**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Act 5.3 is the most mind-numbing, boring content to ever be introduced

Wow. Just finished. Here's what you're in for guys.
1. LONG fights. I'm not saying interesting ones, I'm saying LONG. I hit 300+ hits against an ant man
2.Block damage- this chapter has made me a complete believer in the people saying parry is broken. I think I was lucky to land an intended parry half of the time

I'm so down for new and harder content but this so unbelievably lazy. 50% attack reduction for all types but one champ? Seriously? That's what months and months of planning gets me?

I would rather fight the collector 100 times then finish this. I am always super excited when these new chapters come out by I find myself having to do one fight and walk away or my brain mind literally turn into jello.

What happened kabam??

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    The degen nodes took a ton of thought :roll:

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,035 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's not even funny how BAD this was

Bane+Cornered on the mystic path on 5.3.1. ANYONE see how stupid that is?

Also they ALL BUT ADMIT science class sucks by using GREEN GOBLIN (tech) for the science quest

Mordo? Jeez let me bust out my 4/55 Drax who is DOUBLY hurt by Mystic and 50% reduction

The 2 paths to COLLECTOR were quicker than Mordo! I actually had to burn way more Revs than against the collector

AND THE BLOCK DAMAGE!!! OMG THW BLOCK DAMAGE

Punisher L2 took half my health through a block!!!

Their attack is WAY to high through a BLOCK!

This forces heavy regen champs and massive power control or anyone like AA who just slams the DoT to even stand a CHANCE to complete it

"Easier than Collector" HAHAHAHAHA

Weren't you complaining about some super speed she hulk a few weeks ago? If you can't beat she hulk......forget mordo
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Cobs wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more. So lazy, boring as hell its like every fight is against antman and very disappointing. I actually liked 5.2, lots of new buffs which which i found were at least interesting and some challenging paths. 5.3 is the SL/magik show, just long repetitive fights which are virtually the same in all 6 rounds. Round 6 should have had one of there awesome new science champs as the boss instead of GG....oh wait...

Agreed. It's like the same node for the entire act.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yea, I do agree that this chapter is way less fun than the other chapters. I agree it can be done without money, and it can be done with intercepts and parry, but in terms of how fun it is.... it kind of lacks in that attribute as compared to what we ate in the first 2 chapters.

I mean, when it came to chapter 1, we had these interesting nodes that actually spice up the gameplay, such as flare and breakthrough, as well as life steal. Then came chapter 2, which had nodes with their own special twist like the special attack node. These nodes aren't exactly the easiest to deal with, with the exception of life steal, but they provided players a unique and fun challenge to deal with.

Then came this chapter, and what has it been littered with? This global nodes that cause weakness to 5 classes in one quest. Now, I'm all for making content harder, but that just seems...a little boring to me. It's a boring and weak way to inject strategy and fun play into the chapter. It has become more of "Ok I'll just bring 1 or 2 champs of the correct class, and just endure my way through this quest". There's no special twist to the quest, with the exception of a few bane paths and cornered paths as well as power reserve, but I just think it could have been a bit better.

As for me, personally, I always explore stuff if I can, so I will be exploring 5.3 regardless of whether it's fun or not. I like a good challenge, this one is less exciting but I'll still do it. Just hope they take all these feedback into consideration when they are preparing Act 5 Chapter 4
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Personally I think it's fine. I've explored 5.3.1 up to 5.3.4 without spending a single unit on revives or pots.

The 50% penalty forces you to think who to bring and whether it makes sense to bring them.

Eg. cosmic path on cosmic map. Bring mystics? 50% reduction + 20% class advantage for 30% loss isn't that bad. Or just use a cosmic to roll through it?

Imo it's your choice on who you bring so you can't say that the fights are very long. They're 17-20k opponents and if you're using a class without the attack penalty it is still pretty decent.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure they added block penetration to the champs in 5.3
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I actually really enjoyed act 5.3 since it made me use a lot of different champions because of the 50% class damage reduction. Yes the fights are long but that just naturally comes with more difficult content, antman does not represent all of the fights in 5.3 most I could finish in under 100. I never noticed the block damage because I am not reliant on parry anymore, the AI in 5.3 is very easy to intercept because it is so aggressive and learning how to intercept removes the risk of taking block damage. I think the 50% reduction added something to the content, it forced me to bring teams of mostly 4/40 4*s so I had to 100% rely on skill instead of facerolling all the content with wolverine. gwenpool, doctor voodoo and hyperion
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    I have to run one path in the goblin level to reach completion. Don't see exploring this anytime soon. Too long, too boring

Why run paths in the other 5 then lol.

Don't do it if your gonna whinge about it
    xNig wrote: »
    Personally I think it's fine. I've explored 5.3.1 up to 5.3.4 without spending a single unit on revives or pots.

The 50% penalty forces you to think who to bring and whether it makes sense to bring them.

Eg. cosmic path on cosmic map. Bring mystics? 50% reduction + 20% class advantage for 30% loss isn't that bad. Or just use a cosmic to roll through it?

Imo it's your choice on who you bring so you can't say that the fights are very long. They're 17-20k opponents and if you're using a class without the attack penalty it is still pretty decent.

It really doesn't though because no matter who I'm fighting my R4 5* IF or SL will do more damage than any of my other 5/50 4* regardless of the nodes. I'm literally just spamming them. Hell, I put on suicidesto make the fights a little faster because I'm tired of sitting for so long on one fight, even if it'll cost me items.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Just finished the first path of each and agreed, no rush to do it 100%. Have not done 5.2 100% either.

1- the rewards for the time/energy/items are terrible. Cost benefit analysis = way sub par to the point of being ridiculous.
    2- why do these not count for event completion? I would rather use my time/energy for questing when it counts for solo or 3 day completion events.
    3- hours and hours of time I just don’t want to give at this point.

Do you have video of your elite gameplay? Cuz I find it hard to believe. Some of the nodes make it impossible not to die multiple times on the same champ.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I have to run one path in the goblin level to reach completion. Don't see exploring this anytime soon. Too long, too boring

Why run paths in the other 5 then lol.

Don't do it if your gonna whinge about it

All i am saying is the content isn't really fun and or interesting. It is challenging but not overwhelming.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Brandonius wrote: »

Do you have video of your elite gameplay? Cuz I find it hard to believe. Some of the nodes make it impossible not to die multiple times on the same champ.

He says he didn't spend a single unit to revive. Didn't say he didn't revive. Probably had a significant stash to work with

He says he didn't spend a single unit to revive. Didn't say he didn't revive. Probably had a significant stash to work with

Fair point. Maybe he works for Kabam with his misleading ways.

Yeah it's believable, I haven't spent any units either since I've been saving for months. Still have 100+ 4 hour crystals to open
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    Act 5.3.1 Degen node = unavoidable damage = revives/potions. I really dont understand this node. I think its main purpose is for players to spend?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I like the champ attack reduction. Forces you to bring more of one class and maybe quest with new champs. I have no problem with parry but I try to intercept more than I parry anyway. I rarely miss a parry after doing MLLL combos. I've explored half of it and I like it.

It's difficult to make new content that aren't long fights unless you want nodes like degen and heal block together for a path. These quests make you intercept if you can't parry (still don't understand why people have parry issues) to avoid block damage.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I like the champ attack reduction. Forces you to bring more of one class and maybe quest with new champs. I have no problem with parry but I try to intercept more than I parry anyway. I rarely miss a parry after doing MLLL combos. I've explored half of it and I like it.

It's difficult to make new content that aren't long fights unless you want nodes like degen and heal block together for a path. These quests make you intercept if you can't parry (still don't understand why people have parry issues) to avoid block damage.

I didn't understand the parry issue until now. I'll try the MLLL and see if that helps because quick draw parry is definitely not working for me. Works fine in aQ and AW.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I didn't understand the parry issue until now. I'll try the MLLL and see if that helps because quick draw parry is definitely not working for me. Works fine in aQ and AW.

If you are going to start integrating MLLL combos don't bother with parries and just use intercepts especially in 5.3, they play into intercepts so well since they are so aggressive. The opponent's attacks are so inflated I don't feel like parrying is a worthwhile risk in case 1 misses and I take a couple thousand damage of blocked hits.
    Sungj wrote: »

If you are going to start integrating MLLL combos don't bother with parries and just use intercepts especially in 5.3, they play into intercepts so well since they are so aggressive. The opponent's attacks are so inflated I don't feel like parrying is a worthwhile risk in case 1 misses and I take a couple thousand damage of blocked hits.

Oh I definitely agree on intercept but I have those utility masteries that prevent enemy triggers and power gain maxed and think they have helped a lot too
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    As Kronos says, some fights you want that Parry for Pacify and such, but for most, definitely need those intercepts, or a good regen champ.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    This is so boring I'm not even going to bother finishing it