**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Tickets [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Rozay613 said:

Also, why would we only get tickets for the last 5 months of donations? Our treasury has way more value than that. How is that a fair resolution? We run map 5 now but have a huge surplus from when we did map 6......

Its bc kabam wants to fight all the bots and mercs that donate to an alliance for cash. So they shift it from everyone to individual. General a good idea imo. Just a big problem for alliances that run not the same map.

On the other hand getting 5 months worth of donation back is almost like it was free for 5 months. Ofc only if you play map 6 and 7.
    But for map 5 its free in the future as well. And even if you cant use your tickets now you can maybe use them in the future.

I like this change a lot IF they figure the problem with diffrent BGs.
    I didn’t read a refund of 5 months of donations. I read any excess paid over a 5 month period will be refunded via tickets.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★

After running the numbers and finding out my alliance can continue to run Map 6 at the former reduced donation rates I was charging (150k gold, 25k BC and 18k loyalty), I withdraw my complaints. We will have a 4 ticket bonus from the total cost of 148,842 gold (22 tickets), 24,097 BC (29 tickets) and 18,174 Loyalty (28 tickets).

I still have no clue how they are going to extrapolate out how many tickets I should get for the 20 million gold I donated a few weeks ago. 150 tickets costs like 1.3 million gold. Does the sliding scale keep sliding further or does it ever reach an end at some point....

@Kabam Miike any input? I have donated close to 100 million gold into my alliance as the leader from December until now.

Anything you donated before roughly January 20th is gone.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    I'm the leader of my alliance. We have been a 5/5/5 Alliance for a long time but have had one BG who is more efficient start running map 6. They like running map 6 and are willing to spend resources to complete if to boost our alliances aq score since the cost is shared. Now, I have to either tell my map 6 guys they have to spend resources just to have the ability to try harder content (and spend more resources) to help everyone else who isn't paying anything anymore or worry about losing them to an all map 6 alliance. A lot of us have been together for over a year and are the reason we keep playing the game but I know this is not going to end well. Thanks Kabam.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Kabam should turn all resource in treasury to ticket - I mean all of them not just 5 month or so - and give us proper compensation. What kind of company are you Kabam, to just steal our things like this?
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

After running the numbers and finding out my alliance can continue to run Map 6 at the former reduced donation rates I was charging (150k gold, 25k BC and 18k loyalty), I withdraw my complaints. We will have a 4 ticket bonus from the total cost of 148,842 gold (22 tickets), 24,097 BC (29 tickets) and 18,174 Loyalty (28 tickets).

I still have no clue how they are going to extrapolate out how many tickets I should get for the 20 million gold I donated a few weeks ago. 150 tickets costs like 1.3 million gold. Does the sliding scale keep sliding further or does it ever reach an end at some point....

@Kabam Miike any input? I have donated close to 100 million gold into my alliance as the leader from December until now.

Anything you donated before roughly January 20th is gone.
    Ok. But the 20 million i donated several weeks ago? How does that get allocated as tickets? 150 tickets = 1.3 million gold. Great. So how do they keep diminishing my returns for gold to ticket ratio? Does a ticket eventually equal hundreds of thousands of gold on the far end of the spectrum or is it capped at some point? @Kabam Miike

My alliance has been 150k gold for map 6 since map 7 came out. I've always made up the difference on gold because I have tons of it and nothing to really do with it. I've banked every gold crystal we've gotten and over 1000 hero crystals ranging from 2* to PHC to 4* and Grandmaster (I basically only open Cavaliers, 5* and 6* crystals anymore) and was going to save them for the December Summoner Appreciation event when they give us an extra 10% gold for a week. I've done that 2 years in a row now, and bank all of the gold I receive straight into the treasury and keep 10 million in reserve.
  • CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76

The real issue with the tickets is that they’re only refunding 5 months worth
    We had more than 5 months worth of gold, loyalty, and battle chips in our treasury.
    If the tickets are for the higher maps then every ticket matters and we should be given an amount of tickets equal to all our resources they took.
    Whether it’s gold, loyalty, and battle chips, or tickets for map 6-7, they should restock the alliance coffers with an equitable amount equivalent to that which was usurped.
    We do plan on running the higher maps eventually and we shouldn’t have to buy more resources to do so.
    @Kabam Miike

I also understand that you’re trying to prevent alliances from taking advantage of players and from cheating. This is admirable. Therefore, it seems evident that the refund of resources should be equivalent to the sum total of resources each player has contributed since they started playing. Whether that be in actual resources or in tickets. 5 months doesn’t cut it. I’ve personally donated more than my share to alliances since starting the game.
  • JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    The cost need to be lowered more if you’re going to do this garbage or you’re still going to lose players.
  • PaddoPaddo Posts: 90
    The new ticket system had some concerns raised, mainly:
    1. A lot of alliances run different maps. If an alliance runs 1 group that runs map 6 and 2 groups that run map5, these 10 players doing map 6 get punished by the new system
    2. Alliances who have built up huge treasures chests over a longer periode of time (longer then 5 months) see those resources go to waist.

So to solve this, couldn't they just make the tickets alliance property instead of personal property? The you can just convert the existing treasure chest into tickets, and every player can just buy tickets for the alliance.
  • noldnold Posts: 30
    It doesn't solve the issue of merc donations, which is what brought about this change in the first place. Mercs could just join the alliance, buy tickets for the alliance, and then leave.
    nold said:

It doesn't solve the issue of merc donations, which is what brought about this change in the first place. Mercs could just join the alliance, buy tickets for the alliance, and then leave.

And what if you make it so that, when you leave an alliance, your tickets are withdrawn out of the alliance pool? That would counter mercs
    edited May 2020
    To make that more concrete, the new 'treasure chest' would just be a list with all the names of the alliance members, with the amount of tickets they bought. When an AQ map is activated, the cost would then be distributed evenly over all members who made an investment. If you leave the alliance, your name disappears and your remaining tickets with it. The first person who buys tickets is the first on the list, so nnew members are on the bottem and their tickets are used 'last'.
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    I don’t know how to and what will / can talk sense into this company ?

Seriously , if one of my employees handled my business like that , they would get fired the next day

Sorry to say , but you guys may be amazing game developers , but you have no business running a company , it’s out of your league
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    1mcoc said:

I’ve played this game for 5 years and have seen every bad decision and every reaction from Kabam to try and back track on it. As a company you were starting to get better, implementing changes with fair outcomes like the recent Namor and Cull scenario. Rank down tickets to get back all resources used to rank those champs etc.

My alliance treasury was there to use when we moved back to map 6 and 7, without anyone donating for over 5 months we still had

84 million gold
    6 million loyalty
    40 million BC

All this is now gone with no compensation, this is daylight robbery and stealing resources that didn’t belong to you. This is the lowest move you have ever done.

#Mcoc
    Meaningfully
    Conning
    Our
    Customers

Post your own #’s

Well the TOS specifically states , everything belongs solely to them and they have full discretion to change anything anytime with or without notice !

I’m just thinking , where does that leave us players ? and what exactly are we doing ?

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    P

Hey guys, very happy to continue to receive your feedback, but please remember that you should only be posting from one account. If you create multiple accounts to flood the thread, we will suspend those accounts and remove the posts.

So you comment on this but can't comment on how this affects alliances that run 665 or 654 or 655???

I'm sure you will find this next comment offensive.

But I honestly wonder if you have any personal integrity.

People spend REAL LIFE MONEY to pay your salary.

It's totally lost on you.
    Don’t forget his job is forum management not content creation/design/implementation.

In alliances that run 555x5/666x5/777x5 this is excellent. For the mixed ones I think it misses the mark a little bit.

A potential solution could be that the officer sets up the AQ schedule - 765 or whatever it is, and this creates a ticket for 765 in the store which you buy for entry. In this way everyone in the alliance is contributing. You wouldn’t be able to have the nuances that some alliances introduce like their map6/7 players paying less than their map5 to allow for item use etc. But it would stop it from being a ‘them and is’ situation.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    AdixRaj said:

1mcoc said:

I’ve played this game for 5 years and have seen every bad decision and every reaction from Kabam to try and back track on it. As a company you were starting to get better, implementing changes with fair outcomes like the recent Namor and Cull scenario. Rank down tickets to get back all resources used to rank those champs etc.

My alliance treasury was there to use when we moved back to map 6 and 7, without anyone donating for over 5 months we still had

84 million gold
    6 million loyalty
    40 million BC

All this is now gone with no compensation, this is daylight robbery and stealing resources that didn’t belong to you. This is the lowest move you have ever done.

#Mcoc
    Meaningfully
    Conning
    Our
    Customers

Post your own #’s

Well the TOS specifically states , everything belongs solely to them and they have full discretion to change anything anytime with or without notice !

I’m just thinking , where does that leave us players ? and what exactly are we doing ?

You always have a choice. This is a mobile game not something you have to play. If you don't like what they are doing you can always

1. Voice your displeasure
    2. Quit playing
    3. Go F2P
    4. Find a new mobile game to occupy your time

Just to name a few but I'm sure there are more. If you aren't having fun and don't like the direction things are going you always have a choice. Personally I am going to switch to F2P until the new systems are implemented and then I'll decide after release and playing if I want to continue being competitive, continue playing or stay F2P. So yes you have many options you can do.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Eric987 said:

Eric987 said:

GOTG said:

Lvernon15 said:

The only negative I see in this change is for alliances that don’t run the same map for every bg, that’s quite a big issue though

Not that simple.

With treasury system alliances can run AQ smoothly without worrying about individual resources, but now if just one member runs short of resources it would affect whole alliance. And you can't be sure that 30 members will always be able to manage their resources properly, especially in map 7 which required resources are very high.
    Resource management is and always has been a major component of this game. That's pretty much MCOC 101
    I agree with you a decent amount of your posts but you are an all AQ and no AW player so your opinion is somewhat skewed just like mine is. Please don't act lie you speak for all end game players . You have an arrogance about you.
    Uh, you realize I'm in the alliance that placed 4th in AW last season now right?
    You're right, I've seen previous posts of yours where it seemed like you didn't participate in competitive AW. That;s my fault for not verifying, but I still don't agree with your point of view.
    Yeah I bailed on AW for around a year. Finished abyss and act 6 and was bored honestly. So decided to dip my toes back into the competitive side of things. It's been a lot of fun actually
    I refuse to believe flow has ever been “fun”.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    People saying there shoul

TwmR said:

Knorr7227 said:

Map 5 players should get a refund of donations, not tickets

They are refunding your donations in tickets if you only do map 5 you have no need for tickets....
    They would never refund Donations. Any idea how intricate that would be or long it would take? Splitting it up is equally as unfair. Some donated more, some less, some not at all. When you give a Donation, you don't get it back. That much has been true for the duration of the game.
    P

Hey guys, very happy to continue to receive your feedback, but please remember that you should only be posting from one account. If you create multiple accounts to flood the thread, we will suspend those accounts and remove the posts.

So you comment on this but can't comment on how this affects alliances that run 665 or 654 or 655???

I'm sure you will find this next comment offensive.

But I honestly wonder if you have any personal integrity.

People spend REAL LIFE MONEY to pay your salary.

It's totally lost on you.
    Wow, angry much? Read the full post, they realized before us that this will affect alliances running different maps
    Note: We understand that this change may have some effect on Alliances that run multiple Maps in different Battlegroups. We are going to keep a very close eye on this and will be talking about it with you as your Alliances experience the new system to see what kind of solutions that we can work on in the future. That is a direct quote from the post. I am not saying what Kabam did was right. I think they figured we could suffer for some time, but reducing mercs could have been their primary concern. But, personal attacks are not right.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    A potential fix to the problem of one player not managing resources well would be to have lock spots in AQ, kind of like in war when you place defense you’re locked into that bg. If you pay for tickets for someone else it guarantees a spot locked for the player buying and the player receiving. The lock spot could be a 5 day lock period to ensure the person buying sticks out AQ. Also to prevent this being abused you’d need the player receiving to accept the payment so that players couldn’t abuse locking out other players.

I’m sure there’s some downsides to this but for the most part it addresses the issue of donating for other players.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    AdixRaj said:

But now since those resources aren’t needed to start aq , might as well give them back ? Not in ticket form I mean , map 5 players have zero use for tickets and are being robbed in plain daylight

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's no different than if they just made map 5 free in the old system then. The treasury wasn't a bank you could withdraw from. Those resources were gone no matter what if you aren't running anything higher than map 5
  • mljun2017mljun2017 Posts: 7
    I usually don't have enough loyalty to donate. So this is good for me as i can use another resource as an alternative
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Eric987 said:

Eric987 said:

GOTG said:

Lvernon15 said:

The only negative I see in this change is for alliances that don’t run the same map for every bg, that’s quite a big issue though

Not that simple.

With treasury system alliances can run AQ smoothly without worrying about individual resources, but now if just one member runs short of resources it would affect whole alliance. And you can't be sure that 30 members will always be able to manage their resources properly, especially in map 7 which required resources are very high.
    Resource management is and always has been a major component of this game. That's pretty much MCOC 101
    I agree with you a decent amount of your posts but you are an all AQ and no AW player so your opinion is somewhat skewed just like mine is. Please don't act lie you speak for all end game players . You have an arrogance about you.
    Uh, you realize I'm in the alliance that placed 4th in AW last season now right?
    You're right, I've seen previous posts of yours where it seemed like you didn't participate in competitive AW. That;s my fault for not verifying, but I still don't agree with your point of view.
    Yeah I bailed on AW for around a year. Finished abyss and act 6 and was bored honestly. So decided to dip my toes back into the competitive side of things. It's been a lot of fun actually
    I refuse to believe flow has ever been “fun”.
    I had a blast last season. Would it have been more fun without flow? Probably. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy last season still