Epic Rift Awakening Gem

KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165
I very much like the Rift system -- its enough incentive to play daily while also not being too overwhelming.
The balance of task and reward is solid.

However a recommendation to the incorporation of the Path Selector, we all know people are going to save and purchase it to select the Awakening Gem.
With that being the most likely reason someone would purchase it. I think it would be a better system to have the awakening gem cycle as opposed to being RNG based on which one is shown.
I've gotten both Mutant and Skill twice out of 4 runs. Im waiting out to get Tech so I can awaken my r5 Stark Spiderman
I dont want this to appear as a complaint, but instead a way to incorporate more of a cycle and not strictly randomness.
It would allow for me to know "in X days ill get it" and not be getting the same one two runs in a row.

Comments

  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165
    Is the awake gem even on a random rng or whats going on?
    I've landed skill 3 times now and my other account has landed tech 3 times

    I'll be super salty if I bought this chronometer just to never proc a tech awake
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    You have a 91% chance I believe to get the class you want if you only wanted one. You’ll get it eventually.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165

    You have a 91% chance I believe to get the class you want if you only wanted one. You’ll get it eventually.

    Do you know how many more days we will be able to enter the rift?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 886 ★★★★
    KingKiah said:

    I very much like the Rift system -- its enough incentive to play daily while also not being too overwhelming.
    The balance of task and reward is solid.

    Hmm, so you like it that some people get some measly sig stones, and other people get the featured 5*?

    All these chance based rewards are so anti-player, it isn't funny.

    Everyone going into the rift is doing the same amount of work, but, some people luck out and get the best rewards, other people get crapped on.

    How is that balanced and "solid" rewards?


  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 179 ★★
    SparkAlot said:

    KingKiah said:

    I very much like the Rift system -- its enough incentive to play daily while also not being too overwhelming.
    The balance of task and reward is solid.

    Hmm, so you like it that some people get some measly sig stones, and other people get the featured 5*?

    All these chance based rewards are so anti-player, it isn't funny.

    Everyone going into the rift is doing the same amount of work, but, some people luck out and get the best rewards, other people get crapped on.

    How is that balanced and "solid" rewards?


    If you don't like RNG, then you are in the wrong game.
  • Blackadder17996Blackadder17996 Posts: 56
    I've saved the Chronometer for a Skill AG for Aegon. Never got that for 5-6 runs. But the RNG took me to a Science AG today. I'm not even mad. HT's awakened now and I still have the Chronometer!
  • GATE55GATE55 Posts: 39
    KingKiah said:

    I very much like the Rift system -- its enough incentive to play daily while also not being too overwhelming.
    The balance of task and reward is solid.

    However a recommendation to the incorporation of the Path Selector, we all know people are going to save and purchase it to select the Awakening Gem.
    With that being the most likely reason someone would purchase it. I think it would be a better system to have the awakening gem cycle as opposed to being RNG based on which one is shown.
    I've gotten both Mutant and Skill twice out of 4 runs. Im waiting out to get Tech so I can awaken my r5 Stark Spiderman
    I dont want this to appear as a complaint, but instead a way to incorporate more of a cycle and not strictly randomness.
    It would allow for me to know "in X days ill get it" and not be getting the same one two runs in a row.

    Yeah I need a mutant all I’m seeing mystic science mystic science.
  • Bungy84Bungy84 Posts: 25
    You can’t tell me that it’s random. I currently have 2 science and 2 mutant awakening gems, I got the chronometer trying to awaken aegon so I can complete abyss. I think we have done 7 or 8 rifts since the purchase and wouldn’t you know it the only 2 gems that have popped up are both mutant and science. I’m not even made that all I ever get is sig stones and 1k 5* shards, I just want to see some real rng on the awakening gem
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165
    Bungy84 said:

    You can’t tell me that it’s random. I currently have 2 science and 2 mutant awakening gems, I got the chronometer trying to awaken aegon so I can complete abyss. I think we have done 7 or 8 rifts since the purchase and wouldn’t you know it the only 2 gems that have popped up are both mutant and science. I’m not even made that all I ever get is sig stones and 1k 5* shards, I just want to see some real rng on the awakening gem

    Yea I got mutant again today
    Its for me skill and mutant that I get over and over
    And I got cosmic to proc once which I got through the rng

    I'm waiting for tech but its the for the most part been the same two everytime
    Yet my other account gets tech over and over :]

    Let me guess that in two days it'll proc skill
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 852 ★★★
    edited May 24
    KingKiah said:

    Bungy84 said:

    You can’t tell me that it’s random. I currently have 2 science and 2 mutant awakening gems, I got the chronometer trying to awaken aegon so I can complete abyss. I think we have done 7 or 8 rifts since the purchase and wouldn’t you know it the only 2 gems that have popped up are both mutant and science. I’m not even made that all I ever get is sig stones and 1k 5* shards, I just want to see some real rng on the awakening gem

    Yea I got mutant again today
    Its for me skill and mutant that I get over and over
    And I got cosmic to proc once which I got through the rng

    I'm waiting for tech but its the for the most part been the same two everytime
    Yet my other account gets tech over and over :]

    Let me guess that in two days it'll proc skill
    Wow almost my same scenario but with skill and science.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 157
    I think it’s fantastic luck for some they’re able to get awakening gems on most of their entries into the rift. I’ve gone several time’s and haven’t gotten one AG. Some 100 6* shards mostly and some minor stuff. As I slowly build to the chronometer I’ll have about 6 days left to hopefully pull a tech gem.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165

    I think it’s fantastic luck for some they’re able to get awakening gems on most of their entries into the rift. I’ve gone several time’s and haven’t gotten one AG. Some 100 6* shards mostly and some minor stuff. As I slowly build to the chronometer I’ll have about 6 days left to hopefully pull a tech gem.

    I got the chronometer for tech also and have yet to see it so good luck
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 165

    KingKiah said:

    Bungy84 said:

    You can’t tell me that it’s random. I currently have 2 science and 2 mutant awakening gems, I got the chronometer trying to awaken aegon so I can complete abyss. I think we have done 7 or 8 rifts since the purchase and wouldn’t you know it the only 2 gems that have popped up are both mutant and science. I’m not even made that all I ever get is sig stones and 1k 5* shards, I just want to see some real rng on the awakening gem

    Yea I got mutant again today
    Its for me skill and mutant that I get over and over
    And I got cosmic to proc once which I got through the rng

    I'm waiting for tech but its the for the most part been the same two everytime
    Yet my other account gets tech over and over :]

    Let me guess that in two days it'll proc skill
    Wow almost my same scenario but with skill and science.
    yep, seems to be the same two over and over
    Should of put it on a cycle so people could get what they want and not rely entirely on rng
  • DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 93
    3 tries since uncollected, every time mutant. I want tech the most. Mutant cosmic will do. But I'll save chrono for the last day, if there's still no tech. Will go for t2a or whatever ag will be there
  • Bungy84Bungy84 Posts: 25
    Yep of course today I another science 🤦‍♂️ This “RNG” is an absolute joke
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,262 ★★★★★
    Bungy84 said:

    Yep of course today I another science 🤦‍♂️ This “RNG” is an absolute joke

    RNG doesn't mean that each day will have a different Gem. Not automatically. It means that each day will generate one of the 6 Classes randomly.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 203 ★★

    Bungy84 said:

    Yep of course today I another science 🤦‍♂️ This “RNG” is an absolute joke

    RNG doesn't mean that each day will have a different Gem. Not automatically. It means that each day will generate one of the 6 Classes randomly.
    Oh look who it is, if everyone is getting rotated the same 2 gems each day doesn’t really validate your comment.
    If it’s to generate one of the 6 classes randomly then it’s broken because everyone is getting the same gems over and over
    Both my accounts doing the same and so is everyone commenting here
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,262 ★★★★★

    Bungy84 said:

    Yep of course today I another science 🤦‍♂️ This “RNG” is an absolute joke

    RNG doesn't mean that each day will have a different Gem. Not automatically. It means that each day will generate one of the 6 Classes randomly.
    Oh look who it is, if everyone is getting rotated the same 2 gems each day doesn’t really validate your comment.
    If it’s to generate one of the 6 classes randomly then it’s broken because everyone is getting the same gems over and over
    Both my accounts doing the same and so is everyone commenting here
    Do you do it each day? Do you wait and do it the next day? I've had different Gems on different tries, and a number of people have pulled exactly what they need, so that argument isn't accurate. RNG will have people pull the same thing sometimes. Especially with a 16% possibility.
  • GATE55GATE55 Posts: 39
    I been seeing mystic for last 6days -3rift enter pissing me off. All I need is mutant or tech or cosmic WTF
  • Bungy84Bungy84 Posts: 25
    Great the old under cover kabam employee pops up again. So you mean it’s just coincidence that I have completed the rift 8-9 times now and the only 2 gems I’ve seen just so happen to be the ones that I already hold in my inventory??? Statistically speaking I should have seen at least one type other then science and mutant.
  • Bungy84Bungy84 Posts: 25
    Well did another rift after kabam added intel to the daily cavs (pretty sure they said at the start that there would be no other way in obtaining them but anyway lol) and wouldn’t you know it another bloody science gem. So from 9 rifts I’ve had science 6 times and mutant 3 times, but yeah definitely random 🙄
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 429 ★★★
    KingKiah said:

    I very much like the Rift system -- its enough incentive to play daily while also not being too overwhelming.
    The balance of task and reward is solid.

    However a recommendation to the incorporation of the Path Selector, we all know people are going to save and purchase it to select the Awakening Gem.
    With that being the most likely reason someone would purchase it. I think it would be a better system to have the awakening gem cycle as opposed to being RNG based on which one is shown.
    I've gotten both Mutant and Skill twice out of 4 runs. Im waiting out to get Tech so I can awaken my r5 Stark Spiderman
    I dont want this to appear as a complaint, but instead a way to incorporate more of a cycle and not strictly randomness.
    It would allow for me to know "in X days ill get it" and not be getting the same one two runs in a row.

    I run 2 accounts and both bought the rift guarantee

    My main acct needed a skilled awakening and I used my guarantee on my 3rd rift to claim a skilled awakening gem

    My Jr account needed a cosmic awakening and I used my guarantee on my 7th rift to claim a cosmic awakening gem.

    So my advice is hang in there pal you have enough time to get the gem you need
Sign In or Register to comment.