**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Does Nick Fury need to be awakened for The Abyss

ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
edited May 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled a 5* Doom and have took him to Rank 5 immediately. He was the last piece of 4 horsemen for me. Content wise I have 100% all variants, acts 1-5, and 6.1 and have done initial completion of act 6 in general. At this point I’d rather go for an initial clear of Abyss rather than finish exploring 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4

For the four horsemen I have

5* Aegon R5/200
5* HT R5/60
5* DrDoom R5/20
6* NF R1 unawakened

Does Nick Fury need to be duped for an initial abyss clear? I can’t find anything on Reddit or forums that says one way or another, and of everything I have researched, nick fury is the least talked about horsemen in videos, and is mentioned as the one that is most replaceable?

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
    Yeah I plan on doing the easy path, I thought nick was needed more for science champs
    I’ve heard he is good for the power sting stuff because of his unstunability?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aegon is perfectly fine for iw, used him on my first path with 2 revives
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Nick is least talked about because Nick is not really needed.

On the easy path, he is only needed for Invisible Woman fight and HT can do that really well as he doesn’t miss over 10 temperature and gets smoulders by blocking her specials.

Aegon is a much better choice, he doesn’t hit all that hard in that fight and due to the 260k health force field he will hardly do any damage each try
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    If you can fit AA into your squad, AA works against IW as well since she will constantly be under a debuff that will allow you to bypass the stun when sting expires.

The neuros will also stop her shield from reactivating due to AAR.
    Okay so it’s sounding like there is no real need for Nick a Fury then...why was he dubbed one of the 4 horsemen? lol I have all four like I said, but nick isn’t awakened..I’m hoping to actually get a skill awakening gem from Abyss to use on him
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

On the easy path, he is only needed for Invisible Woman fight and HT can do that really well as he doesn’t miss over 10 temperature and gets smoulders by blocking her specials.

Aegon is a much better choice, he doesn’t hit all that hard in that fight and due to the 260k health force field he will hardly do any damage each try
    I used HT .. 1 or 2 revives... he hits like a truck once he has accumulated a lot of smoulders. Each sp1 of IW gives 2 smoulders. Don't need to worry about power sting as she will always have an incinerate debuff.
    Or you could use Ægon and not take all that Sp1 block damage.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Okay so it’s sounding like there is no real need for Nick a Fury then...why was he dubbed one of the 4 horsemen? lol I have all four like I said, but nick isn’t awakened..I’m hoping to actually get a skill awakening gem from Abyss to use on him

Attack synergies, evade synergy with Quake, and he still has great uses for a lot of fights, but you really want him awakened. Something nice too is that most of his damage comes from bleeds, so his hit counter won't be nearly as high as other champs doing around the same damage as him. That means that he can do more damage in that hit count you're allotted in Abyss. Again though, you'll really need him awakened for anything in Abyss other than synergies.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lvernon15 said:

Haji_Saab said:

I used HT .. 1 or 2 revives... he hits like a truck once he has accumulated a lot of smoulders. Each sp1 of IW gives 2 smoulders. Don't need to worry about power sting as she will always have an incinerate debuff.
    Or you could use Ægon and not take all that Sp1 block damage.
    Due to IW’s regular debuffs a single point in willpower will heal back any block damage, additionally any power sting damage or damage due taken due to error; this also allows you to run the entire fight without potions. HT is superior to Aegon for the fight and equal to Nick.