**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A small change in Variant?? Replacing classic with UC?

007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
@KDSuperFlash10 made a post about middle difficulty in variant for progressive players who have 1 5/65 champ and some rank 4 5 stars.

So i am adding a small idea.
i think variant is awesome. And keep it as it is.
Endgame players love variant. Eventually all progressive players will finish that too.

The original idea of variant was to bring old Monthly EQ and make it challenging and fun for endgame players. Awesome.
But it is true that a considerable no. Of people can not touch that content.
But they have the skill to finish act 5.

So how about obviously keep it as it is.
Variant is A1. It remains unchanged.

But replace classic with uncollected??
How about that?
That way the Original Quest is there just tweaking slightly.

It will definitely bring a major portion of players, who can finish uncollected with 4/50 and just watch variant youtube videos but can't go in.

It's a boost for a huge no. Of player.
If u can play variant, want others to have that fun too but classic is just really nothing. Let them have a taste of that content but with uncollected difficulty.
If endgame players can support this idea then it will be good for overall community. Cheers.

Comments

• 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

I thought the classic difficulty was there to resemble the original difficulty of the quests? So for nostalgia purposes.

But uncollected difficulty is released every month with that quest. The original purpose remains the same. But don't u thunk keeping variant for endgame players and replacing classic with uncollected will bring others to that challange too?
    People who just can't tackle Variant cz they don't have a XL champ or resources.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    007md92 said:

I thought the classic difficulty was there to resemble the original difficulty of the quests? So for nostalgia purposes.

But uncollected difficulty is released every month with that quest. The original purpose remains the same. But don't u thunk keeping variant for endgame players and replacing classic with uncollected will bring others to that challange too?
    People who just can't tackle Variant cz they don't have a XL champ or resources.
    You will grown into them.
    Same as act 5.
    Act 5 was once endgame content.
    Now you can do it easy with R5 champs tossed out so fast. This happens in every part of the game. So it makes more sense to do hard content and over time it becomes easier bc newer champs come into the contest and higher ranks become easier to get.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't completely remove the "Classic" difficulty. New players need that to progress bit by bit and know that they have content geared towards them. The question of if there should be an "Uncollected" difficulty is still very much in the air, but I've been convinced by a few people on my thread that I'm close to being able to do Variants.

007md92 said:

Uncollected did not exist when these came out. In fact I don't even think there was an actual regular monthly EQ at all, but I was hardly playing at all and had no idea what I was doing during this time.
    I see. Did not knew that.
    Had a hunch though. These variant events that means they are from 2015.
    May be master difficulty was the highest or heroic.
    I started playing from 2017 i believe.
    edited May 2020
    Seraphion said:

007md92 said:

You will grown into them.
    Same as act 5.
    Act 5 was once endgame content.
    Now you can do it easy with R5 champs tossed out so fast. This happens in every part of the game. So it makes more sense to do hard content and over time it becomes easier bc newer champs come into the contest and higher ranks become easier to get.
    Understandable. Ok.
    P.s. i am cavilier. I think may be i have a roster for variant, may be. Not sure. Exploring act 5 now. Can't go beyond 6.1 though.
    Act 5 is soo fun and good i saved it just so that story mode remains there.
    I wasn't thinking about me when i made this post.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Just curious what kind of rewards would you expect?

An uncollected difficulty varient would be worth giving 4* rank up gems and 4* shards, 5 star shards and 4* Awakening gem.

Would you really want to do that for that?

Would that really help your progress?

Varient is hard. But the rewards are huge.

That's why it's so hard.

I doubt it will be so appealing to anyone with uncollected level rewards
    edited May 2020

007md92 said:

But replace classic with uncollected??
    How about that?

How about no ?
    So, let me get this clear : just because some players, like me currently for what it's worth, don't have the roster or the capacity to do the variants, let's remove the classic so that new players can't do it... at all ??
    Yeah, that's logical.
    Yeah. I understand. Actually someone said if there was ever an extra difficulty between variant and classic time will be wasted for main content like act 7 and future variant.
    I thought may be uncollected will be the balance. Variant stays there to keep the game interesting and fun for end game players. And uncollected progressive players will eventually finish uncollected first.
    But yeah i thought someone would say what u said. So yeah. A middle difficulty.
    Then i guess it's alright. Let keep everything as it is for now.
    Classic and variant.

Just curious what kind of rewards would you expect?

An uncollected difficulty varient would be worth giving 4* rank up gems and 4* shards, 5 star shards and 4* Awakening gem.

Would you really want to do that for that?

Would that really help your progress?

Varient is hard. But the rewards are huge.

That's why it's so hard.

I doubt it will be so appealing to anyone with uncollected level rewards

Yeah. So far all the comments are helpful and well thought-out.
    It seems no changes would be the best.

But still for an experiment i would give it a try for rewards.
    Bunch of 5 star sig stones.
    T4 basic one or two.
    Some glory points.
    1 5 star crystal.
    1 awk gem for 100%

Yeah it seems a bit unbalanced noe that i try it. Like not too much for end game players. Not much for middle players.
    Etc. I mean if uncollected variant is there ofcourse endgame players will tackle it.
    And for them this reward is outdated. Tough. Lol
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    When they make a variant of a quest that originally had an uncollected level, maybe that will get re-released as well?

An idea that was raised previously was to rerelease monthly uncollected quests.

Those that have already done it obviously would have already taken the rewards.

Those in that space that became uncollected along the way of the run of UCEQ could access those rewards, have something else to do and catch up a little to those who started playing before them but have similar skill level.

Outside of server space constraints that I know nothing about, it would seem easy to reboot that content. Quest and rewards stay the same as original so just a case of making it live again?

Honestly there’s so little gap between being able to 100% uncollected EQ and first pass through say variant 2. I did it myself primarily with 4*s and way before I became cavalier and elders.

I’d start either there or v3 if you gave a decent tech roster. V4 can be a roadblock as you need decentish 5* roster to initial clear chapter 1.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

I see. Did not knew that.
    Had a hunch though. These variant events that means they are from 2015.
    May be master difficulty was the highest or heroic.
    I started playing from 2017 i believe.

I'm not sure there were multiple difficulties at all. Like I said I was barely playing at all for the first couple of years I started the account so don't think I did anything but a tiny bit of story here or there. I think what is released as classic is actually all there was actually. Someone who knows better is free to correct me though
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    The difficulty in classic version of Variant is what was released at that time.
    Iirc master difficulty was introduced in the event quest which had the 1st appearance of Weapon X as a boss in it, really can’t remember in what year that was.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

The difficulty in classic version of Variant is what was released at that time.
    Iirc master difficulty was introduced in the event quest which had the 1st appearance of Weapon X as a boss in it, really can’t remember in what year that was.

March 2017, with X-Enforcers
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    No, don’t change them. A lot of newer players use the classic quests to get free mastery cores to unlock parry and dexterity, at least I did.