**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Time To Fix Quake ONCE For ALL! (Evade Against Debuff immune?)

Comments

• Options
    AO8mileAO8mile Posts: 89
    @_ASDF_ Look at this GIF Carefully might hurt u Strike force player lol
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Let's ignore OP for a second:

Fact is, there is a clear discrepancy between quake's description and her actual in-game functionality.

Fact is, everytime rumors about a quake fix/nerf/rework/rebalance came up kabam stated that she's either "working as intended" or that there are "no plans to change her now".

This situation we are in right now is in my opinion unnecessarily stressful. If quake is working as intended, then her description should be updated accordingly. Otherwise we constantly need to "fear" a pending quake fix.

There is absolutely no reason to neither appropriately acknowledge this nor to simply fix this other than keeping the option of nerfing her in their back hand. In my opinion we need to be a lot louder and demand for kabam to finally update quake's description.

Yeah, they need to update her description which would solve all of this, that’s the solution and yes, even though they have said she’s working fine you can tell there’s that shred of concern because we know kabam do stuff like that and it doesn’t match the description, and that’s the reason people hate these posts. Simply change the description and all of this is stopped, the reason people don’t just want them to do this is because we know they have screwed us over in the past with this sort of thing and there’s no guarantee they won’t again, even though I know it’d mean the end for a large amount of players, possibly me included
  • Options
    @_ASDF_ I uploaded the gif u can watch if u go up
    It's buff now and it can be nullified lol
  • Options
    AO8mile said:

@_ASDF_ I uploaded the gif u can watch if u go up
    It's buff now and it can be nullified lol

Those buffs on strange aren’t the power gain that you were originally referring to
  • Options
    AO8mile said:
    That’s not a power gain buff, that’s his life steal buff that has a weird icon
  • Options
    AO8mile said:
    Ffs read what I’ve said like 3 times, THAT ISNT THE PASSIVE POWER GAIN IVE BEEN REFERRING TO
  • Options
    He said it's now passive and I'm playing marvel strike force as a strike force player I have to say I have more knowledge about mcoc than he does, at least I knew it's been months since doc strange power gain is buff
  • Options
    AO8mile said:

He said it's now passive and I'm playing marvel strike force as a strike force player I have to say I have more knowledge about mcoc than he does, at least I knew it's been months since doc strange power gain is buff

That’s not his power gain, we are referring to his bar every 9 seconds, try using a nullify champ and see if he suddenly stops gaining power, and you’ll learn we are right
  • Options
    @Lvernon15 I'll try that and definitely gif that if I can find a duel dr.strange duel target lol
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    AO8mile said:

That's a health steal buff, not power gain. Kabam should change the icon to prevent confusion.
    As others have stated before, Quake needs a description update, not a change to her abilities.
  • Options
    AO8mile said:

@Lvernon15 I'll try that and definitely gif that if I can find a duel dr.strange duel target lol

If nullify stopped his passive bar every 9 seconds don’t you think everyone would just use a nullifier against him?
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Fact is, there is a clear discrepancy between quake's description and her actual in-game functionality.

Fact is, everytime rumors about a quake fix/nerf/rework/rebalance came up kabam stated that she's either "working as intended" or that there are "no plans to change her now".

This situation we are in right now is in my opinion unnecessarily stressful. If quake is working as intended, then her description should be updated accordingly. Otherwise we constantly need to "fear" a pending quake fix.

There is absolutely no reason to neither appropriately acknowledge this nor to simply fix this other than keeping the option of nerfing her in their back hand. In my opinion we need to be a lot louder and demand for kabam to finally update quake's description.

Yeah, they need to update her description which would solve all of this, that’s the solution and yes, even though they have said she’s working fine you can tell there’s that shred of concern because we know kabam do stuff like that and it doesn’t match the description, and that’s the reason people hate these posts. Simply change the description and all of this is stopped, the reason people don’t just want them to do this is because we know they have screwed us over in the past with this sort of thing and there’s no guarantee they won’t again, even though I know it’d mean the end for a large amount of players, possibly me included
    I agree with this.

I love my Quake. I spent a long time perfecting my play with her and don't want her touched. But I agree the descriptions should be altered so the words match what she does, which they apparently have said is all intended.

We've seen champs who were untouched for years suddenly "fixed" and don't want to see that happen to one of my favorite champs, and a champion I can depend on to get me out of a jam.
  • Options
    kfd2010 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I agree with this.

I love my Quake. I spent a long time perfecting my play with her and don't want her touched. But I agree the descriptions should be altered so the words match what she does, which they apparently have said is all intended.

We've seen champs who were untouched for years suddenly "fixed" and don't want to see that happen to one of my favorite champs, and a champion I can depend on to get me out of a jam.
    Yeah, if quake is nerfed then content would immediately become much harder, I mean look at 6.4.3 darkhawk, the fight has maximum 5 champions who can solo, and if quake was nerfed that would remove the best option, she’s the solution to problems, it’s not a case if she hulk where she was cheesing stuff because that did seem sort of unintentional and it didn’t work like that always, and it was a new thing so people hadn’t spent to get her, a significant quake nerf is a significant drop in endgame players, and just having that ever so slight feeling it may happen just keeps us unnecessarily tense
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    AO8mile said:

and this picture proves rhino's unstopp was a buff just for the record if u don't think doesn't mean it was not you clearly didn't start playing game from 2015~16 when I started @Lvernon15

That unstoppable isn’t a buff. That screenshot is from a time where buffs and passives did not have different outlines. I think we can all agree that bane was always a passive effect.

• Options
    Edeuink said:

AO8mile said:

and this picture proves rhino's unstopp was a buff just for the record if u don't think doesn't mean it was not you clearly didn't start playing game from 2015~16 when I started @Lvernon15

That unstoppable isn’t a buff. That screenshot is from a time where buffs and passives did not have different outlines. I think we can all agree that bane was always a passive effect.

So I wasn’t even wrong on that imao
  • Options
    ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    @AO8mile one day when you get a quake and if you EVER get the skill to master her you’re gonna regret this post
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Here's the thing.

We don't know how she's intended to work. Only Kabam knows that.

We have established that prior to whatever change it was, her description and her abilities were consistent, and the way she functions has not changed.

Somewhere along the way, something changed with concussion. I don't think its crazy to ask Kabam to fix the description. But i also think several people in this thread have read way too much into it. Its the way it works, leave it alone.
  • Options
    @Colleen I have a 5/65 Quake and I can play stun immune cause I needed to learn that, to through act 6 lol
  • Options
    My problem is with War only and only
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Maybe the issue OP is that you ranked up the wrong defenders

Rank up a Hyperion then we won’t need to hear you moan anymore.

Problem solved.

I do agree about the description thing though. Let’s get that fixed and be done with it so we at least don’t get anymore of these threads
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

A brave developer would actually nerf Quake tbh. She bypasses too many game mechanics. But Kabam won't do it due to all the hue and cry that will cause.

On the topic: yes, her description needs to be clarified / corrected since concussion is a debuff now.

I’d hope that kabam are smart enough to know a quake nerf will be it for hundreds if not thousands of players, her description just needs to be changed to say she evades when charging a heavy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    AO8mile said:

@_ASDF_ Jesus how it is selfish for me and it's not selfish for people who actually are using this?
    Like if there was a bank and there was no police and guard for 1 day would actually go and empty the accounts which u don't know who that belongs to? cause it was an advantage? if u do that u get money and get richer and the one who lost the money become poorer, this is the same u use her against debuff immune getting happy other people who placed those defenders getting sad, this is like stealing, u just don't steal money directly, u steal war season points lol just the name is different the act is the same

Dude, you're like a broken record. She is working as intended, just because you disagree with that statement doesn't make it false. Take a chill pill and start using your own quake in war, it's not cheating, taking advantage or a bug.