**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

F2P and casual spenders, how much would you be inclined to spend?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
This is mainly for another thread I’m planning on doing but also out of curiosity. If some great deals were to spring up how much would you be inclined to spend?Would you only buy a small amount or would you think “screw it let’s go big”.

I am also well aware that much of the F2P community can not afford to spend or doesn’t make their own money to spend. This is all hypothetical however.

Also I’m doing this in British £s (because that’s where I’m from), it’s around the same in US $ for reference.

F2P and casual spenders, how much would you be inclined to spend? 61 votes

Under £5
42% 26 votes
£5-10
18% 11 votes
£10-25
16% 10 votes
£25-50
8% 5 votes
£50-100
3% 2 votes
£100+
11% 7 votes

Comments

• CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    I spend monthly on the sigil, Besides that i pretty much only spend on big days. Christimas, new years eve, black weekend or 4th of july.

At thoose weekends, i rather go big than doing something small. I buy the biggest or the second biggest offer likely.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★

It's a wrong assumption to think FTP players don't spend because they can't afford it or because they don't earn their own money.
    Many of them don't spend because it's a conscious choice not to spend on a game that can be played for free as well. Not saying it's the right choice, but it's the other side of the coin.

That being said, I would probably go only with the sigil or the monthly Unit card if I were to stop being FTP.

I didn’t assume that all F2P players don’t spend because of lack of money etc but I wanted to establish that I’m aware of these players and that it’s fine anyways. Also this was all hypothetical I’m not telling you that if you say yes to spending here youHAVE to spend in the actual game
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    Oops I meant to click 10-25, I would be willing to spend that much if it was a good deal.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    I'm 100% F2P, nothing would entice me to spend, not even that dollar deal a couple years ago!
  • I'm F2P, but if I ever decided to start spending, it would be maybe $15 USD a month for the sigil and daily unit card
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 299 ★★★
    I wouldn’t spend anything. Barely anything sold has actual guarantee and is influenced by RNG. Even if it does have value, it’s very little and doesn’t warrant the often overpriced deals. I’d much rather buy a whole console game and have guaranteed enjoyment and fun rather than buy a nexus five star crystals for £100 and get Groot, Iron Patriot, Punisher 2099 and an immediate regret of my life choices.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I would never spend money on a phone or pc game so nothing but I would gladly spent a lot of units :)
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    I'm firmly FTP, just to prove you don't need to spend money to get good, also I'm in high school and i'm not going to spend my money left and right
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I'm mostly ftp, i buy sigil, but not every 30 days. Some bf/4th july offers.
    Idea for an offer: 6* class nexus for 50$. 5* class nexus for 30$. Throw some 6* sig stones and 5* respectively and kabam would get 80$ out of me.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

I'm mostly ftp, i buy sigil, but not every 30 days. Some bf/4th july offers.
    Idea for an offer: 6* class nexus for 50$. 5* class nexus for 30$. Throw some 6* sig stones and 5* respectively and kabam would get 80$ out of me.

Welp, I guess Kabam's never going to get that $80 out of you.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I am FTP. While I do enjoy the game and would like to show some support for the content, nothing you can buy in this game is worth spending for me. I do not and will not buy something unless I know exactly what I am getting. So will never spend money on RNG.

The sigil is something I would totally buy if was a one time purchase rather than a monthly subscription. But alas it is not.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Firstly to assume that people don’t spend because they don’t have money is ignorant. Many just have better things to spend money on.

Now The only way for me to decide to spend money would need to be something of guaranteed value that would make a significant improvement to my account. Truth is this will always be more than my perceived value of the item though with the current costs in this game.

Even then I most likely wouldn’t because there are a hell of a lot more things in the real world I would buy before I would spend the kind of money they charge in this game for those types of things. For that kind of money I could buy a console and games, buy tools I need, finish my front landscaping at my house, buy my kids something they really want and so on.

• Zodiac_SignsZodiac_Signs Posts: 54
    Timone147 said:

Firstly to assume that people don’t spend because they don’t have money is ignorant. Many just have better things to spend money on.

Now The only way for me to decide to spend money would need to be something of guaranteed value that would make a significant improvement to my account. Truth is this will always be more than my perceived value of the item though with the current costs in this game.

Even then I most likely wouldn’t because there are a hell of a lot more things in the real world I would buy before I would spend the kind of money they charge in this game for those types of things. For that kind of money I could buy a console and games, buy tools I need, finish my front landscaping at my house, buy my kids something they really want and so on.

This. It's not due to a lack of buying power. Just perceived value. Anythinh that cost a lot, even when I can afford it, I'll rather spend it on console games (if games are the thing I want to spend on). For this game, 5 to 10 bucks for a really good offer is what I'll do every now and then.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    I am FTP I don't spend on any of my accounts.