**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overrated and underrated champs

Which champs does everyone hype up, but you just don't care for them? Which characters do you love, but it seems like no one talks about them? I'll start.

Overrated
Starlord
Namor
Domino

Underrated
Gamora
Gwenpool
Archangel

Comments

• CaptainVanDyneCaptainVanDyne Posts: 47

Sure can respect your opinion but i don't think domino is overrated and archangel is underrated.
    Definitely gwenpool is underrated and star lord is loosing his fame now as aegon and gulli2099 does everything he does and does it lot better.

I just don't like her play style. I always lose when I'm playing her. It's a me problem more than anything. I never see anyone talk about archangel but he's been a favorite for a long time.
  • CaptainVanDyneCaptainVanDyne Posts: 47
    TJ82 said:

Which champs does everyone hype up, but you just don't care for them? Which characters do you love, but it seems like no one talks about them? I'll start.

Overrated
    Starlord
    Namor
    Domino

Underrated
    Gamora
    Gwenpool
    Archangel

Overrated
    Starlord
    Namor
    Domino

Underrated
    Gamora
    Gwenpool
    Archangel

Maybe you don't know how to use a Domino or Namor. And for a 2015 hero, SL is still very good. And AA underrated....lol
    Oh I'm sure I don't lol. I never have much success with them. I'm not great with quake either, but I can see how she'd be super useful if you can play her right. SL isn't bad, I just don't see the thrill of him.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Winter soldier w/ Killmonger synergy makes him hit pretty hard... Underrated For Sure lol
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Domino ain't overrated, archangel ain't underrated

In my opinion

Overrated
    Blade
    Ghost rider (not everyone rates him that high, but I've seen many do so and I just don't see why)

Underrated
    Elsa bloodstone
    Unduped CAIW (love his damage but noone seems to talk about it all that much)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Bawa69 said:

overated:
    stark spidey (the dex and building poise charges is pretty painful also very low healthpool)
    blade (without synergies pretty average)
    sentinel (building up the 100 analysis charges every fight is painful)
    morningstar (super damage but painful ramp up)

underrated:
    Red Hulk (very tanky hits hard not difficult to build to 10 heat charges)
    Venom the duck (doesn't get talked about often...very build your own champ kinda character allows you to pick and choose your buffs)
    Dr VooDoo (as far as mystics go definetly a top tier champ especially awakened but sadly gets overshadowed by Doom BWCV and SS)
    IMIW (defense god but severly neglected on attack can do insane damage continuously if played correctly)

I love how you say VTD is underrated but there have been two threads on him and a live stream of him doing labyrinth in the past week
  • Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★

Sure can respect your opinion but i don't think domino is overrated and archangel is underrated.
    Definitely gwenpool is underrated and star lord is loosing his fame now as aegon and gulli2099 does everything he does and does it lot better.

I just don't like her play style. I always lose when I'm playing her. It's a me problem more than anything. I never see anyone talk about archangel but he's been a favorite for a long time.
    Yes it takes pretty decent grip on parrying for playing both Domino and AA effectively because with AA mostly you will be doing parry and heavy and if u have domino trinity available thn same goes for her as well...she can walk all over variant 2 like a walk in the park.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★

Bawa69 said:

overated:
    stark spidey (the dex and building poise charges is pretty painful also very low healthpool)

underrated:
    Venom the duck (doesn't get talked about often...very build your own champ kinda character allows you to pick and choose your buffs)
    Dr VooDoo (as far as mystics go definetly a top tier champ especially awakened but sadly gets overshadowed by Doom BWCV and SS)
    IMIW (defense god but severly neglected on attack can do insane damage continuously if played correctly)

I love how you say VTD is underrated but there have been two threads on him and a live stream of him doing labyrinth in the past week
    yea sure 2 whole threads in a large forum and one person live streaming him in labyrinth .... so popular, very everyone's fav , much wow...lol
    TwmR said:

Bawa69 said:

overated:

underrated:

I would say vtd ramp up is more painful than Morningstar
    i dont think so..atleast VtD can get multiple same or different buffs in the same fight...morning star can gain one charge per fight...so in a quest say like UC EQ...which has 6 fights per path + 1 boss i have to almost play the full path with MS to get 5 charges before i face the boss

Bawa69 said:

overated:

underrated:

Sentinel ain’t that bad to get the analysis charges up. Of course I have him awakened so it’s easier but all you have to do is hit the opponents block.
    true awakened and against mutant he gains rapidly...but before i get to say 50-60 charges the damage is abysmal...also the irritating part is every fight i have to ramp it up from 0 he cud benefit from a persistant charge mechanic like cap marvel movie...
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Just curious: in what version of the game is Archangel underrated? How are Namor and Domino overrated?
  • Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★
    Mayis said:

she can walk all over variant 2 like a walk in the park.

Is it doable with r4 Domino? I saved some tier 2 alpha to get my first r4, and i can't choose between her, Claire and Cap IW. If she can get me any variant completion, the choice becomes obvious :)

Definitely i have 6 star at rank 1 so its equivalent to 5 star rank 4 but the Q is if u have the trinity red hulk and massacre if yes thn domino is better if no than go for cap iw he will do pretty good as well.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    A newer utuber is primarily making content on how to better and properly use underrated champs like dormammu, Pysclocke, Diablo, etc. Some great content on dismissed champs at channel MCOC ALBUNDYRULES

• DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 101
    Wish I could make all the resources to rank up try out different champs. The resources only allows to rank up tried & tested champs by the community.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Overrated:
    Domino(Great damage output but a lot a champs nowadays can outdamage her)
    Blade (Really old now as their are a lot of bleed immune champs and relies on synergies)
    Star lord (Super old)
    Underrated:
    Venom the duck (Crazy buffs and with the perfect setup can beat almost any content)
    Sorcerer supreme (Crazy buffs again and with the nullify aura could nullify even the most stacked enemies)
    Magik (Awesome power control and tankiness)
    Vision aarkus (Super op power gain with extra dmg from armor breaks and frostbite)
    Spider man stealth suit (So many people sleep on him but he is a really good dps)

• WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    on which planet is Domino overrated and AA underrated? You all did hear about pluto? dam shame!

Overrated Blade that's because I never really took the time to use/learn him

Underrate Vision Aarkus don't know if he's underrated but there no hype about him!