**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What happened to the side quest

I’ve been able to do the epic side quest since February, and now I can barely do master! I’ve used all my randomizes in one fight, only to get the same 3 nodes every time. The difficulty is good for higher tier players, but the rewards are underwhelming, while for me I would love those rewards, the difficulty is too much. Where is the balance?

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Not every event is the exact same difficulty level. Because it’s too hard for you the event difficulty isn’t balanced?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Not every event is the exact same difficulty level. Because it’s too hard for you the event difficulty isn’t balanced?

The difficulty is ridiculous for how crappy the rewards are for this
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    At least now we have Cavalier difficulty event quest 🤣
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It's easy for me. Didn't read the node didn't die. Just went through it with blind eyes.
    @TripleB if you’re spending hundreds of units on revives in the epic side event then the difficulty is too hard for you...

And I disagree, a lot of the complaining I see on the forums IS stupid, and people are complaining for the sake of complaining.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Let's be honest, it depends on the random buffs. 1st trip no worries, 2nd trip had a fight I didn't like the buffs. Had randomizer stashed from previous events anyway, rolled it twice both times, same exact buffs. 3rd time worked but really? How many buffs are there and what's the likely hood you keep getting the same. Im used to it, but doesn't make it right or random for that matter.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

At least now we have Cavalier difficulty event quest 🤣

but with uc level rewards
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

@TripleB if you’re spending hundreds of units on revives in the epic side event then the difficulty is too hard for you...

And I disagree, a lot of the complaining I see on the forums IS stupid, and people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Not always. I agree with the OP. When you have 5 months of the year with Side Quests that have difficulty relative to each other, and then you jack it up and add random Buffs, that is jarring to someone's experience. I'm sure people who have no issues like to rub it in with the usual "Git gud." argument, but feedback is feedback. We can't say complaining about Act 6 is valid, and complaining about Labs isn't. Both are valid to the experience of the people posting them. In this case, I agree. There's too extreme a difference between Epics. We need a new Difficulty desperately because shifting it that much to cater to Cavalier Players just makes for an unenjoyable experience for a number of others. At the very least, if Epic is going to have a certain requirement, let that be relatively consistent.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    I don't mean to talk negatively about anyone's skill level, but as slightly above average player (not that great though) and a roster that only has one 5/65 5* and no usable 6*s I found the side quest to be pretty easy honestly. I did 3 run-throughs today using no revives, no health potions.

Read the nodes before you go into the fight is my best advice. Re-rolls aren't very expensive, so stack those up if that'll help at all.
    Not like you to take an un-controversial stance @GroundedWisdom.

We’re barely 6 hours into a new event. If people complaint then why can’t people share opposite opinions back? I’m not even cavalier and I’ve had 3 successful runs without a rank 5 5*. Sometimes content isn’t supposed to be easy.
    FiiNCH said:

We’re barely 6 hours into a new event. If people complaint then why can’t people share opposite opinions back? I’m not even cavalier and I’ve had 3 successful runs without a rank 5 5*. Sometimes content isn’t supposed to be easy.

I've made this point a number of times over the years. My feelings still stand on it. When you make it increasingly more difficult to complete something like Epic within a month, that is not only confusing, but it's also frustrating and actually stunts growth. My issue isn't with making things harder. It's with consistency. When Players have no issues completing Epic each month and it's jacked up in the next, that's not good. Not good for them, and not good for their growth overall. Keep in mind, this is something done everyday. That's extremely discouraging to people when you consider that means a whole month, and you only have one Entry a day, so you have very few choices. Run Master for less Rewards and less stress, keep trying and using Resources, or run the risk of losing your Entry. To add to the frustration, the people who need the Resources the most at the current payout are the ones who are having the most trouble. DNA has disagreed with my view, but there should be a relative consistency in how hard an Epic is. Not just make it harder now and then, and that's just the way it is. To someone growing and doing them consistently, it's not enjoyable or helpful.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

I don't mean to talk negatively about anyone's skill level, but as slightly above average player (not that great though) and a roster that only has one 5/65 5* and no usable 6*s I found the side quest to be pretty easy honestly. I did 3 run-throughs today using no revives, no health potions.

Read the nodes before you go into the fight is my best advice. Re-rolls aren't very expensive, so stack those up if that'll help at all.

Yeah it isn’t that bad for us cavaliers but it seems way to difficult for a lot of uncollected players, the group the rewards are catered to.
    It's not just a bit harder. It's the equivalent of running all 6 UC Bosses, plus a 7th, everyday, with randomizing Buffs. Compared to other Epics, that's quite a jump.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

FiiNCH said:

I've made this point a number of times over the years. My feelings still stand on it. When you make it increasingly more difficult to complete something like Epic within a month, that is not only confusing, but it's also frustrating and actually stunts growth. My issue isn't with making things harder. It's with consistency. When Players have no issues completing Epic each month and it's jacked up in the next, that's not good. Not good for them, and not good for their growth overall. Keep in mind, this is something done everyday. That's extremely discouraging to people when you consider that means a whole month, and you only have one Entry a day, so you have very few choices. Run Master for less Rewards and less stress, keep trying and using Resources, or run the risk of losing your Entry. To add to the frustration, the people who need the Resources the most at the current payout are the ones who are having the most trouble. DNA has disagreed with my view, but there should be a relative consistency in how hard an Epic is. Not just make it harder now and then, and that's just the way it is. To someone growing and doing them consistently, it's not enjoyable or helpful.
    Get good? I'm so happy with this modok quest.
    You can't go over a year offering the same naming convention of difficulties and expect them to be exactly the same when they give resources for ranking or getting new champions coupled with the experience of playing the game.Some entitled players even want the reverse, expect even. They want more stuff for less effort. The phrasing of the difficulties should speak volumes, my complaint is that it's not lived up to that on earlier months. EPIC difficulty, MASTER difficulty. Are you a master of the game?
    Odachi said:

FiiNCH said:

You can't go over a year offering the same naming convention of difficulties and expect them to be exactly the same when they give resources for ranking or getting new champions coupled with the experience of playing the game.Some entitled players even want the reverse, expect even. They want more stuff for less effort. The phrasing of the difficulties should speak volumes, my complaint is that it's not lived up to that on earlier months. EPIC difficulty, MASTER difficulty. Are you a master of the game?
    See, that's the problem with the argument. No one said I couldn't do it. I can. Is it worth the effort I need to put into it? Is it fair to those who don't whip through it with no issues? No. It's about being consistent. That matters. It matters to people who grind by every month just the same as you or anyone else.

It's not just a bit harder. It's the equivalent of running all 6 UC Bosses, plus a 7th, everyday, with randomizing Buffs. Compared to other Epics, that's quite a jump.

This I disagree with - some of the fights are as straight forward as any I’ve had in act 5. It’s slightly harder than previous events, granted, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

The point of this thread is the difficulty in comparison to the rewards. If there’s any fault with this month, I think it’s with the M.O.D.O.K. store, which is underwhelming. I’m happy with the 5*/ 6* shards as rewards for the side event.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Odachi said:

FiiNCH said:

See, that's the problem with the argument. No one said I couldn't do it. I can. Is it worth the effort I need to put into it? Is it fair to those who don't whip through it with no issues? No. It's about being consistent. That matters. It matters to people who grind by every month just the same as you or anyone else.
    If you grind every month you should be making natural progress, no just roster but skill set. If you play a game for as long as some of us have been playing and you aren't improving your ability to play the game, then making poor personal progress is only a fault on the users side if you're not willing to learn new and better ways to learn instead of relying on champions to make up for gaps in skills.
    edited June 2020
    Odachi said:

Odachi said:

FiiNCH said:

If you grind every month you should be making natural progress, no just roster but skill set. If you play a game for as long as some of us have been playing and you aren't improving your ability to play the game, then making poor personal progress is only a fault on the users side if you're not willing to learn new and better ways to learn instead of relying on champions to make up for gaps in skills.
    You're still arguing skill and you aren't hearing what I'm saying. We're not talking about people being handed Rewards up until this EQ. This is precisely why this issue isn't really taken seriously when it's brought up. The problem isn't just that people aren't good enough.