**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

To be honest, I've played pretty much since the start and maybe I've not played in a high enough alliance or maybe I haven't had as much luck with RNG but I definitely struggled during Act 6 exploration and didn't always have good counters regardless of rank up resources, I consider myself a reasonable player too.
    For those people who do have newer accounts and are motivated to push progress I think hearing that once they get to a point they need to wait potentially for months or years until RNG gives them what they need to satisfy gates AND those champs be able to clear the content must be hugely disheartening. If the situation was flipped I'd probably have called it a day.

Of course you'll have some variance in things depending on how much and at what level people are playing at. I also am not blaming the players for the situation at least solely. It's a combination of there being more access to higher tier rewards and just more resources in general than those of us playing act 5 at release and players feeling they need to "catch up".

There are people complaining about act 6 that have only done one pass through Act 5 and never even attempted exploration yet. It's no real surprise they're finding it insanely difficult.

That's why I see what they were attempting with the 6.2 gates in forcing players to stop and regroup before pushing forward. They went a bit too far to an extent though. 6.2.2 Sinister, the 6.2.5 gates, and 6.2.6 are too prohibitive in my opinion but outside of those instances I much prefer the design of 6.2 over the ultra specific nodes and insane attack and health we got in 6.3 and 6.4 personally.
    Same point, worded differently.

If only A6 had an Elder’s Bane gate, and A7, Throne Breaker.
    If Act 6 was HEAVILY tuned down, that could be acceptable. Especially if Kabam listens and rethinks their approach to progressive story content so Act 7 isn't over-the-top obnoxious with nodes on nodes on nodes. Otherwise, it's just asking people to not bother at all with the story content anymore.
    Ok Act 6 heavily toned down. Act 7 toned down in a similar way. So, which content will be left to actually challenge your r5 and 6*r3 rosters?

We need something, right? Should they change Variant difficulty to same as Variant 1? Because I know people will kick up a bigger storm if they made future variants difficult now.
    This is the problem, what is supposed to be end game content in this game? It's always been story and additional Everest type content like Rol through AoL. Does it need to stay that way? If so, to what level should it be tuned? I personally don't have a problem with most of 6.2 and wasn't a fan of 6.3 and 6.4 but other people obviously feel differently. If story content is no longer going to be what tests the top tier players, can we really expect the jumps in roster progression that we get from it currently? What would replace it?

As you said I can only imagine how people would react if the Variants went from a sort of in-between to being the apex of content difficulty again. So are the top only supposed to get some legitimately challenging stuff every few years when we get the next Everest?

How about Frequent Challenges like the Champion Challenge, Boss Rush, and other type of Gauntlets? They could easily implement these as they have done with Variants.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

To be honest, I've played pretty much since the start and maybe I've not played in a high enough alliance or maybe I haven't had as much luck with RNG but I definitely struggled during Act 6 exploration and didn't always have good counters regardless of rank up resources, I consider myself a reasonable player too.
    For those people who do have newer accounts and are motivated to push progress I think hearing that once they get to a point they need to wait potentially for months or years until RNG gives them what they need to satisfy gates AND those champs be able to clear the content must be hugely disheartening. If the situation was flipped I'd probably have called it a day.

Of course you'll have some variance in things depending on how much and at what level people are playing at. I also am not blaming the players for the situation at least solely. It's a combination of there being more access to higher tier rewards and just more resources in general than those of us playing act 5 at release and players feeling they need to "catch up".

There are people complaining about act 6 that have only done one pass through Act 5 and never even attempted exploration yet. It's no real surprise they're finding it insanely difficult.

That's why I see what they were attempting with the 6.2 gates in forcing players to stop and regroup before pushing forward. They went a bit too far to an extent though. 6.2.2 Sinister, the 6.2.5 gates, and 6.2.6 are too prohibitive in my opinion but outside of those instances I much prefer the design of 6.2 over the ultra specific nodes and insane attack and health we got in 6.3 and 6.4 personally.

If Act 6 was HEAVILY tuned down, that could be acceptable. Especially if Kabam listens and rethinks their approach to progressive story content so Act 7 isn't over-the-top obnoxious with nodes on nodes on nodes. Otherwise, it's just asking people to not bother at all with the story content anymore.
    Ok Act 6 heavily toned down. Act 7 toned down in a similar way. So, which content will be left to actually challenge your r5 and 6*r3 rosters?

We need something, right? Should they change Variant difficulty to same as Variant 1? Because I know people will kick up a bigger storm if they made future variants difficult now.
    That depends on your definition of challenge and the level of it you want. Most people find Act 6 BS and Variants after 1 appropriately challenging and I would agree with that.
    What are you looking for?

If you're going through current story with a 6star rank 2 roster, you should be all "I am like unto a GOOOOOOOOOD!!!" but they've tuned it so you're "I am like unto an average duuuuuude!"
    See I don't necessarily agree here. Going through act 6 with a R2 should be equivalent to going through most of act 5 with a 5/50 4* as that's what the majority of players were doing at release. Doing that with the champs available at the time definitely did not feel like a God.
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

This is the problem, what is supposed to be end game content in this game? It's always been story and additional Everest type content like Rol through AoL. Does it need to stay that way? If so, to what level should it be tuned? I personally don't have a problem with most of 6.2 and wasn't a fan of 6.3 and 6.4 but other people obviously feel differently. If story content is no longer going to be what tests the top tier players, can we really expect the jumps in roster progression that we get from it currently? What would replace it?

As you said I can only imagine how people would react if the Variants went from a sort of in-between to being the apex of content difficulty again. So are the top only supposed to get some legitimately challenging stuff every few years when we get the next Everest?

How about Frequent Challenges like the Champion Challenge, Boss Rush, and other type of Gauntlets? They could easily implement these as they have done with Variants.
    If they put those out tuned to the top tier players you'll have nothing but everyone else complaining that they can't do it. You already have people complaining when they come out and they're insanely easy for top tier players.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

If they put those out tuned to the top tier players you'll have nothing but everyone else complaining that they can't do it. You already have people complaining when they come out and they're insanely easy for top tier players.
    People will always complain. Boss rushes and clashes are really fun and I’d love to see them come back.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Yes. That, and the equivalent of Give Me God of War/KYWAGB difficulty replay of story content for titles, Kudos points, Style points, etc.

The permanent story content shouldn't be at endgame content level. It's not like God of War with a credit roll after you beat the boss once and you unlock a newer extreme difficulty but can get better gear. In this game, you need to do it a bunch of times and you can't freely revive endlessly to keep trying your hand at a fight and hone your skills.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm on the side of making the Abyss and side events like the maze true end game content that they should put out on the monthly basis. Overtune away on the side events and just have a Mastery and Epic difficulties.

But the story mode should have the act 5 model in terms of nodes and an attack rating equal to the Abyss. They should do away with the current system where 96% of champs are not viable options.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Yes. That, and the equivalent of Give Me God of War/KYWAGB difficulty replay of story content for titles, Kudos points, Style points, etc.

The permanent story content shouldn't be at endgame content level. It's not like God of War with a credit roll after you beat the boss once and you unlock a newer extreme difficulty but can get better gear. In this game, you need to do it a bunch of times and you can't freely revive endlessly to keep trying your hand at a fight and hone your skills.
    Absolutely not on titles and the like. If you don't actually incentivize end game content literally the only people you'll have doing it are YouTubers bc they make actual revenue from it. It will be a complete waste of development time bc the vast majority of players won't even bother with it which defeats the whole purpose of making it.
  • Options

I'm on the side of making the Abyss and side events like the maze true end game content that they should put out on the monthly basis. Overtune away on the side events and just have a Mastery and Epic difficulties.

But the story mode should have the act 5 model in terms of nodes and an attack rating equal to the Abyss. They should do away with the current system where 96% of champs are not viable options.

They only have so much time available. They can't make 47 difficulties of everything to please everyone. That's the problem I was talking about, people are either going to have to accept that there's just non permanent stuff they won't be able to do or that story content is going to be very difficult. I fully expect a fair amount of screeching no matter what they decide to do.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

And Kabam shouldn’t be surprised by that. Literally every other content in the game has been made with those other people in mind. People complain because they want the rewards the top tier players are getting but for free. Kabam should put their foot down and create genuine content for endgame players.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Absolutely not on titles and the like. If you don't actually incentivize end game content literally the only people you'll have doing it are YouTubers bc they make actual revenue from it. It will be a complete waste of development time bc the vast majority of players won't even bother with it which defeats the whole purpose of making it.
    What's the incentive now for story? Access to rankup materials to make the content you just bruted through slightly less terrible as you proceed to brute through it several more times?

Seems to me that the shiny new profile pics, showoff rank 3 champs and titles from Abyss are a pretty strong incentive. Why limit that reward structure to one bit of content? Why not have a #1 profile pic and it goes to the person with the current highest ContestScore™?
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

What's the incentive now for story? Access to rankup materials to make the content you just bruted through slightly less terrible as you proceed to brute through it several more times?

Seems to me that the shiny new profile pics, showoff rank 3 champs and titles from Abyss are a pretty strong incentive. Why limit that reward structure to one bit of content? Why not have a #1 profile pic and it goes to the person with the current highest ContestScore™?
    I couldn't care less about abyss profile pics or R3 profile pics or titles. I'm concerned about roster progression. AW strength increases, prestige increases, and yes making my roster stronger for whatever comes next. I don't want something shiny for difficult content I want something useful. If those things aren't that important why do players care about the difficulty of the content and not being able to complete it now? They want to complete it for the rewards. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't have so many people complaining about the RNG still included in them.
  • Options

Another thing I think needs to be changed is the t4cc crystal in the glory store. I think it either needs be replaced with a selector, add in a rotating class one like how it is for the other class catalysts, or increase the purchase limit to ten and decrease the cost. Why? Because I bought the full limit each week for two weeks to refill my mutant stash and this is what I got:

T4cc is the biggest bottleneck resource for my account. There just isn’t a lot of ways to get it like the other catalysts. The daily quests are so outdated that they aren’t worth the energy. The t4cc Arena doesn’t even give you a t4cc crystal. I can only get a max of 6 a week from glory and AQ. The AQ Map crystals (5&6) rarely give out fully formed catalysts and don’t give out fragments in high enough quantities. The t4cc fragment crystal is hard to come by too now. To make the issue worse, to take a six star to r3 you need 8 t4cc. Why? Why require t4ccs and why require so many of them? I’m having a harder time getting the mutant t4cc then I am getting the t5 basic or t2 alpha.

I think they should just add a selector like they have for the lower tier cats in the black iso market
    It shouldn’t be behind a paywall. I don’t buy the black iso market so if it was available in it, I’d still be in the same situation.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

I couldn't care less about abyss profile pics or R3 profile pics or titles. I'm concerned about roster progression. AW strength increases, prestige increases, and yes making my roster stronger for whatever comes next. I don't want something shiny for difficult content I want something useful. If those things aren't that important why do players care about the difficulty of the content and not being able to complete it now? They want to complete it for the rewards. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't have so many people complaining about the RNG still included in them.
    I didn't say no rewards should be the thing. I get that you want something useful but right now we're getting a series of spoons for digging through concrete. It's more useful than your hands, but basically no better than nothing compared to a jackhammer.

In my vision, the people that want to show off can get titles and trophy stuff for completing feats and the people that are masochists can beat their head against a wall with bonkers challenge content to get roster stuff. I'd probably do something like super boosts for them and targeted materials ("You just defeated Than-Tron the Glitchy Titan-bot! Choose from Alliance War perks, Alliance Quest perks, or Roster perks!") If you want both, do both. If you only want one kind of reward, do the content that gets it.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

I didn't say no rewards should be the thing. I get that you want something useful but right now we're getting a series of spoons for digging through concrete. It's more useful than your hands, but basically no better than nothing compared to a jackhammer.

In my vision, the people that want to show off can get titles and trophy stuff for completing feats and the people that are masochists can beat their head against a wall with bonkers challenge content to get roster stuff. I'd probably do something like super boosts for them and targeted materials ("You just defeated Than-Tron the Glitchy Titan-bot! Choose from Alliance War perks, Alliance Quest perks, or Roster perks!") If you want both, do both. If you only want one kind of reward, do the content that gets it.
    Nah absolutely not. I guarantee you I'm in the majority of end game players with this as well. Top level difficulty should be rewarded with top level rewards. I have no idea why people think they should be able to get the same roster strength as end game players for mediocre content.

Want top level resources? Beat top level content.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Nah absolutely not. I guarantee you I'm in the majority of end game players with this as well. Top level difficulty should be rewarded with top level rewards. I have no idea why people think they should be able to get the same roster strength as end game players for mediocre content.

Want top level resources? Beat top level content.
    Did you read what I wrote? If you don't do the insane over the top content, you don't get the corresponding rewards which would be useful to you for AW/AQ/Roster. If you do, you get to choose the reward package that trips your trigger, and if you want all 3 reward types, you have to do it 3 times.
    If you don't play it, you can't get those rewards. If you want the AW megaboost for you rank 3 Domino, you know where to go. If you just want 10k shards, stick to the monthly EQ.

This game only has champs and not other types of deep roster enhancements or differentiators. If you have beaten everything 100%, top3 AQAW , you might have 2 rank 3 6 stars that are only OK and have good prestige just because of their rank. I might have 2 rank 3 6 stars that are great and have high prestige and I can definitely get that without having completed every bit of content in the game.
    The big idea is that rewards should be different and appropriate for different content and effort. It's stupid for me to open an accumulated with no effort basic and pull a 6star Doom while you work your butt off in Abyss and dupe a Thor Jane.
  • Options
    BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★

The big idea is that rewards should be different and appropriate for different content and effort. It's stupid for me to open an accumulated with no effort basic and pull a 6star Doom while you work your butt off in Abyss and dupe a Thor Jane.

Rewards should be better, and should help you progress through the game easier, faster, and more effectively. This is why other areas of the game that are mismanaged should be polished off - like Masteries. You can create Masteries that accomplish exactly this (that you have to be a certain level to unlock, or have to have completed certain content to unlock) and reward players with Mastery Points. There's no reason that Kabam couldn't make a Mastery (as an example) that lets you do 300% damage on a single hit if you execute that hit within 0.5 seconds of making a Well-Timed Block to deal with opponents that have 300%+ Health Boosts. It rewards some level of skill (this one doesn't take a ton of skill, but it's just an easy example) and makes long slog fights not quite as long anymore. The point is, you can give meaningful rewards that aren't just Champion, Rank Up Material, or Boost, and that aren't hollow rewards like a Title (unless that title does something; having a specific Title on could provide some kind of benefit if they coded it to work that way) or a Profile Picture.

Best wishes!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Another thing I think needs to be changed is the t4cc crystal in the glory store. I think it either needs be replaced with a selector, add in a rotating class one like how it is for the other class catalysts, or increase the purchase limit to ten and decrease the cost. Why? Because I bought the full limit each week for two weeks to refill my mutant stash and this is what I got:

T4cc is the biggest bottleneck resource for my account. There just isn’t a lot of ways to get it like the other catalysts. The daily quests are so outdated that they aren’t worth the energy. The t4cc Arena doesn’t even give you a t4cc crystal. I can only get a max of 6 a week from glory and AQ. The AQ Map crystals (5&6) rarely give out fully formed catalysts and don’t give out fragments in high enough quantities. The t4cc fragment crystal is hard to come by too now. To make the issue worse, to take a six star to r3 you need 8 t4cc. Why? Why require t4ccs and why require so many of them? I’m having a harder time getting the mutant t4cc then I am getting the t5 basic or t2 alpha.

I think they should just add a selector like they have for the lower tier cats in the black iso market
    It shouldn’t be behind a paywall. I don’t buy the black iso market so if it was available in it, I’d still be in the same situation.
    To be fair, it's worth it. If someone can't afford it, that's understandable. The amount of Resources I get for the price of a couple cups of coffee is definitely worth the ten bucks a month.
  • Options
    Bodhizen said:

Rewards should be better, and should help you progress through the game easier, faster, and more effectively. This is why other areas of the game that are mismanaged should be polished off - like Masteries. You can create Masteries that accomplish exactly this (that you have to be a certain level to unlock, or have to have completed certain content to unlock) and reward players with Mastery Points. There's no reason that Kabam couldn't make a Mastery (as an example) that lets you do 300% damage on a single hit if you execute that hit within 0.5 seconds of making a Well-Timed Block to deal with opponents that have 300%+ Health Boosts. It rewards some level of skill (this one doesn't take a ton of skill, but it's just an easy example) and makes long slog fights not quite as long anymore. The point is, you can give meaningful rewards that aren't just Champion, Rank Up Material, or Boost, and that aren't hollow rewards like a Title (unless that title does something; having a specific Title on could provide some kind of benefit if they coded it to work that way) or a Profile Picture.

Best wishes!
    I like that idea too. In other threads I've advocated for expanding #attributes and masteries as well as a way to enhance champs without breaking the game.
  • Options

To be fair, it's worth it. If someone can't afford it, that's understandable. The amount of Resources I get for the price of a couple cups of coffee is definitely worth the ten bucks a month.
    I don’t think it’s worth it really. I used to get it every month, but I’m able to grind out all the resources from the black iso market on my own.