**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Math and Fairness

@Kabam Miike

Per your quote: So, let's say for example, a player has 2,400,000 gold initially. They got 9,000,000 gold from this bug and they donated 1,000,000 to Alliance treasury. The amount that will be removed is:

9,000,0000 (rewarded gold)
Minus 1,000,000 (donated to treasury)
Minus 200,000 (gold cutoff)
Equals 7,800,000 removed.

So if you are in an alliance that had war end before this bug was stopped. You get 200k gold. If you took advantage, your alliance chest is now stocked with zero penalty since you arent pulling it from treasuries.

If you spent a ton upgrading, you get reduced to zero gold. But who cares. You upgraded everything and stocked your treasury, so no more future donations.

What about those alliances where war ended after? What happened to the competitive landscape? Those that didnt close war while this was open just took a huge step back.

Where is our 200k? And why the heck dont you revert donations of dirty gold?

Also...why the hell is intercept and parry still broken? There are now reports of nightcrawler staying invisible. Just a sword.

At least I know to short the netmarble stock to make money back I stupidly spent on this game.

Comments

• King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 210
    lol, I agree with this. So our war ended after a fix was pushed and I got 24k gold. a little ridiculous compared to everyone else's millions and billions of which they will get to keep 200k...
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    I always intercept and kept getting intercepted this war. And it looks like they changed mordo. Barely fired off his l1 in war
  • They stated they will look at the alliance donations later.
    But their math is wrong and it benefits those who exploited the glitch
    (granted, given their example numbers this would be difficult to do because you would have to have a lot of champs to rank plus the cats & IS but at lower numbers, the easier to exploit)
    Let's look at their numbers concerning use.
    Player started w/ 3mil + 9mil for the glitch--12 mil total
    Player spent (not donated) 3.3 mil ranking up champs (again, difficult). -- leaves them 8.7 mil
    They can't take away more than 8.7 nil so they take all the gold
    Now, the player comes out 100k ahead because, even if they used their original 3mil plus the 200k allocation that would total 3.2mil
    But was able to spend 3.3 when they ranked up the champs.
    Works regardless of how much you got in the glitch as long as you spent more than what you had (and I know some people who only had a couple thousand In gold), you came out ahead. The lower the starting gold, the easier and more beneficial the exploit
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    edited September 2017
    lol, I agree with this. So our war ended after a fix was pushed and I got 24k gold. a little ridiculous compared to everyone else's millions and billions of which they will get to keep 200k...

You aren't effected by the bug. People who were effected could not enter in arena, and still not getting any gold from arena or from quest.

What you are saying is, my neighbor's house burnt down but I should also get the insurance money?

• Luke2080Luke2080 Posts: 16
    Oh jeez. Speaking of mordo, will they ever fix his sling ring circle that is always on?

@Kabam Miike Whats the deal with maybe fixing bugs and creating a fair solution for this gold bug for all players?

Can they skip the next 2 updates and just fix things? And can someone determine you need a QA process? Software isnt this hard.

You aren't effected by the bug. People who were effected could not enter in arena, and still not getting any gold from arena or from quest.

What you are saying is, my neighbor's house burnt down but I should also get the insurance money?

Everyone was impacted if some alliances benefit from 10s of millions in treasury. And we all also get the arena nonsense. So....many of use lose twice. Thanks Netmarble/Kabam!
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Like I said before. When it benefits the players in anyway there's a since of high urgency! We have had the same bugs since 12.0 and it gets neglected. Transparent
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    So what is the gold reward for killing a champ in aw? @Kabam Miike Gold per champ killed right?

Like i have said many times before, Kabam owes its players. It be fair across the board to give 2 million gold to everyone. Low level players would finally be able rank something. Higher level guys can rank the very exspensive 5 stars. Also you greedy Kabamers dont give gold for map 6. How about you guys respect your players and provide a reward thats worth it.

On another note, i want proof of the beta program. How is it possible that everything that comes to the game is broken? I work in IT and if my team made mistakes that like Kabam does on every update, my whole team would be fired by the second mistake.

Where is the proof of the beta? What is the method of testing?
    They stated they will look at the alliance donations later.
    But their math is wrong and it benefits those who exploited the glitch
    (granted, given their example numbers this would be difficult to do because you would have to have a lot of champs to rank plus the cats & IS but at lower numbers, the easier to exploit)
    Let's look at their numbers concerning use.
    Player started w/ 3mil + 9mil for the glitch--12 mil total
    Player spent (not donated) 3.3 mil ranking up champs (again, difficult). -- leaves them 8.7 mil
    They can't take away more than 8.7 nil so they take all the gold
    Now, the player comes out 100k ahead because, even if they used their original 3mil plus the 200k allocation that would total 3.2mil
    But was able to spend 3.3 when they ranked up the champs.
    Works regardless of how much you got in the glitch as long as you spent more than what you had (and I know some people who only had a couple thousand In gold), you came out ahead. The lower the starting gold, the easier and more beneficial the exploit

So bottom line is, you are salty because you weren't effected by the bug? Did you know people who "exploited the glitch" (has to be a super especial minded to phrase it) as you have stated could not enter in arena, and still not getting any gold from arena or from quest.
    edited September 2017
    Luke2080 wrote: »

Everyone was impacted if some alliances benefit from 10s of millions in treasury. And we all also get the arena nonsense. So....many of use lose twice. Thanks Netmarble/Kabam!

LOL . Did you even read what they officially said before you have started arguing?

The first step of this, which is removing the extra gold from player balances will be completed by tomorrow. We will approach the Treasury issue after that.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    This is another reason why these buffoons at Vancouver deserve to be let go. If nermarble has any kind of business acumen they would actually come on here and hear what players say and do. This company is a complete joke. We as players deserve better then this.

LOL . Did you even read what they officially said before you have started arguing?

The first step of this, which is removing the extra gold from player balances will be completed by tomorrow. We will approach the Treasury issue after that.

So, best case some people get 200k. Or more likely, more than 200k if they used it for rankups. Maybe they take from treasury, but they just set an example where people keep significant and hard to measure rewards.

Its a competitive advantage. And one more terrible mistake while they cant fix basic bugs. Most agree they should stop pushing new content if they cant fix what is broken.

How about that 5* punisher that was clearly never in arena crystals before this last update?

They need a real fix for this gold problem. And my bigger issue is that they need to hire 20 QA engineers.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    They will just ban people again. Anyone who threations the Kabamnation under Netmarble in which bugs it stands broken.
  • So I didn't realize we were supposed to basically not play while this was being sorted out and read some quests and ranked up a few guys I've been meaning top rank up. Nothing crazy, but I basically payed as normal... Am I going to get in trouble?
  • Fun how i get my thread taken down so quickly about this whole gold thing and them not fixing the game but this thread stays up. Anyways keep at it get your points across quick before they remove this one
  • I so wanna post my warning i recieved because i told the truth
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    I so wanna post my warning i recieved because i told the truth

I've been "warned" in pm's from Mike for the same thing.

How dare you speak out against your supreme overlords. Just shut your mouth and keep them rich.
  • CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    I so wanna post my warning i recieved because i told the truth

Been there before...
  • I received a few billion gold last night and did nothing to my account bar play it as it was so obviously a bug and I didn't want to take advantage of it. Today I have seen many post on fb and other medias with people saying they had eg 400k gold originally received a few billion, spent a few mill ranking up and then woke this morning to find no gold but all there rank ups still there, happy days :)
    This was so obviously a bug and people took advantage. Has this happened before? Oh yes the other day with quests rewards, those people lost there extra rewards, ISO or gold spent ranking up, some shards they used along with the extra shards and even bans!
    So where is the fairness?
    Luckily I had nothing to do with either but I do feel sorry for those people when others this time have got away with exploring.
    I know kabam makes the rules but this is just mad
  • I love how you all CRY