**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    ”It's too easy when I Mega-bomb through this with my champs that are the pinnacle of strength." If you quit Mega-bombing through monthly content with a team of champs that are at the pinnacle of strength, it wouldn't be so easy and boring, if you thirst for True Challenge. Anyway, what will happen if they add another layer of difficulty? Mega-bomb through it with the 2.0 version of peak champs and complain again that it's too easy?
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★

Bodhizen said:

The big idea is that rewards should be different and appropriate for different content and effort. It's stupid for me to open an accumulated with no effort basic and pull a 6star Doom while you work your butt off in Abyss and dupe a Thor Jane.

Rewards should be better, and should help you progress through the game easier, faster, and more effectively. This is why other areas of the game that are mismanaged should be polished off - like Masteries. You can create Masteries that accomplish exactly this (that you have to be a certain level to unlock, or have to have completed certain content to unlock) and reward players with Mastery Points. There's no reason that Kabam couldn't make a Mastery (as an example) that lets you do 300% damage on a single hit if you execute that hit within 0.5 seconds of making a Well-Timed Block to deal with opponents that have 300%+ Health Boosts. It rewards some level of skill (this one doesn't take a ton of skill, but it's just an easy example) and makes long slog fights not quite as long anymore. The point is, you can give meaningful rewards that aren't just Champion, Rank Up Material, or Boost, and that aren't hollow rewards like a Title (unless that title does something; having a specific Title on could provide some kind of benefit if they coded it to work that way) or a Profile Picture.

Best wishes!
    I like that idea too. In other threads I've advocated for expanding #attributes and masteries as well as a way to enhance champs without breaking the game.
    I advocated for these things in the Act 7 Beta feedback.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@xNig

Ok sure you are f2p.

You have 3 accounts all at Caviler i believe ?

You do not represent a typical f2p ( if you are in fact f2p).

How many units did it take you roughly to 100% 6.2 ?

Also my roster is plenty developed. I have 15 r5 5*. I have completed all other game modes I will be doing abyss next month once i have farmed up potions and revives/units. I have no issues in map 7, can solo mini bosses. Can do 10 fights in AW without deaths and dropping the boss at tier 5. I could bulldoze my way through 6.2 using units if i really wanted to.

You just don't get it

For me this isn't fun design where my ability to do something is luck based nor is it fun to do fights which have these super niche requirements that even if you were to meet you aren't rewarded for using specific counters. For vast majority of players its the same other wise we wouldn't be in this thread talking about it.

Yeah because people have vast amount of Gold, ISO etc to take up counters like Rocket. King Groot etc to r4 just to deal with a specific fight.

Mr Sinister is still a very niche fight. All those champions you have mentioned don't deal with the shock aspect of the fight or his healing. They basically deal with one node which is the one which applies poison to you and reduces your damage unless you have a fury. You still have the EMP node, you still have the healing aspect of mr Sinister. Please show me you soloing that fight with any of those champions. There isn't a single champion that completely counters that fight w/o synergies.

Backlash for 6.2 gates was huge prior to 6.2 release they only removed it because the data showed them that people weren't playing 6.2. A prime example is Seatin who is usually first in to all new content and one of the first to 100% it. He had no interest in doing 6.2 100% for a year. Also Legends time for 6.2 was like 11 days, which is ridiculous for a legends run.

Variant Content is a prime example of fun content which is challenging. So its not like you can't have fun content which is difficult.

15 5* R5 is far from plenty developed. I’m sitting at 33 and there are others in Map 7 alliances and big spenders who are sitting on a lot more.

Variant is NOT challenging. The only one remotely challenging was V1. The rest were unit-free.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Another thing I think needs to be changed is the t4cc crystal in the glory store. I think it either needs be replaced with a selector, add in a rotating class one like how it is for the other class catalysts, or increase the purchase limit to ten and decrease the cost. Why? Because I bought the full limit each week for two weeks to refill my mutant stash and this is what I got:

T4cc is the biggest bottleneck resource for my account. There just isn’t a lot of ways to get it like the other catalysts. The daily quests are so outdated that they aren’t worth the energy. The t4cc Arena doesn’t even give you a t4cc crystal. I can only get a max of 6 a week from glory and AQ. The AQ Map crystals (5&6) rarely give out fully formed catalysts and don’t give out fragments in high enough quantities. The t4cc fragment crystal is hard to come by too now. To make the issue worse, to take a six star to r3 you need 8 t4cc. Why? Why require t4ccs and why require so many of them? I’m having a harder time getting the mutant t4cc then I am getting the t5 basic or t2 alpha.

I think they should just add a selector like they have for the lower tier cats in the black iso market
    It shouldn’t be behind a paywall. I don’t buy the black iso market so if it was available in it, I’d still be in the same situation.
    To be fair, it's worth it. If someone can't afford it, that's understandable. The amount of Resources I get for the price of a couple cups of coffee is definitely worth the ten bucks a month.
    I don’t think it’s worth it really. I used to get it every month, but I’m able to grind out all the resources from the black iso market on my own.
    If that's how you feel, I respect that. Between the Shards, the Units, the CMM and Guillotine 2099 I pulled from the Legendary, and the trade-in deals, I find it's saved me a great deal of time.
    edited May 2020
    Gregdagr8 said:

I hate doing the whole quote thing because it takes up way too much room. Ok so I was the one that posted the 427 hits with Blade on KM. @xNig said my roster isn't good enough. My ally faces his ally in wars. We are both top 90 AQ allies, not whale prestige but 10.5+. I know how to play this game at a very high level. I have a rank 3 Corvus, Rank 2 Aegon duped and Human Torch. I have 21 rank 5 5*. I'm also ftp. I'm very well aware of the counters. I've done the hit into block thing with Corvus and Aegon. It's stupid, it's not fun. Why would I want to do a fight hitting into block for 15 minutes? I've done the sp3 thing with SS, same thing, gotta be like 400 plus hits if you want to solo any champ on that lane. BG did it with Sabertooth, KM, Void and some others. I actually don't have Sabertooth or Void. Since I'm ftp, I'm super stingy with my units, boosts, and pots. So I'm not reviving, boosting, or potting through that path. I want to try and do it itemless. And this is my point, that path is almost impossible with the champs and nodes to do itemless. If you brought in SS, GP, Thor Rags, Blade, and Hawkeye, you were FOR SURE using units, boosts, pots or a mix of them. I'm not about that life my man. And the casual player isn't about that life either. The content is not skill prevails, the content is pay to progress. And that's a major problem. The casual gamer might do one path in 6.2.6 but they will never 100% it, even a YEAR later. And that's a major problem.

Actually, you don’t sp3 with SymSup. You need to rotate to fury and sp2... (for the Bleed lane)

Anyway, for the KM fight, I didn’t use SymSup. It was Gwenpool all the way. Sp3 armour break, stack your bleeds. Easy. Push him to sp2, 3 hits guaranteed no reverb damage. After 50 hits it doesn’t matter whether he’s armor broken or not, AAR takes care of it.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    This is my frank assessment on how things currently stand with regards to challenging content like the 6.2 The Champion boss:

- Did the initial clear of 6.2.6 mid-late 2019 just to open up act 6.3 so I could do my legends run for that, I had to spend close to a thousand units just fighting the “easy path” Champion.
    - However, I revisited The Champion earlier this year when 6.4 just dropped just so I could go for a 100% push for my 6.4 legends. When doing so I was able to get one shots on The Champion now with way more experience, practice and skill than I had back then. The plain vanilla champion fight with his 5 charges really isn’t that difficult at all, seeing as how I can consistently get one shots when I’m doing guides or testing the viability of new champs. It’s all about practice guys, none of us started out as mcoc pro players from the get-go. You just need to buckle down and invest the time and effort to get better. Countless others have already paid their dues against this boss, and I don’t see why the status quo shouldn’t hold true moving forward.
    - In conclusion I would like to unequivocally state that the state of the “base” Champion boss with his indestructible charges is just fine, maybe just remove the no retreat node if it helps the less experienced players in the community, but keep everything else intact. That’s what made the whole fight fun and challenging in the first place. This is what end game content should be like and why we as players derive satisfaction from overcoming these obstacles.
    - P.S. my only major complaint about 6.2 was the senseless inclusion of gates that added a needless extra layer of restriction to our rosters for that particular chapter.

The bottom line is this, endgame content at the point of release is meant to present the greatest current challenge, it is meant to test your skill, resolve and preparation. I’ve seen so many complaints about roster depth not being ready for the challenges, and if that’s the case, I’m sorry to say that you’re simply not ready yet. So, just take a step back, restrategize and tackle said content at a later date once you’re ready. There’s no need to rush headlong into clearing content due to impatience.

On the argument that getting the ideal counter champions would take an eternity; well, that’s down to this being an gatcha game at its core when pulling for champions. Some get the rub of the green early on, others not so much. That’s just how all gatcha games are designed, mcoc isn’t meant to be your typical “1 time fee” Single player console/pc game.

I do admit one of Kabam’s current dilemmas now is how to appease to both sides of the divide; those who have reached the endgame and are looking to be pushed to their limits once again, and those who are of the more casual variety. That being said, I personally play games to derive pleasure and fulfillment knowing that I’ve used everything in my current arsenal to beat it. It’s just like fighting those final fantasy secret bosses, you can’t possibly take them down without attaining the requisite skills, weapons, levels and strategies. If you rush in impatiently you’re bound to get slaughtered, and this is what I observe to be the mentality with the majority of the community. They’re not willing to put in the time, effort and patience to get to where they want to be. Sure, you can say that this game although being F2P has a pay-2-win model. But isn’t it the same as with other F2P games out there. There will always be a divide between the haves and the have-nots based on how willing one is to spend. But that’s an entirely personal prerogative.

Just saying one should git good is an oversimplification, it’s about being able to manage your own expectations and coming to the realization that ultimately not everyone will ever be on equal footing based on how the game is structured as a pay 2 win game. It’s not as if this is shocking news, I’m sure we all knew what kind of game mcoc is when we started. It’s an easy to pick up and play game, but as the saying goes “a minute to learn, but a lifetime to master”. If you want to be able to take on the hardest content, you’d best be aware of what you’re stepping into.

Finally, I’m sure a driving force behind the current discontent is also the FOMO mentality. Be content with your current pace, there’s always gonna be people ahead of and behind you. The no point in rushing to try to force yourself to keep up if you don’t have the time or financial means to do so. This is a very unhealthy way of looking at things. There’s no such thing as progression being awarded without any effort, having such an entitled mindset only breeds more discontent. I know where I stand, and I’m perfectly happy with my personal status quo. The endgame players that have such beautiful rosters and resources got to where they are because they deserve to based on the financial resources and time that they’ve invested. The question is, if you wish to be on the same level, then how willing are you to also invest what they have?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

”It's too easy when I Mega-bomb through this with my champs that are the pinnacle of strength." If you quit Mega-bombing through monthly content with a team of champs that are at the pinnacle of strength, it wouldn't be so easy and boring, if you thirst for True Challenge. Anyway, what will happen if they add another layer of difficulty? Mega-bomb through it with the 2.0 version of peak champs and complain again that it's too easy?

So we should neuter our rosters so that the rest don't have to build and learn how to use theirs.....cool.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I'm the last person to think that everything released should be peak difficulty content designed for the very top level rosters, but to think that everyone else should get everything they want easier and we just get stuck off to the side to get some titles, other stuff no one cares about, or just use worse champs is laughable.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

So we should neuter our rosters so that the rest don't have to build and learn how to use theirs.....cool.
    What are you talking about? If you're wanting a true challenge stop using the strongest weapons you have when you know with certainty that will make it not challenging. Who said you needed to neuter your roster? If your rank 3 6 star duped Doom makes it so easy you can't stand it, do it with your 4 star.
    Anyway, my thoughts is that end game content should be the pinnacle difficulty at the time the content is released.

Roster depth is subjective. People might think their rosters are deep with 10-15 R5s. But matter of fact is, it’s far far far from enough. Prestige doesn’t matter here. It’s what you have ranked, not how many sig stones you decide to put into prestige champs.

A6 was meant to challenge someone’s roster, and having the time to accumulate those champs helps immensely. Newer players should concentrate on elders bane then gradually explore a6 as their roster builds.

Just speaking from my own experience, my alliance does Map 6 as it suits our timings better, we don’t push for AW so we loiter around Plat 2/3 level. I don’t spend money on crystals or $$ offers so my rank up resources are relatively scarce.

However, because I’ve had the time to accumulate my resources, I’m sitting at 26 R5s and 7 6* R2s. I also have 6* RUGs sitting in my inventory, and T5CCs to use on champs that I’ve not pulled yet.

Other end game players who spend and consistently push for prestige and map 7, have well over 40+ to 50 R5s/R2s. That’s the market A6 was targeting when it was introduced.

So until newer players reach that level of 20+ to 30 R5s, A6 will definitely be a struggle, and it is to be expected. “End game content” is “end game”, but that term is subjective and not all people who think they are “end game” are truly “end game”.

Hope it makes sense.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    @xNig are you saying you've been completely f2p all map 6? You can't have that type of roster without spending.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    xNig said:

Anyway, my thoughts is that end game content should be the pinnacle difficulty at the time the content is released.

Roster depth is subjective. People might think their rosters are deep with 10-15 R5s. But matter of fact is, it’s far far far from enough. Prestige doesn’t matter here. It’s what you have ranked, not how many sig stones you decide to put into prestige champs.

A6 was meant to challenge someone’s roster, and having the time to accumulate those champs helps immensely. Newer players should concentrate on elders bane then gradually explore a6 as their roster builds.

Just speaking from my own experience, my alliance does Map 6 as it suits our timings better, we don’t push for AW so we loiter around Plat 2/3 level. I don’t spend money on crystals or $$ offers so my rank up resources are relatively scarce.

However, because I’ve had the time to accumulate my resources, I’m sitting at 26 R5s and 7 6* R2s. I also have 6* RUGs sitting in my inventory, and T5CCs to use on champs that I’ve not pulled yet.

Other end game players who spend and consistently push for prestige and map 7, have well over 40+ to 50 R5s/R2s. That’s the market A6 was targeting when it was introduced.

So until newer players reach that level of 20+ to 30 R5s, A6 will definitely be a struggle, and it is to be expected. “End game content” is “end game”, but that term is subjective and not all people who think they are “end game” are truly “end game”.

Hope it makes sense.

I take it you didn't read DNA3000 thread regarding difficulty increase in story contents...
    edited May 2020

@xNig are you saying you've been completely f2p all map 6? You can't have that type of roster without spending.

Yup. Throughout map 6 I’ve been f2p. For about 2.5 years now, iirc. I grab the $7 unit deals once in awhile if I know there’s a big offer coming (like the 15k July 4th unit offer) and based on calculations I might not have saved up enough units by then.

Like recently I whaled out about 4k+ units for Aegon cause I don’t have him and I’ll most probably save more than 4k units for the 3 remaining paths of AoL with him. Am currently sitting at 9.3k units. Planning to grind a little more for the July 4th offer.

xNig said:

Hope it makes sense.

I take it you didn't read DNA3000 thread regarding difficulty increase in story contents...
    Honestly, I don’t find them “hard” hard. True, there are some really challenging fights in A6, and some BS fights, but overall, still acceptable.
    Based on my observations, 2 things are driving the mindsets of the majority of the disgruntled community: FOMO and a sense of entitlement.

You have to manage your own expectations; how can you expect to summit Everest if you have grossly failed to prepare for it. You rush headlong into endgame content due to impatience, of course you’ll barge into a brick wall.

One also shouldn’t have the FOMO mentality, endgame players have gotten to where they are because of their willingness to invest time and money. You envy them, yes. But the question to ask yourself is, “How willing are you to invest what they have to get to where you aspire to be?”

As for the sense of entitlement, it’s simply wrong to expect progression to be handed to you on a silver platter, you have to earn it. Most players think they’ve put in the requisite effort, but what I can honestly say is it’s nowhere near what the endgame players have put in.

You know the basic structure of this game is F2P with an element of pay 2 win. So, of course there’s gonna be a divide between the haves and have-nots. Difficult Endgame content that is the pinnacle of difficulty at the time fo release doesn’t have to be cleared at one shot due to one’s impatience. If you’re not ready yet, prepare adequately with a proper roster to boot and come back again when you’re able to tackle it. Having this mentality of I have to do it without spending revives or I have to have what others have is unhealthy; itemless is an aspiration, but do you have the skills to actually pull it off? It’s ok to not accomplish that, there’s simply no shame in admitting there’re others better than you. As I said, the gatcha model of the game is what it is, ultimately not everyone is going to get the same rub of the green. I’m sure you knew what kind of game MCOC is when your first started, so there’s no reason to feel cheated or mislead by your inability to clear content based on current roster inadequacies.

I was formerly from Xnig’s alliance, there are certainly some issues and also the tonality in which he attempts to voice his opinions which I don’t agree with, but on this matter I have to say that I agree on the most part with him.

This is also a prime example of what I’ve mentioned, not everyone will be in the same situation financially or time-wise. In Xnig’s case, he has the luxury of time to grind ala Brian Grant for his in-game resources. This I can vouch for.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Another thing I think needs to be changed is the t4cc crystal in the glory store. I think it either needs be replaced with a selector, add in a rotating class one like how it is for the other class catalysts, or increase the purchase limit to ten and decrease the cost. Why? Because I bought the full limit each week for two weeks to refill my mutant stash and this is what I got:

T4cc is the biggest bottleneck resource for my account. There just isn’t a lot of ways to get it like the other catalysts. The daily quests are so outdated that they aren’t worth the energy. The t4cc Arena doesn’t even give you a t4cc crystal. I can only get a max of 6 a week from glory and AQ. The AQ Map crystals (5&6) rarely give out fully formed catalysts and don’t give out fragments in high enough quantities. The t4cc fragment crystal is hard to come by too now. To make the issue worse, to take a six star to r3 you need 8 t4cc. Why? Why require t4ccs and why require so many of them? I’m having a harder time getting the mutant t4cc then I am getting the t5 basic or t2 alpha.

I think they should just add a selector like they have for the lower tier cats in the black iso market
    It shouldn’t be behind a paywall. I don’t buy the black iso market so if it was available in it, I’d still be in the same situation.
    To be fair, it's worth it. If someone can't afford it, that's understandable. The amount of Resources I get for the price of a couple cups of coffee is definitely worth the ten bucks a month.
    I don’t think it’s worth it really. I used to get it every month, but I’m able to grind out all the resources from the black iso market on my own.
    If that's how you feel, I respect that. Between the Shards, the Units, the CMM and Guillotine 2099 I pulled from the Legendary, and the trade-in deals, I find it's saved me a great deal of time.
    Fair enough. If I had more disposable income I’d probably get it again.
    Lol. Once a day still okay la. Watch tv at night ma. Tends to get really boring when not multitasking.

xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope it makes sense.

Honestly, I don’t find them “hard” hard. True, there are some really challenging fights in A6, and some BS fights, but overall, still acceptable.
    So, you're saying the attack values and nodes combinations in act 6 (especially 6.3 and 6.4) are acceptable??
    Attack values too high, I agree.

Nodes wise, majority of them are fine.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope it makes sense.

So, you're saying the attack values and nodes combinations in act 6 (especially 6.3 and 6.4) are acceptable??

But you do know that some nodes are affected by attack values, which makes them unbearable..
    edited May 2020
    I personally had no issue at all with clearing act 6.4 legends in one shot. I also prepared by doing research and proper write ups on the strategies to employ for each path.

The only thing that was challenging about my 6.4 legends run was the battle against the Zzzz monsters. Other than that fights were getting done in a jiffy.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope it makes sense.

But you do know that some nodes are affected by attack values, which makes them unbearable..
    What is your definition of unbearable? Something this is unbearable to you isn’t necessarily the same for others.
    kyle2610 said:

I think the most frustrating piece here is the 6 star pool, I saved up for 3 months to run abyss as a f2p player I completed it and this was my reward. What’s the point in completing the Everest in the game to be shafted by these champions that shouldn’t even be in the pool in the first place.

I do empathize with you on this, but you have to realize that this is what we all signed up for... the RNG. I have got shafted more times than you can imagine, but I’m also accepting of the fact that this is how gatcha games work. The element of luck is what adds a both limitations to what one can pull to prevent god tier accounts from being attained to easily and it also adds to that tension of not knowing what you’re gonna get.

I’m not one to make suggestions, but kabam is currently looking at how to alleviate this issue that you’re facing.

Akumaccb said:

kyle2610 said:

I think the most frustrating piece here is the 6 star pool, I saved up for 3 months to run abyss as a f2p player I completed it and this was my reward. What’s the point in completing the Everest in the game to be shafted by these champions that shouldn’t even be in the pool in the first place.

I do empathize with you on this, but you have to realize that this is what we all signed up for... the RNG. I have got shafted more times than you can imagine, but I’m also accepting of the fact that this is how gatcha games work. The element of luck is what adds a both limitations to what one can pull to prevent god tier accounts from being attained to easily and it also adds to that tension of not knowing what you’re gonna get.

I’m not one to make suggestions, but kabam is currently looking at how to alleviate this issue that you’re facing.
    Random is 1 thing, and stacking the deck you pull from with trash is another. That doesn't mean I want all god tier.

I would like the opportunity to more purposefully pull up the champs I want to use with a universally limited resource like masteries if I wanted and had the resources available.
    That’s exactly how RNG works. No one can ensure what your next pull will be. There’s always gonna be chaos in randomness. Any other way and it’s no longer a gatcha game.