**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Γ†gon not as useful as I thought.

Comments

• GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2020
    Tenacity, great damage, true accuracy, has a 100% stun, unblockable

Yea super bad champ
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326 β˜…
    My Aegon just beat up grandmaster 6.4.6 last night. I was able to ramp up to 500+ combo. The only time that I can probably match SL's utility with aegon is if he has:

1. caiw power drain synergy
    2. mr fantastics power sting synergy plus any of his pre-fight abilities
    3. most of nick fury's synergies (evade, debuff shrug/heal) or aegon combo shield synergy

getting all of that in one questing team is not possible, much even for war/aq attack team, but you can pick what you need.

I can see some interesting combinations via unique synergies and mastery setup because of him being in the tech class. resonate / inequity with the power sting synergy adds a big chunk of damage.

the simple thing though is all you need for aegon is just aegon, skilled gameplay and some ramp up (that both champs do anyway). SL needs synergies for utility that can probably be given to other champs that does not need ramp up.
  • Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

he’s basically the key to beating the abyss so if you want to do that you have no choice but to use him

Many people beat the abyss with less units without him actually.
    yea tell me who did it without him
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I get OP opinion. Lot's of the monthly EQ or wars don't really give Aegon a chance to shine. A faster ramp up champ might be preferable. That said I'd much rather use Aegon in Lol type content in a huge way, he's so much better after you get through the first fight it's not even
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 β˜…β˜…
    Kevo9513 said:

@Kevo9513 do tell
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bugmat78 said:

I don't have a 5* SL but my 5/65 sig 200 Aegon is irreplaceable. He;s helped me with (1) Easy LoL initial clear,(2) Cavalier (when he was r4), (3) AQ, (4)EQ (he's fantastic for nodse likeuuunblockable finale where you carry them to 26% then sp3 stun lock them for the rest of the fight). The one arm man is in the BR tier (beyond ridiculous tier). First fight or two is the only issue. Combo shield is also fantastic and in his base kit.

Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

he’s basically the key to beating the abyss so if you want to do that you have no choice but to use him

Who are these many people? Really curious to know.
    I fhought Aegons combo shield wasnt reliable since it expires so fast, hence him needing proxima for a better one?
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    MaxGaming said:

Yes it is true what you guys are saying I just think starlord is the better choice as he also has a fury chance to come up and the critical hits with starlord are also amazing I just want to show that Starlord is not great in this meta and is a bit more useful in my eyes than others

You have to be a new player right . There is no way starlord is better than Aegon .
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    RookieXX said:

I'm just astonished that the entire paragraph is* one sentence

PMSL! I noticed that straight away. I agree with the point though, I don't really like him with the content I mostly play.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2020
    DrZola said:

I hope you are wrong. A bunch of cats and years of waiting are about to go into R5’ing my Aegon.

Dr. Zola

Hey mate,

The value of my opinion is exactly what it cost because I know where I am ingame compared to you but I have avoided act 5 forever because I'm not that good, have no roster depth and I get bored easily.

I am blasting through it with a 4/55, loved every path with the 50% attack reduction and my only regret is that I should be doing it with a rank 3 because nothing survives long enough to get the combo to where he becomes a true beast (with a sig 80) even though I don't get hit. I welcome larger health pools just so I can let this guy eat. I'll get cavalier this weekend after a long time avoiding it.

Now I know Cav isn't that exciting but remember, I'm no good.

Starlord was fun but Aegon is an animal.

• JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Kevo9513 So are you gonna tell us
    Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

@Kevo9513 So are you going to tell us who those people are, or were you just chatting ****?
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

Could you please present evidence of this.

• 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2020
    Bruh... It's aegon.... That champ is built for
    LOL and AOL.
    It's a non marvel comic character designed by KABAM.

If u r not gonna play those ever. Do not even bother ranking him up.
    But he is a solid champ absolutely solid.

I became elder's bane this week (3 months after becoming cavilier, which is wierd)
    pulled him i have sig stones and generic awk gem.
    But i am never gonna play lol or aol. So ain't gonna rank him up. Simple. I have a maxed out 4 star already.

But every one should have one aegon.
    When i need practice i go with aegon. He is good for skill building excercise.
    Take him to ROL and play.
    Interception
    Back draft
    Dexterity
    Combos
    All are good skill to have. And polish them time to time.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    007md92 said:

Bruh... It's aegon.... That champ is built for
    LOL and AOL.
    It's a non marvel comic character designed by KABAM.

If u r not gonna play those ever. Do not even bother ranking him up.
    But he is a solid champ absolutely solid.

I became elder's bane this week (3 months after becoming cavilier, which is wierd)
    pulled him i have sig stones and generic awk gem.
    But i am never gonna play lol or aol. So ain't gonna rank him up. Simple. I have a maxed out 4 star already.

But every one should have one aegon.
    When i need practice i go with aegon. He is good for skill building excercise.
    Take him to ROL and play.
    Interception
    Back draft
    Dexterity
    Combos
    All are good skill to have. And polish them time to time.

You could go to rol and practice those skills with any champ
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

If you’re looking at msd that’s because he’s a god at the game, pretty much everyone else will spend more
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm in act 5 so none of my advice is that accurate
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    MaxGaming said:

And that explains everything, health pools are too low to see him in his full glory, he comes into his element in act 6 lol and abyss
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2020
    MaxGaming said:

Then hold him down, to R2/3, until you get to higher content and see this also as an investment for the future. But believe us, in every content to come, where a lot of hits are needed, nobody will outshine him.

I love my SL, mostly in these day because he is my only 5* (needed in act 6) for combo shield of my Aegon.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wait till you do labyrinth and abyss.
    Character is an absolute cheat code
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Aegon is an amazing champion, star lord is still useful for some content but has lost his value because of aegon and guilly 2099, aegon is the best champ for LOL and Abyss, does so much in Act 6 and act 5. He has insane damage and Utility (such as tenacity which is very underrated.)
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GagoH said:

Bugmat78 said:

I don't have a 5* SL but my 5/65 sig 200 Aegon is irreplaceable. He;s helped me with (1) Easy LoL initial clear,(2) Cavalier (when he was r4), (3) AQ, (4)EQ (he's fantastic for nodse likeuuunblockable finale where you carry them to 26% then sp3 stun lock them for the rest of the fight). The one arm man is in the BR tier (beyond ridiculous tier). First fight or two is the only issue. Combo shield is also fantastic and in his base kit.

Kevo9513 said:

Giodood_1 said:

Who are these many people? Really curious to know.
    I fhought Aegons combo shield wasnt reliable since it expires so fast, hence him needing proxima for a better one?
    All depends - if you can carry hr then Proxima gives you an additional combo shield (useful in the first couple fights) and added furies. But you can build up w/o her if you are skilled enough. His kit shield isn't as good but good enough once you are ramped up past 100-200 imo.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Aegon is a typical end-game champion. For anything below uncollected gameplay, he is useless.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Although in my opinion Γ†gon isnt as good as a champion I named Γ†gon does have a great utility in most endgame content all of the people who disagree with this post are 100% correct I only am trying to say that the champion I compared Γ†gon to is a og champion that had a great potential and with all the new champions he is starting to loose that potential and is getting more and more useless in endgame content so everyone that disagrees with the post is correct about Γ†gon the only reason I say he isn't useful is that the first fight and he doesnt ramp up as fast as Starlord does