**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unintended heavies

I've been playing this game for about 5 years and this afternoon my Galaxy S20 Snapdragon started exhibiting a weird behavior for the first time. It started to occasionally throw unintended heavies while I was attempting MllllM combos. It would do it on the second or third light attack occasionally. So in an arena fight it would do it 2 to 3 times. It is doing this in every game mode and doing it fairly consistently.
My previous device, Galaxy Note 8, would occasionally do this but maybe once or twice a week. I can live with that but not in almost every fight. Any suggestions? I restarted my device multiple times, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app. Again, this started this afternoon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PalistesPalistes Posts: 156 ★★
    I don't have that phone, but it is most likely the refresh rate. I had that exact issue when I got my Pixel 4, and I had to drop from 90 to 60 Hz and that fixed it.
  • PsychopathiccPsychopathicc Posts: 22
    Mine started doing that after the update, I have the same phone, it would be nice if this could get resolved, it messed up my arena streak
  • AmarriteAmarrite Posts: 50
    My s20 plus does the same thing. I noticed it seems to do it with 120hz.i wish they would fix this.
  • Unitas187Unitas187 Posts: 7
    Solrac_2 said:

Thanks for the help! I can confirm that changing the screen from 120hz to 60hz absolutely fixes the issue. However, I bought this phone for the 120hz screen and it such a disappointment to have to change the entire system for one app. Kabam, please fix this so that within your app we have the option to change it to either 60, 90, or 120hz, or just fix the issues with it running above 60hz. I had no issues at 120hz until the last update.

I have the S20 Ultra and I have the same exact issue. Had the phone for over a month and no problems til Monday. So the 120hz screen worked until a a few days. Doesnt make any sense, hope it gets fixed.
  • JpadillafxJpadillafx Posts: 4
    Exact same issue here. I have the S20 Ultra. Random heavies got me killed a couple times already. Hope they fix asap

jpadillafx
  • NoobieninjaNoobieninja Posts: 1
    Seemed to have started on my S20+ with the small patch that happened a couple of days ago.. switched from 120Hz to 60Hz and it seemed to have fixed the issue.. hopefully there is a fix incoming because the game at 120Hz is amazing
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    I've ordered an s20 just today. Has this been fixed or are you guys still needing to run on 60hz to prevent it?

Also what have your impressions been now that you've had the phone longer? Upgrading from an s7 so I'm hoping to see a drastic change.
    Can confirm that in the Samsung Galaxy S20 running at 120hz random heavies occur. The phone was fantastic for about 2hrs of play then I stayed noticing combos seemed very delayed, like each attack took longer to register and then random heavies started. No response from Kabam on this. Anything guys?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    My iPhone 7 does this.
  • BigDog6219BigDog6219 Posts: 57
    My Galaxy S10+ has done this for awhile now. Thought it was me but now I see it isn't.
    @Kabam Miike

What specific information do you need from those of us with this issue in order to have it looked at?
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    My LG V40 does it as well... Been playing 2+ years and it only started about a month or 2 ago... But its quite annoying
    I'd love for this to get addressed. My s20 runs perfectly at 60hz but the game is on a whole different level at 120hz. Wish I could take advantage of that.
    Device info : Screenshot attached

Mobile Carrier : Rogers

Game version: 27.0.0

Game mode: Eq, Story, AQ, Arena

Champions: All

Active boost : None

Description of Issue : While 120hz display is active these issues occur. While performing a combo each attack seems to have increasing lag between them. Feels like you are performing attacks at increased intervals. Occasionally while performing combos a heavy will be thrown despite not holding attack.

Screenshot or Video: Unfortunately I can't record the issue because when recording the refresh rate defaults to 60hz.

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    On XDA they figured out how to make the S20 series run on 96hz. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and haven't had any unintended heavies thrown! Just Google it to see how. The only issue I'm seeing is with certain special animations on the defender side where there will be a whole lot of lag. I've noticed this fairly consistently when fighting against Thing and there is one more champ (can't remember which).
    When I first got the phone (early March) mcoc was snappy and the animations just so beautiful and fluid. Then an early April update ruined the playing experience for me. It totally sucks that I have to tailor the whole phone experience to one app. Please fix this, Kabam.
    @Solrac_2

I tried the 96hz thing and it seemed to work but I didn't feel like there was much of a difference between 60hz and 96hz. Not like the difference when going to 120hz anyway. Do you feel like there is a big difference from 60 to 96?
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Not sure about the game but I do notice a difference when scrolling.
    I'll give the 96hz a fair try :)
  • noldnold Posts: 30
    This has been happening since August 2019, when the Razer users started reporting it. Kabam has completely ignored the issue. Not even a 'we'll take a look at it' - nada.

Hopefully now that more people are using 120hz displays across multiple devices, we might finally see some action.

I found that using single, quick taps for each attack (no mashing!) really helped and it doesn't happen to me nearly as much as it used to.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    Can we please get this resolved already? Its costing me champs in AQ!! Its getting really old, really freaking fast.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    This has been happening to me again, please have it looked into it
  • magicbbirdmagicbbird Posts: 2
    after a few months, i now am using samsung note 20 with 120hz, and the random heavies still happening...just updating the situation. also some fast moving graphics will have "ghost effect" too
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    Still happening here when playing with a Xiaomi Mi 11, only in 120Hz. Shouldn't Kabam start preparing the game to be played with higher frecuencies than 60?