**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

If you want to fix AQ. Lower the timers to 30 minutes!!

I have read all of kabam's suggested changes but I haven't heard them address one of the biggest ones...AQ takes up too much of your time. It has people logging in every hour or two for five days straight. Can't even enjoy time with your family or wife or gf because you are checking your phone to see if your energy has refilled or a node is down. Or people leaving an alliance because they can't AQ because of work conflicts dealing with the amount of time needed to AQ. To me the easiest fix of this is lowering the timers to 30 minutes. That would allow AQ to move faster and give people a chance to participate in AQ and enjoy their life. 55 minutes is too long to wait for energy. Either that or shorten AQ to three days.
But the most realistic choice is lowering the timers because you have done it before when kabam has had maintenance situations that affected AQ times. So it can be done. So if kabam truly wants to improve the quality of life for summoners this one fix would really go a very long way imo. People agree or do you enjoy 55 minutes timers?

Comments

• YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    edited May 2020

Can't even enjoy time with your family or wife or gf because you are checking your phone to see if your energy has refilled or a node is down.

Noone forces you to play AQ

To me the easiest fix of this is lowering the timers to 30 minutes. That would allow AQ to move faster and give people a chance to participate in AQ and enjoy their life.

You are SOOOOO wrong.
    If Kabam change the timers to 30 minutes, then all the alliances will push their memebers to finish AQ in the first 10 hours for example. But if someone is working, or sleeping, or has something planned, then what?
    They should increase the enrgy cap to 7-8 or even better to 9

People agree or do you enjoy 55 minutes timers?

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that 1 hour has 60 minutes and not 55

I am not gonna comment on the photo, because I am really speechless
    On a second thought it's on of the most well photoshop images that I have ever seen
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Yup. Not one forum justice warrior has stated a single benefit from 1 hr times. Nor how 30 min timers would hurt AQ. Annnnnnnnnd we wait.....

Keep those hands over you eyes and fingers firmly in your ears; need to work on the mouth part.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    So with 30 minutes timer we can finish AQ early and use our champs for other content, or just put the phone down and relax.

But some guys want to play it all day, check the phone all the time and dont want to sleep. LOL.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The only negative point to 30 minute timers is that some alliances might use them to behave like idiots. 1/2 hour timers make AQ much more fun and relaxed and I always login far less with them, not more.
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Yup. Not one forum justice warrior has stated a single benefit from 1 hr times. Nor how 30 min timers would hurt AQ. Annnnnnnnnd we wait.....

Keep those hands over you eyes and fingers firmly in your ears; need to work on the mouth part.
    Weak. Try again. Only this time with a reason for the longer timers.
    Okay it occupies people’s time and keeps them from ****posting on the forums. ;)
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    But why? Why is 30 minute timers a stretch? Still haven’t gotten a single good reason for why it is a bad thing. More of bad hypotheticals. Why does it have to be a time stretch to finish? Why do people have to find reasons to excuse themselves from various things(work/family/get together) to move at bad times because they don’t have the freedom to move when they had the chance?

Give one good reason why It can’t work and fit into free time in our personal lives better. Why can’t we have that flexibility and use it as we want? Why do alliances who are a capable of map 6/7 have to go for map 5 because they can’t commit to the time requirement of every 5-7 hour logins. Why does it have to be so painful? I have to use the same amount of energy either way so why can’t we have flexibility of when it fits into our lives? Why can we not have to wake up to play a mobile game in the middle of the night because something real happened in someone’s life outside a game?

And the fact is the only communication for AQ occurs outside the game makes the communication argument hard. The game doesn’t even have the right means of communicating in the fashion AQ needs you too from a coordination and set up standpoint.

Finally AQ is the chore we have to do for rewards. It isn’t enjoyable. Its repetitive doing the same fights for months on end. It’s boring and annoying at best. 30 minute Timers would at least make it less annoying.
    xNig said:

True enough. 30 min timers will make AQ easier and faster to clear, even if some alliances act like idiots and demand people to login more often to spend their energy.

Problem is... The current AQ map was designed with 1 hour timers in mind. Lowering it to 30 mins, which essentially doubles the energy given, cannot come without a downside that might cause a redesign that extends the map.

45 mins to 1 hour timers are fine. 30 mins is too much of a stretch. Communication, organization, and responsibility from members are what makes AQ efficient and enjoyable, not timers.

Its weird. Just weird.

_ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Okay it occupies people’s time and keeps them from ****posting on the forums. ;)
    You dont have anything useful or good to share. Why dont you listen to others?

If there is no one pushing Kabam, today we still get t5bc for act 6 exploration.

And we will get another 6.2 in act 7, but much much harder and more bs.

There are people who fight for the better, and people who obeys blindly.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

xNig said:

True enough. 30 min timers will make AQ easier and faster to clear, even if some alliances act like idiots and demand people to login more often to spend their energy.

Problem is... The current AQ map was designed with 1 hour timers in mind. Lowering it to 30 mins, which essentially doubles the energy given, cannot come without a downside that might cause a redesign that extends the map.

45 mins to 1 hour timers are fine. 30 mins is too much of a stretch. Communication, organization, and responsibility from members are what makes AQ efficient and enjoyable, not timers.

Its weird. Just weird.
    That’s a very compelling argument. Lol
    GOTG said:

_ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

You dont have anything useful or good to share. Why dont you listen to others?

If there is no one pushing Kabam, today we still get t5bc for act 6 exploration.

And we will get another 6.2 in act 7, but much much harder and more bs.

There are people who fight for the better, and people who obeys blindly.
    These threads are as old as AQ itself, been there done that many times over. This is an old and tired debate that goes nowhere. I actually recently deleted old bookmarks about it from the old forums (prior to early 2017) where Kabam laid out the reasoning. This is part of the core design of AQ, ASDF knows it but is poking the bear.
    edited May 2020
    Timone147 said:

But why? Why is 30 minute timers a stretch? Still haven’t gotten a single good reason for why it is a bad thing. More of bad hypotheticals. Why does it have to be a time stretch to finish? Why do people have to find reasons to excuse themselves from various things(work/family/get together) to move at bad times because they don’t have the freedom to move when they had the chance?

Give one good reason why It can’t work and fit into free time in our personal lives better. Why can’t we have that flexibility and use it as we want? Why do alliances who are a capable of map 6/7 have to go for map 5 because they can’t commit to the time requirement of every 5-7 hour logins. Why does it have to be so painful? I have to use the same amount of energy either way so why can’t we have flexibility of when it fits into our lives? Why can we not have to wake up to play a mobile game in the middle of the night because something real happened in someone’s life outside a game?

And the fact is the only communication for AQ occurs outside the game makes the communication argument hard. The game doesn’t even have the right means of communicating in the fashion AQ needs you too from a coordination and set up standpoint.

Finally AQ is the chore we have to do for rewards. It isn’t enjoyable. Its repetitive doing the same fights for months on end. It’s boring and annoying at best. 30 minute Timers would at least make it less annoying.

Oh please. It’s not as though if timers were reduced to 30 mins people do not have to excuse themselves from various things. It’s just going to be the same thing, over and over again.

From a Kabam perspective, it’s very simple. AQ rewards commitment. That’s why you need to login more regularly compared to AW.

AW rewards skill, which is why deaths matter, and the amount of energy you get compared to the number of nodes you need to move has such a huge disparity.

If you find the need to commit a hassle and chore, then you might want to reconsider the maps you’re doing.
    Old response

“ We have been, but some people don't want to believe it. Think about members of Alliances in areas of the world where AQ starts at 1 am. Everybody starts with 3 energy. Within 2 hours, you'll have 5. If you sleep until 7 am, you've missed out on 4 potential Steps. That's not the worst thing in the world, for most alliances, you haven't held anybody back. If it were half an hour, you'll have missed put on 10 energy. You're now behind, players have Alliance members angry at them. This is very common and happens for a lot of Alliances. It's easy to believe that only your opinion is correct when it's in an echo chamber, but this game isn't for a select group of people. It's for players from all around the world.

This is the last I'm going to speak on the subject.“
    It’s entertaining to see how people are asking to make things easier for them to attain the rewards that they THINK they deserve. It’s always “please make it easier for us!”

If Kabam were to make the timers 30 mins, then ramp up the map difficulty 2x, or make maps 1.5-2x as large to explore.

All arguments would still hold then. People get to move when they want and have an abundance of energy. Then again, they would start complaining that it’s too hard (as proven by the updated Map 6 that had many alliances crying) and they aren’t able to complete it. Geez.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

It’s entertaining to see how people are asking to make things easier for them to attain the rewards that they THINK they deserve. It’s always “please make it easier for us!”

If Kabam were to make the timers 30 mins, then ramp up the map difficulty 2x, or make maps 1.5-2x as large to explore.

All arguments would still hold then. People get to move when they want and have an abundance of energy. Then again, they would start complaining that it’s too hard (as proven by the updated Map 6 that had many alliances crying) and they aren’t able to complete it. Geez.

For me it's very simple. I just enjoy AQ more when we have 30 minute timers. Don't have problems clearing with 1 hour although with the game in the state that it is we've had more turnover than normal, which has caused AQ issues now and then. But it isn't even to fix that. I just like enjoying AQ more lol. Always have 4-5 energy when I login. Clear a bunch of fights and forget about it for awhile. Doesn't matter if you are wasting energy sitting on 5 as there is plenty. It's just a better experience. Obviously if they retuned the map for 30 minute timers that would defeat the purpose.