**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

Just donated 500K gold to the treasury yesterday to cover my donations for the next few months. My alliance runs map 5 only. So I basically just got screwed out of 500K gold

This times 1000%
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★

It's so unnecessary in my opinion. The donation system is the least of the worries when it comes to AQ for a good chunk of the community. Kabam could've addressed so many other issues regarding AQ.

They could've tackled the energy timer issues or the general repetitiveness of AQ, or literally anything else, but no. They have to break the only thing that works fine. Almost nobody cares about the donations.

This was an absolutely needed change as it deals a heavy blow to the merc community (no more treasury dumps) now those top end alliances have to grind for their own resources something they haven’t been doing for months. This change may also have the added on effect of ending arena bot use since their main purpose was to collect resource for sell. I can only hope kabam is working on a way to implement something like this for the gifting event as well.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Just make no cost at all make all map free esay no more to frauds abudt
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    What does the problem of treasury loading, which is the so called problem they are trying to fix, even mean?
  • Ggeorg10Ggeorg10 Posts: 46
    I like the new system!! :)
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited May 2020

I get where you're coming from, but when you donate to the Treasury, those resources become solely to open Alliance Quest Maps, and that's what Alliance Tickets.

It would be the same thing that happened if Map 5 became free without the new ticket system.

So what if my alliance and 2 other members aren't running Alliance quests anymore? You're going to give me tickets that I have no use for, nor do I plan to use them and also You're going to just take the millions of gold, battle chips and loyalty in our treasury instead of allowing us get our resources back? And as Leader of my team i can find other productive ways to use those resources (6 star rank ups especially) and would appreciate the opportunity to choose what to do with said resources my team and I have given up.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4

Kabam after reading the responses to this thread...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

This is a horrible idea, it doesn't streamline anything. 15 tickets per map 6? Why? If you're forcing tickets on us, why can't you just create a single map 6 ticket, why the complexity of needing 15 for a single map? Kabam, you make things more complicated than they really need to be. Just use the KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid!!!

You realise the free way of getting stuff is easier now? And I don’t use units now but it’s probably higher than that now
    zeezee57 said:

It's so unnecessary in my opinion. The donation system is the least of the worries when it comes to AQ for a good chunk of the community. Kabam could've addressed so many other issues regarding AQ.

They could've tackled the energy timer issues or the general repetitiveness of AQ, or literally anything else, but no. They have to break the only thing that works fine. Almost nobody cares about the donations.

This was an absolutely needed change as it deals a heavy blow to the merc community (no more treasury dumps) now those top end alliances have to grind for their own resources something they haven’t been doing for months. This change may also have the added on effect of ending arena bot use since their main purpose was to collect resource for sell. I can only hope kabam is working on a way to implement something like this for the gifting event as well.
    I don't disagree this needed to be addressed somehow, but why does the rest of the community have to get shafted to do it? This move completely puts an end to mixed map ally play, how is that warranted to stop merc donation dumps in a smaller but higher placed portion of the community?
    I think it’s a bit of an overreaction that a large portion of the community is getting shafted. There are probably fewer mixed map alliances than there are map 6 and 7 alliances. And I can see players flocking to map 5 only alliances for the free map cost which will lessen their weekly grind. Yes some players will get shafted but there is definitely some benefits to this change that will effect a larger portion of the community
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Can you please post a spreadsheet with the ticket costs so we can calculate our map costs?
    R0n1n1979 said:

@Kabam Miike how are alliance leaders and officers expected to manage who has the ability to pay for aq. With the treasury you knew where you stood at the beginning of each aq series and each day. It allowed people to cover for those that had a bad week at work or personal life issues. What happens when a officer starts 3 bg map 7 and 3 people don’t have the resources to join?

I imagine you would do it the same way you’ve been doing it. Tell your members how many tickets they need to get. Set a deadline for when they need to get them and assign an officer to keep track doesn’t seem that hard to me or vastly different than what you’ve already been doing

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

@Kabam Miike Can you please post a spreadsheet with the ticket costs so we can calculate our map costs?

Something like this from seatin's video

• Orange75Orange75 Posts: 9
    There are a lot of positives in this announcement and set of changes. The two weeks of free AQ should ease up a lot of decisions, and make the treasury blow a bit better, though I'd like to see the alliance treasury balance from before 5 months ago (or when donations are tracked) be converted to tickets and distributed amongst the members. That would address the treasury concerns to some degree. The treasuries are committed to AQ, converting to tickets and distributing the treasury would be a significant boon for alliances and would also ease the transition.

The majority of the community does map 5 or less--probably 5-10% are doing more than 4 rounds of AQ Map 6 and 7 based on where we place. Of those, only a fraction of those split AQ between 5/6 or 6/7 in a substantial enough way for this to be an issue. Nevertheless, for Alliances like ours, it is an issue. Things that I think could reduce the degree to which this hurts would be:

1.) Reduce the price from 15 and 30 per day to 10 and 20 for AQ map 6/7. That would at least keep split alliances from paying more in donations than they currently do as the load is redistributed.

2.) Allow limited gifting of tickets within alliances after 8 days of being in an alliance. Just as the Glory store resets, allow up to 60 tickets per week (or 30 or 120 depending on what you think is a reasonable limit) to be gifted within an alliance. This would keep dumps from happening, and would make it possible for us as officers to encourage mixed participation and allow us to bail someone out in a pinch. It would also keep the issue from becoming quite the extravaganza of 600 k loyalty dumps that happen now. It would also let members of an alliance who run a lower map to actively show appreciation for another person and could bring back some of the benefits that gifting once had, before people were either mercs or idiots.

I hope you consider these two tweaks as ways to improve upon what I think will be overall positive changes to the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

I get where you're coming from, but when you donate to the Treasury, those resources become solely to open Alliance Quest Maps, and that's what Alliance Tickets.

It would be the same thing that happened if Map 5 became free without the new ticket system.

So what if my alliance and 2 other members aren't running Alliance quests anymore? You're going to give me tickets that I have no use for, nor do I plan to use them and also You're going to just take the millions of gold, battle chips and loyalty in our treasury instead of allowing us get our resources back? And as Leader of my team i can find other productive ways to use those resources (6 star rank ups especially) and would appreciate the opportunity to choose what to do with said resources my team and I have given up.
    You don’t get them back either way, with the old system or this one. AQ is also the only place you can spend them.