**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW MVP stats

Can someone explain how people are picked for MVP or how the system is?

Like take last war, I had 8 kills, 3 defender kills, zero deaths, and I 1 shot the boss. I had 36% exploration and my defender rating was 54,479. I was somehow 4th.

#1 39% exploration, 9 kills, zero defender kills, and a defender rating of 54,010.
#2 30% exploration, 9 kills, zero defender kills, and a defender rating of 51,949.
#3 28% exploration, 5 kills, 3 defender kills, and a defender rating of 72,380.

Just trying to see how the system works on deciding who are the mvps.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    They take into account your defence also, so if you put out all 5/65 you will start off much higher than someone who puts out 4/55
  • Options
    We do, and we have been. I just want to know the algorithm, and how they decide it.
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    The thing that matters most for the mvp I believe is defender rating. Also, the system doesn’t care if you have kill the boss or have no deaths.
  • Options
    DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    Basically before you even attack you are already at a disadvantage if your defence isn’t very strong compared to there in your alliance
  • Options
    @Djmags but my rating was higher than #1 and #2
  • Options
    Edeuink said:

The thing that matters most for the mvp I believe is defender rating. Also, the system doesn’t care if you have kill the boss or have no deaths.

I had a higher defender rating than 2 of them...
  • Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I’ve always wanted to see them add an MVP crystal. Get something for being the top performer in your alliance.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,027 ★★★★★
    They have never said how it's figured. Mainly what I've seen is it only comes from paths 4, 5 and 6 and you have to take several minis in all sections and I believe you have to take the boss. I could be incorrect on that though. Not sure if defense plays into it.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    To give a real answer there's some algebra involving exploration, fights won (with bonus for minis and boss), and MAYBE defensive kills.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    It’s also to do with which path you take and defenders you fight
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    #2 is the only one that doesn’t make sense. You were ahead on all but 1 less kill.
    #1 had more exp, 1 more kill and about same defender score, #3 was because defender score was so high.
    I don’t think defender kills matter for MVP, possibly having defenders still alive at the end? Since the alliance does get points for that.
    I think defender score has way too much impact on MVP. As stated above though, MVP is meaningless.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    But why does MVP matter it’s a team game play as a team not an individual
  • Options
    Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Actually defender kills dont matter. What matters most is total defender rating. Half the time the mvp is decided before the war itself if they have a very high rating as compared to other members.
    Also within number of kills, if someone has taken more minibosses he will get more points.
    Say guy A has 7 kills - 4 regular, 3 minis
    guy B has 7 kills - 5 regular, 2 minis.
    A will have more contribution percent than B.
    All these factors come into account when mvp is decided.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★

I am stumped by this set of result. :o
    One battle group only.

Reading from left to right.
    1st 13.7% (26% exploration; 24,920 defender rating)
    2nd 13.4%
    3rd 12.9%
    4th 10.8%
    5th 10.3%
    6th 10.3% (20% exploration; 31,973 defender rating)

• Options
    Zaynou said:

AW MVP should receive 10000 5*shards as rewards.

Otherwise MVP is meaningless.

No. That would cause so much fighting within the bgs. Terrible idea.
  • Options

Actually defender kills dont matter. What matters most is total defender rating. Half the time the mvp is decided before the war itself if they have a very high rating as compared to other members.
    Also within number of kills, if someone has taken more minibosses he will get more points.
    Say guy A has 7 kills - 4 regular, 3 minis
    guy B has 7 kills - 5 regular, 2 minis.
    A will have more contribution percent than B.
    All these factors come into account when mvp is decided.

I don't think that theory holds true about defender rating. Mines 10k higher and we both had mini boss kills. He just had one more than me.

• Options
    Zaynou said:

Zaynou said:

AW MVP should receive 10000 5*shards as rewards.

Otherwise MVP is meaningless.

No. That would cause so much fighting within the bgs. Terrible idea.
    Maybe 10000 5* shards + 500 6* shards for top 3 MVP.

* Michael Jordan won so many MVPs without causing any fights
    This isn't the NBA and very few are mature enough to handle 1 or 3 people always getting extra rewards. You're going to have people always complaining how they should have gotten it instead of someone else. MVP is just for people who want to brag. AW is a team effort. Can you imagine losing the war and the MVP is the one that caused it because they died too much while taking down their lane? No thanks. Get rid of the MVP tag, it's not needed.
  • Options
    Neffa45Neffa45 Posts: 22
    Definitely need some MVP incentives.....I'd throw in loyalty and units along with the 10k 5* shards just to make war even more competitive