**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Potential Changes To Make The Game Better

Hey everyone, given the recent outburst within the game’s community, I’ve compiled a list of changes that I feel could be made to the game. Most of it is tailored to end game players. Some may disagree and say that these changes are too drastic or irrelevant and might make the game imbalanced, but as one of the many individuals who loves to play this game I feel as if it can help satisfy a majority of the players’ wants and needs. Apologies in advance for any spelling/grammatical errors or anything of the sort. Some of these changes may already be in the works, but hopefully this could aid Kabam in making those changes.

Champions:

- Focus on revamping old champs rather than releasing new ones. There are too many champs that we pull from crystals whose abilities are extremely out-dated and make people hate playing the game. Not every champ will be God tier., but each champ should have uses that make them stand out offensively and defensively. Not every champ has to be a hard hitter either, but at least give us stacking DOT debuffs, burst damage, utility, sustainability, etc. We want to feel satisfied while playing the characters, not underwhelmed.

- Duping Champs should offer much more gold and ISO. This should scale based on star rating.

- Ability to filter champions by hashtag, size, etc.

- Ability to see a champion’s awakened ability with ranging values/percentages rather than a description if they’re unawakened.

Crystals:

- Make Quest Crystals based on the content they are received from. A tier-based system could work depending on the level of difficulty.

- Make Free Crystals and Daily Crystals be claimed automatically as soon as you log in (Similar to Calendar prizes).

- Make Cavalier Premium Hero Crystals. Premium crystals mean nothing much to end game players, but for consistency it makes no sense to stop at Uncollected Premium Hero Crystals. Have a cavalier ones at 5-10 Units or so.

- Make a Cavalier Golden Crystal.

- Make Tier-Based Alliance Crystals. I personally don’t know of much people who buy these, but for the same reasons above, it makes sense to have one.

- Time for the big one… Go back to the old style of Featured Hero Crystals (Make it available for 3, 4, 5 and 6 star champions at 1.5x the value of a normal crystal); one new hero in a crystal with unfavourable, but still enticing odds of landing them. I can’t think of anyone who liked the change that we had when our odds when from about 1/5 to 1/24 for getting a new champ. The original crystal gave FTP players the opportunity to save up hard-earned shards for a reasonable attempt to get a new champion.

- May not matter to most, but the ability to rearrange/hide the crystals listed to better suit individual likings. That way people can place their most purchased/popped crystals on top or however they please. Or, at least have other sections for Catalyst Crystals, Sig Stone Crystals, Alliance based crystals, etc rather than having most in the “Crystals” section.

Story/Quest Content:

- Get rid of champion gates all together in Act 6. They benefit no one and everyone dislikes them. It forces players to not use synergies and it makes lower Star champions useless. If I want to go in with a 3 Star Duped Aegon and play flawlessly to win fights, then let me use my skills!

- Fix the nodes and fights that people have been complaining about in Act 6.

- Make future Boss fights based on skill such as the Grandmaster fight rather than stacking annoying nodes on annoying defenders.

- Decrease energy spending on Event Quests. Something like the following can work per chapter: Beginner Energy (1:1:1), Normal Energy (1:1:2), Heroic Energy (1:2:2), Master Energy (2:2:2), Uncollected Energy (2:2:3). This gives a natural scale of energy expenditure. For future reference, Cavalier Energy (2:3:3).

- Make a Cavalier difficulty Event Quest! And make the rewards great. This includes T5 Class Crystals, a fully formed T5 Basic, Millions in gold, 50%+ of a 6 Star, 6 Star Sig Stones, etc.

- Variant 1: Take out chapter gates.

- Variant 4: Change Caustic temper node in Chapter 3 with something else. This path is impossible for most without Hulk. Some of which have sold this champion a long time ago.

Alliance:

- Make a “Help All” Button.

- Decrease AQ buy-in requirements

- Change AW all together. Not sure what can be done here, but this game mode is repetitive, and has become boring over the years. It has led a lot of players to feeling burnt out.

Arenas and Duels:

- Make. More. Arenas.

Summoner Trials
3 Star Basic
3 Star Featured
4 Star Basic
4 Star Featured
5 Star Basic
5 Star Featured
6 Star Basic
6 Star Featured

This takes a lot of stress out of grinding arenas for hours only to hope that you reach a bracket since players will be more dispersed. Which leads into my next point.

- Make arena rank rewards point-based not percentage-based. Set reasonable brackets in each arena based on past metrics gathered and let players grind knowing that they can get a champ rather than praying that they reach a certain cut off. (I.e. Anyone in a 5 Star Featured arena who gets more than 50 mill gets the 5 Star Featured Champion).

- Increase gold received from each arena milestones significantly.

- No one plays duels. This should be changed to a search and fight game mode where you can fight whatever champion you want and choose how you fight him/her. Choose Star Rating, Sig Level, Nodes, etc. I know Kabam is working on something like this already.

Calendar:

- Make Cavalier Daily Login Calendar give Cavalier Crystal shards rather than Grandmaster shards.

- Give a lot more gold for higher tiered players. 1,500 gold on day one does nothing for Cavalier players!

- Change T4 Basic on Calendar to a % of a T5 Basic.

- Increase 6* shard amounts to give 1,000+ per month.

- Make the Uncollected Crystal Shard Crystal a Cavalier one. Or get rid of it all together and give a % of a 5 Star or 6 Star.

- Be consistent with every monthly calendar. Don’t give a great calendar one month then a lacklustre one the next. The game should only be progressing, not regressing!

Inventory:

- Even with the recent inventory increase, increase them further. Mainly the T5 Basic and Alpha Catalysts.

- The ability to sell directly from the overflow. This one saves a lot of time.

Masteries and Summoner Level:

- Increase Summoner level to 100 and thus, increase amount of maximum number of mastery points as we progress past Level 60.

- Increase Quest Energy to 100 at Level 100. This gives players the ability to not have to worry as much about “having to use their energy”.

- Make small energy refills give back 10 energy.

- Allow us to have multiple mastery setups. It should not cost anything to switch to and from any of them. Being able to do so directly from the questing screen would be great as well!

- We’ve had “coming soon” masteries for years now but they have yet to be placed in game

- Make the class-based masteries more enticing. Mystic Dispersion is the only one anyone would put points into.

As you can see, there is a lot of focus on quality of life. There may be some points that others may want to add. There’s no way I could have covered everyone’s personal gripes with this list, but I hope that these changes (some small and some large) can be put into place as soon as possible to help with the overall experience of playing the game!

Comments

• Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Amén!!!

Biggest kick back you will get is end game players like me that have completed everything and spent units pushing through the obstacles in variant and chapter 6. ‘Rewards’ to offset those players by chapter would be nice, but I’d sacrifice them all to see kabam execute the entire list above.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    So....just make a whole new game then?
    SGT_M9 said:

Deminzfyre always whining about someone else. Dude is ranked over a million yet someone can’t make a suggestion. You know kabam is crooked and just wants money out of people, man up and stick with your fellow players to Get some better content and better champs. Stop being a baby and being afraid of kabam because yea game is free. Yet offers are nothing but trying to get into your pocket. Help everyone else out. Grow some balls you Female dog. 170 character pull yet people always people the same sht as champs. Funny how that works. Dude sucks

@SGT_M9 yes they want money. How in the hell do you think the game continues? They rely on the revenue to continue the game. Do you not understand how business work? Of course most offers cost money. It's the entire point of micro transactions. 10's of thousands of mobile games past and present have done this. It's nothing new. Console and pc games do this as well. It's all over the place. You can do so much in this game for free and there are unit based offers that don't cost you real money as you can earn units for free.

Who exactly is afraid of Kabam? I'm certainly not. I'm critical of them when I feel I need to be. They aren't a perfect company but what company is? You're mad because you can't have what you want when you want. Probably been given everything in life by everyone else and expects a damn mobile game to do the same.

Posts like this one are the reason why they don't listen to us the majority of the time. This post itself is saying "give me more for doing less". Why not just come out and say "give me unlimited everything in the game for free." And then we have people like you who call Kabam crooked, shady or greedy because there are offers.in the game. Just to dense to understand businesses.
  • YaBoyHersheyYaBoyHershey Posts: 5
    I would disagree with it mainly being "give me more for doing less". More along the lines of the game not progressing with the players over time. A lot of the things in game have remained the same for a long time and end game players have become frustrated with the state of the game. I firmly believe that there's a reason why so many players feel the same way. Credit where credit is due, Kabam has made a lot of great changes in game and continue to give us a solid game with new content every month (bugs and connection issues aside). But as someone who has done most of the content, there isn't much to look forward to afterwards aside from increasing your roster and maxing your champs. Quality of life changes help give the game a sense of freshness and boost player morale. Along with the ability to earn and rank up higher tier champions, this would give us something to work towards.

Kabam 100% has to make money in order for the game to operate. No argument there. But that shouldn't be done at the expense of the gaming experience. In terms of what Kabam could do to make more money, make microtransactions micro. The Cavalier Daily Special is a great example. Low in cost, and worth the rewards. Summoner Sigil, the Collector's Daily Card (where you collect units for 30 days), Event based Unit Store Bundles such as Boxing Day, Cyber Monday, etc are also great examples. Once people see a worthy offer, they jump to it. There are a lot of ways to include microtransactions without making players who don't buy or can't afford to buy them feel like they're being left behind because they can't grind to get the same rewards. Hence why increasing out-dated rewards for currently existing content and offering harder content to play the game to get the rewards would be beneficial to the community.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

SGT_M9 said:

Deminzfyre always whining about someone else. Dude is ranked over a million yet someone can’t make a suggestion. You know kabam is crooked and just wants money out of people, man up and stick with your fellow players to Get some better content and better champs. Stop being a baby and being afraid of kabam because yea game is free. Yet offers are nothing but trying to get into your pocket. Help everyone else out. Grow some balls you Female dog. 170 character pull yet people always people the same sht as champs. Funny how that works. Dude sucks

@SGT_M9 yes they want money. How in the hell do you think the game continues? They rely on the revenue to continue the game. Do you not understand how business work? Of course most offers cost money. It's the entire point of micro transactions. 10's of thousands of mobile games past and present have done this. It's nothing new. Console and pc games do this as well. It's all over the place. You can do so much in this game for free and there are unit based offers that don't cost you real money as you can earn units for free.

Who exactly is afraid of Kabam? I'm certainly not. I'm critical of them when I feel I need to be. They aren't a perfect company but what company is? You're mad because you can't have what you want when you want. Probably been given everything in life by everyone else and expects a damn mobile game to do the same.

Posts like this one are the reason why they don't listen to us the majority of the time. This post itself is saying "give me more for doing less". Why not just come out and say "give me unlimited everything in the game for free." And then we have people like you who call Kabam crooked, shady or greedy because there are offers.in the game. Just to dense to understand businesses.
    I don't believe I have seen you criticize Kabam once. Would be interesting to witness.

SGT_M9 said:

I don't believe I have seen you criticize Kabam once. Would be interesting to witness.
    Unless you follow my comments every single time I doubt you would have. I also doubt you saw my act 7 beta post in the beta forums
  • SGT_M9SGT_M9 Posts: 98
    Ha. Exactly act 7 beta post which means you were invited to it. Someone being over 1 million rank and given everything to try to for free. Doesn’t help the rest of players who can’t progress due to the fact of measly rewards and shards. Yea it’s a fun game and they do have to make money. I understand that. But no way in hell do they need to be so cheap with everything l. Sweeten the pot is all I’m saying. However many people asking for better rewards, revamped champs, or more different and better content is a big problem they don’t listen to. You act like everything in this mobile game is perfect. You prolly have a podcast and sit there with your headphones on like the dorks on Twitter. Screw the little. “ I got mine and you shouldn’t get anything so I’m going to promote kabam so they keep inviting me to do silly content”. Like I said before. Be a man and help everyone
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I don't agree with the entire post because this plan would take years to implement and ultimately cause Kabam to lose too much money. But I like the mindset. QOL improvements, a little less rng, and fun gameplay is really what I read. 2 guys left my alliance this week because the time demand for map 6 and 7 is too much. 30 min timers would be really huge and actually probably bring more people to game.
    SGT_M9 said:

Ha. Exactly act 7 beta post which means you were invited to it. Someone being over 1 million rank and given everything to try to for free. Doesn’t help the rest of players who can’t progress due to the fact of measly rewards and shards. Yea it’s a fun game and they do have to make money. I understand that. But no way in hell do they need to be so cheap with everything l. Sweeten the pot is all I’m saying. However many people asking for better rewards, revamped champs, or more different and better content is a big problem they don’t listen to. You act like everything in this mobile game is perfect. You prolly have a podcast and sit there with your headphones on like the dorks on Twitter. Screw the little. “ I got mine and you shouldn’t get anything so I’m going to promote kabam so they keep inviting me to do silly content”. Like I said before. Be a man and help everyone

No matter what they do with rewards it won't ever be enough unless it was a free pick your own rank 5 6* max sig champ, that might satisfy people for a bit.

It's funny how you say players can't progress due to measly rewards and shards. Yes my rating is over 1 million. Do you think i started out at over 1 million rating? Do you some how think that I am impervious to "trash champions" and only have god tier? Do you think I get better rewards than everyone else because my rating is over 1 million? I built my roster just like everyone else in this game. I have all the worst champs that everyone else complains about. I don't have Nick Fury or Aegon. I am doing Act 6 without those options. 1 million rating isn't even that high. You can even see it in my alliance that I am like 25/30 in player rating.

I was invited to Act 7 beta for who knows what reason. The content was hard but most of the paths I tried were manageable. There were some awful paths and fights like the Sabertooth mini boss. In fact both chapt 1 and 2 boss fights were completely stupid.

I am currently about to do 6.4.6 Grandmaster fight. I have just done 6.2-6.4 recently. I'll probably never finish 6.2 because it's a nightmare with requirements. Same as i'll never attempt Variant 1 because my roster won't support it enough to where I won't have to spend 100's of dollars to finish.

Kabam isn't perfect. There is a lot that can be done differently. People like you who think they have all the answers really don't. You look at what YOU want because that's your main concern. You don't look at the big picture of what you want would effect everything around that decision.
    1. Yes they could give more gold. I still think there is enough out there to do what you need to do but I agree there could be slight bumps to it.
    2. Higher content like act 6 needs to stop having nodes that counter act each other. That was one of my biggest complaints in the beta. And I have seen it in act 6 recently. Kabam preaches roster diversity but Act 6 does not reflect that stance. Not just 6.2 but all of it.
    3. Energy requirements can get too high. Though with their plan for Book 2, it will save us a ton of energy over time.

That's a few of my main frustrations. Sure getting a "bad" champ sucks but it's part of the game. It's a part of every game like this one. You won't ever get away with it. Kabam isn't a terrible company but for people like you, they are terrible and will always be terrible unless they give you exactly what you want and that won't ever happen.
  • SGT_M9SGT_M9 Posts: 98
    There ya go. Was that so hard? To actually say what’s wrong and agree y’all about what needs to be done for the greater good of the player... I’m not saying give me everything I want. Never said that once. I’m saying give better rewards even at small bumps. Make the glory stores better loyalty and all that. Arena is embarrassing to grind for hours to max out at 185 units for group. And the arena cool down times is insane. I can’t even touch variants because I can’t upgrade any of my xl champs because a. I don’t have enough gold, and b, I still don’t have the right champs for it. I can’t touch act 6 because I can’t upgrade my 5*s. How am I supposed to enjoy and play the game if it’s constant bs. Yea this game is 100% cash grab pocket digging. I seen you in hear suggesting the sigil to someone for 1 minute differenceFor energy. Get them to spend 10$ for an embarrassing black market store that they ranked down from the last one they had. If you’d be so kind to lend me 500$ to buy that 2019 crystal for 5k units. That’d be so kind of you.!!!
    SGT_M9 said:

There ya go. Was that so hard? To actually say what’s wrong and agree y’all about what needs to be done for the greater good of the player... I’m not saying give me everything I want. Never said that once. I’m saying give better rewards even at small bumps. Make the glory stores better loyalty and all that. Arena is embarrassing to grind for hours to max out at 185 units for group. And the arena cool down times is insane. I can’t even touch variants because I can’t upgrade any of my xl champs because a. I don’t have enough gold, and b, I still don’t have the right champs for it. I can’t touch act 6 because I can’t upgrade my 5*s. How am I supposed to enjoy and play the game if it’s constant bs. Yea this game is 100% cash grab pocket digging. I seen you in hear suggesting the sigil to someone for 1 minute differenceFor energy. Get them to spend 10$ for an embarrassing black market store that they ranked down from the last one they had. If you’d be so kind to lend me 500$ to buy that 2019 crystal for 5k units. That’d be so kind of you.!!!

Good god. How about just go find a different game if it's "100% cash grab pocket digging". I don't understand why you still play a game where you talk so poorly about constantly. Just quit already and find a game that makes you happy.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

SGT_M9 said:

Good god. How about just go find a different game if it's "100% cash grab pocket digging". I don't understand why you still play a game where you talk so poorly about constantly. Just quit already and find a game that makes you happy.
    I wish I could hit agree 50 times...

Honestly @SGT_M9 looking at your posts on the forum....if I was as angry and so sure I was getting screwed over by a company as you feel like you are by Kabam....I would delete the game. I would not put up with that from an actual person in my life, much less put up with it from a mobile game company.

I am not even arguing that you are wrong or right...just saying if I ever felt like you did...no silly game is worth that....
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think people are passionate. Just as passionately as you want SGT to quit he or she wants Kabam to make the better. Lets not let emotions on either side cloud the good dialogue that was made which will ultimately improve the game for us collectively.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I think people are passionate. Just as passionately as you want SGT to quit he or she wants Kabam to make the better. Lets not let emotions on either side cloud the good dialogue that was made which will ultimately improve the game for us collectively.

I don't passionately want anyone to quit...if someone posts about some bad crystal pulls or is ticked off because of some BS with nodes or game changes...I am not telling them to quit the game. But if you pretty much believe Kabam is committing illegal and fraudulent activity as his past posts indicate...yeah, I would tell that person to quit. If I believed as he did, I would not be here....
  • Future_1Future_1 Posts: 2
    I think that after completing every act you should get a champion of your choice so for example after finishing act 1 you get whatever 3 star champ with a premium hero crystal after finishing act2 With 2 premium hero crystals you get whatever 4 star you want afte you finish act3 With 3 5 premium hero crystalsyou get whatever 4 star you want after you finish act4 you get whatever 4 star With 1,000 4 star shards after you finish act 5 you get a5 star w of your choice With a 4 star hero crystal and after finishing act6 you get whatever 6 star and after exploring all of the act 100% you get to choose another champion and I you should do a trading mode where you can trade champion sand crystals for another champion or crystals where you go into a trade with another summoner you select what we you want to trade and click submit and it will only go through once the other summoner clicks sumbmit on there account and you get to see what y’all are trading this will make a lot more people play and download the game and pay for the game and after you finish an act and get your champion you get the choices to buy rank up materials for 4.99. And buy a awaking gem for them for 4.99 . This is what almost every player wants trust me!
  • FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    I had an idea for a mode of game play and I honestly can't say if anyone before me has already thought of this or not because there are so many threads and posts to read I can't read them all. But I heard everyone saying that the champion pull should be fixed to give better champs. And that alot of the older champs are irrelevant for end game content which I understand. But not everyone is at "endgame" content. To someone who has say 15 4* champs on their rosters getting a 5* Miles will actually help them at points. He won't be the end all be all but he will help them along their route through story mode. My suggestion is there needs to be a mode of content that allows you to use more than your top 6 or 7 champs. I say make a monthly quest based on class and governed by where the summoner is in the game sort of like where Incursions only let you get certain rewards if you have a certain number of characters on your roster. How about let's just use Mutant and someone who is Uncollected. At the start of the month there is a "Mutant Quest" and only Mutant champs can be used in this quest. And just like Variant 4 it works on different star levels. So the first 2 parts of Chapter 1 uses your 2 and 3 star mutant champs. And for rewards you get basic catalyst for completing and mutant catalyst for exploring. Now Chapter 2 naturally uses your 4 and 5 star mutants both combined so that way if someone only has 1 5* mutant they can fill the roster with 4* mutants and hacks are added like in the Incursions to make those 4* mutants powerful enough to beat the content. And just like the first chapter you get basic catalyst for completion and mutant catalyst for exploring. Now Chapter 3 would only be able to be unlocked if you were Uncollected or Cavalier. You would be able to use 4,5 and 6 star mutants in this part and they could still implement hacks to help but this part would naturally be harder than the previous. Now if you were not Uncollected or Cavalier after you beat chapter 2 you get Completion rewards for the whole things seeing as you couldn't move forward and that would be some catalyst and some shards and exploring rewards could be some mutant catalyst and s mutant legendary Crystal. And if you are Uncollected or Cavalier you could go on to beat chapter 3 and get more catalyst, shards, and mutant items but if you explore it all you get a mutant 5* Nexus Crystal. Now with the being 6 classes that means they could run a pretty easily maintained calendar with each class having their own 2 months out of the year every year. So you know if Mystic is in October and you need those T4 Mystic Catalyst and it's September 29th you just wait a few days and do the event and get what you need. And even if you miss the month for the class you need you know it will be coming around the corner again. I'm sure something like this could be done and I'm sure it would take time to go from concept to actually in game but I feel that it's ldeas like these that would help. Not just ideas like let's buff every Champion to make them all great. Where is the fun in that? There has to be bad champs just as much as there has to be great champs and everything in between that's what makes the search fun. And I have a decent account so I know what it's like to get a 6* Howard the duck out of shards you have been saving for months, or paying $100 on Cyber Monday to get a Nexus Crystal containing Moonknight, Howard, and Falcon. But I also know how happy someone can be after pulling a 6* Guillotine 2099 out of a single Cavalier crystal. Every game has ups and downs that's what makes them great. This game is no different. We can't just want them to make every champion "Beyond God Tier" and every piece of content so easy that you could get through it in a day using no units and oh yeah after all that we want five 6* Nexus Crystals for beating the easy content lol. The game will never survive like that simple as that. But it is also going to have a hard time surviving if they keep the status quo. I just hope they listen to some of the great ideas I have read over the past few days. Because some have just been people whining, some have been just down right awful, but some have been genuinely good ideas from people who understand that Kabam isn't out just too make everyone happy they are a business who needs to make a revenue to keep said business going simple as that. And yes they may want what's best for the community but at the end of the day if comes down to them making you happy by giving you a 6* everyday to keep you happy or them doing the right thing by a business model to keep paying their own bills well what would you do??
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Well that escalated quickly
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

Yup , this one is pathetic , boring and outdated

• PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Hold up, you said remove the class gates in variant 1? That’s like taking away all the nodes that make tech champs better in variant 3. I also think act 6 class gates should stay, because when I get to act 6, I want the challenge of building up a new roster.
    AlphA101 said:

Yup , this one is pathetic , boring and outdated

So quit already. You are still here being super angry and still playing the game. Why out yourself through that? Do you just enjoy being angry and wrong all the time?