**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time To Fix Quake ONCE For ALL! (Evade Against Debuff immune?)

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    tafre said:

I think if something like this is done to rewrite her description, things like this will be easily avoided.

An editor should take a pass through all of the abilities and make sure they make sense and accurately reflect what is in the game. That should be a goal and maintenance would be a simple matter after that. I was just playing around some old champs and there's still a ton of text that is ambiguous for no reason, doesn't make sense, or is inaccurate. There's still a bunch of "up to"s kicking around that don't make sense anymore.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Well, if Kabam do change any of Quake's in-fight mechanics, then I wonder how the hell you want people to do uncollected and act 6...and pretty much 90% of the game if not more! Look, war is just a segment of this game. Pretty sure Kabam made sure war was designed in a way that any champ on any node combination could be beaten. Whether debuff immune or not, they've got to have counters. You getting kills or not shouldn't be the biggest problem in the world. Infact, you shouldn't really bother about that, just place your champs and attack well. if you die, whatever you feel, is pretty much what someone else does whenever they get killed by your champs. Then they've gotta spend items, and that can get expensive, and you know how frustrating that can be.
    So, think about what you're asking. Fix Quake just cuz of your champs getting kills or not on defence, and guess what... bye-bye whatever amount of ease people got in variants, story mode, monthly EQ, AQ, RTTL, and war itself just by bringing quake for extremely problematic fights! If you want to solve your problem, just start placing someone like Aarkus on debuff immune and stop whining!
    In addition, it's not like there's any visible hope of getting Quake released as a 6*, so why weaken the only version we can probably have?
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    With all due respect rather than try to get a change made that isn't a bug because your defenders keep getting one shot by quake... Why not place some defenders that counter or make things difficult for quake so that they arent one shot... There are plenty of champs that can make her life difficult fighting against...
    Elsa with suicides
    Black widow OG
    Black widow DO
    Iceman
    Nightthrasher
    Iron man IW
    Moleman
    Ghost
    Aarkus
    Etc.....
    Just putting a point across!
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    When using quake pause the fight while performing heavy. We can clearly see that concussion is a debuff. Kabam should change it's description to be passive.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Lol so permently nerf an amazing champion for some defenders or nodes that will only be relevant for a while. It’s ridiculous to rank up defenders for war like they’ll stay op forever when Kabam releases op defender then an op counter and around it goes on and on.

This is the whole nerf blade bull all over again when players where crying about him curb stomping their mystic defenders during mystic wars.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Amadeo01 said:

This statement regarding concussion having been passive at some point is interesting. However, she still evades aar-immune opponents, which makes this even more obvious of a problem.

Now, I have a 5/65 quake. And I'd like her to be adjusted. Her ability description that is.

Please, finally update her description. Saying "we have no plans to rework/rebalance/fix quake at this point in time" is as much of a worthless statement as we could get. And that says a lot, no offense.

She does not work according to her description. Every literate quake user should know that. But apparently she also does not not work as intended, otherwise you should have plans to rework/rebalance/fix her.

I don't get what's so hard about this. Either fix her or her description. Stop these silly games. It's literally 1 line of description to be added and everyone will be at ease.

You wonder why people eat up fake kabam tweets? It's because of unnecessary issues like this one.

Her evade doesn't have to do with reducing the opponent's ability accuracy. If the opponent can reduce Quake's ability accuracy (e.g. Agent Venom) then yea, Quake's evade can fail and she'll get hit. But her description does not imply that it's the ability accuracy reduction resulting from concussion that allows her to evade.
    Huh? Not what I'm saying at all.

Quakes ability description says she evades all basic attacks against opponents suffering from a concussion.

Aar-/concussion-immune champs are immune to concussion. She still evades against those.

As I said, her description is flawed and should be updated. Please bring this up to the team, forum crew. I've requested this about 5 times now in the last few months. I've never gotten an answer.

Do your job, please.
    This is another case of the used to be passive, aar immune chanps would still get that concussion, it just wouldn’t do anything, she’s working exactly how she always has worked
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I’m not much of a quake player I can use her okay but I despise playing her. But they really don’t need to nerfed. Like OP why did you make this post just because you want her nerfed?
  • AO8mileAO8mile Posts: 89
    @TheInfinty how is it a nerf when the champ is not supposed to work like that? imagine like medusa auto-blocked stunned no matter(even the stun immune) what that would make her OP but the description was saying different thing would u liked to see people bringing medusa for every f'n thing in aw and easily beating the content? I don't have a problem with it outside of Alliance wars, but inside of Alliance war it's like somebody cheating, yeah master quake, stand against a wall for the whole fight and win the game, I have quake 5/65 and I can quake debuff immune also but I'm not gonna do that it isn't fun, it more sounds like cheating to me in a competitive part of the game like this, I don't understand why people don't get it, nobody is gonna nerf her, they will fix her, yes it was a bug, yes u took advantage of it but enough is enough man
    @Lvernon15 "used to be passive", dr.strange power gain used to be passive, rhino unstoppable used to be a buff, things changed in mcoc by the time, in this era quake concussion is a debuff and she is not working as intended
    AO8mile said:

@Lvernon15 "used to be passive", dr.strange power gain used to be passive, rhino unstoppable used to be a buff, things changed in mcoc by the time, in this era quake concussion is a debuff and she is not working as intended

Dr strange power gain is still passive and I don’t think rhino’s was ever a buff
    @Lvernon15 do u play the game? doctor strange power gain is buff now, it's been for months, 3 or 4 months since they changed it to buff lol

edited May 2020
    AO8mile said:

@Lvernon15 do u play the game? doctor strange power gain is buff now, it's been for months, 3 or 4 months since they changed it to buff lol

Show me his permanent power gain buff then, and show me a nullify champ preventing it

and this picture proves rhino's unstopp was a buff just for the record if u don't think doesn't mean it was not you clearly didn't start playing game from 2015~16 when I started @Lvernon15
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    No. Just no.
    @_ASDF_ Jesus how it is selfish for me and it's not selfish for people who actually are using this?
    Like if there was a bank and there was no police and guard for 1 day would actually go and empty the accounts which u don't know who that belongs to? cause it was an advantage? if u do that u get money and get richer and the one who lost the money become poorer, this is the same u use her against debuff immune getting happy other people who placed those defenders getting sad, this is like stealing, u just don't steal money directly, u steal war season points lol just the name is different the act is the same
    AO8mile said:

@_ASDF_ Jesus how it is selfish for me and it's not selfish for people who actually are using this?
    Like if there was a bank and there was no police and guard for 1 day would actually go and empty the accounts which u don't know who that belongs to? cause it was an advantage? if u do that u get money and get richer and the one who lost the money become poorer, this is the same u use her against debuff immune getting happy other people who placed those defenders getting sad, this is like stealing, u just don't steal money directly, u steal war season points lol just the name is different the act is the same

You are so delusional if you think trying to get quake nerfed isn’t selfish, like seriously

https://im6.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-6-983033ae375f.gif
    i
    What were u saying? it's not a buff? it looks like you're the one playing Marvel Strike Force not me @_ASDF_
    It's not a buff blah blah blah u don't even play the game lol
    AO8mile said:

https://im6.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-6-983033ae375f.gif
    i
    What were u saying? it's not a buff? it looks like you're the one playing Marvel Strike Force not me @_ASDF_
    It's not a buff blah blah blah u don't even play the game lol

I don’t see a power gain buff there mate