to think that they should.

Kabam has every right to run their game as they see fit and I assume that if they address a large number of issues that have arisen in this thread, they will retain the majority of their long-term players. I very much enjoy this game and hope that it sees continued success in the future. Ultimately it is not up to me though as a person that no longer spends. Change will be driven by one group of players in MCOC; those willing to shell out significant money to play/win. If and only if they decide to stop spending, the game will see improvements that the FTP player base seeks.

@Kabam Miike you do a pretty good job on here all things considered. You have a tough job to balance who you work for and the customers you serve. The messenger has long been the person that receives the worst of it and you handle it quite well and with class. This post isn't intended to "incite a riot" or to create problems in any way. Rather, the idea is to share with the people of this community that a logical understanding of Kabam as a company will drive a better understanding of how they operate and the best avenues for change.
    edited May 2020
    i hope kabam this time don't ignore players requests, otherwise it will be beginning of the end for this game, clearly no one wanting something extreme and most of wants are common such as,
    1)Reduce the time for fill energy in aq and aw, increase the beginning energy 3 to 5
    2)Aq and aw rewards should be better, Aq cost should be reduce
    3)Arena shouldn't be a main source of gold make another ways to gain gold
    4)Fix act 6
    5)Buff the old champions who need buff and do it quickly please, dont add them in 6 star crystal until get buffed
    Do that and this game will be best game ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Not yet, and as we mentioned before, there probably won't be for a while. There's a lot of feedback here, and we need time to absorb it and address it.

I will remind everybody once again to refrain from arguing in this thread, and the forums in general.
    Alright, thanks for clearing things up! You said that in the next week or two, there will be an announcement about the future of MCOC. Is this still the plan or have things changed because of this thread?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Not yet, and as we mentioned before, there probably won't be for a while. There's a lot of feedback here, and we need time to absorb it and address it.

I will remind everybody once again to refrain from arguing in this thread, and the forums in general.
    You mentioned a sort of roadmap of the upcoming things in coming months and possibly getting permission to release it earlier, is that still a possibility or?

You mentioned a sort of roadmap of the upcoming things in coming months and possibly getting permission to release it earlier, is that still a possibility or?
    Yeah I would like to know this as well because currently, the future of MCOC is very vague.

'There is a lot of feedback here'. İs it can be because you ignore them for years?just asking.İ made a list of them only two comments before you can deliver to headquarter,
    1)Reduce the time for fill energy in aq and aw, increase the beginning energy 3 to 5
    2)Aq and aw rewards should be better, Aq cost should be reduce
    3)Arena shouldn't be a main source of gold make another ways to gain gold
    4)Fix act 6
    5)Buff the old champions who need buff and do it quickly please, dont add them in 6 star crystal until get buffed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    tafre said:

Thanks for the update but I am pretty sure that people would like to know what you mean by "a while". I am guessing that people are expecting something by Friday at the latest. I was personally waiting to hear from you guys by Wednesday. We hope and also expect something soon in case you are not aware.
    Yeah I got my hopes up when Miike said that he would be releasing a roadmap in the next week or two a few days ago (he said he would try to release it earlier), so I'm expecting some sort of roadmap announcement this week.

tafre said:

Thanks for the update but I am pretty sure that people would like to know what you mean by "a while". I am guessing that people are expecting something by Friday at the latest. I was personally waiting to hear from you guys by Wednesday. We hope and also expect something soon in case you are not aware.
    Maybe, but it might be longer. I am not going to rush a solution just to do it quickly because there are a lot of points here that are important to our players. Making changes to a timeline isn't quick or easy, and we've already taken a big step by taking a step back to look at Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 1 again.
    Let's say crawling, there is major problems in game some of them need take a look alright but some of them obvious, if you don't do it and do it now you'll lost
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Ultimatums aren't helping communication. They're discussing the concerns people put forth. I think that needs to be respected.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Y_T said:

6*s don't HAVE to be good bc they take longer to get. You shouldn't expect crystals to give you better champs bc you got the shards from beating difficult content. 5*s were exactly the same a few years ago. These threads are still always silly

The difference in game content when 5* first came out and now with 6* is night and day. It’s like comparing apples to airplanes. You can’t be serious
    There is almost no game content that requires you to use 6*s at all and the incredibly small amount that does most certainly does not require the best champs in the game to finish it. So that isn't even a valid point when talking about 6*s....
    So you can 100% act 6 without using 6*?
    It's entirely possible to do Act 6 without six stars. For the most part, I have done explored it with my r5s. I did use my r2 Sym Supreme for the 6.2.6 Champion 100% and r2 Ghost for 6.4.1 Iceman, but that is only because I don't have Sym as a five star and my five star Ghost is only r4. My point is that in the current progression of the game, of exploring Act 6, 6 stars are functionally no more important than five stars since most players typically don't have an r3 6 star and r2 6 stars are basically r5 five stars.
    uurm what about the 6* gates?? You sure you explored 6?
    You’re right, I should’ve said aside from the six star gates. For all the six star gates except for the one in 6.2.6 I didn’t even use my six stars for lane clearing since I don’t have very good ones

@Hlpr35 and everyone wanting to pressure Kabam to drop info really soon. Please give Kabam the time they need to figure out what things they want to prioritize while fixing. Be patient for the announcement, this is definitely something that I, personally, do not want rushed AT ALL. I really hope these past few days (is that how long it's been?) are really going to be taken in by Kabam to make this game better. I enjoy and love this game and would hate for all the upcoming ideas and additions into the contest to be lost in time.

İm not wanting rush them but some of this problems knowing for at least 2 years yet they still say 'a while' isnt that weird? Personally i don't trust them